Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
What's your analysis?

I think - after looking at his time in CLE and everything before, during and after...

- that he never wanted to be here (yes that was a rhetorical question)
- that he has actively tried to get a move out of CLE
- that at times he played poorly through injury
- that at times he played poorly through a lack of effort (both knowing the playbook and a worrying number of dropped balls).
- that he freelances to get open - and either Baker isn't good enough to use that talent/ability ... or KS didn't use it/scheme for it ... or a bit of both.
- that at the end, he acted like an absolute punk

Last edited by mgh888; 01/21/22 04:33 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
On topic: I think Cincinnati could go all the way this year.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
What's your analysis?

I think - after looking at his time in CLE and everything before, during and after...

- that he never wanted to be here (yes that was a rhetorical question)
- that he has actively tried to get a move out of CLE
- that at times he played poorly through injury
- that at times he played poorly through a lack of effort (both knowing the playbook and a worrying number of dropped balls).
- that he freelances to get open - and either Baker isn't good enough to use that talent/ability ... or KS didn't use it/scheme for it ... or a bit of both.
- that at the end, he acted like an absolute punk

This 100.

Yet with all these things being glaringly obvious, people think it all goes out with the bathwater because he caught a few TDs in LA... And even worse, if you mention any of it, you're just automatically ignoring the shortcomings of Baker and Stefanski.

Bottom line with why it didn't work out:

- OBJ is not a capable #1 WR.

- He requires waaay to many targets to get the job done.

- He has always had one of the worst catch per target percentages in the league. You can make excuses for that to an extent, but at the end of the day, a lot of that has to fall on the WR when the sample size is an entire career.

- That was never going to work in an offense predicated on running and spreading the ball around. Square peg, round hole.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

We have "topics" here? lol

Sorry for my part, we should really consider dredging up an old OBJ thread.

D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
This is hearsay, so take it for what it's worth, but local sports talker, Ken Carman does regular work for the Browns in-house broadcast productions, and he said he knows for a fact that Beckham's attempts to be traded in 2019 were "definitely a thing that happened", according to his source. He was referring specifically to the lovefest with Tom Brady both before and after a Browns game vs the Patriots at Foxboro in October 2019. That was the game when Odell gifted Brady with a pair of gold goat-hair cleats after the Browns got thumped.

[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ir-cleats-baker-mayfield-can-only-watch/

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Isn't it amazing how he can suddenly catch the ball?

It is (sarcasm). Don't tell you've already forgotten all the times Baker drilled him in the numbers before the ball hit the grass.

I think the OBJ problem boils down to us relying on him (because he was far and away our most talented WR) when he didn't want to be here. He was overall good in the LR and a good teammate, but he wasn't rowing in the same direction, and didn't buy in completely (hence the drops and business decisions on some of the tougher catches). I think his leaving made it tougher on our other WRs, but moving on from him will turn out to be the right decision. I think the Rams are a perfect team for him in that the offense was already chugging along without him, and he plays opposite another superstar WR.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Game time temps for Green Bay tomorrow night are forecast to be 5 degrees, wind chill -10 degrees.

Who's the genius who thought this should be the late game?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...lls-for-49ers-packers-on-saturday-night/

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet with all these things being glaringly obvious

rofl

He was here for two off seasons and one and a half seasons under Stefanski. He knew the playbook well. He played with the same QB the entire time. He goes to a team where he's never taken a snap with the QB and has never seen the playbook and is doing better. Only a little better but he never saw the playbook until over half way through this season. And some of you are still too blind to figure out he was not the problem. You all claimed we are better without him. We aren't. Yet you still have learned nothing. You still try to use him as a scapegoat for what the real problem was and still is.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Then Myles must be trying to get traded too. I mean he seems to have a love fest with many opposing players. Now people twist good sportsmanship into something nefarious. A reach of epic proportions.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Only if you ignore Myles never asking to be traded and signing a long term contract here.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm glad that's "what you think". You don't find it odd that after two off seasons and a season and a half with Baker as his QB, he goes to LA where he's never taken a snap with the QB or seen the play book he's suddenly a bigger contributor there right out of the gate than he was here?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yet with all these things being glaringly obvious

rofl

He was here for two off seasons and one and a half seasons under Stefanski. He knew the playbook well. He played with the same QB the entire time. He goes to a team where he's never taken a snap with the QB and has never seen the playbook and is doing better. Only a little better but he never saw the playbook until over half way through this season. And some of you are still too blind to figure out he was not the problem. You all claimed we are better without him. We aren't. Yet you still have learned nothing. You still try to use him as a scapegoat for what the real problem was and still is.
Nope. That's just you doing the "PitDAWG Shuffle".

No one is saying he's the only problem.

No one is using him as a scapegoat.

Those are just the voices in your head again...

We're just saying he's a bum... or a punk... take your pick.

I'm also saying he is anything but a #1 WR, and most of our fault was trying to make him one.

Try harder.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Only if you ignore Myles never asking to be traded and signing a long term contract here.

