Next Thread
Print Thread
#1911721 12/17/21 01:08 PM
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Just had to take an assessment for work-place blahdy-blah, but it’s still interesting to see what the results show. Mine was ESFJ OR “Consul.” I’m “attentive and people focused, and I enjoy taking part in my social community. My achievements are guided by decisive values and I willingly offer guidance to others.” That last part may be why my wife gets irritated with me wink

What does everyone else on the board have?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not sure but probably along the lines of doesn't play well with others.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Honestly, I find Enneagrams more interesting than Meyers-Briggs personality types. Other than being an "I" for sure, I find myself trying to balance the other pairings. Although, in some ways I might be trying to balance introvert and extrovert, too, but just can't stand the people that I find myself around most often. Come to think of it, this crazy board might be my outlet for extroversion balance seeking.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: dawglover05
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
INFJ.

The whole dorm floor took this my freshman year at OSU. The woman running it announced everyone but me and just said there was one left (INFJ is only 1% of the population so it made sense I was the only INFJ) and told all the ladies this is the person they should all be wanting to date. Of course that didn't help me smile

16 personalities has a good write up about INFJ (Advocates) and it is 90% perfect for me. It also explains why my former employees keep asking me to get them back on my teams.
https://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality

clwb419 #1911880 12/17/21 08:00 PM
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
That’s interesting. I have a friend who’s an INFJ and he has those same traits. He really made it for himself as an entrepreneur and everyone who works for him loves it.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted by dawglover05
That’s interesting. I have a friend who’s an INFJ and he has those same traits. He really made it for himself as an entrepreneur and everyone who works for him loves it.

Yeah, this stuff is a little scary how accurate it can be.

Legend
Legend
I took Meyers Briggs many years ago and honestly don't remember my results. The most recent one I took was called "Strength-Finders".. it was really cool and it pegged me to a T...

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have taken it a few times in my life. I've always been an in-between ENTJ or ESTJ. I think mine varies because of my decision-making/work-life balance and personal values.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
I took Meyers Briggs many years ago and honestly don't remember my results. The most recent one I took was called "Strength-Finders".. it was really cool and it pegged me to a T...

Depressed Browns fan? wink

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: tastybrownies
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
That’s close to mine. I’m huge on work life balance.

#gmstrong
clwb419 #1915150 12/28/21 11:20 PM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by clwb419
INFJ.

The whole dorm floor took this my freshman year at OSU. The woman running it announced everyone but me and just said there was one left (INFJ is only 1% of the population so it made sense I was the only INFJ) and told all the ladies this is the person they should all be wanting to date. Of course that didn't help me smile

16 personalities has a good write up about INFJ (Advocates) and it is 90% perfect for me. It also explains why my former employees keep asking me to get them back on my teams.
https://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality

Ah-ha! Another rare INFJ among the group! I remember I used to be an INTJ then around my mid-twenties I turned into INFJ switching the thinking towards feeling being one of my prime senses. I listen and observe more than I speak to others. I usually like comforting people, a lot feel they can confide in me it seems. I also shifted my world views to look at any job I'm doing and ask how its helping people. How is it making people's lives better, enriching them, doing good. I thought that was common sense until I found out not everybody thinks like that! That if the job doesn't do those things its not for me but may be for someone else.

If one answers honestly I find the Meyers Briggs test to be EXTREMELY accurate.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 12/28/21 11:26 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
1 member likes this: clwb419
B
Legend
Legend
B
YOU ARE AN ISTJ
The Inspector
ISTJs are responsible organizers, driven to create and enforce order within systems and institutions.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I took one of these test once 20+ years ago and at the time thought it was stupid. So, out of curiosity, I took the freebie on 16personalities.com. I don't know about the name, but the report kind of nailed me. I'd say high 90 percentiles nailed me. Results: ENTP-A or Assertive Debater type. It nailed me enough to consider getting the full report, haven't yet but might just because I've never really considered it more than pseudoscience and have never delved into it. But I have to admit the free report has my intrigued, and that's a hard rabbit hole for me to ignore. Anybody ever got the premium report and 25 additional tests from them? Probably a waste of money as far as practical use for me, but I'd like to read more about this personality type.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Heck, send me half of what you pay them and I'll tell you what sort of personality you are. wink

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1915339 12/30/21 01:42 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
My wife already told me my personality type. She said I'm a JACKASS.

