Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Bird #1914609 12/26/21 02:05 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Bird
https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/table/passing/sort/QBRating/dir/desc

Rated just above Baker are Goff, Roethlisberger, Jackson, Bridgewater, Heinicke, Jones (can you say coach Bill), Tua and Carr. Which of those guys would you prefer over Baker? Maybe Jackson? Maybe Carr? Beyond that? None of them.

So you're saying even those guys rated just above Baker pretty much suck too?

I don't think you made the point you think you made.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
mgh888 #1914610 12/26/21 02:09 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888
I would say that your 100% confidence in Stefanski seems to fly in the face of your vitriol and commentary on Baker. KS thought an injured Baker was our best option all season even immediately after his shoulder injury/re-injury.

So did you. You said so repeatedly on this very board. Remember, a 70% Baker was better than anything we had on the bench.

KS thought that passing the ball 3 times at the end of the game, and on the back of Bakers form in the rest of the GB game - 3 interceptions, multiple bad passes behind receivers and a pass that should have been another pick - was the best chance to win the game. Something doesn't seem to align with your 100% confidence in KS, your belief that Baker is a bum, and the way KS called the game yesterday.

The wind blew in another direction just like your opinion is doing now. So much for "let Baker be Baker".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
WSU Willie #1914613 12/26/21 02:15 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
j/c

Whenever I read "Baker has to have everything perfect" post, I know what I'm dealing with. Coming to a 1-31 team...head coached by Hue Jackson...not allowed to compete with Tyrod Taylor...coming into his first game cold and breaking the two-year winless streak. That's perfect.

2019 - Freddie Kitchens and being woefully out of shape and prepared. Tom Brafy wasn't going to win with Freddie at the wheel. Neither was out-of-shaoe Baker.

2020 - COVID...drives us to the playoff...WINS A PLAYOFF game. One blown non-call...and one poor play on defense...away from the AFC Championship game. Top (5) QB from the bye to end of season.

2021 - Defense couldn't stop squat against the Chiefs at the end and then Baker tears his labrum and breaks a bone early in game (2). Injuries strike...the OBJ cancer gets cut out...COVID...more injuries...COVID. I mean what a perfect situation for a QB to succeed.

Some posters like to bag on Baker for not being Mr Comeback...and pretend to be completely un-phased by the number of times a last drive comeback was thwarted by someone OTHER than Baker. The TEAM overcame (3) INTS and totally sh^%y officiating throughout and were driving towards a missed FG...and the refs cemented the outcome of the game...again. What a delightfully perfect position to be in.

So these are your excuses for his last five weeks. Freddie? Which WR's and TE's were "dropping so many balls" yesterday?

I'm sure glad we look so much better now that the "OBJ cancer" is gone. The Rams must have great cancer doctors. There's a difference in having talent that your QB can't figure out how to use and blaming the talent for it. If you doubt that, see the Rams as an example.

Without the int's yesterday we win that game. Three first half int's led to 21 of the Packers 24 points. But I guess excuses sound better than game film.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1914620 12/26/21 02:33 PM
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Rated just above Baker are Goff, Roethlisberger, Jackson, Bridgewater, Heinicke, Jones (can you say coach Bill), Tua and Carr. Which of those guys would you prefer over Baker? Maybe Jackson? Maybe Carr? Beyond that? None of them.

Nope. They average QBs. They are not great. Baker this year is average. The real question is whether or not he can be better in the situation. It seemed last year and his first year that he could be. We’ll have to see.

Bird #1914621 12/26/21 02:36 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C

Nope. They average QBs. They are not great. Baker this year is average. The real question is whether or not he can be better in the situation. It seemed last year and his first year that he could be. We’ll have to see.

Those guys are terrible.

PitDAWG #1914627 12/26/21 02:52 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by mgh888
I would say that your 100% confidence in Stefanski seems to fly in the face of your vitriol and commentary on Baker. KS thought an injured Baker was our best option all season even immediately after his shoulder injury/re-injury.

