Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/22/22 04:35 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
It’s not just Tucker Carlson. The right’s soft spot for Putin is also well documented.

The Fox News host is using his show to spread pro-Russia talking points. It’s worth remembering why so many American conservatives back the Kremlin.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson caused quite a stir online this week when he used his show to spread pro-Russia talking points. But his actions shouldn't really come as a surprise.

On Tuesday, Carlson railed against what he claimed were U.S. efforts to help Ukraine join NATO. Though President Joe Biden has said he's unwilling to close the door on a potential NATO membership for Ukraine, as Russian President Vladimir Putin has demanded, Biden said Wednesday that it's "unlikely" Ukraine will join the alliance anytime soon. The issue has been a sticking point during ongoing negotiations between the U.S. and Russia.

In one of the show's most bizarre moments, Carlson dubiously compared Ukraine joining NATO to a hypothetical scenario in which China gained control over Mexico.

Carlson continued his pro-Russian attacks on NATO just days later.

It's understandable why this might not seem newsworthy. “Fox host backs authoritarian regime” isn't a headline that captivates like it once could. But to the extent it’s worth mentioning at all, it’s because Carlson’s Russia-friendly stance is emblematic of a trend among America’s white nationalists, their sympathizers and even the conservative movement broadly.

National security experts have warned about those dangerous connections for years now. In essence, many white nationalists and American conservatives feel a kinship with Russia that largely stems from a shared opposition to multiracial democracy. We can take their words and actions as proof.

Former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke once called Russia, a majority white, Slavic country that frequently opposes the increasingly diverse European Union, the “key to white survival.” White supremacist leader Richard Spencer hailed Russia as the “sole white power in the world” in 2016. Republican approval of Putin grew stronger after Russia was seen by many as having helped Donald Trump win the 2020 presidential election (in part by targeting Black voters with propaganda, I should add). And several American white nationalists have reportedly attended multiple events sanctioned by Russian extremist groups.

For example, in 2015, prominent white nationalist Jared Taylor and KKK lawyer Sam Dickson attended an event organized by far-right Russian extremists. The event was also attended by the Russian Imperial Movement, a white supremacist group focused on building a global network of like-minded groups.

All of these instances show that where white nationalist and American conservative support for the Kremlin exists, it isn’t just born out of political convenience. It exists because these entities have similar beliefs about what kinds of people should be able to wield power.

And all of this, of course, is important background information for you to determine whether a Fox News host’s pro-Russia pandering is a sincere policy disagreement with the U.S. government or something far more sinister.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/reidout-blog/tucker-carlson-russia-far-right-rcna12932

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1484723825606479872?s=20

https://twitter.com/SpiroAgnewGhost/status/1484704907001098243?s=20

https://twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/status/1484636822563139584?s=20

Somebody can tell Throw, who can't see twitter posts, about Tucker and Putin being pals. Just like Donnie and Putin were pals.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Dude is a tool.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
This is rough. To all people who support the Trumpian wing of politics, this is the kind of stuff that you are giving way to on the extreme right. Stuff like this doesn’t happen, if you get called out by your own. Instead, they are emboldened. We’ve shown that it’s okay to be more and more childish, pedantic, immature, and quite frankly unfit to hold office and conduct oneself in a professional manner.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-madison-cawthorn-polished-gun-111027200.html

Rep. Madison Cawthorn polished his gun during a Veterans' Affairs hearing, and attendees were reportedly furious

Madison Cawthorn polished a gun during a House Veterans' Affairs Committee hearing, per the Daily Beast.

The hearing, which took place on Zoom, was attended by lawmakers and veterans.

Several attendees were infuriated by Cawthorn's gun-cleaning, the Daily Beast reports.

Rep. Madison Cawthorn polished his pistol for several minutes during a House Veterans' Affairs Committee virtual hearing on Wednesday, according to the Daily Beast.

While veterans and lawmakers discussed how toxic chemicals are killing US soldiers, the Daily Beast reported that the 26-year-old Republican was busy cleaning his gun on the Zoom call.