I didn't give them any money, but I did google and read a lot more about it.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/30/21 01:44 PM.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
When I take the test I am very close to INFP with INTP being the winner. I recently became certified to teach 4 Lenses and I'm a Green with Blue being second and it makes sense. I am not a big fan of Meyers Briggs as it's lengthy and people don't necessarily always fit tidy in one box. 4 Lenses makes more sense, albeit more simplistic, as you are not one color (one box) but varying degrees of all four. (4 Lenses was the original with True Colors and Real Colors being created after 4 Lenses but they are the same personality theory)

Interestingly enough, Meyers Briggs were a mother daughter team that based their assessment off of the Four Factor model and included the Introvert/Extrovert equation posited by Jung. Most psychologists then and even now disregard MBT (then, because they were women with no formal education in psychology and now, because of a variety of disagreements) but it was Jung whose validation of their work gave it the credibility they sought. Most people who take the test forget their "box" years later but when you take a Color, you will remember that you're an Orange, or a Blue.

Ballpeen #1919060 01/10/22 04:48 PM
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
YOU ARE AN ISTJ
The Inspector
ISTJs are responsible organizers, driven to create and enforce order within systems and institutions.

That’s cool. I’m always surprised by the number of people who end up being I’s that I assume are E’s given how group oriented and social they are. I have to keep reminding myself that it’s not about social ability, but about where you gravitate and get your energy from.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Exactly. We may draw our energy and drive from with-in, but if you want to advance professionally, and maybe attract a woman or two, you do need to learn how to work a room, so to speak.

When I was 15 my dad made me read 'How to Win Friends and Influence People', by Dale Carnegie. He quizzed me on it and made me practice it when his friends came over. He told me that to be successful you had to be able to "work a room" with people from all walks of life.

I still skim the chapters from time to time.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: jfanent, dawglover05
Ballpeen #1919497 01/12/22 01:12 PM
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
I’d like to take a gander at that book. My wife tells me the one thing that attracted her to me - besides my height - was that I can make friends easily with people. It’s something I genuinely enjoy and gravitate towards. I love people and hate being alone. That made the first part of COVID tough when I was working from home alone.

When he was alive, my pops used to joke and congratulate me on being an attorney, but he felt that my real calling was to be a publican in Ireland.

I know he was joking, but a bigger part of me now wonders if he was right.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I got it on CD (audio) a while back (hence the CD), and it's perfect to listen to in the car during a commute. I'm not generally someone that can absorb info via audio, but that book is really really approachable.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by dawglover05
I’d like to take a gander at that book. My wife tells me the one thing that attracted her to me - besides my height - was that I can make friends easily with people. It’s something I genuinely enjoy and gravitate towards. I love people and hate being alone. That made the first part of COVID tough when I was working from home alone.

When he was alive, my pops used to joke and congratulate me on being an attorney, but he felt that my real calling was to be a publican in Ireland.

I know he was joking, but a bigger part of me now wonders if he was right.

I would recommend it to anybody. It was 1st published sometime in the 30's, but it still works today. I am sure you can find it in most all good bookstore...what's left of bookstores. If not, I am sure Amazon ships tens of thousands a year. They also teach courses. I am sure you could find one being taught near-by.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
ISFJ Defender

Fairly spot on. Though it has me a little more conservative/linear than I actually am. It’s not surprising. Nursing forces me to run certain ‘checklists’. There’s a linear approach to most problems. There is a certain art within the structure, but it is a structure.
Being an artist let’s me step outside the box. But even there, when creating, there’s a process.

The Meyers Briggs test maybe isn’t able to capture this subtly well.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Except for the I vs E, we are the same on everything else.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I’m 69% introvert, 31% extrovert.
I make friends easily but prefer not to have to. Lol. That said the friends I do have are tight, meaningful relationships.
I’m not much for parties. I prefer small groups/gatherings of friends. I get easily fatigued by big social events where small talk and intermingling is the focus. Even if they're all friends in the crowd. First to arrive. First to leave. Most of my friends have come to accept this in me. They know it’s not personal. They invite me to their events knowing the likelihood of seeing me is low. When I do show up it’s always to big hugs and thanks. All my friends know that inviting me by when it’s not associated with an event, or stopping by my place randomly is how to spend time with me. My door is always open… except you can’t come in because of COVID… smile

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I might be even more introverted. That is why my dad made me hone social skills at a young age.

It just goes to show it takes all types to make this world work...though it is best for all to stay inside the rules and bounds to which this Inspector abides. wink

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Meyers-Briggs

Link Copied to Clipboard