So did you. You said so repeatedly on this very board. Remember, a 70% Baker was better than anything we had on the bench.

KS thought that passing the ball 3 times at the end of the game, and on the back of Bakers form in the rest of the GB game - 3 interceptions, multiple bad passes behind receivers and a pass that should have been another pick - was the best chance to win the game. Something doesn't seem to align with your 100% confidence in KS, your belief that Baker is a bum, and the way KS called the game yesterday.

The wind blew in another direction just like your opinion is doing now. So much for "let Baker be Baker".

You need to be more careful with your glee and finger pointing and who you constantly try to pick fights with.

Your first point about KS and Baker and whatever else makes NO FKING sense. It's you being you and trying to fight with someone for the sake of it. In my post to cfrs - I never said I did or didn't have faith in KS or how much faith. I didn't say Baker was or wasn't better than what we had on the bench. You are trying too damn hard to constantly ASSUME and place words and opinions where none were expressed. That's a YOU problem. It's a really awesome example of what you do all the time recently. My post was entirely about an apparent inconsistent position by cfrs ... there is not inconsistent pperspective from me - because I didn't offer one. cfrs said he intended to state 'he has a 100% confidence in KS coming back from a 1-3 hole' ... not what he wrote but it makes sense.

As for your second post - I've never written "Baker bbe Baker" - I've never written that Baker is neutered. . . . Again, you just want to fight so you write chit that posters never said to justify another stupid jibe.

What I have said - is our play calling has been too conservative. What I said about the GB game was that it was the best game KS has called all year. With the exception of the inexplainable last 3 plays of the day..... if you think those were good play calls and made sense ... say so. Defend it. Don't make up stuff and misrepresent or twist what others say (or completely didn't say). . . . and before you get your panties in a wad and write more BS - the difference between not being able to run on Raiders and running 3 times and punting vs running at 7+ yards per attempt versus GB actually matters. And I even commented that I liked the call on the first down to pass ..... what happens in the game ACTUALLY MATTERS.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Swish #1914631 12/26/21 03:00 PM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Stefanski have baker many opportunities to go win this game. He failed. Stefanski let baker do his thing.

And this is what we got. Make all the excuses for baker y’all want, but ultimately it’s gonna be up to Berry and Stefanski on if we keep baker or not.

That 2-14 career stat for baker when the game is on the line is atrocious.

And why are we still talking about bakers sloppy ass mechanics and footwork in year 4? That’s embarrassing.

Baker threw 3 picks that were his fault. I give the last one up cause if the blatant PI, but you guys seem to gloss over the fact that the defender dropped a pick on the 2 point conversion and another drop in the 4th quarter. That easily could’ve been 5-6 picks for baker.

Never mind the routine throws that any average QB makes that he missed. Never mind him taking back to back sacks that put us out of field goal range.

His entire performance was hot garbage. No matter what excuses you make, baker mayfield this season has been hot garbage.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
2 members like this: CapCity Dawg, 85_Browns_Queen
mgh888 #1914635 12/26/21 03:06 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
So "Stefanski did good until it actually counted" is a compliment? I never knew that. Thanks for clarifying.

I actually thought you read the board. People have claimed that Stefanski has stifled Baker. That he won't "let Baker be Baker". That he is hindering Bakers progress. that "70% of Baker is better than anything we have on the bench". That he won't let baker call plays at the LOS and all of this is because Stefanski doesn't know how to use Baker. Since you seem to think these things didn't happen, selective blindness is the only logical explanation I can come up with.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1914650 12/26/21 03:32 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
People say lots of things ... if you are happy quoting other people and using what they said in a specific reply to me, that says a lot. You quoted me and then "countered" my comment with attributing to me what others have said. Yeah. Makes a ton of sense. It was and is weak. You can either own it and accept that what you just did was wrong... or keep trying to create a new spin. Either way - I am done. You are not being sincere or honest on either thread about Baker. End of story. We agree Baker needs to play much much better. Leave it there.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Swish #1914668 12/26/21 05:00 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Did anyone really expect that game to end any other way?