His polishing became visible to attendees during the testimony of an Afghanistan veteran, two people familiar with the hearing told the Daily Beast.

According to former 9/11 first responder John Feal, several attendees were furious with Cawthorn.

"It was immature. He's a child. He lacks common sense," said Feal, who was on the Zoom, per the Daily Beast. "I think the congressman was overcompensating for something that he lacks and feeling inadequate among the heroes on that call."

Another attendee, cofounder of Burn Pits 360 Rosie Lopez Torres, told the Daily Beast that while she did not notice that Cawthorn was cleaning his gun, it was evident that he seemed distracted.

When Lopez Torres saw a photo of what he had been doing, she told the media outlet that it showed a "total disregard and disrespect" to America's veterans.

Cawthorn appeared to be in his congressional office during the hearing, but his location was not confirmed.

Firearm possession is generally illegal in the District of Columbia, the Daily Beast said, but members of Congress are allowed to keep firearms in their offices.

Insider contacted Cawthorn's communications director Luke Ball for comment and to confirm where Cawthorn was during the hearing but did not immediately receive a response.

In a statement to the Daily Beast, Ball said: "What could possibly be more patriotic than guns and veterans?"

It isn't the first time Cawthorn and one of his guns have made the news.

Insider's Alia Shoaib reported that Cawthorn tried to board a plane while carrying an unloaded Glock 9mm handgun and a loaded magazine in his carry-on in February 2021. Cawthorn was not charged with a crime or fined.

Read the original article on Business Insider

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
you know whats crazy?

there's not many gun nuts in the military. the vast majority of people obsessed with guns seem to be civilians.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: dawglover05
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't think that's crazy at all. My best friend is a Marine (grunt) and hearing him talk about the range and stuff it sounds like guns are pretty much no fun (more of a chore).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish
you know whats crazy?

there's not many gun nuts in the military. the vast majority of people obsessed with guns seem to be civilians.

I know a couple of vets that are gun nuts. But most vets won't be arguing for the right to tote an assault weapon to the grocery store because they understand that we are all American and the danger guns bring to any situation. Nobody wants to be a victim, but every idiot in the country toting a gun to the grocery store will not make you safer. Most vets get that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Gretchen Carlson says Fox News has devolved into 'non-fact-based conspiracy theories'

Former Fox News anchor Gretchen Carlson appeared Thursday on CNN’s Democracy in Peril, where she spoke about the current condition of her former network. Carlson first spoke about the power FNC opinion host Tucker Carlson seems to have over Republicans in Congress, some of whom have followed his lead and sided with authoritarian Russia in the growing conflict with Ukraine.

“This is the result of fake news,” Carlson said. “You know, we're seeing not only the fallout from fake news during the Trump era, but what happened with the insurrection on Jan. 6. Now it's moving into other areas. Not just news, now it’s hitting science with vaccines, and now it’s into Cold War politics.”

Carlson also addressed the fact that her former colleagues Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham sent texts to the White House during the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol pleading for former President Trump to stop the violence, but went on air and spun a different narrative about the events of that day.

“I think the bigger story coming out of that is how disingenuous it was to be sending those texts of warning while then going on the air to the American people and doing a complete injustice and disservice by saying something completely opposite,” Carlson said, “and ginning up this whole reaction that it was just fine and patriotic for people to be there on Jan. 6.”

Carlson went on to lament the current state of her former network.

“Slowly but surely, this has morphed into eradicating any other point of view since the Trump era that is not just opinion,” Carlson said. “It's gone from an opinion, which was fine, to completely devolving into non-fact-based conspiracy theories and outright dangerous rhetoric, in my mind, and I think it’s a complete disservice to our country.”

Being sure to state her belief that this happens on both sides, as she had done a few times throughout the interview, Carlson spoke about the dangers of only watching one news source. In this context, Carlson was speaking about how she wishes more Republicans in power would speak out against some of the narratives pushed by Fox News rather than submit to them.

