Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Yep...it's impossible to fear a banged-up, 2nd yr 6th Rd developmental WR...a long-time PS member recently called up...and the even-more-recent PS call up Mr. JoJo Natson.

It sounds like Harrison will be out for a bit...but no worries...Miller Forristall is the next to-be-feared, pass-catching (TE) option...so we should be able to keep pounding the square peg into the round hole.

E
Legend
Legend
E
If you and Pit think all I bring to the table on QB play is "Apologist" don't have time as nurse on her way for IV treatment.

But you both claim to have more knowledge about QBs than Kurt Warner...yeah ok smart asses go watch the film and Kurt's lying eyes. Ignorance is no way to go through football life. I know QB play and what I see! apologist I see when you cannot debate somebodies superior knowledge of the game call him names...might as well call me a racist as I think Lamar sucks and Baker has greatness in him! later

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
When have I ever claimed that?

And aren’t people on tv wrong all the time? Now all of a sudden just because you got your head up bakers butt, anybody who says anything good about baker is 100% correct?

Good lord…

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Oh no! ooo

Now you will draw the wrath of the apologists! tsktsk
Oh look, the "Baker is our only problem" pitchfork mob is making fun of the apologists.

If that were actually true it would have made for a good post.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by eotab
If you and Pit think all I bring to the table on QB play is "Apologist" don't have time as nurse on her way for IV treatment.er

The post swish made was to bonefish. The post I made was to Swish. Nobody addressed you at all.

Not everything is about you.

Warner broke down one half of the last three terrible games by Baker. In two of those games he threw for one pass over 50%. In the last game he threw for less than 50%. Six halves would tell the story. One out of six won't. This isn't complicated.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree on the Ol, especially when it comes to Wills.

I am not saying the guy is a bust. He is a average LT. If we put him on the right, I think he could be all-pro. I think it's time to plan on him as a RT.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The best rushers come from both sides now.

TJ Watt comes at the RT.

Conklin is a worthy All Pro. His injury is a serious one and will be monitored closely.

Wills? I don't know about him. He seems to lack quickness and plays tall. Sometimes tackles take time to develop.

Callahan is a respected OL coach. So, we shall see if Wills gets any better.

Legend
Legend
I agree with Wills. He hasn’t impressed me much in two years. Of course, he’s not always healthy and a 2nd year player is still young. But he’s not been worth his pick IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
He played well last year not so well this season. I would think it was the injuries. Let's see what he can do when healthy again.

Legend
Legend
This is fair enough. He was better last year. Next year is a big one for him

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We desperately need a MLB a WR or two

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
We desperately need a MLB
Mychal Kendricks, D, Davis?( I may have that name wrong,) and Jamie Collins. 3 good linebackers on the Browns or other teams afterwards. They were on the Browns at some time.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
That is an interesting stat.

But we probably throw less than most teams. Then it is a matter of what comes first?

We don't throw because we lack receivers? Have no faith in the quarterback?

Or, because we have such a great running game?

Baker came into the NFL has a guy with the reputation and stats as a thrower.

His first season under a dysfuctional coaching staff. He set the record for TD's by a rookie in only 14.5 games.
Then there was the Kitchen's experiment. And we added some great runners.

In comes a new GM and coaching staff. Nick Chubb, Hunt, along with an improved OL became the foundation. Stefanski and AVP then developed a run based offense with play action, motion and heavy TE use as the offense.

The offense does not feature the pass game. It uses the passing attack as a balance to a run based offense.

Now what?

I have always loved what Sean Payton did in NO with Brees. I loved that offense. They ran the ball but they used a quick strike passing attack. They had great routes and Brees was the triggerman.

IMO Baker could thrive in that offense.

Baker can throw it. IMO in Cleveland he has never been in sync with the offense. He has not developed that passing chemistry with a receiver unit.

He has not had a number one receiver. It never worked with Odell. All the other targets were just that. Targets. Not a unit passing game. Nothing like KC or NO.

So, this off season I am super curious about what Berry will do with "the passing attack?"

1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I agree with Wills. He hasn’t impressed me much in two years. Of course, he’s not always healthy and a 2nd year player is still young. But he’s not been worth his pick IMO

We sure miss him when he's out however....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

I don't know that this proves much.

The Baker Haters will say it's the QB that is dragging them down. . . Look at OBJ.

Others will say that good WR's routinely bail out their QB with great plays.

Someone did suggest Burrows would thrive with our WR's and I suggested it's possible none of our WR's would make the Bengals 53 man roster. Does anyone have the Bengals WR PFF grades? Just curious.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bonefish

I have always loved what Sean Payton did in NO with Brees. I loved that offense. They ran the ball but they used a quick strike passing attack. They had great routes and Brees was the triggerman.

IMO Baker could thrive in that offense.

