Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Sad to see this promising young woman get killed at the hands of a complete piece of trash. This is what they get in California for electing a bunch of idealistic libtard morons that like to entitle criminals. The killer had a rap sheet a mile long - similar to george floyd and daunte wright. I feel horrible for the victim and her family.
Here's a quote from her father regarding Gavin and the rest of the morons that are destroying California: "We have a lot of politicians that somehow forgot about people and think the key to getting elected is to support the lowest rung of our society and to give them rights and somehow that’s the answer to getting votes," Kupfer said.

You can all look up the story if you want to see pictures of the victim and the piece of trash that murdered her.

Father of slain UCLA grad student blames politicians for crime spike
Brianna Kupfer, 24, was stabbed to death during a random daytime attack while working at a luxury furniture store in Los Angeles

Rebecca Rosenberg By Rebecca Rosenberg | Fox News
The shattered father of a UCLA graduate student stabbed to death last week in a random daylight attack in Los Angeles blamed politicians for letting criminals run rampant.

"Crime is truly spiking, and we have a lot of criminals on the streets that shouldn’t be out," grieving father Todd Kupfer, 60, told Fox News.

His 24-year-old daughter, Brianna Kupfer, was murdered Thursday by a person who walked into Croft House, an upscale furniture store where she worked, and plunged a knife in her"We have a lot of politicians that somehow forgot about people and think the key to getting elected is to support the lowest rung of our society and to give them rights and somehow that’s the answer to getting votes," Kupfer said.

Brianna Kupfer was studying design at UCLA and had been working part-time for about a year as a consultant at Croft House on North La Brea Avenue.

"She was a kind soul and always was trying to make herself better and everything around her better," said Kupfer, fighting back tears. "She cared about people."

The slain woman loved to sew and made a lot of her own garments by hand.
She liked fun clothes and thought they said something about people's personalities," he said. "She wanted to create a clothing line."

Brianna Kupfer graduated from the University of Miami before returning to California to pursue a degree at UCLA.

"She was the kind of person we need on this Earth," her dad said. "She was strong and vivacious."

Kupfer grew up in the Pacific Palisades – about 3 miles north of Santa Monica – where she lived with her father, her mother Lori, her little sister Mikaela and her brothers Tucker and Brandon.

Mikaela, 21, is gutted by her sister's sudden and violent death, the father said. "They were best friends," Kupfer told Fox News. "She is not doing well. She's completely broken."

Todd Kupfer said his daughter was an avid reader who "wasn't glued to her phone" like many young people. She had traveled extensively – including jaunts to Australia, Indonesia, Thailand and Europe – but had more far-flung destinations she couldn't wait to explore.
For no reason, he stabbed her to death then fled out the backdoor into a rear alley, according to the Los Angeles Police Department. Surveillance video captured him calmly strolling down the alley toward Oakwood Avenue.A customer entered the store 20 minutes later and found Brianna Kupfer dead, lying in a pool of blood, police said.

Kupfer was alone in the store, which was unusual, her dad said. Usually, there were two employees present during business hours.

LA COUNTY DA GASCON'S PROSECUTORS ASK JUDGE TO BLOCK REFORMS THAT WOULD FORCE THEM TO 'VIOLATE THE LAW'

Police Monday declined to comment on the progress of the investigation, and Todd Kupfer said he had not received any recent updates from detectives.

"The suspect is described as a male Black, unknown age, tall, thin, wearing a dark hoodie, sunglasses, a white N-95 mask, dark skinny jeans, dark shoes and carrying a dark backpack," the LAPD wrote in a press release Friday. The assailant is believed to be homeless.
Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón, a Democrat, won over voters last year with promises of sweeping criminal justice reforms that critics say put the interests of criminals before the safety of the community.

"We can't afford to have the good constantly knocked down by the bad," Todd Kupfer said.

"We need to champion [my daughter] as a beacon of what's wrong and make sure that people recognize that – because it could be their children next, and it's just an impossible price to pay," he said.

The murder rate in Los Angeles has soared in recent years and violent crime has rocked even the city's wealthiest enclaves.

Legend
Legend
It is very sad what this father is going through.

I have heard of "A Chicken for Every Pot" and "Make America Great Again" but the progressive dems seem to have a slogan of "A Felon For Every Neighborhood".

Shame!

1 member likes this: EveDawg
B
Legend
Legend
B
I just saw something on television that LA murders are up 94%. It isn't a policing problem. This cat has all sorts of violence on his record.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Dad is going through it so I can’t blame him for feeling that way.

That being said, crime can be high at any point in history, even under conservative policies.

Those weren’t liberals hanging black men from trees, after all. Or burning witches.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Oh yea, crime was high under Nixon and Ford. Both conservatives.