“For the safety of the Republican Party and for our democracy, I wish more would, because this is not going to end well, in my mind,” Carlson said. “It's really hard to change people's opinions because they're only watching what they want to hear, you know? And that's the other problem that we have in society with the media right now, is that we're so siloed into only watching what we agree with. And so every day that thought process just gets reinforced time after time.”

Carlson also said that conservative news is not what she once believed it to be.

“Conservative television news is certainly not the conservative news that was out there even just five years ago,” Carlson said, later adding, “There’s a big difference between having a conservative opinion and having one that supports conspiracy theories.”

https://www.yahoo.com/now/gretchen-...based-conspiracy-theories-081406027.html

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
FFHINO

Former Fox Host in Name Only.

Fox is as sacred as the Bible to the Trump faithful.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
I saw a clip of the recent trump rally.

Effing unreal it is like Jan. 5th all over again. "We have to take back the country."

"We need to have the largest protest in Washington this country has ever see."

He is drumming up the crowd. When the prosecutors come after him. He wants it to be another witch hunt political thing.

He makes me puke. What a bag of pus he is.

2 members like this: PortlandDawg, OldColdDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Trump Calls On Massive Protests If Prosecutors Go After Him And Offers Pardons To Jan. 6ers

Former President Donald Trump Saturday night called on his followers to stage massive protests in multiple cities should prosecutors act against him. He also said he would offer pardons to those charged in the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the Capitol that he incited in a last-gasp attempt to remain in power.

“If these radical, vicious, racist prosecutors do anything wrong or illegal, I hope we are going to have in this country the biggest protests we have ever had in Washington, D.C., in New York, in Atlanta and elsewhere, because our country and our elections are corrupt,” he said to a rally audience in Conroe, Texas, reading from teleprompters set up on either side of his lectern.

A few minutes later, he claimed his followers who stormed the Capitol building, assaulting police as they entered, were not being treated “fairly” and that should he run for the White House again and win: “If it requires pardons, we will give them pardons.”

The 80-minute performance, while riddled with Trump’s familiar lies about having had his re-election “stolen” from in November 2020, was notable for the numerous references to the various investigations into him.

“They’re trying to put me in jail,” he said. “These prosecutors are vicious, horrible people. They’re racists and they’re very sick. They’re mentally sick. They’re going after me without any protection of my rights by the Supreme Court or most other courts.”

New York State Attorney General Letitia James has been conducting a civil probe of his family business, while the district attorney in Manhattan has been running a criminal investigation.

Meanwhile, the district attorney in Fulton County, Georgia, has impaneled a special grand jury just to focus on Trump’s attempt to coerce state officials to “find” enough votes to overturn his loss of that state to Democrat Joe Biden in 2020.

And the House January 6 select committee has been subpoenaing more and more former and current Trump aides to determine his precise role in that day’s events, while the Department of Justice this past week confirmed that it is investigating at least one element of Trump’s scheme to remain in power: the submission of fake Trump “electors” in states that Biden won.

Trump White House and campaign advisers at the time openly pushed for the fraudulent slates so as to give Vice President Mike Pence the ability to cite the competing slates as reason to declare Trump the winner and award him a second term.

Pence, though, refused to go along with the plan, and instead actively sabotaged the false elector scheme by crafting new language to make sure the fake slates were excluded.

A year ago, Trump became the first U.S. president to refuse to turn over power peacefully to his successor. He spent weeks attacking the legitimacy of the November 2020 contest that he lost. Hours after polls closed and it appeared that Biden would be the winner, Trump stated that he had really won in a “landslide” and that his victory was being “stolen” from him. Those falsehoods continued with a string of failed lawsuits challenging the results in a handful of states.

After the Electoral College voted on Dec. 14, making Biden’s win official, Trump instead turned to a last-ditch scheme to pressure his own vice president into handing Trump the election during the pro forma congressional certification of the election results on Jan. 6.

Trump asked his followers to come to Washington that day and told the thousands who showed up that they should march to the Capitol to intimidate Pence into doing what Trump wanted. “When you catch somebody in a fraud, you’re allowed to go by very different rules,” Trump said.

