Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ugh, I hope Buffalo doesn't lose.

This would be so heartbreaking for them.

1st String
1st String
We get some extra football to end a crazy weekend of football

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
T
Legend
Legend
T
Not going to watch another minute of that games stupidity. flamingmad

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
One of the most amazing last few minutes of a game I've ever seen.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Milk Man
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Don't worry. Baker is only 1-14 in game winning/tying drives.

It's not like any other QBs do much better.

We're fine......we're fine.....

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
T
Legend
Legend
T
What is that, Basketball??? the chiefs scored in 13 seconds? I watch football, not basketball because I think that kind of situation is stupid. and I hate the chiefs more than the bills apparently.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Game of the millennium.

Cleveland guy with game winning catch.

1st String
1st String
This was the best divisional round I can ever remember

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
NFL has to be damn proud of their ridiculous OT rules (that have been ancient and stupid for DECADES).

A coin flip literally just determined the outcome of a divisional round playoff game. You knew whoever got the ball was scoring. So dumb.

[Linked Image]

T
Legend
Legend
T
That was a pretty abysmal game to go to overtime, apparently the chiefs won it, but don't care how.
If, scoring after receiving a kickoff with less than 30 seconds to play becomes the normal,
then the league needs to make scoring a tougher feat.
Because THAT IS NOT FOOTBALL, that is not how the game was intended, that is some abhoration of what football was created to be.

Football is Football. What ever that was with that scoring like a thing that changes back and forth,
is not football!

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
The Browns need to make a decision on the QB position and quickly.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Would have been nice for someone to play defense in the 4th, but was a exciting day of football.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
That was a pretty abysmal game to go to overtime, apparently the chiefs won it, but don't care how.
If, scoring after receiving a kickoff with less than 30 seconds to play becomes the normal,
Because THAT IS NOT FOOTBALL, that is not how the game was intended, that is some abhoration of what football was created to be.

Football is Football. What ever that was with that scoring like a thing that changes back and forth,
is not football!

If you've been paying attention the last few years it actually IS football. Just not in Cleveland.

There's a reason people keep harping on how terrible Baker does in 4th quarter, 2 minute drills and end of game/half situations. Because all the good QBs in the league can almost score at will in those situations. Welcome to the modern NFL - where 13 seconds is too much time for good QBs while we're still trying to figure out how to get 1st downs.

[Linked Image]

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted by GraffZ06
Originally Posted by THROW LONG

is not football!

If you've been paying attention the last few years it actually IS football. Just not in Cleveland.

There's a reason people keep harping on how terrible Baker does in 4th quarter, 2 minute drills and end of game/half situations. Because all the good QBs in the league can almost score at will in those situations. Welcome to the modern NFL - where 13 seconds is too much time for good QBs while we're still trying to figure out how to get 1st downs.

I feel like Mayfield would've been a solid QB in the era of Trent Dilfer and his ilk. Now - he has to have everything go as planned in order to perform to his maximum potential.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
How many of those throws could have Baker made that Allen/ Mahomes made
In.the final 3 mins?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Baker can make all of those throws. We need some upgrades at WR though.

No Craps Given
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Glad to see Packers and Bucs lose. If chiefs would have lost I would have this weekend results would have been perfect. I'll be rooting for the nfc in the super bowl.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am trilled that the Packers lost on the frozen tundra.

Yes, I do not like the NFL scheduling night games in January in Green Bay.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm not nor have I been rooting for anyone in the playoffs this year. I said I think Cincy might get it done, but damn sure would not root for them. Not only that, but I haven't even watched them. Just clips and scores is about all I've cared to look at. Great games being played, and I've completely lost my appetite for football this year. No idea why, because I usually watch as much post season as I can. Probably the disappointment of watching the Browns last year and expecting to do the same this year. Something is different for me, that much is sure.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We're close to Myka Bowl #2!

Just gotta take care of the pesky Rams and Bengals.

As much as I'd like to see Stafford get a ring and hating SF because of their spoiled fans, my ego won't let me root for anything except SF/KC because Andy Reid/Pat Mahomes and Shanahan/Grapes were my 2 "bang the table" picks for HC/QB when the Browns were looking all those years. If they both make it 2 times vs each other + KCs additional ones I'll forever feel vindicated in my football knowledge and know I only root for a loser because of family tradition and for some reason caring about it lol

That being said...
Just please don't let the Bengals steal our year!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Baker can make all of those throws. We need some upgrades at WR though.

Most pro qb can made those throws. It's just that most don't when it counts most.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I don't recall ever seeing four playoff games that were more exciting games.

That was something. The 49ers going to GB and winning was a huge upset.

I was rooting for the Bengals but I thought they would lose.

Unreal meltdown by the Rams then they pull it off.

The Bills Chiefs game was a classic. Unreal quarterback play. I feel Bad for the Bills. They lost the coin toss and that lost the game.

WOW exciting football.

The Browns face a serious challenge. The AFC is loaded with great young quarterbacks.

