Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BCbrownie
Wait a minute,get better receivers?
You spent the entire summer telling us we had one of the best receiver rooms in the entire NFL.Our TEs were top flight,the o-line was great and the RB tandem was the number one.
What a difference a season can make.

Again, for those that have not paid attention: that was when OBJ was our #1 (and we all thought he was a #1) and DPJ was, at most, our #3, and we expected them to be able to play to their potential. We thought Higgins and his history would be a solid #4 and would get to see plenty of opportunities.

What we had then is NOT what we have now. Not even close.
DPJ is NOT a #1 WR, yet he is getting that role right now.
Landry, God love him, has not been his normally reliable self.
Higgins never showed up, or was never allowed to show up.
There is nobody else after that... just a bunch of JAGs.

OLine was blown apart by injuries. Wills wasn't the stud this year that he looked like he was going to develop into last year. We have basically had no Tackles all season - in case anyone missed it.

These TE's couldn't be more Hit & Miss.

Absolutely NONE of those groups lived up to what they SHOULD have been.
Collectively, at best, they are a disjointed mess.... and that has shown up on the field.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I have to agree with Hammer that you play to win the game. If you're going to sit the starters and or mail it in, you may as well just forfeit the game and admit you no longer give a damn. That's just a terrible message to send to your fan base and the actual team itself. I understand that it makes no difference as it pertains to the playoffs. I don't see how that makes any difference as it pertains to sending the message that it's okay to be a quitter. Maybe I was just raised differently. I don't know.

We will be drafting somewhere in the middle of the pack either way. It's not like we have a top 5 or ten pick. The impact on the draft will be minimal win or lose. In my world there's a difference between fighting to the bitter end and giving up.

We are playing the Steelers. This will most likely be Ben's last home game. If that doesn't make a difference to Browns fans, this season has really sucked the life out of you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
3 members like this: jfanent, Hammer, DeisleDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Win the last 2 games go 9-8 and have our first back to back winning seasons since 88-89 ... GO BROWNS!!!

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
3 members like this: FORTBROWNFAN, Steubenvillian, Dave
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted by hammer
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Time to sit starters and start evaluating next year's depth. Treat tomorrow and next week like preseason games.

This is what they should do. But they'll make some big speech about how it still matters. The players will celebrate TDs like their playoff hopes are still alive. As a fan it will make you question if these guys really give a damn or not. We don't have a single winner on this team.

What a colossal letdown/disaster.
you should go root for the raiders.
If Rishuz, wants to say the sky is green and the grass is white, then so be it. He doesn't owe you or me anything.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I couldn't give 2 sh÷==ts about The Rish and his thoughts.

Last edited by Hammer; 01/03/22 07:59 PM.
Legend
Legend
Precisely.

It started in the first game. All off season and through camp all we heard was how good Odell looked.

He wokred out with Baker. They were going to have the chemistry. Then opening day Odell says he wasn't ready??

I love what Jarvis brings. But he was hurt almost the entire year. And when he did play. He didn't have the juice has had in the past.

DPJ is not a number one. Higgins is a limited player.

It never came together. Adjust and make the moves necessary to improve.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Hammer
I couldn't give 2 sh÷==ts about The Rish and his thoughts.

Rish
Riz
The Rish ... this is definitely my favorite.

If you smell what The Rish is cooking!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What you cooking the Rish ? smile

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
How about trying, it can't hurt.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think they are, pretty close game

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Treat tomorrow and next week like preseason games.

Maybe this was actually the game plan??

It sure would explain a lot.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Steelers 26 Beating Pittsburgh

Link Copied to Clipboard