The mob of supporters stormed the building and chanted “Hang Mike Pence” when the vice president did not do Trump’s bidding. The riot left five people dead, including a Capitol Police officer, and four other officers took their own lives in the following weeks and months.

Though the House impeached Trump for inciting the attack, all but seven Senate Republicans, led by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, chose not to convict him ― thereby letting Trump continue his political career even as he is the subject of several investigations.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-calls-massive-protests-prosecutors-041157597.html

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I hope the prosecutors pin his orange ass to the wall.

I would pay to see him in a hearing in Georgia. Where he is on tape asking for them to find the votes to win the State.

It makes me sick that people actually support this traitor.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Fox News Lies Debunked: Viewers Know Less Than If They Watched No News At All

Hope these liars get themselves some nice orange jumpsuits with the rest of the insurrectionist for playing their part in putting out the big lie.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/31/22 12:17 AM.

Legend
Legend
rofl

You know what's funnier than a news channel saying the competitor makes their viewers dumber?

Some dolt believing it lmao.

Besides, he spends half his time blubbering and the other half blaming Biden, Obama and Bill Maher for giving Fox legitimacy by not crying and screaming... like the army of Karens employed by MSNBC.

That was hilarious, post more!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Oh, I will. And I hope you watch them for the laughs. Maybe a fact will seep into that brain of yours.

But I get your point and I don't care for it either. The reason I posted it was the several studies that concur and it just being blatantly 100% true and observable. Now, how Ari Melber delivered it, well that's him and his style. I don't think he likes doing these pieces, but somebody has to point out the idiocy of Fox and put it on the public/journalistic record for the future. But did you see what I wanted you to see? You'll never see it at Fox. They were called facts. They can be funny too, we laugh at FACTS about the right all the time. Watch every MSNBC video I post, and perhaps one day you'll be able to point facts out to other posters too. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
"Facts"

"Several studies"

rofl

E
Legend
Legend
E
Fox lights libtard butt hairs on fire. It's hilarious.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
"Facts"

well to be fair - only one of these media outlets has been to court and use a defense that viewers should not take what's said on their network as factual.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I thought they got Maddow on basically the same thing?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
"Facts"

well to be fair - only one of these media outlets has been to court and use a defense that viewers should not take what's said on their network as factual.
Originally Posted by oobernoober

"The lawyers for Rachel Maddow argued that she does not provide factual news and her audience does not expect her to provide them with facts. The judge agreed."

ALL of these "news shows" are 100% biased, facts are loose and the cake is iced with a thick layer of hyperbole. ^That dude? I nearly fell asleep three minutes in, at least Tucker is entertaining!

P
Legend
Legend
P
If you find telling fables entertaining. If you find defending Russia entertaining. If you find defending the Jan. 6th rioters entertaining. You are correct that none of these news networks actually give you the news on their "talk shows" you are correct. But let's not pretend they're quite the same.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The orange brat in his deranged state of mind said "Pence had the right to overturn the electors."

So, democracy and the constitution be damned.

trumped wanted the election turned over so he could remain in office. So, anyone pretending this bag of pus is a patriot.

They better bone up on the constitution, the history of this country, and understand what the transfer really means.

M
Legend
Legend
M

If I can see a quote of what the defense actually said in a court of law - I'm more than happy to accept that. I see a quote from Fate, but that's a summary by someone else, not what the defense said in court. I've read the quotes from the Fox lawyers and it is unequivocal ... I have not seen the Madow issue/quote. That said - MSNBC and Fox are opposite sides of the same coin. They spin for one side or the other ... I happen the think Fox is worse (just look at the texts about Jan 6th and then what they have trotted out on air). . . but it doesn't make what Madow does any better.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by mgh888

If I can see a quote of what the defense actually said in a court of law - I'm more than happy to accept that. I see a quote from Fate, but that's a summary by someone else, not what the defense said in court. I've read the quotes from the Fox lawyers and it is unequivocal ... I have not seen the Madow issue/quote. That said - MSNBC and Fox are opposite sides of the same coin. They spin for one side or the other ... I happen the think Fox is worse (just look at the texts about Jan 6th and then what they have trotted out on air). . . but it doesn't make what Madow does any better.

