Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

if true... ugh

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Baker and Kennum still have covid

Welp.....would take a miracle now. And, while I will take heat, I feel the tests of baker and Keenum may have been predetermined as punishment for Baker speaking out in first place. Not saying this as fact, not at all, but I feel there is a decent chance of this being true

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
not good news

+ Walker too

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

well... it is what it is folks.

Our playoff hopes are in the Hands of Nick Mullens --- like we all expected at the start of the season

Legend
Legend
Aight so nick mullens is gonna keep our season alive!!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Legend
Legend
L
Theres little chance this won't be an ugly loss. It makes next week a must win for sure.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish
Aight so nick mullens is gonna keep our season alive!!!

I think there is a good chance he might. This is the kind of dismal situation Baker would thrive in, odds stacked against us and nobody expecting us to pull off a win. Mullins has played well at times and under similar conditions. This game is for all the chips, no pressure.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Thing about Mullins, is he has experience, and is no slouch. The Ttackle situation bothers me more than anything.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
This is going to be a glorious train wreck of a game.... the only question is whether we walk away from the wreck, or whether we're immolated in the process.

Make no mistake - because it is a conference game, barring multiple losses by the teams in our division in their remaining games, a loss tonight ends our playoff hopes.
Yes, there is a scenario where we can win the division at 9-8, so *technically*, we can lose tonight AND next week against Green Bay and still win the division, but it requires a LOT of hoping for certain games to fall our way (CIN>BAL, KC>PIT; KC>CIN, CLE>PIT; CLE>CIN, PIT>BAL).

Just Win, Baby.

#mullinsmafia

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: mgh888
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
This is the kind of dismal situation Baker would thrive in, odds stacked against us and nobody expecting us to pull off a win.

saywhat

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
We’ll see what AVP can do again

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
We’ll see what AVP can do again

This game is going to come down to two things:

1. How much can Mullins handle
2. How much our OLine can get the Run Game going when the Raiders know that is all we have.
C. Whether or not we have enough of our defense available to put the brakes on their O.

If ever we need WRs & TEs to get separation early in their routes, it is today. Not facing Baltimore's defense today may be the single biggest thing we have going for us.
On average, their defense is good for giving up at least one 20+ yard run per game, and thankfully, they give up more YPC than the Ravens.
In the passing game, they've been averaging allowing a 68% completion rate, though it appears that it mostly shorter passes.
They haven't gotten a lot of turnovers, and they are not setting the world afire with Sacks, but they're probably good for two Sacks per game. Ngakoueue (sp?) could have himself a game depending upon who we trot out there as our OTs.
It sounds like they protect against the deep ball and try to get pressure. If we can leverage that enough to get them away from stacking the box (basically, keep them trying to take away the Deep), then we might have something to work with.

Browns is the Browns

1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't really disagree with you except for this.

2. How much our OLine can get the Run Game going when the Raiders know that is all we have.

The Ravens were stacking 8 and 9 men in the box. At that juncture it takes more than your OL alone to be successful running the football. Five men on the OL can't block 9 people. At that juncture it takes the additional blockers to also pull their weight if you expect your run game to succeed.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Looked at Mullens highlights from 2020 when he replaced jimmy g. He's quite capable, especially in the short pass game and attacks the middle well. Likes to use TE, but he had kittle in SF and we have two hefty bags of garbage and a half eaten ham sandwich. Soooo.. Going to be the chubb/johnson show hopefully. Last time Mullens played the raiders in similar fashion first start after Jimmy went down and mullens lit them up.. hopefully he remembers how he did it..lol

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
So this mullens kid does not know our system correct? Wad he here during preseason?

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I read that the raiders have the best pass rush combo in the nfl. Not sure if that's true. Either way, the only thing left to do this season is try to beat the Bengals and Steelers and Keep them out of the playoffs. Nothing can be done really about ravens. So while our playoff hopes will most likely die tonight, we still have a chance to retire big ben for good and to hold back the bengals for another season.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by slick
So this mullens kid does not know our system correct? Wad he here during preseason?
I believe he has only been on our team for about a month or so, maybe a couple weeks more...But he's very limited in our system. I remember the first game he ever played for the 49ers, played lights out...Then he just seemed to be hampered with bad decision throws. I'm hoping within our scheme, that supposedly helps hide the QBs flaws...That Mullens should do a solid job today...least I hope.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs
I believe he has only been on our team for about a month or so, maybe a couple weeks more...But he's very limited in our system. I remember the first game he ever played for the 49ers, played lights out...Then he just seemed to be hampered with bad decision throws. I'm hoping within our scheme, that supposedly helps hide the QBs flaws...That Mullens should do a solid job today...least I hope.

