Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
No, you don't have an agenda?

A playoff thread. Not about the Browns. Not about Mayfield.

what do you post?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Since day 1? Where did you get that from? Yes, from everything I've seen he did request a trade before 2021 season began.

I thought I read that he had requested a trade after the end of each season (so at the end of his first season, which was the Freddie debacle, and then again at the end of 11-5).

Originally Posted by PitDawg
But can you please explain how him purposefully playing poorly would help his career? How that would be advantageous to him?
I'm not going to explain it because I didn't say it. All I can tell you is to go back and re-read my previous post (since you're replying to me).

Originally Posted by PitDawg
Let's be honest here. If you were second in the league with the most open WR's on passing downs and the QB consistently couldn't find you, would you want to be here? People seem to fall under some false pretense that these players shouldn't or don't put their career and family first. Well if they don't they're pretty stupid.

Again, you should re-read my post. I basically said this.

There is nothing, and I mean nothing that indicates OBJ didn't want to be here until after seeing he wasn't being used properly and he would do nothing but flounder as long as he was here. That was after the end of last season. There was nothing that indicates he wasn't a willing blocker and team player. There is nothing that indicates he wasn't anything other then a good team mate. NFL players only have so long of a career. No player wants to flounder in obscurity when they can produce much more. They certainly do not want to see their value and income potential nose dive because their QB can't identify when they are open.

So in 2020 OBJ played seven games and was injured the rest of the season. He played six games here in 2021. In those 13 games he had a total of one TD reception. Since that time he has played in 9 games with the Rams and has caught 6 td passes. Now people can carry on about how they were short passes or how the Rams pass more all they want. But are you or anyone else telling me that he doesn't have a much higher market value now than he did while he was not producing TD's here with the Browns? Or are people trying to say he suddenly learned how to get open when he went to the Rams but couldn't get open here? Or that he couldn't run the right routes when he was here but suddenly could as soon as he went to the Rams? Or after watching him with the Rams that we are "better without OBJ"?

The things that have been posted on this board to trash OBJ in order to make excuses for a QB who can't find open WR's has been some of the dumbest things I've seen posted on this board for a long time.

He played a handful of games in 2020, then got injured just before we went on our big run. He played 1 (?) game with a healthy Baker this year. We were forcing the ball to him quite a bit (Stefanski and Co. were saying they try to get him involved in the game early). Now it seems you ignored the overall point of my previous post, so I'll reiterate it. I don't blame him for wanting to leave, but he was also one that wasn't rowing in the same direction. He made his decision based on less than a season with a healthy QB, and none (?) with "Good Baker". So yes, the trashing OBJ stuff is ridiculous, but the other side's picking and choosing of stats and figures isn't much better.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by jaybird
10.5 from the over...

No bueno, Jaybird. No bueno.

SO CLOSE!!!! smile

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c - sort of.

There was a lot of reporting about OBJ wanting out of Cleveland as soon as he arrived.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2021/11/17/odell-beckham-glazer/

Glazer said on the Pat McAfee Show Wednesday that he remembers talking to OBJ right after he got traded to Cleveland. At that time, Beckham Jr told Glazer that he needed his help to get him get traded to the Rams.

Glazer said on the Pat McAfee Show that he told OBJ “it don’t work like that bro. You can’t do it like twice in four days.”

There were multiple reports about OBJ telling teams to 'come get me' in the Kitchens year - who can blame him?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...m-jr-said-come-get-me-to-steelers-player

And then it was confirmed he asked for a trade after we went to the playoffs last year and won a playoff game....

It's not accurate to say there wasn't consistent reporting that OBJ wanted out. How accurate any/all of that was? I don't know. I don't know if Glazer is reliable or a douchebag. But the stories have been there all along.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think both sides are trying to "pick and choose".

He was also here in 2019 when he was targeted mare times than in 2020 and 2021 combined. I never heard a word about him wanting out after the 2019 season. As I said, he played 7 games in 2020 and I'm pretty sure the people who surround him can do the math on how he got more targets in 2019 when he had over 1000 receiving yards than he got in the following two years combined.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think both sides are trying to "pick and choose".

