Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1921004 01/22/22 08:10 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The NFL unlike baseball does not conduct that many trades. Contracts are complicated but trades do happen.

Hooper and Hunt are two players under contract that are guys we could trade.

Hooper because he is not worth the money we are paying him. In addition he is taking snaps from Njoku and Harrison. Njoku is a free agent that we should keep and Harrison is developing.

The problem with trading Hooper is finding a trade partner and the fact that the Browns would have to swallow some of money due to him.

Hunt is a different situation. He is a damn good player who has value. I like Kareem. Trading him is not about performance or money. It is about what he could bring in return. It is rumored Calvin Ridley is on the trading block. He stepped away from the team to work on his mental health.
The Falcon runners are not very productive. Hooper played for them and was a favorite target of Matt Ryan.

Hooper alone would not bring Ridley. Kareem could be a guy of interest.

It would be well worth the effort to inquire.

Chubb is our lead back. We can resign d'Earnest. He is RFA and was paid $850k. His numbers were equal to Kareem.

The Browns have a bunch of running backs on the practice squad and they have Felton.

Ridley is a guy who can help the Browns if he is ready to come back to football and is confident that he has worked out his problems.

We got Takk under the same type of issues.

Seems worth exploring.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Not sure we could trade Hooper. I think Hooper is good, but not so good that teams might trade for him IMO. We haven't kept his value high by not using him enough.

Hunt on the other hand is very tradable. I would do it in a minute if we got a decent pick or player for the guy. As you mentioned, D Johnso is not only good, IMO he could be a #1 back. We need to sign him. I would keep him over Hunt.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
I don't want to trade Hunt, he's too central to our offensive strength. I like D'Ernest, but he should not be mentioned in the same breath as Chubb and Hunt, who are 1a and 1b at RB, IMO. If you ask me the most important things missing from our offense in 2021 vs 2020, I'd say a healthy Mayfield and a healthy Hunt. As far as Hooper goes, I can't see anyone wanting him, so we're probably stuck with him.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I think Hooper is untradeable. He's average and he's expensive.

I think Hunt is too valuable to trade. By a slim margin he's not as good as Chubb in my book - but he's significantly better than Johnson who is still very good as a backup. Chubb Hunt is like the very best RB duo in the league. Don't weaken a strength.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #1921031 01/22/22 12:03 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think trading Hunt is all the "analytics is da DEVIL" crowd needs to go nuclear for a few weeks.

I think our best bet of losing Hooper will be finding a team with a young QB that needs catchers. We'd still have to eat a bunch of money, but I still like it to get Njoku better snaps.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dave #1921047 01/22/22 12:40 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Hooper could be traded but it would mean paying some of his salary.

d'Earnest: 534 yards 5.3 yards per carry 3 TD's 19 receptions

Kareem: 386 yards 4.9 yards per carry 5 TD's 22 receptions

Kareem due $4.9 m

D'Earnest was making $850k. He is a RFA

We can get someone who could potentially bring more value and pay d'Earnest less and get close to the same or better production.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Hunt brings a ton to the passing game. He also brings more to the running game when he's not injured (which is probably why he was ahead of Johnson prior to injury?).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: AZBrown
C
Legend
Legend
C
My guess is that teams won’t be giving up much for a 27 year old running back, who has some baggage, on the last year of his contract.

The value Hunt brings to the team likely exceeds anything we’d receive in compensation.

1 member likes this: FATE
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Hunt brings a ton to the passing game. He also brings more to the running game when he's not injured (which is probably why he was ahead of Johnson prior to injury?).

I agree. For me, the Browns keeping D'Ernest beyond the RFA thing would be if he also was a primary PR as well as spelling Hunt. I know we tried Johnson on special teams a couple seasons ago, and it was less than spectacular. Teams have seen the impressive tape on him, and some team will offer him more than we are willing to match or surpass, imo.