Baker really has to improve. We also better have a great pass rush or we will never get far.

Jimmy G is not an improvement on Baker and they are still in it. So, you can win with quarterbacks without winning because of them.

If I were the Browns I would try to build a dominate defense.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude

Elsewhere on social media the take from this weekend's games is that we need a kicker. Yes, that is what is between us and the AFC championship game ... a kicker.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bonefish

If I were the Browns I would try to build a dominate defense.

The Bills had the number 1 defense in the NFL and gave up 42 points to Mahomes and the Chiefs. The league has rules in place that strongly favor the offense. You need to score and have a prolific passer to win today’s NFL. You also need to be able to score quickly. Early 2000s Baltimore defenses don’t exist anymore.

Looking at the young QBs in the AFC and watching last night’s Bills/Chiefs game, it’s pretty clear the Browns aren’t in that same league yet.

R
Legend
Legend
R
With no obvious solution on the horizon.

Look at what all of Allen's hard work has done. He knew his game needed work and has worked his butt off every off season to improve. He owed that to himself, the Bills organization, and the Bills fans.

Baker goes home to Austin and sleeps in his old room for the summer.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Baker spent last night taking to Twitter yet again, because he didn’t like what someone in the local media said about him.

Legend
Legend
"Baker goes home to Austin and sleeps in his old room for the summer."

No agenda. Right.

I guess you share his room?

You are so full of it

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I don't really disagree with you. It's just that he didn't waste any time starting the drama. He took the first opportunity to do so by using the post game press conference to do it. I think he is the poster child for attention seeking diva.

Truth, and that might be being generous. Dude handled the vaccination thing the way he did to avoid any sort of flack, but has no problem stirring up trade drama whenever he's not on the field.

He's super talented and everything... but sweet liberty, he must be a giant PitA to work with.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1st String
1st String
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude

Elsewhere on social media the take from this weekend's games is that we need a kicker. Yes, that is what is between us and the AFC championship game ... a kicker.
I was told I didn't know football on FB because people were talking about drafting a kicker in the 2nd or 3rd round and one dude even said to trade back up into the bottom of 1st to get one and I said no GM would draft a kicker that high in the draft.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Baker spent last night taking to Twitter yet again, because he didn’t like what someone in the local media said about him.

What's the back story here? What was he responding to?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz

Baker says this time he's staying away from social media while taking to social media and he means it this time!...

D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted by Rishuz

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Awww poor Baker doesn't like Dustin Fox so he blocked him?

That's childish. That's immature. That's everything that's still wrong with Baker Mayfield wrapped in a nice little bow.

He's probably just salty from watching how real elite/franchise/playoff QBs actually executed this weekend. It's gotta hurt the pride little man.

What a loser.

[Linked Image]

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Dave
I'm happy for for Stafford too, but I wouldn't have minded seeing Beckham lose.

Atta boy!

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
Sweet!

That cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dX5less, hopeless, heartless, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, cocaine-snorting-off-a-prostitute, sack of monkey crap, prima donna WR is going to play in the NFC Championship! Hallelujah! Holy crap!

Where's the Tylenol?

rofl

Tell us how you really feel.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Watching the Bucs vs Rams game my wife said it looked like the Rams were running away with it. I told her no lead was safe with Tom Brady on the field. It was the tale of two halves. The Bucs kept making critical mistakes the entire first half and the Rams looked like they were trying to give the game away during the second half. Von Miller hit Brady in a way that the top of his helmet just clipped the bottom of Brady's face mask and of course Brady had to cry to the refs about it. He's so used to having his ass kissed that he threw a tantrum when it didn't work this time. I was happy to see it.

In the second game we saw the elite QB's in the NFL at this point in time and what a face off it was! That second half was something of legend. And for those who say great defenses win championships, as much as I've mirrored that remark, I'm thinking those days may be gone. The Bills have a fine defense.

These were the greatest four divisional games I've ever seen as an entire group of games. They were all decided late and they were all anyone's games at the end. As a fan of the game I couldn't have asked for anything more.

While I think Burrows is a fine QB, I think it's still too early for him to keep up with the likes of Mahomes. If that Buffalo defense couldn't stop Mahomes, I don't think Cinci's can. The Rams 49'ers game is a little harder for me to try and predict. Every time I think the 49'ers can't match up with their opponents, somehow Shanahan comes up with a way to counter them.

On to next week!

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

P
Legend
Legend
P
You mean Kelce is running the wrong routes and that's why Mahomes can never find him when he's open?

ooo

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
You mean Kelce is running the wrong routes and that's why Mahomes can never find him when he's open?

ooo
No... THEY DECIDED.. meaning Mahomes was aware he was going to deviate from his route... he didn't just run off and do it.

yebat' Putin
2 members like this: jfanent, PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I've never seen a group of people so hellbent on trying to blame a WR for doing everything he can because he's trying to get open. I find it amazing.

#gmstrong
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season NFL 2021 Post Season Divisional games thread

Link Copied to Clipboard