I know it's frustrating as hell, but we know what we are. A team that can never come up with a clutch play at the end of a game when it really matters.

1 member likes this: Steubenvillian
mgh888 #1914673 12/26/21 05:10 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I love the ones who say, "If we had a different quarterback we could have won this game," but it kinda works other ways too, doesn't it? If we had better receivers we could have won that game too, right. Do you think if we had Evans, Godwin, and Gronk we'd be 7-8? Then there's those who think running Chubb every down is the answer.

I'm telling you, get Baker some weapons and he will thrive. Just wait and see.

Dave #1914674 12/26/21 05:12 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dave
I realize there is a large contingent of Browns' fans who think its a "loser mentality" to complain about officiating ... sour grapes, whining, agenda regarding a certain QB, whatever. I just want to clarify that I'm just asking them to call games within an 80-90% accuracy range, not looking for any favoritism towards my team. Just do your J-O-B, and call the game fair and square. Because right now, IMO, the NFL has a big problem with their officiating crews and its eroding public trust in their game.

[Sung to the famous Christmas tune]
"It's beginning to look a lot like... WWE.

Perhaps someone a lot more knowledgeable than I could educate us about the NFL's quality assurance program regarding NFL refs. I know that every call they make is reviewed by the league, but can you tell me this: can refs be fined for egregious bad/missed calls?

"too many notes, not enough music-"
devicedawg #1914675 12/26/21 05:14 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by devicedawg
I love the ones who say, "If we had a different quarterback we could have won this game," but it kinda works other ways too, doesn't it? If we had better receivers we could have won that game too, right. Do you think if we had Evans, Godwin, and Gronk we'd be 7-8? Then there's those who think running Chubb every down is the answer.

I’d take Baker hitting wide open receivers.

Swish #1914676 12/26/21 05:15 PM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
On the final drive, I wonder how many people were thinking to themselves, "We are going to win this game" or "Please don't throw an interception".

I would like to see a poll of fans who have the utmost confidence in Baker to consistently lead his team on a game winning drive.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
cfrs15 #1914677 12/26/21 05:19 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by cfrs15

I'd take open receivers.

DaveyD #1914680 12/26/21 05:24 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
I thought we would get in position for an attempt at a game-winning FG. (Whether Naggar makes it is another story.) If we had, and if Naggar missed a 30-35 yarder, how many posters would say Baker failed once again to lead us on a game winning final drive?

DaveyD #1914681 12/26/21 05:28 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I found it very peculiar we didn't run once. Only down 2 points a FG would win, but the problem was not really having a kicker. My guess with McLaughlin kicking we felt we needed a TD. But with 3 timeouts why not run one? I thought we were set up to win. That was a good throw by Baker.

We desperately need a #1 WR.

Swish #1914683 12/26/21 05:32 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Doesnt the nfl review turnovers? and pass interference in the final minutes after the saints? debacle?

Joe Thomas #73
devicedawg #1914684 12/26/21 05:33 PM
S
All Pro
All Pro
S

With the team the Browns currently have, I don't think you have the luxury of time to draft weapons that will develop with the QB.

devicedawg #1914686 12/26/21 05:35 PM
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
I found it very peculiar we didn't run once. Only down 2 points a FG would win, but the problem was not really having a kicker. My guess with McLaughlin kicking we felt we needed a TD. But with 3 timeouts why not run one? I thought we were set up to win. That was a good throw by Baker.

We desperately need a #1 WR.

One could make the argument that the Browns actually had one; but that's dependent upon what your opinion is on the matter.

devicedawg #1914689 12/26/21 05:40 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P

What about the WR's performance in this game were bad?