I wish we could keep him simply as RB#3 (as insurance against injury and spelling), but I just don't see it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think you're where I am on this. The value placed on a player is dependent on how you use him on your team. We use Johnson as our #3 RB. I think when he becomes a FA other teams may value his talent higher based on their current RB situation. In such a scenario I think they will see his value much higher than we do. I think the cost of signing him will be prohibitive based on his position in our depth chart.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It's important to remember that every year there's a rebuild for some part - or positions on the team. Young guys coming in to eventually displace the aging vet, injuries, open spots - and so on. You also have to be aware of the trends. A true franchise QB can hold that spot for 15 years. A RB though has an average shelf life on 4.5 years in the NFL. Chubb entered the league on a bad wheel but recovered. Chubb missed 7 games as a rookie, 4 games in 2020 and 2 games this past season. Hunt missed 7 games this year. Johnson missed 1 game in 2021. The point here is that at the start of next season, all three will be 26 years old and their injuries have had an impact on the offense. Chubb isn't going anywhere and most likely Hunt neither but as a team, the GM has to be thinking about the future. This might be a good time to draft a RB in the second round depending on what happens in FA. I know, I know - you can give me a multitude of players that played RB 10 plus years but for every one of those guys there's 10 times as many who did not. I not saying get rid of Chubb and Hunt or replace them, but it might be time to be looking toward the future and get a new young buck in the stable. Just a thought.

As far as trades, the Browns players that could be trade bait are the ones with unfriendly contracts. Paying a portion of their salary just to trade them is not a good move either. Hooper is here next year due to the cap hit. Bryant has shown improvement and is very young. Njoku is a FA that made 6 million in 2021. I would be shocked and amazed if he was looking for anything less than 8-9 million per year. With a healthy Baker, a revamped WR group, and an injury free line - I would expect (for heaven's sake hope) that the Browns won't be running 3 TE sets 18% of their plays like they did in 2021. In fact, considering how teams defended the Browns during those sets I would expect little to no 3 TE sets. That would mean that at best you would see 2 TE sets at a league average meaning someone is pulling pine duty. Njoku's performance over the last 5-years means he should be the odd man out. Add in the contract issue and I suspect Njoku is gone. I also don't think you can trade Landry with his contract, and I don't have a good feeling about him restructuring it in his final year. I suspect that Landry will be released due to contract issues especially if the Browns hit the FA WR market heavy - if they can appeal to those guys.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
cfrs15 #1921088 01/22/22 04:08 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15
My guess is that teams won’t be giving up much for a 27 year old running back, who has some baggage, on the last year of his contract.

The value Hunt brings to the team likely exceeds anything we’d receive in compensation.

This.

Also, the Browns should just place a 2nd round tender D'Ernest. No team will sign him and give up a 2nd round pick and he'd only cost $3.5M. He gives the Browns additional insurance and you can sign him longer term after Hunt is gone after the 2022 season.

Legend
Legend
j/c...

There's no actual huge difference in upside between Hunt and Johnson, besides experience -- the fact the Hunt has always played at a high level. I'll still take Hunt's plus-level athleticism, bulldog mentality and flair for game-changing plays. It matters.

So that makes Johnson seem like "odd man out".

Johnson is probably more valuable to another team. But honestly, he had solid success and consistent production for us last year:

100 for 534yds (5.3) 3TD
19 catches 137yds

Compared to Hunt:

78 for 386yds (4.9) 5TD
22 catches 174yds

So unless you're sure neither Hunt, nor Chubb, will be injured at any point next season, RB3 seems like an important role in our offense.

So what does it cost to keep D'ernest Johnson?

Stay ahead of the curve in an area you've already "won". There would be absolutely no issue with a 3 yr / 9-10M contract. It's 2 million per year more that you pay that roster spot anyway. Is 2M some drastic negative effect to a team with 32M in cap space?

And then... you'll either find you made a great decision because you need him. Or still retain his upside in a trade proposition, rather then waving goodbye to him for nothing.

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Obvious disclaimer is the imaginary contract I proposed, anyone care to gander at his market value?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man

This.