He was also here in 2019 when he was targeted mare times than in 2020 and 2021 combined. I never heard a word about him wanting out after the 2019 season. As I said, he played 7 games in 2020 and I'm pretty sure the people who surround him can do the math on how he got more targets in 2019 when he had over 1000 receiving yards than he got in the following two years combined.
rofl Math?
He played 16 games in 2019
He played 13 games in 2020/2021 combined

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
And he's only started 8 games for the Rams. Starting in 7 of them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So, I guess the only remaining question is: how many butterflies will fit in a mayonnaise jar?

1 member likes this: jfanent
P
Legend
Legend
P
You seem to be the one claiming that he isn't doing better and that he wasn't getting more yards and production before the 2021 season. So you tell me. I didn't bring up butterflies or mayonnaise jars.

At least now he's reaching the same potential he had all along. Nobody in L.A. is accusing him of running the wrong routes and being spoiled. You know, making things up to point the finger at him for issues elsewhere.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Nobody is saying he doesn't have better stats in LA. What many are saying is that it's not that relevant when comparing his role there to his role here.

It's really annoying to have to repeat an argument because you intentionally misrepresent it to try to make your own argument.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again, looking at the relative stats, if you were an opposing team playing Cleveland, when looking at the stats between the two, who would you be concentrating on defending? OBJ or Landry?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I made a claim???

lmao I made no claim. Just trying to follow along, ie... how does "the math" make any sense to your argument.

1 - the math is elementary, he played more games in '19 than 20 and 21 combined.

2 - that still has nothing to do with him "wanting out" (the post you were responding to).

Legend
Legend
Once again, looking at the relative stats, if you were an opposing team playing Cleveland, when looking at the stats between the two, who would you be concentrating on defending? OBJ or Landry?
I'll respond to this as well...

I'd concentrate on defending OBJ, and so would (read: did) everyone else. Why? He's the only receiver that can take the top off in Cleveland.

In LA they have the best receiver in the league, a WR putting up otherworldly numbers, a WR that seems un-coverable.

Do you see the difference in possible success rate?

O
Legend
Legend
O
There have been many many articles written during OBJ's time here stating he was drawing coverage away from other receivers... up to and including stating we were using him as a decoy. I'm not going to go back and dig all those up just because you're trying to rewrite reality to defend your losing argument.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Did people forget that both OBJ and Landry put up 1k seasons together in the same season?

Y’all talking about kupp as if Landry wasn’t pulling targets off of OBJ and visa versa.

Y’all talking as if OBJs presence hasn’t pulled off coverage from Kupp, and visa versa.

Doing anything to slam one of the most talented WR we ever here. Bet joe burrow or Big Ben wouldn’t have a problem getting OBJ the ball. But somehow, there’s always an excuse here in cleveland.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
6td's in eight games is not rewriting history.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Swish
Did people forget that both OBJ and Landry put up 1k seasons together in the same season?

Y’all talking about kupp as if Landry wasn’t pulling targets off of OBJ and visa versa.

Y’all talking as if OBJs presence hasn’t pulled off coverage from Kupp, and visa versa.

Doing anything to slam one of the most talented WR we ever here. Bet joe burrow or Big Ben wouldn’t have a problem getting OBJ the ball. But somehow, there’s always an excuse here in cleveland.

And they'll never stop. OBJ is scoring TD'a at a remarkable rate and all you hear is what a bum he is. What's so funny is they won't even admit that the Cards were playing zone coverage for most of that game.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
LOL - OBJ pulling coverage off Kupp. Sure.

O
Legend
Legend
O
OBJ is not a bum, he's a punk. Bum would infer no talent, he has talent. But having your daddy do what his daddy did to get him out? Straight Punk move.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish

And they'll never stop. OBJ is scoring TD'a at a remarkable rate and all you hear is what a bum he is. What's so funny is they won't even admit that the Cards were playing zone coverage for most of that game.
I have NO idea what that Cards game has to do with anything or who "won't even admit that the Cards were playing zone"... I'll admit it, if it makes you feel better, but it has nothing to do with your scoring TDs statement. He scored on a 2 yard TD in man coverage.