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It doesn't take long.

PitDAWG #1914691 12/26/21 05:45 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

What about the WR's performance in this game were bad?

DPJ isn't a #1 WR. Maybe someday, but not yesterday. Not today.

mgh888 #1914693 12/26/21 05:51 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Let me explain what you have chosen to do in hopes that it will help awaken you.

In the last offensive play the Browns made, Baker threw a pass which clearly would have hit a WR who had position on the defender. If you disagree with this it appears you believe you know more about the situation than the actual defender on the field knew since he felt compelled to interfere with the WR. The ref blew the call. Either the complete pass or the PI call would have put us in FG range having three timeouts remaining with just under a minute left.

Your answer to this? It was bad play calling. If this isn't a prime example of how deeply down the rabbit hole you and those who have "created" this false narrative have fallen to make excuses why it all comes down to the fault of Stefanski I feel you are all beyond help.

Device, we have open WR's. We just need someone with the ability to find them. BTW- OBJ just caught his fourth TD with the Rams.

i know, i know. You're all tired of hearing about OBJ. We were tired of hearing some of you using OBJ as another excuse for Baker too. But that never stopped you.

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #1914694 12/26/21 05:56 PM
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B

Those guys are terrible.
Lamar Jackson in 2020 26 TDS and 9 INTS record of 11-4 plus 1000 yds
Roethlisberger in 2020 33TDS and 10INTS record of 12-3

The rest of the guys have similar or slightly better numbers than Baker this year. He is average this year at best.

PitDAWG #1914695 12/26/21 05:56 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Device, we have open WR's. We just need someone with the ability to find them. BTW- OBJ just caught his fourth TD with the Rams.

OBJ never wanted to be here. When he was traded here he wanted to be with the Rams. He worked like an undermotivated employee. If you've ever been around one you would know those bring other people down. The complaining gets old, the second guessing gets old.

Also OBJ is not the #1 in LA. He was here. He has Cupp to help get him open.

Can you now get off this stupid dead horse?

FrankZ #1914697 12/26/21 06:00 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sure I can. Just as easily as those blaming OBJ for the ills of this offense did. "We are better without OBJ".

No, we're not.

#gmstrong
devicedawg #1914698 12/26/21 06:00 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C

I'd take open receivers.

According to PFF we have three or more open receivers something like third most in the league.

cfrs15 #1914701 12/26/21 06:03 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
That does not suit their agenda.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1914703 12/26/21 06:13 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If he didn't want to be here we are better without him.

The OBJ effect lingers, but we are better without him.

cfrs15 #1914709 12/26/21 06:33 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C

I'd take open receivers.

According to PFF we have three or more open receivers something like third most in the league.

FrankZ #1914711 12/26/21 06:49 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FrankZ
The OBJ effect lingers, but we are better without him.

So we are seeing the lingering effects of OBJ.

rofl

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1914717 12/26/21 07:14 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So you are saying you've never been around a soul sucking co-worker?

It takes time to get past it. We will but it does take time.

You laugh and snark when you actually have no real point.

FrankZ #1914719 12/26/21 07:17 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
No point. You mean like saying "The OBJ effect lingers"? It's kind of funny. Every player on this team that has said anything about OBJ has said nothing but positive things about him. Only the media and fans have made a story that suits their purpose. And yes, that's a valid point. Like it or not.

Making things up with no evidence to support it is a convenient way to paint any picture you want.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1914728 12/26/21 07:50 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No point. You mean like saying "The OBJ effect lingers"? It's kind of funny. Every player on this team that has said anything about OBJ has said nothing but positive things about him. Only the media and fans have made a story that suits their purpose. And yes, that's a valid point. Like it or not.