Also, the Browns should just place a 2nd round tender D'Ernest. No team will sign him and give up a 2nd round pick and he'd only cost $3.5M. He gives the Browns additional insurance and you can sign him longer term after Hunt is gone after the 2022 season.
Perfect solution.

Is 3.5M too much? I don't think so.

FATE #1921094 01/22/22 04:35 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Man, trying to figure out his market value is a tough one. If a team looks at him as their answer to their #1 RB it could be pretty high. If that happens I certainly feel it would be a huge obstacle to us matching such an offer.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I agree. He's supported that case. He not only put up those season numbers, he also showcased his "bell cow" virtue three times this season:

DENVER 22 /146 /6.6 /1
CINCY 25 /123 /4.9/ 1
NEW ENGLAND 19 /99 /5.2... plus 7 of 8 targets for 58

If another team trusts the sample size, I could see a much larger offer than we would care to accommodate.

I'd go with Milk's 2nd round tender and make sure I get paid back for his upside regardless. It's 2.5M more than that roster spot costs anyway.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I am not sure Cleveland has many of any trade value players. Ward is a likely possibility, but otherwise, I don't think Cleveland has the established talent to invite a trade. That is not saying Cleveland has no talent. I am saying Berry is working on building depth and have not established a well-rounded position. The corner position is getting there maybe safety.

Berry is still working on getting the foundation of this team built. From what I can see, they are focusing on DE and DBs on the defense side. On offense, I am not sure we can really tell. The QB position is without saying. Money was spent on OL and TE. I think the TE position is used to supplement the OL but is that a priority moving forward. It seems so far defense is where the most emphasis is placed.

I think it is telling where Berry thinks he can obtain talent simply look at where he is making one-year deals, and where he is drafting positions. Clowney is the exception. The draft is a little hard telling where the emphasis is placed since we saw Berry work two.

mgh888 #1921126 01/22/22 07:18 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mgh888
I think Hooper is untradeable. He's average and he's expensive.

I think Hunt is too valuable to trade. By a slim margin he's not as good as Chubb in my book - but he's significantly better than Johnson who is still very good as a backup. Chubb Hunt is like the very best RB duo in the league. Don't weaken a strength.

Agreed.

Hooper signed a big contract based on what he did before. While his opportunities are down here, he simply hasn't done enough with the chances he was given. He hasn't earned more targets, he drops too many of the ones he does get. I do not see anyone taking that albatross off our hands, I think we should cut him. It will save some cash, and get targets to players who can do something with them.

As to Hunt, I'm with you. I think he is too valuable to trade, in the sense that what we can get for him is not more than the value he brings to the team. RBs don't hold their value.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Now, question.
Who! could the Browns possibly trade, where, after the trade, the Browns would be a better team?

In the last 12 months, two players have been traded in the league that could have made the Browns better.

Julio Jones, wide receiver was traded from the Falcons to the Titans.
and
Zach Ertz, Tight end was traded from the Eagles to the Arizona Cardinals.

Other than that, I don't think the Browns are going to be able to trade for anyone where they would be better off after the trade.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
IMO there are many teams that would love to get Hunt.

And I believe the Falcons are one of those teams.

O
Legend
Legend
O
After the season we just had, you want to push contributors to our running game (and passing game) out the door? Unless you're looking to land Matt Ryan, I don't see why we would want to further gut this team of talent

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish
IMO there are many teams that would love to get Hunt.

And I believe the Falcons are one of those teams.

I agree.
A TON of teams would love to add Kareem Hunt to their roster. TEN would prob love to add 27 to their roster, to supplement their own version of Nick Chubb. They might have beaten CIN today, if they had that extra weapon.

My point: Today- right now- the Cleveland Browns already have Kareem Hunt on their roster.
We are the team that others want to be: top 10 OL, with a knockout 1-2 punch in the backfield.

Why would we give away an essential proven asset for a sack of magic beans?

Now is not the time to be thinking of Kareem Hunt's trade value. Now is the time to use Kareem Hunt on a football field. If other teams would like to have him, we should keep him.
Now is the time to be inking him to a 1-2 year gig with escalators, and ride that wild child style of his right through this window. We've put together 2/3 of a championship caliber team. Kareem Hunt can be an integral part of a real serious run in the next year or two.

