Page 2 of 2 1 2
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
No damn body has knocked on my door.
The whole initiative was seemingly shrouded in mystery. I'll tell you what, I feel smarter everyday as we are surrounded by exponential growth in stupidity.

My son and I both scoured the web back when this started. We found nothing to point us in the right direction. Coalition to Regulate Marijuana like Alcohol had no website or FB page either. They probably sent maskless stoners out to knock on doors. I would have had a Cheech and Chong van with Spicoli on a loudspeaker.

With holiday shopping at it's peak I would think getting 13,000 more sig's woulda been a non-issue. Then again, where were the signatures being collected? During my 3-day holiday shopping I saw not 1 signup station. Not even a sidestreet sign up stand disguised as a coolaid stand.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
How cannabis iness even get started sensamillan signatures are required? You have to ZigZag thru the loopholes.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
How cannabis iness even get started sensamillan signatures are required? You have to ZigZag thru the loopholes.

rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: TTTDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jfanent

That or the carburetors ! you know the small holes it has to get through !

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well I hope to hell they allow OHIOANS that consume to buy guns then. Can't believe that an Ohio medical marijuana card currently keeps you from buying a gun...

What about shot guns ? man I blew smoke up their noses with shot guns !

O
Legend
Legend
O
I can do a shotgun, but can't buy one. If you have a MMC, you can't pass the bg check.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Just have your better half buy the shotgun.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
all i want to do is take bong rips by the lake. in the woods with the deer. on the roof star gazing.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by GMdawg

I can do that, but that's not the point. I lose my 2A right to own a gun over a prescription med. Don't think I've ever heard of somebody getting stoned on weed and shooting somebody, making this an unjust rule.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by Swish
all i want to do is take bong rips by the lake. in the woods with the deer. on the roof star gazing.

I think you just wrote Kid Rock’s next hit.

[Linked Image]
3 members like this: Swish, FATE, PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

Those lyrics may be a little too complex for a Kid Rock hit.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Swish
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg

I can do that, but that's not the point. I lose my 2A right to own a gun over a prescription med. Don't think I've ever heard of somebody getting stoned on weed and shooting somebody, making this an unjust rule.

I'm in the same boat bro, and I agree.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Ohio pot legalization group hopeful after sending in nearly 30k more signatures
FOX 8 NEWS
by: Jordan Unger

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 / 04:05 PM EST / Updated: Jan 13, 2022 / 04:35 PM EST

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WJW) – A group pushing to allow adults to legally use and grow marijuana plants submitted nearly 30,000 more signatures to the Ohio Secretary of State on Thursday.

The Coalition to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol initially submitted more than 200,000 signatures to Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose last month.

Documents show that 119,825 of those submitted signatures were valid. In a letter sent to the coalition on Jan. 3, LaRose said they had 10 days to get the additional 13,062 valid signatures.

“We feel confident that we will meet the signature requirements and look forward to the legislature taking up an issue that a majority of Ohioans support this year,” said spokesman Tom Haren.

If enough signatures are validated, the statute will be presented to the Ohio General Assembly. Legislators have four months to consider the proposal.

Should legislators reject the proposed measure, the group will need another 133,000 signatures to put the measure on a statewide ballot.

You can learn more about the proposed statute here.

https://fox8.com/news/ohio-pot-lega...r-sending-in-nearly-30k-more-signatures/

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Yet another area where the state of Ohio is WAY behind the times and everybody else. That and Columbus still doesn't have a rail line, lmao. Largest city in the US not to have one.

One could easily argue that alcohol is more harmful than Marijuana. NO testing for this for any job should be required. If you can do the job at a highly skilled level, show up, friendly, get it done, what's the problem people have? Its a personal knowledge of knowing your level of what you can handle and still get things done.

I don't think there should be any laws in place that look at what someone does in their spare time to determine any purchase of a firearm or having one on them unless it's a serious offense. That's a breach on constitutional rights of privacy IMO. It's dumb because you could just lie on the form and there's no way they (FBI/ATF) would know anyway unless your arrest records say it. I also disgree with the law that you're not supposed to have a firearm on you while drinking or in an establishment while drinking. In all scenarios you have to accept responsibility for your own actions. If you mess up then that's on you.

I'd be for much stiffer law penalties for serious crimes if one is discovered to be under the influence of alcohol or Marijuana. If you know you're going to be impaired don't try and be superman.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 01/14/22 01:48 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Ohio 1 step closer to legalizing recreational marijuana
by: Desirae Gostlin

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 / 10:41 PM EST

Updated: Jan 29, 2022 / 10:41 PM EST

(WKBN) — Ohio is one step closer to legalizing recreational marijuana for adults 21 and older.

The secretary of state has verified all signatures in a petition to put before lawmakers in Columbus.

Now that petition will go to the Ohio legislature where they will have four months to make a decision on it.

The spokesperson for the group advocating for legalization says if the Ohio House and Senate don’t pass their initiative then they will collect more signatures to get it on the ballot in November.

“We are expecting a vigorous debate but we expect this to pass because it is popular among Democrats, Independents and Republicans,” said Tom Haren with the Coalition to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol.

One Gallop Poll shows nearly 70 percent of Americans support legalizing recreational pot. Advocates say that if all goes smoothly, by spring of 2023 recreational marijuana could be legal in Ohio.

https://www.wkbn.com/news/local-news/ohio-1-step-closer-to-legalizing-recreational-marijuana/

1 member likes this: GMdawg
Legend
Legend
lets hope this happens because some people around here have some really need to smoke and calm down.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Recreational marijuana is coming to Ohio, the question is: How?

Link Copied to Clipboard