I heard on the radio that Mullens has been here since September.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Browns COVID-19 outbreak: Case Keenum tests positive, team turns to third-string QB Nick Mullens

Third-string quarterback Nick Mullens is now positioned to start against the Raiders. He joined the Browns on Sept. 1 when they signed him to their practice squad. He was activated from the practice squad Thursday as COVID/19 replacement.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-update-nick-mullens-raiders/8932032002/

It's a much longer article but this establishes when we signed him.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by Dave

I heard on the radio that Mullens has been here since September.
Good info, and thats probably right. I just recalled he wasn't here during preseason (As he was fighting for a spot in Philly) And it's kind of better news, as he probably has more sense of the O, then I gave him.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
ok Eeyore.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
We got some critical people back. McKinley can step in for Clowney, Teller is crucial and JJ saves the secondary. At least we have the Chief, DPJ, Higgins and Schwartz. The real problem is the tackles. We've lived with Hance, so maybe we manage there, but that other slot is frightening. There's enough on defense and enough for a running game that the game is winnable.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Some info on Nick Mullens:

6-1, 210, 26 yrs old, 4 yrs NFL exp, College - Southern Miss

NFL stats:

16 games started, 600 Attempts 387 Completions (64.5%), 4714 Yards Passing (7.86 YPA), 25 TD 22 Int, QB Rate 87.2

https://www.nfl.com/players/nick-mullens/stats/

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Those are not terrible stats, and we are very lucky we had him for a third stringer.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Actually, I am excited to see Mullins. He has good tape and seems like the type of QB who can excel in this O. He might be some sort of answer.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
We need Sakk McKinley to step up today and wreak havoc... I'm predicting he does.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm hoping to see Joe Jackson do some steppin' out tonight.

1 member likes this: FATE
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by Dave
I'm hoping to see Joe Jackson do some steppin' out tonight.

And "breaking (Carr) in two"?

1 member likes this: Dave
Legend
Legend

We generally run the same scheme as the 49ers (and the Vikings). It's why he's here.
Hopefully, he has learned a bit since he last played.

He won't completely be a fish out of water.

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
Hopefully we can snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat. What a fantastic opportunity we've been provided with.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Raiders add to COVID list, injured reserve ahead of kickoff
link to story

CLEVELAND — Raiders’ cornerback Nate Hobbs has been added to the reserve/COVID-19 list and will miss Monday’s 2 p.m. game against the Browns at FirstEnergy Stadium.

The rookie has been having a stellar season in the slot and will be a key absence for a team trying to salvage its postseason hopes.

It was one of several roster transactions announced by the team on Monday afternoon as they prepare to play a game that was delayed two days because of a COVID outbreak within the Browns organization.

Linebacker Will Compton was also declared out for personal reasons just two hours before kickoff.

Cornerback Trayvon Mullen was placed on injured reserve with a toe injury. He had been out for more than two months before returning to play last week against the Chiefs. He aggravated the injury in the loss and will now miss at least the next three games.

Tight end Nick Bowers was activated from injured reserve to fill his spot on the roster.

The Raiders also called up guard Lester Cotton and wide receiver Tyron Johnson from the practice squad.

So, we get a *little* help.
Missing a LB and their slot CB.

Their full list of transactions before kick-off today:
https://www.raiders.com/team/transactions/
Activated TE Nick Bowers from the Reserve/Injured list; Placed CB Trayvon Mullen Jr. on the Reserve/Injured list; Activated WR Tyron Johnson and G Lester Cotton Sr. from the practice squad; Placed CB Nate Hobbs on the Reserve/COVID-19 list.

Browns is the Browns

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I thought I saw where Waller will be out, is that true?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Garrett needs a 5-6 sack day

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
It was true when we were still set to play Saturday, but I have no idea if it is still true for today.

Browns is the Browns

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Thanks

Legend
Legend
https://www.raiders.com/news/las-vegas-raiders-week-15-inactives-vs-cleveland-browns-nfl-2021

The Silver and Black face the Cleveland Browns in just 90 minutes.

Before kickoff, here are the inactive players for today's matchup:

LB Denzel Perryman

LB Will Compton

G Jordan Simmons

T Jackson Barton

TE Darren Waller

DT Kendal Vickers

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
I thought I saw where Waller will be out, is that true?

Yes Waller is out according to NFL Network

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Raiders 16 Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY)

Link Copied to Clipboard