Assembling that last third would be severely hampered by having to replace 27's production.

Occam's razor wins here, imho: take the straightest path to the goal.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: CBFAN19
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jc

Every time I see this thread I go to it expecting to see a discussion about who we are going to trade for. Always disappointed to see talk about who we are going to trade away .

I really don't think we trade anyone away because the guys we want to get rid if are guys who's performance doesn't meet their contract. Nobody will trade for these guys. We will either keep them or release them. The other guys like Hunt have talent and an affordable contract. Why would we get rid of him?

The one exception is if we we trade for a qb and throw Baker in.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
Dave #1921234 01/23/22 07:53 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dave
I don't want to trade Hunt, he's too central to our offensive strength. I like D'Ernest, but he should not be mentioned in the same breath as Chubb and Hunt, who are 1a and 1b at RB, IMO. If you ask me the most important things missing from our offense in 2021 vs 2020, I'd say a healthy Mayfield and a healthy Hunt. As far as Hooper goes, I can't see anyone wanting him, so we're probably stuck with him.

My reasoning is we can sign Johnson, we won't sign Hunt after next year. He will cost too much, thus we trade him and get value, or we let him walk and get nothing. I trade him.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
It is about improving the team.

If Hunt can get us Calvin Ridley that improves the team.

Chubb is the bell cow back. D'Earnest can gives us close to the production of Hunt and maybe more.

Ridley in 2020 had 90 receptions and 1374 yards with a 15.3 y/r avg.

We don't have that on the Browns. Not even close.

I like Kareem. He is a good back but he is replaceable.

To improve the team changes are needed. Clearly in order to have a better passing attack we must have better receivers.

I would rather use pick 13 on a DE, OT, DT, or maybe a quarterback if I like a guy who is there at 13.

Unless a receiver is out of sight good at 13. I would rather look for one in the second round or later.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bonefish
Hooper could be traded but it would mean paying some of his salary.

d'Earnest: 534 yards 5.3 yards per carry 3 TD's 19 receptions

Kareem: 386 yards 4.9 yards per carry 5 TD's 22 receptions

Kareem due $4.9 m

D'Earnest was making $850k. He is a RFA

We can get someone who could potentially bring more value and pay d'Earnest less and get close to the same or better production.

Hunt is due to make 6.250 million.

[Linked Image]

cfrs15 #1921246 01/23/22 10:19 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E

Dernest Johnson is the tradeable commodity not Hunt. But then again RBs in general aren't big commodities in the NFL as there are decent ones all over the place and found in any round in the draft.

Good commodities would not be wise to trade...I guess if need be the thing we would trade is draft picks!
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1921251 01/23/22 11:01 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
d'Earnest is a RFA.

We would have to sign him before we could trade him.

I disagree Hunt is a more proven player than Johnson.

His contract is not a big issue. He is valuable as a lead back or in the role he has with the Browns.

D'Earnest has been a special teams player and 3rd string back. So, no he is not more valuable.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
In trades you have to give up value to get value.

The draft is a gamble. You don't control free agents. They play where they want or play for more money.

You want to target a guy who may be available. You have to offer close to equal value.

I would give up the production of Hunt for the production of Ridley.

Kareem will be a UFA in 2023. He could walk next year and we get nothing.

I would make the trade for Ridley and never blink. If I was assured his mental health is good and you feel confortable with his commitment to play.

You have to evaluate what is the best way to improve the team?

D
Legend
Legend
D
If we are going to take a risk on WR I'd rather take it in the draft. Use a 2nd round pick on Jameson Williams, the Alabama receiver who tore his ACL. I'm more confident in a complete recovery from that injury than anything as unpredictable as Ridley's mental health issues. The Eagles have (3) 1st round picks this year (15, 16, 19), maybe we could trade down with them from 13 to 19 and pick up their 2nd rounder to grab Williams.