Like when CNN said mostly peaceful protests with a building burning in the back ground. Come on they all do it. We do not get news anymore we get spin from the right or from the left. We choose which side we agree with and go from there. Actual news reporting is dead. It died a long time ago.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
There were thousand of protestors in the daytime during the peaceful protests. There were a fraction of that amount at night during the riots. Maybe you're confused on what the word "most" means. Over 90% of all the protests during the summer were totally peaceful.

Over 90 percent of protests this summer were peaceful, report shows

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...s-this-summer-were-peaceful-report-shows

What exactly is it that you think the word most means?

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
jc

I refuse to explain the lefts' news outlets biases or how there is real news in their reporting, until Fate and other right-wing posters explain how ANYTHING coming from Fox is real news. You can sort thousands of hours of Tucker, Hannity, Ingraham, or their racist twist on local crimes, BUT you will never find unbiased reporting. You will also find a very high percentage of verifiable lies being told, daily. Not even close to the same thing we have on the left. Not even close.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
There were thousand of protestors in the daytime during the peaceful protests. There were a fraction of that amount at night during the riots. Maybe you're confused on what the word "most" means. Over 90% of all the protests during the summer were totally peaceful.

It is indicated that between 15 and 20 MILLION people participated in the overwhelmingly peaceful BLM protests following George Floyd's death.... Let's not undersell this. "Most" is anything more than 51% ... of the 15+ million, a tiny % were exploiting the situation to loot and steal and cause damage.

Legend
Legend
Unless you watched fox "news" .

Then you would be running next to chicken little looking for cover.

Legend
Legend

Seems fair.

So you don't want anyone blaming peaceful protesters for the looting and rioting, correct?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Not sure what the question is - but myself and everyone I can remember said at the time, and I still do, arrest and prosecute the looters and anyone who is breaking the law. No-one is should be getting a free pass.

Although it would be absolutely hilarious to see Trump Supporters reactions if Biden came out and said he would pardon anyone caught up in those rights naughtydevil

Last edited by mgh888; 02/01/22 01:24 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
https://greenwald.substack.com/p/a-court-ruled-rachel-maddows-viewers

I dunno about this site, but skip down to the quoted part from the judge that dismissed the lawsuit.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P

Seems fair.

So you don't want anyone blaming peaceful protesters for the looting and rioting, correct?

You might include people that incited the riots. I mean that's a crime too.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Seems fair.

You might include people that incited the riots. I mean that's a crime too.
Not following you, who incited the riots?

P
Legend
Legend
P
You asked me a question and I answered it. You would have to look at each riot and inceident on an individual basis to make that determination. I'm simply saying if someone or people did incite people to riot, they also committed a crime. You'll have to dig the rabbit hole yourself.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
A right-winger called umbrella man by the media kicked off one by bashing windows out of a store. He was later tracked and identified. Of course, he was a white supremacist dressed in all black, pretending to be Antifa.

Legend
Legend

this is exactly how i feel trying to debate right wingers. people cant even describe or define something, yet swear they hate it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Swish

this is exactly how i feel trying to debate right wingers. people cant even describe or define something, yet swear they hate it.

It was entertaining. And the caller was pretty representative of ignorant folks that get behind something they don't really understand ... the issue i have is you can make anyone look stupid by letting some random person who thinks they support a cause and asking tough questions. You could probably find someone that was at a BLM protest or an 'environmentalist' and tie them in knots. It would look like a 'gotcha' moment but that doesn't mean they put forward the best argument forward for the cause they were trying to support.

P
Legend
Legend
P
GOP congressman tries quoting Voltaire in attack on Fauci –but quotes neo-Nazi paedophile instead

https://news.yahoo.com/gop-congressman-tries-quoting-voltaire-212805192.html

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Book Ban Efforts Spread Across the U.S.

Challenges to books about sexual and racial identity are nothing new in American schools, but the tactics and politicization are.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/30/books/book-ban-us-schools.html

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus What Republicans have become part 3

Link Copied to Clipboard