Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Sixth-Grader Saves Choking Classmate And Elderly Woman From House Fire In Same Day

JUST LIGHT WORK FOR OKLAHOMA HERO, DAYVON JOHNSON, 11, SAVING TWO LIVES IN THE SAME DAY WITH A SKILL HE LEARNED FROM YOUTUBE

Not all heroes wear capes. Some are children with good hearts that happen to be in the right place at the right time. Earlier this month, a sixth-grader from Oklahoma, Dayvon Johnson performed the Heimlich maneuver on a classmate. Then, that same day, Dayvon rescued an elderly woman from a burning house.

The Enid News & Eagle reported, a student trying to refill his water bottle used his mouth to loosen the cap. The cap slipped into his throat and the student began to choke. The choking student stumbled into Dayvon’s classroom.

Dayvon jumped into action and performed the Heimlich maneuver. The bottle cap popped out.

The 11-year-old, told Enid News & Eagle he learned the Heimlich maneuver on YouTube, calling it a valuable procedure to learn. He said, “Just in case you’re in the situation I was in, you can know what to do.”

Later, while walking after school, Dayvon saw an elderly woman trying to escape a house fire. Again, he rushed into action, helping the elderly woman with her walker get out of the home.

“I thought ‘oh, she’s not moving fast enough.’ So I ran across the street and helped her to her truck,” Dayvon told News On 6 cameras.

No one who knows Dayvon was surprised by his quick-thinking nature, as he wants to be an EMT.

Dayvon’s mother, LaToya Johnson, told Enid News & Eagle, “I’m just a proud mom.”

The young hero was honored by both Muskogee County Sheriff’s Office and Muskogee Public Schools at a Muskogee Board of Education meeting.

According to a Facebook post, shared by Dayvon’s mother, Mayor Marlon J. Coleman declared December 9, Dayvon Johnson Day in Muskogee, Oklahoma.

https://www.essence.com/news/sixth-grader-saves-choking-student-woman-housefire/

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I bet he's proud to be Okie From Muskogee.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Give this kid a scholarship to any college he wants.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
I am guilty occasionally of being old and "complaining about kids these days" but at that age I would have panicked at the choking student. I would like to think I would have been courageous enough to assist the elderly woman. What a brave kid.

Last edited by FORTBROWNFAN; 12/24/21 10:11 AM. Reason: I can't type well.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Make him President ..maybe he can save this country !

or HC of the Browns and he can save all of us fans ! lol !

Great job young man !!!

Legend
Legend
Cool story, and fortunately he's young enough that he probably doesn't have a social media footprint, otherwise they would be digging back through his accounts trying to find some stupid thing he said years ago to prove he's really not THAT nice of a guy.

God I hate that I've become so cynical.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I think people can and sometimes do change. Something from 40 years ago may or may not hold true about you today. That's when recent actions, character, and believability come into play. But anytime a major negative is uncovered, it deserves exploration before labeling somebody, if possible. I think this kid will just win at life.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Sixth-Grader Saves Choking Classmate And Elderly Woman From House Fire In Same Day

Link Copied to Clipboard