Myles doesn't have someone that he has to depend on feeding him the ball holding him back.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
He's not the only punk around here. That's what you call someone who calls people names behind their backs.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I tried to tell him to his face, he was busy humping the kicker's net.

O
Legend
Legend
O
But he has watched us struggle to put someone on the opposite side from him until this season. It's an easier comparison than you're trying to portray. Not to mention him arriving in the middle of 1-31 and having a front row seat to the Hue/Haley/Freddie dumpster fire.

No, I don't find it odd at all. Baker has his issues (especially this year), and Stafford is an established fQB in a pass-happy O. He's also not the focal point in LA like he was here.

So why doesn't everyone temper tantrum their way out of town? Is that what your point is? I'm not even sure what we're arguing about anymore.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P

The kicker must have placed it in the back of the end zone and OBJ found it after scoring another TD.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

The kicker must have placed it in the back of the end zone and OBJ found it after scoring another TD.
No, silly, this was in Cleveland. The kicker threw it behind the end zone, frustrated after another miss... OBJ met up with it after one of his famous 4th down drops near the end zone.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Can you actually point to one "temper tantrum" OBJ had? I mean something you can really point to? Are you suggesting that wanting to be traded to a team where your skill set can be better used is throwing a tantrum? Are you suggesting that wanting to increase your value as a player to increase your future income is a tantrum? If you see you aren't being used to your potential do you think it's throwing a tantrum wanting to be traded to where your talent can be used?

The only thing I've seen anyone point to is the video his dad posted. The claim is OBJ put him up to it. There's no evidence of that at all. It's just a concocted theory. Once again people claim it's obvious, but it's not. His dad didn't take the video showing Baker missing wide open WR's. He just posted them. If I were OBJ and my QB kept missing me when I was wide open, I would want to e traded too. That's not a tantrum unless someone changed the definition of the word.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

#gmstrong
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Then Myles must be trying to get traded too. I mean he seems to have a love fest with many opposing players. Now people twist good sportsmanship into something nefarious. A reach of epic proportions.

It is a sad commentary on society today. Sportsmanship is out the door, while trash talking and wanting to be the center of attraction is the norm. Used to be you never bad mouthed another player, or you were looked at as a dick. Now the sports talk shows have Ex players, routinely bad mouthing player while "analyzing" the game. You have high school kids making a TD and pointing to the name on their jersey. You have kids in peewee football dancing in endzones and trash talking on the field. It has become a league with a majority of players with a "me" attitude instead of a team attitude.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
M
Legend
Legend
M
No one is saying he's the only problem.

No one is using him as a scapegoat.

Those are just the voices in your head again...

We're just saying he's a bum... or a punk... take your pick.

I'm also saying he is anything but a #1 WR, and most of our fault was trying to make him one.

This. 100%.

And add to the mix the many reports that he never wanted to be here in the first place. In the middle place. And then engineered his way out of town to validate (to anyone who wants to pay attention) the reports he never wanted to be here.

Question - If OBJ is being targeted the same, has the same number of receptions per game and the same net yards per game (2 yards difference if we want to be technically correct - lord knows someone might get tetchy otherwise) .... and the only real difference in LA is the TDs .... is that a QB issue? Or is that a offensive scheme issue or is it a coaching/play calling issue? Or an OBJ isn't the #1 in LA thing? Or a bit of all 4?

P
Legend
Legend
P
You forgot that he never took a snap from Stafford or saw their playbook until nine weeks ago and is still doing marginally better there than he did here after two off seasons in Stefanski's scheme with Baker as his QB.

But yeah, keep pretending it's the same thing. You need to change the word "reports" for "rumors". You know, what you call them when they do it to a player you like.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
You forgot that he never took a snap from Stafford or saw their playbook until nine weeks ago and is still doing marginally better there than he did here after two off seasons in Stefanski's scheme with Baker as his QB.

But yeah, keep pretending it's the same thing. You need to change the word "reports" for "rumors". You know, what you call them when they do it to a player you like.

They are reports. Unlike a single MKC hatchet job. I am assuming that's the "reporting" you are referring to because I haven't commented on any other media stories about players. And while i have repeatedly said I don't know how credible Glazer is - I do know factually he has more credibility than MKC. And in his report - he didn't allude to some unnamed 3rd part or "a players camp" - he reported that OBJ said directly to him. There is a entire galaxy of difference.

As to your point above regards OBJ and his time with LA and Stafford - All the points Fate made and the statistical comparison is still valid. Your comments are valid, he's done it in short order and limited exposure to the playbook. The question remains. What is the reason: QB? Coach? Play book? Coper Kupp? - What is the single biggest difference in him scoring TD's for LA and not for the Browns?