I do agree that a different offensive scheme would play to Baker's strengths. But then Baker also thrived in this scheme when healthy and down the stretch last year. He started this year 40/49 and 530+ yards in the first two games before injury. I think it is reasonable to think he can succeed here if healthy.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
According to PFF;

Tee Higgins is 8th
Ja'Marr Chase is 18th
Tyler Boyd is 38th

FYI This is the worst rating by far that Landry has ever received, his lowest ranking before this year was 33rd, if he's healthy I still think he can be a top WR. The rest.....Higgins is a decent possession WR....Schwartz, he's got speed, we'll see how he develops.....DPJ is exactly what he was at Xichigan, very talented but does not work to get better and doesn't always give 100%. We could really use a top flight WR to team with Landry.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
Yeah he’s better than Hance and Hudson. I’m wondering if we can keep him at RT and move Joel to LT (and Dunn at LG)

M
Legend
Legend
M
Thanks 66.

I've always been a fan of Landry's. I think he brings more to the team than just what you see on the stat column. But he's paid like a top 15 WR ... and this year after his injury he has definitely not been the same. I'd like him back but probably only on a reduced/reworked contract. As for the comparison to the Benglas WR. I think DPJ has promise. I think Landry is solid when healthy ... but neither is going to crack the top 3 of the Cinci depth chart, healthy or not.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Yeah he’s better than Hance and Hudson. I’m wondering if we can keep him at RT and move Joel to LT (and Dunn at LG)

Stefanski said that Bitonio will move back to left guard with Wills back.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I think Landry has checked out. Between knowing he's gone next year, obj being waived, and his QB regressing I think his mind is already onto next year.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888
Someone did suggest Burrows would thrive with our WR's and I suggested it's possible none of our WR's would make the Bengals 53 man roster. Does anyone have the Bengals WR PFF grades? Just curious.

I have no idea what one has to do with the other. I don't know whether it's Baker making our WR's look bad or not. What I do know is that we rank third in open WR's per pass play. And yes, that may very well impact their production and ranking of our WR's. Your contention is that the PFF grades are an indication whether Burrows would succeed with our WR's. A counterpoint could easily be could Burrows succeed with that many open WR's?

I don't claim to know one way or the other but I think either side that feels so firmly either way only wishes to look at one side of things. But there's a lot of that going around.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Rishuz
I think Landry has checked out. Between knowing he's gone next year, obj being waived, and his QB regressing I think his mind is already onto next year.

It could be a number of things. What I can tell you for sure is that if a player isn't confident there will be success or that things are going backwards instead of forwards, it impacts their play in a negative way.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
The Baker Haters will say it's the QB that is dragging them down. . . Look at OBJ.

Others will say that good WR's routinely bail out their QB with great plays.

Pit... I think in your rush to pick a fight with my post you just repeated what I already said. Good job man.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Yes, that's exactly what you were saying.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Your contention is that the PFF grades are an indication whether Burrows would succeed with our WR's.

I said in the post I quoted that you can look at the WR grades and argue the QB impacts their grade ... I also said you can look at the WR's that make great plays and say it elevated the QB grades. Which is sort of what you got around to saying in your post.

Then - separately I had commented that it was possible none of our WR's would make the Bengals team. That's it. I referenced that and after someone posted the Brown's PFF grades - I asked if anyone had the Bengals WR grades. That's my post/comment.

YOU once again are creating an argument and debating something i never said. I did not comment on Burrows success or otherwise. This is what you constantly do.

Me: WR grades might be impacted by QB play. QB might be impacted by WR play. . . . and by the way, going back to a comment the other day, it's possible no Browns WR is good enough to make the Bengals team.

You: So your asking if Burrows could succeed with our WR's.

No. Not what I said.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you didn't make an inference when you posted. "I suggested it's possible none of our WR's would make the Bengals 53 man roster."

Okay.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz

It could be a number of things. What I can tell you for sure is that if a player isn't confident there will be success or that things are going backwards instead of forwards, it impacts their play in a negative way.

HE does appear to be disinterested to a degree.. at first I chalked it up to returning from injury,, but I just don't know.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
Just a few random comments
I don’t see Keenum and his salary as an upgrade over what Mullens showed on short notice against the Raiders. Small sample sizes, but from what Keenum makes, I’d take my chances elsewhere.
Clowney has had a really good year imo, and should return.
I don’t know the reason why Higgins barely plays at times, but seems solid when he does.
It would be really nice to bring back D’Earnest Johnson. Idk what his contract status is currently, but when he gets reps behind Chubb or in general, he excels more often than not.
I would love to see Hooper gone…probably won’t happen due to his cap hit, but Bryant and Njouku are much better options…Hooper has zero separation speed. Looks really slow out there.
McDowell has played well too, I believe. I’d like to see him and Clowney back as they are both relatively young.
I still think DT should be a high draft choice.
Walker has done better than the journeymen we’ve rotated since Schobert left.
I think our big weak spot that has been talked about a lot is Wide Receiver…
There should be plenty of options in the 1st round for a weapon there.
I don’t see Jarvis returning unless he restructures.
Safety R Harrison has been sporadic this season after having a good year before.
If he can be resigned at a bargain, I wouldn’t object.

Draft/Free Agency should focus on Wr/Dt/Ot/LB

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Roster weakness and depth

Link Copied to Clipboard