Well since they said it on the Internet it MUST be true. Have you actually been part of a team? In the real world, not in your evidently fantasy world where you are always right, teams can be fragile. Someone doesn't have to be a cancer to be bad for a team and their actions can have effects long after they are gone. I don't expect anyone on this team to say he was an issue, much like I don't expect anyone to toss Baker under a bus for throwing four interceptions in a game.

Frankly if OBJ was such a dangerous weapon for us and the critical team player you seem to think he was then Berry should be out. He got rid of THE piece for nothing.

Making things up with no evidence to support it is a convenient way to paint any picture you want.

Looking in the mirror while posting?

2 members like this: FATE, Dave
PitDAWG #1914729 12/26/21 07:52 PM
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I think all of you “fans” need to stop bitching and moaning and look at where things stand. Assuming the chiefs do not collapse on the Steelers tonight, despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, we will be playing meaningful football in January. That’s right! Meaningful football in January!

Would I like to be in control of my own destiny ?? Of course. But if I cannot, I cannot think of too many better situations to be in than ours. If next week the rams beat the ravens and the chiefs beat the bengals and we hold serve against the Steelers, then week 18 we are playing for the division. We do not need Jacksonville to beat someone. Both those scenarios can play out. There are a lot of teams that would like to be able to say that but cannot. But despite that 90% of the posts are criticizing our players and coaches.

Years ago browns fans supported their team and their guys. We lived in a place called believeland. Now we have way too many fans who have moved to quittersville. They give up on our team and our players. Not me. Like tug McGraw said back in 69, “ ya gotta believe”.

One question for the experts. I know if we finish in a two way tie with the bengals, our head to head record gives it to us. What if it is a3 way tie with the ravens in it? How does that work??

GO BROWNS!!!!

2 members like this: Dave, jfanent
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
One question for the experts. I know if we finish in a two way tie with the bengals, our head to head record gives it to us. What if it is a3 way tie with the ravens in it? How does that work??

GO BROWNS!!!!
division record I think

Joe Thomas #73
BADdog #1914735 12/26/21 08:17 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BADdog
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia

GO BROWNS!!!!
division record I think

That is correct, and we would win. We aren't as far out of this as people think.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
PitDAWG #1914745 12/26/21 08:42 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by atgolds
Originally Posted by lionchamp29
just run the ball when the game is on the line and we win

Like the the Raiders game?

And that's the Dawgtalker way. They complain when we don't let "Baker be Baker" and they complain when we do. If Stefanski let's Baker pass and we lose, it's Stefanski's fault. If he runs instead of letting Baker throw, it's Stefnanski's fault. No matter which way the wind blows, it's Stefanski's fault.
Who is they?

We were throwing the ball fairly well against the Raiders, the run game wasn't working well at all... so we needed a first down to win the game and we went run, run, run... right into the teeth of the defense, 3 times. And that wasn't Stefanski...

We were running the ball great against the Packers, Baker looked good at times but overall kind of shakey... so we needed to keep a drive moving for about 20 more yards and we went throw, throw, throw...

I like Stefanski, I think he is technically a pretty good coach. I think he knows his stuff and can come up with a really good plan.. but after watching him for 2 years now, I really question his ability to "feel" the game.. I don't know what it is, I don't think I could do it any better.. but some coaches just seem to have a knack for dialing up just the right play at the right time and he doesn't seem to have that..

Last edited by DCDAWGFAN; 12/26/21 08:43 PM.

yebat' Putin
jfanent #1914750 12/26/21 09:04 PM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
We would win the division based on division game record amongst the 3 teams.

Ravens 1-3 against Browns and Bengals.
Bengals 2-2 against Browns and Ravens.
Browns 3-1 against Bengals and Ravens.

As predicted, Bengals crushed the Ravens and Chiefs crushed the Steelers.

Now just need Chiefs to beat Bengals, Rams to beat Ravens, and Browns to beat Steelers. Then it is winner take all against Bengals in the last week.

2 members like this: FATE, Dave
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 22 Packers 24 Post game.

Link Copied to Clipboard