This idea that liberal or conservative policies directly lead to crime spikes is pretty simplistic.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
It ain't about libs or these rando crimes, bro. They're just laying the groundwork to justify overthrowing our democracy to build their version of New Gilead.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Still off the meds I see.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Learn your place, Martha.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Or you can learn yours.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Deep. I can see how much thought you put into it. Enjoy your new role as second class cog in the wheel under a Trumpian flag. Chattel.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Better than your role as over dramatic troll spewing hyperbole and nonsense. If you actually believe anything you post then you need to be locked up.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Your opinion won't matter in New Gilead either, Martha.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I can see you becoming a mass shooter. Your brain is that screwed up.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Hardly. But I'm sure you know a lot more than me about those people.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I know you threaten violence on the regular and post in a mentally crazy way.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
You know nothing.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Those Democratic District Attorneys soft on crime policies just ain't working!!! And, how is that raising the limit on amount of $ stolen before it becomes a felony working? Ain't working either. Just like the failed President's policies. Inflation skyrocketing out of control, border in crisis, Russia ready to invade Ukraine. Sad, Very Sad!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
M
Legend
Legend
M
Funny.

Violent crimes and murders up 30% all across the USA under Trump in one year. The largest yearly increase since 1905 .... didn't hear a single peep out of all you Trumpian Stooges then did we? I guess you weren't instructed to make that a talking point by your media at the time?

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...out-the-increase-in-u-s-murders-in-2020/

Last edited by mgh888; 01/21/22 09:13 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
Funny.

Violent crimes and murders up 30% all across the USA under Trump in one year. The largest yearly increase since 1905 .... didn't hear a single peep out of all you Trumpian Stooges then did we? I guess you weren't instructed to make that a talking point by your media at the time?

How is "blah, blah, Donnie, back then, blah, Trumpians, blah, no one said anything" always seen as some acceptable excuse for what is going on right now??

Does that make any sense?

Last edited by FATE; 01/21/22 12:08 PM. Reason: Edit to add important key words, can't make excuses without those...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Those Democratic District Attorneys soft on crime policies just ain't working!!! And, how is that raising the limit on amount of $ stolen before it becomes a felony working? Ain't working either. Just like the failed President's policies. Inflation skyrocketing out of control, border in crisis, Russia ready to invade Ukraine. Sad, Very Sad!

Good thing none of this was happening when Republicans were in power......

Homicides increased by 25% but overall crime rate fell in 2020

https://usafacts.org/articles/homicides-increased-by-25-but-overall-crime-rate-fell-in-2020/

And it's great that it only happens in those big, liberal cities......

In Rural America, Violent Crime Reaches Highest Level in a Decade

https://www.governing.com/archive/gov-crime-rural-urban-cities.html

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
Funny.

How is "blah, blah, Donnie, back then, blah, Trumpians, blah, no one said anything" always seen as some acceptable excuse for what is going on right now??

If you read that I was suggesting it was acceptable, I was not.

We have posters suggesting these spikes in crime are 100% the result and fault of one side of the political spectrum - they are not. I proved some independent research that backs that up.

Maybe take up your point with the original poster and all those that have used this as a talking point to try and blame only one side.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It makes sense for anyone who thinks about it. It shows the total double standard and hypocrisy of what you're doing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It makes sense for anyone who thinks about it. It shows the total double standard and hypocrisy of what you're doing.
Classic Pit response.

I point out the double standard and hypocrisy...

I'm the hypocrite!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Funny.

If you read that I was suggesting it was acceptable, I was not.

We have posters suggesting these spikes in crime are 100% the result and fault of one side of the political spectrum - they are not. I proved some independent research that backs that up.

Maybe take up your point with the original poster and all those that have used this as a talking point to try and blame only one side.
You're correct, they never are the fault of one side.

Why are we, as intelligent adults, 20 years deep in a cycle where we seem adverse to holding any current leader responsible if they're on "our side". Both sides just shout and scream that every problem is because of previous leadership. It's juvenile.

As far as how that translates to a message board, I read what you posted. "... didn't hear a single peep out of all you Trumpian Stooges then did we?". Well, let's see, are you calling out Biden because crime is out of control now?

If you're not, aren't you the same exact person as those you are calling names, just at a different part of the "wash, rinse, repeat" cycle?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Well it's happening under all of them - none of them are fixing it so that is a problem that both sides own. The reality is that to fix many of the things that are issues in the USA and to actually address root cause and make change for the better - for future generations - it would take a commitment and money and a time frame that neither party has any interest in promoting or undertaking. jmo.

Legend
Legend
So anyways, can we talk about the bigger issue here that clearly goes well beyond politics?

What the hell is going on with American males right now? All these dudes, regardless of demographic, seem to be commuting more violence against women every year. This crap is disgusting. There was this dude who raped a girl, and the freaking judge was like “he was in jail long enough” he shouldn’t suffer or something like that.

Like damn screw the girl he violated. We gotta give these boys a second chance!

These weak ass boys being raised by weak males -or no males at all - is pathetic.

I say males cause you can be a male but not a man. It ain’t the same.