Legend
Legend
TEN would prob love to add 27 to their roster, to supplement their own version of Nick Chubb. They might have beaten CIN today, if they had that extra weapon.

They might be set at RB2 with that Foreman guy. He was in beast mode yesterday. I wish they would have fed him the ball more yesterday, as Henry was obviously rusty.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Keep Hunt, ship D'Earnest. Or ship none of them. Felton does not impress me, and D'Earnest is a good back and could start or be number two somewhere else, but Nick and Kareem are our best by far. If the Browns make team friendly deals with both to keep them together a while longer, I'd prefer that. Honestly, some days I'd rather have Kareem out there than Nick. Chubb is a ground and pound back with an elite breakaway second gear, great vision, and great decision-making. Hunt is a bit less ground and pound, and more finesse, quick reads and cuts, good inside, better outside, and also has second gear breakaway speed. Some defenses do better against Chubb than Hunt, and vice versa. Don't get me wrong, Chubb is our stud, I just think Hunt is a stud in his own right and a bit more versatile than Nick. So I'd hate to trade him for a ham sandwich.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dave #1921271 01/23/22 12:10 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
How is it a guarantee that he will be there when you pick?

Everything you wrote is a maybe.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Isn't that what we're doing here?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe folks need to look at Hunt for 2020 ( A full season )

2020 Cleveland Browns 16 games 198 carries 841 yards 4.3 per carry 6TD

38 catches 304 yads 5TD

Last edited by waterdawg; 01/23/22 01:35 PM.
Dave #1921305 01/23/22 01:54 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I am not trying argue but there are differences.

There is little control in the draft. First there is risk that the player turns out not so good.

Then you have no idea where that player will be taken.

In a trade you are targeting a player you want. That player is in the NFL has a track record and tape. You know his contract, age, health history all you need to know.

As a GM you can find out if player x could be available in a trade. So you can start a negotiation to try to make a deal.

Free agency and the draft; there most everything is outside your control.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So let me get this straight - going after a current mental issue Ridley who in 2020 (he quit in 2021) had 90 receptions and 1374 yards with a 15.3 y/r avg would be a positive move for the Browns? The same Cleveland Browns that went out and signed a TE to the largest TE contract ever for his 2 previous years where he averaged 93 targets, with 73 receptions for 724 yards with a 9.92 y/r avg and 2 consecutive Pro Bowl nodes and then put him in an offensive scheme that reduced his target average the last 2-years to 65 (31% reduction), 42 receptions (42% reduction) for 390 yards (46% reduction) with a 9.29 y/r avg (6.4% reduction)? I mean the Browns went out and paid big money for Hooper to which they immediately cut his targets and receptions nearly in half. What the hell are you going to be posting here when Ridley puts up numbers 40-50% lower than his 2020 stats you're drooling over?

Ridley, or any other FA WR for that fact, is not going to sign with the Browns knowing the current offensive scheme is going to reduce their targets and receptions between 30-50 percent.

OBJ was a self-centered a-hole in my book but let's not confuse what happened with OBJ. The Browns just completed a playoff appearance of 2-games and had the 5th rated QB in the NFL. OBJ went to the FO and demanded a trade in the spring - early summer timeframe. His issues had nothing to do with Baker Mayfield - hell, he only played in the first 7 games of 2020. It's also common knowledge that as a team, the Browns performed better without OBJ. The breaking point is how he was used in 2019 (pre Stefanski), OBJ had 133 targets, 74 receptions, 1035 yards with a 13.99 y/r avg. That worked out to 8.31 targets, 4.63 receptions for 64.69 yards with a 13.99 y/r avg per game in 2019. Stefanski arrives and though only playing 7 games due to injury, OBJ's per game average for targets dropped to 6.14 (26% reduction), 3.29 receptions (29% reduction) for 44.57 yards (29.6% reduction) with a 13.55 y/r avg (3.2% reduction) per game in 2021. OBJ seen a 30% reduction in receptions from 2019 to 2020 which had a huge bearing on his requesting a trade before the 2021 season even started.