He could have done the same in his last two games with Baker here (I don't count the Pitt game, he already quit, I watched it live). Instead he dropped the ball inside the 15, and dropped the ball inside the 5... back to back games... both critical 4th downs... two balls that both you and I would have caught. I guess sometimes you have to make the most of your opportunities.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well hey, we're better without him, right?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well yeah, and that's obviously what led to his temper tantrum.

He was two games removed from one of his best games as a pro (Dallas) when he got injured in 2020. He was running the ball, passing the ball, catching TDs.

Rehabbed while he watched the team excel without him.

Decided he didn't want to be here as the narrative continued to build that Baker was better with him on the sidelines.

Made a video of himself looking superhuman running up a treadmill, all the media gushed.

Video was his audition tape as he again demanded a way out.

Delayed his return to the field when he didn't get his way.

Played half@ssed when he did. Dropped balls in critical situations, looked like he would rather be dishing up ice cream at Dairy Queen half the time.

Yep, pretty easy, we're definitely better without him.

1 member likes this: Hammer
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
Decided he didn't want to be here as the narrative continued to build that Baker was better with him on the sidelines.

Opinion based with no facts, again.

Made a video of himself looking superhuman running up a treadmill, all the media gushed.

Video was his audition tape as he again demanded a way out.

Opinion with no facts, again.

Delayed his return to the field when he didn't get his way.

More biased opinion with no facts, again.

Played half@ssed when he did. Dropped balls in critical situations, looked like he would rather be dishing up ice cream at Dairy Queen half the time.

All WR's have drops. The rest are just more of your biased opinions based in zero facts. Again.

Yep, pretty easy, we're definitely better without him.

rofl

L.A. is glad you feel that way and once again, no facts back you up. Now you're just making up BS.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well, not all, but yes -- mostly opinion.

The timeline makes perfect sense to anybody with a shred of common sense.

Here's a fact you can't dispute -- DUDE DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE.

P
Legend
Legend
P
By the time 2021 came around, no he didn't. But one thing anyone with an ounce of common sense also can't say, undermining his own career and value on the open market makes no sense for OBJ to have done.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Okay, why did he not want to be here? He was doing well in 2020 before his injury? Any guesses?

Second, I have no idea what you mean by "undermining his own career and value on the open market", did I say something that makes that true? Please explain...

O
Legend
Legend
O
One thing I can say is that there are reports he wanted out much earlier than that. I believe it was Glazer that said he wanted out as soon as he got here (I'm not 100% sure about that, but there are other articles stating he requested a trade at the end of each season he was here).

Also, for a receiver of his caliber the drops got pretty egregious towards the end.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by oobernoober
One thing I can say is that there are reports he wanted out much earlier than that. I believe it was Glazer that said he wanted out as soon as he got here (I'm not 100% sure about that, but there are other articles stating he requested a trade at the end of each season he was here).

Also, for a receiver of his caliber the drops got pretty egregious towards the end.

It was Glazer. He said OBJ asked him to get him out of Cleveland as soon as the trade was announced or completed ... I don't know how credible Glazer is. I believe it was Glazer and others that reported on OBJ telling teams to come get him during the Freddie year. And something not mentioned in all of this - how often did Baker have to realign OBJ that year? every other play? Every third play? That gets forgotten but to some it may scream that OBJ half assed it here and didn't know the play book.

He's gone. His stats (targets, yards per game, catches etc) in LA are essentially the same there as here with the exception of the TD's. TD's are important so I can see why that would garner some attention . . . . some think having one of the best WR in the NFL opposite OBJ is helping with the TD's others think that OBJ is opening things up for the other WR.... even though someone pointed out LA's passing stats have declined since his arrival. There's lots of viewpoints. None of it really impacts the Browns anymore.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I've seen one second hand report from Glazer. Nothing else. Isn't it amazing how he can suddenly catch the ball? And I have no idea how Stafford can find him since he runs the wrong routes all the time.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober

His initial comments said as much. The first cringe-worthy comments came hours after the trade...

