Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
What a game! 4 quarters just wasn't enough. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Originally Posted by DaveyD
That Josh Allen guy is pretty good. Too bad we didn't we didn't have the opportunity to draft.....oh wait. catfight

Yea, he's good

Stop talking to yourself DaveyD. wink

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Dear Lord man. Can you explain any possible way that Jay Glazer could help get OBJ traded? That makes zero sense.

You're asking if OBJ could cause enough smoke (enlisting outside help) to help him in getting traded? Do we not already know the answer to this question?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Four days after he got here? No. If anything the comment was made in jest and Glazer just made a story out of it by reporting it out of context. These players, especially the high dollar players, not only have an agent, but lawyers. That's who they would seriously be talking to. And there's no way OBJ believed he could be traded that soon after he got here. It makes no sense.

Here's the thing. There's no doubt that OBJ didn't want to be traded here. Would you if you were in his position? But to believe he purposefully didn't apply himself or play hard goes against everything his team mates reported. It would mean that he purposefully undermined his own value and career making him worth much less on the open market and less likely to be signed by teams he would want to go to. That doesn't make any sense either.

We heard so much BS on this board about how "We are better without him". Just look at the least half of the season and tell me how much better we were without him. We heard, "He's no better with the Rams than he was here". Yet as we saw yesterday, the more familiar Stafford is becoming with OBJ the more he is starting to rely on him. They say his five TD's really don't mean anything because they are short passes. What they don't tell you is that the Browns TD leading WR in 2021 was DPJ with three. Yeah, that sounds like the place a talented WR would want to play.

And Lord knows the announcers in yesterdays game must have sucked because they kept saying how much he has added to the Rams offense. How much he is contributing and how good his hands are. They quoted his team mates who said how hard he worked and what a positive attitude he had. You must remember, the exact same thing his Browns team mates said about him that people wish to dismiss and ignore.

Of course the way it works around here is that we should listen to announcers who say what you want to hear and ignore the ones who don't. It's the Dawgtalker way.

The picture that gets painted to you is only according to what the artist decides to put on the canvass.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Put it on another canvas this is the playoff canvas!

Joe Thomas #73
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Four days after he got here? No. If anything the comment was made in jest and Glazer just made a story out of it by reporting it out of context.

If I have to choose between what you think Jay Glazer said and what Jay Glazer thinks Jay Glazer said, I'm going to go with the latter.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/odell-beckham-jr-wanted-rams-trade/95-7a898ee3-7be9-4ab7-bc3e-1607d8d78b8f#:~:text=In%20doing%20so%2C%20Glazer%20revealed,got%20there%2C%22%20Glazer%20said.

I'll just say it one more time because I'm running out of different ways to explain it to you, and your "invent a ridiculous argument and act like I said that" shtick is already really old.

OBJ was the most talented WR on this team and his departure left a hole that couldn't be filled (commanding double-teams and opening things up for others). That said, he did not want to be here, and by that alone made it impossible for him to stay. The FO's actions seem to back this up (not acquiescing to his trade requests until the situation became untenable). Because he didn't want to be here, I do believe that we are better off without him. He was reportedly good to the guys in the locker room and was a willing blocker most of the time, but he wanted out of Cleveland. He WAS able to pick up the playbook quickly in LA... so why didn't he do that when he was here and Baker had to line him up all the time? He has great hands, so why were so many easy passes bouncing off his chest?

I'm not exactly rooting for him to get a 'chip, but I really don't harbor him much ill-will. I get why he wanted out, but he was a punk in the way he did it.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, Jay Glazer couldn't possibly be accentuating a story for ratings. The same thing so many accuse other such people for doing.

You say he wanted out then say you understand why he wanted out. That's the exaxt same thing I said in the very post you quoted.....

Here's the thing. There's no doubt that OBJ didn't want to be traded here. Would you if you were in his position?

And it appears you didn't watch the second half of the season. We were not better without him.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I'll just say it one more time because I'm running out of different ways to explain it to you, and your "invent a ridiculous argument and act like I said that" shtick is already really old.

"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty and the pig enjoys it."

--George Bernard Shaw

P
Legend
Legend
P
Then I'll speak to you in a language you can understand. Oink.

#gmstrong
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season NFL 2021 Post Season Playoff Games thread

Link Copied to Clipboard