Look, Stefanski chased Diggs out of Minnesota due to his play calling. It appears he's chased OBJ out of Cleveland for the same reason. Posters here are calling for Hooper's head yet Stefanski is doing the exact same thing to him. As a fan, you might be completely comfortable with Stefanski's scheme. However, top notch WR's or QB's for that matter if it floats your boat, are not going to consider Cleveland as a landing spot to be utilized 30 - 50% less than what they are used playing. If the Browns are not going to build to the skill sets of the player's then plan on keeping the lower tier players because the top tiers won't be coming to Cleveland. Not with a scheme that has your QB in the bottom 30% of the league in attempts and your usage will receive the same fate.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Signing free agent Hooper has nothing to do with trading for Ridley.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree. Receivers only shine if the ball is thrown to them. Be it offensive scheme, the QB, or some of both.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted by steve0255
So let me get this straight - going after a current mental issue Ridley who in 2020 (he quit in 2021) had 90 receptions and 1374 yards with a 15.3 y/r avg would be a positive move for the Browns? The same Cleveland Browns that went out and signed a TE to the largest TE contract ever for his 2 previous years where he averaged 93 targets, with 73 receptions for 724 yards with a 9.92 y/r avg and 2 consecutive Pro Bowl nodes and then put him in an offensive scheme that reduced his target average the last 2-years to 65 (31% reduction), 42 receptions (42% reduction) for 390 yards (46% reduction) with a 9.29 y/r avg (6.4% reduction)? I mean the Browns went out and paid big money for Hooper to which they immediately cut his targets and receptions nearly in half. What the hell are you going to be posting here when Ridley puts up numbers 40-50% lower than his 2020 stats you're drooling over?

Ridley, or any other FA WR for that fact, is not going to sign with the Browns knowing the current offensive scheme is going to reduce their targets and receptions between 30-50 percent.

OBJ was a self-centered a-hole in my book but let's not confuse what happened with OBJ. The Browns just completed a playoff appearance of 2-games and had the 5th rated QB in the NFL. OBJ went to the FO and demanded a trade in the spring - early summer timeframe. His issues had nothing to do with Baker Mayfield - hell, he only played in the first 7 games of 2020. It's also common knowledge that as a team, the Browns performed better without OBJ. The breaking point is how he was used in 2019 (pre Stefanski), OBJ had 133 targets, 74 receptions, 1035 yards with a 13.99 y/r avg. That worked out to 8.31 targets, 4.63 receptions for 64.69 yards with a 13.99 y/r avg per game in 2019. Stefanski arrives and though only playing 7 games due to injury, OBJ's per game average for targets dropped to 6.14 (26% reduction), 3.29 receptions (29% reduction) for 44.57 yards (29.6% reduction) with a 13.55 y/r avg (3.2% reduction) per game in 2021. OBJ seen a 30% reduction in receptions from 2019 to 2020 which had a huge bearing on his requesting a trade before the 2021 season even started.

Look, Stefanski chased Diggs out of Minnesota due to his play calling. It appears he's chased OBJ out of Cleveland for the same reason. Posters here are calling for Hooper's head yet Stefanski is doing the exact same thing to him. As a fan, you might be completely comfortable with Stefanski's scheme. However, top notch WR's or QB's for that matter if it floats your boat, are not going to consider Cleveland as a landing spot to be utilized 30 - 50% less than what they are used playing. If the Browns are not going to build to the skill sets of the player's then plan on keeping the lower tier players because the top tiers won't be coming to Cleveland. Not with a scheme that has your QB in the bottom 30% of the league in attempts and your usage will receive the same fate.

I will make an early prediction that probably will annoy a lot of supporters on this forum.

Kevin Stefanski hasn’t so far showed anything that reminds me of a coming elite coach. Nothing in his role as a head coach or play caller gives indication that he can take this team to a conference win, not to mention a Super Bowl. Beating a old and injured Big Ben don’t count in my book. I’m officially #Skiout2022

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Possible trades

Link Copied to Clipboard