Superstar wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. believes the New York Giants traded him to the Cleveland Browns this season in an effort to hurt his career.

"This wasn't no business move," Beckham told Ben Baskin of Sports Illustrated. "This was personal. They thought they'd send me here to die."

Baskin wrote that Beckham "claims to know that the Giants received better offers and still chose to send him to Cleveland, out of spite, hoping to stain his career with the enduring stigma that comes with playing for the Browns."

And of course, he then bashed the Giants, who put up with his antics for years, on the way out...

"He laments, however, that coaches tended to feature him only on third downs, that the offense never schemed for his abilities, that he ran slants so frequently that defenders would call out his routes presnap. The Giants are 'stuck in an older mindset,' Beckham says. Then he clarifies: He's not trying to take 'shots—just speaking facts.'"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...yd-send-me-here-to-die-with-browns-trade

P
Legend
Legend
P
Here is what you said....

Undermining his own career by playing "half@ssed" would only harm his value.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
And I have no idea how Stafford can find him since he runs the wrong routes all the time.

Stafford finds him right around the same amount as Baker did. Don't you actually pay attention to information posted? The TD's are impressive (for any receiver) but let's not insinuate Stafford is suddenly finding him more often than Baker. Less than 1 target per game difference. Less than 1 reception per game difference. Less than 2 yards receiving per game difference.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So what does that have to do with him not trying to do his best while he was here? If you look at the Browns during that time frame, what would you think the giants were trying to do to you? He did not say he didn't want to be here. He didn't say he wouldn't succeed here. He simply stated he knew the motivation behind the giants sending him here. And if I were him I may have felt the same way. You're trying to make an argument that doesn't exist.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
So his scoring production is impressive but it doesn't mean anything. Got it.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
So his scoring production is impressive but it doesn't mean anything. Got it.

Yes that's exactly what I said and why I made my post. I didn't comment that other than the TD's - OBJ is found by Stafford just right about the same as Baker. I wasn't responding to an insinuation that somehow Stafford is suddenly able to find OBJ when Baker couldn't. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
So what does that have to do with him not trying to do his best while he was here? If you look at the Browns during that time frame, what would you think the giants were trying to do to you? He did not say he didn't want to be here. He didn't say he wouldn't succeed here. He simply stated he knew the motivation behind the giants sending him here. And if I were him I may have felt the same way. You're trying to make an argument that doesn't exist.
Oh boy... I quote OBJs own words and I'm making an argument that doesn't exist.

I'll spell it out for you with some more facts. The Giants sucked, they were a perennial 5-11 team. The Browns were cashing in draft picks, had a rookie QB smashing records and still had more cap space then anyone in the league. Most players would look at that as a great situation, OBJ said it was his former team trying to tarnish his career.

If you dare to read between the lines a bit here's what someone with common sense would surmise... OBJ didn't want to be in NY but also thought he should be able to pick his next team, he was mad that it didn't work out that way and took a stab at the Giants and Cleveland's reputation in his first remarks on the situation.

Sounds more like a petulant child that a HOF receiver. I guess we got what we deserved.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Are you suggesting that when a player says he has been tarnished by a move to a specific team - that somehow that's a knock on the team he is moving to?

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
Are you suggesting that when a player says he has been tarnished by a move to a specific team - that somehow that's a knock on the team he is moving to?
Uhhh? Rhetorical question?

"claims to know that the Giants received better offers and still chose to send him to Cleveland, out of spite, hoping to stain his career with the enduring stigma that comes with playing for the Browns."

What's your analysis?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yours seems to be that he purposefully played like crap because of it.

rofl

#gmstrong
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season NFL 2021 Post Season Playoff Games thread

Link Copied to Clipboard