Final comment about the playbook, and how hard OBJ was trying here in Cleveland. OBJ had an entire offseason plus the time during the season - and still constantly lined up in the wrong place, game after game, ALL season. How long does it take a WR to learn a playbook if they are committed? Your comment about his limited time in LA and being successful cuts both ways and once again raises the question WTF was he doing here to not know where he needed to be as the #1 WR in our offense?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm pretty sure having a QB who can find open WR's has something to do with it also. A factual statiistic you wish to dispute.

And you may wish to recheck. Glazer said that's what someone had told him. Not that OBJ told him.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm pretty sure having a QB who can find open WR's has something to do with it also. A factual statiistic you wish to dispute.

And you may wish to recheck. Glazer said that's what someone had told him. Not that OBJ told him.

Pit - you are becoming hard to have a conversation with.

The very first item I questioned regards to why the TD's in LA and not CLE - go check what I wrote - TWICE. I ASKED IF IT WAS THE FREAKING QB.

It's getting to the point I won't ever have another conversation with you. You invent things I never said in order to argue with me. When you agree with me you still try and argue with me like his first two games of this year being 'Good Baker'.

ME: What's the difference in LA? Is it the QB. Is it another factor? Is it a combination?
YOU: BUT YOU WONT TALK ABOUT THE QB.

AS for Glazer ... you are (shocker) flat-dead to rights wrong. And I have already posted this.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2021/11/17/odell-beckham-glazer/

Glazer said on the Pat McAfee Show Wednesday that he remembers talking to OBJ right after he got traded to Cleveland. At that time, Beckham Jr told Glazer that he needed his help to get him get traded to the Rams.

Glazer said on the Pat McAfee Show that he told OBJ “it don’t work like that bro. You can’t do it like twice in four days.”

1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
Doesn't sound like a second hand story to me.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Dear Lord man. Can you explain any possible way that Jay Glazer could help get OBJ traded? That makes zero sense.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
rofl

So you didn't mean what you wrote... You meant to call Glazer a liar.

M
Legend
Legend
M
While ignoring the discussion on whether the QB was part of the convo

P
Legend
Legend
P
This is your method of avoiding something you have no answer for. So let's try it again.....

How can some talking head help get OBJ traded and how does that make any sense?

The QB is certainly part of the convo. Stafford can find open WR's and Baker can't.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
This is your method of avoiding something you have no answer for. So let's try it again.....

How can some talking head help get OBJ traded and how does that make any sense?

The QB is certainly part of the convo. Stafford can find open WR's and Baker can't.

Pit.

1. You claimed there was no media stories about OBJ wanting to leave as soon as he arrived. Wrong.
2. Claimed he didn't dis Cleveland. Wrong.
3. Claimed Glazer's story about OBJ getting him out was based on rumor not what was said directly to him. Wrong.
4. Claimed I didn't want to talk about the QB being the difference between LA and CLE. Wrong.

And you have the audacity to NOW try to switch the conversation to whether or not Glazer can help him find a new team? And you claim it's MY method for not talking about something. GTFOOH.

Like I said - harder and harder to have a conversation with you.

And to give you the curtsey that you don't extend me - and talk about your comment ... I don't know how a talking head can help get him out of CLE. I didn't say it made sense. I even said I didn't know how credible it was .... what I did say is that the report/claim was made. It was made by Glazer who was reporting on something he said actually happened. Whether or not it makes sense was never part of the discussion until it was proven to you that the reports were made, that the conversation was right after he was traded to the Browns and that it wasn't a 3rd hand story.

A
Legend
Legend
A
You are correct. Period.

Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from images.squarespace-cdn.com]

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: THROW LONG, archbolddawg
T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't know what that is for but that flopping goal post is funny, that made me laugh.
Now.

If the subject is, "point to one time where OBJ had a tantrum in Cleveland" then I can remember one thing.

There was the game where OBJ stood on the sidelines during the game but wouldn't put his shoes on, it was like he was too "done with" the team to put the full uniform on, and I considered that a tantrum along the lines of what eventually would happen when Antonio Brown, (also a guy with a head hurt past) would leave the field throwing his jersey into the stands a few weeks ago, or some similar stuff.
So...
I think, that comment Pit made about the FG kickers net being in the end zone, was clever, (is he going to be here all week)
Because the Browns? They didn't get the ball to OJ.
But the Rams? They play in Los Angelas, it's like snoop dog and johnny carson, .. the NFL is NOT a righteous undertaking.

HUH ??

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
All the way to the TOILET where they will dysentery at the thought of their matchup against Cleveland next year.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
O
Legend
Legend
O
You realize they won and are playing for the AFC Championship next weekend, right? One of us looks like they know what they were talking about. One of us doesn't. You figure out which is which.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
That Josh Allen guy is pretty good. Too bad we didn't we didn't have the opportunity to draft.....oh wait. catfight

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Mayfield couldnt tie Allens shoelaces

1 member likes this: DaveyD
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by DaveyD
That Josh Allen guy is pretty good. Too bad we didn't we didn't have the opportunity to draft.....oh wait. catfight

Yea, he's good

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season NFL 2021 Post Season Playoff Games thread

Link Copied to Clipboard