- Theodore Roosevelt
3 members like this: dawglover05, FATE, EveDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
It is typical. Something that's been a problem for a long time is never brought up by you until a democrat is in power. Otherwise you ignore it. It is typical that you only talk about urban areas when the problem is not confined to urban areas. You concentrate on who and where you want to attack and ignore it when those are in power you have no interest in attacking. Very typical.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It is typical. Something that's been a problem for a long time is never brought up by you until a democrat is in power. Otherwise you ignore it. It is typical that you only talk about urban areas when the problem is not confined to urban areas. You concentrate on who and where you want to attack and ignore it when those are in power you have no interest in attacking. Very typical.
Yep.
LIE.
LIE.
Have never said a single word comparing urban areas. OUTRIGHT LIE.
LIE AGAIN.

Yes, very typical... of nearly every post you make here! Time to move the goalposts, Charlie Brown.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sorry your vision is so impaired Mr. Magoo.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-kate-brown-clemency-push-violent-crime

Another example of Progressive policies that are bad for the Country. Soft on crime. Soft on criminals. And they wonder why the spike in crime is happening.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Damn, Fox News must have a room full of GOPer nerds scouring news stories across the country for crap they can twist into a radical alt-right Q-friendly talking point for their minions to piss and moan about.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Suspect arrested after deputy found shot dead in her burning home, Tennessee cops say

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article257654778.html#storylink=cpy

All these damned murdering rural people! It has to be the Republican'ts running these places that are to blame?

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Suspect arrested after deputy found shot dead in her burning home, Tennessee cops say

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article257654778.html#storylink=cpy

All these damned murdering rural people! It has to be the Republican'ts running these places that are to blame?

Did the Republican Governor let the violent criminal out of jail like Oregon's Democratic Governor is doing? Did a Republican District Attorney let him walk with low bail? I think the answer is no! Victims have rights! Criminals should not!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Do you mean like this?

How former Kentucky Gov. Bevin’s pardons are affecting those convicted and the victims’ families

Bevin pardoned and commuted the sentence of Patrick Baker, who convicted of reckless homicide in 2017.

The Courier Journal reported that Baker’s family had held a fundraiser and donated to Bevin’s gubernatorial campaigns. Baker served two years of a 19-year sentence, while his co-defendants are still in prison, the newspaper reported.

Criticism over pardons for violent offenses

Others raised concerns over the pardons and commutations for people convicted for violent offenses – including cases of murder and rape.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell called Bevin’s pardons “completely inappropriate,” according to CNN affiliate WKYT.

“I expect (Bevin) had the power to do it, but looking at the examples of people who were incarcerated as a result of heinous crimes — no, I don’t approve of it,” the Kentucky Republican said, WKYT reported.

One such pardon that made headlines was for Delmar Partin, who was found guilty in 1994 in the death of Betty Carnes. In September 1993, Carnes disappeared from her job site at a manufacturing plant and her decapitated body was found in a barrel in the plant lab a day later, according to court documents.

Bevin wrote in his executive order that he’s pardoning Partin “given the inability or unwillingness of the state to use existing DNA evidence to either affirm or disprove this conviction.”

He commuted Partin’s sentence from life to time served.

Bill Johnson, who was the lead defense attorney at Partin’s 1994 trial, told CNN he was “delighted” to hear that Partin was pardoned because he had “always felt that there was certainly more than a reasonable doubt as to whether” Partin committed the offense. Johnson said he kept in contact with Partin over the years – though he has not spoken to him since the pardon – and said Partin didn’t cause any trouble in prison. He also said a weapon was not found at the time of the trial and there was no evidence of blood on Partin’s clothes despite the gruesome nature of the Carnes’ death.

The former governor also pardoned and commuted the sentence of Micah Schoettle, convicted last year of raping a child and sentenced to 23 years in prison.

Prosecutor Rob Sanders of Kenton County told CNN on Friday that Schoettle, who is under his jurisdiction, was not in custody long enough to start sex offender treatment and argued that Schoettle’s release puts other children in the area at risk.

CNN has reached out to Schoettle’s attorney for comment.

Bevin on Twitter wrote “not one person receiving a pardon would I not welcome as a co-worker, neighbor, or to sit beside me or any member of my family in a church pew or at a public event.”

CNN has reached out to Bevin and has not heard back.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/19/politics/kentucky-pardons-matt-bevin/index.html

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Do you mean like this?

How former Kentucky Gov. Bevin’s pardons are affecting those convicted and the victims’ families

Bevin pardoned and commuted the sentence of Patrick Baker, who convicted of reckless homicide in 2017.

The Courier Journal reported that Baker’s family had held a fundraiser and donated to Bevin’s gubernatorial campaigns. Baker served two years of a 19-year sentence, while his co-defendants are still in prison, the newspaper reported.

Criticism over pardons for violent offenses

Others raised concerns over the pardons and commutations for people convicted for violent offenses – including cases of murder and rape.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell called Bevin’s pardons “completely inappropriate,” according to CNN affiliate WKYT.

“I expect (Bevin) had the power to do it, but looking at the examples of people who were incarcerated as a result of heinous crimes — no, I don’t approve of it,” the Kentucky Republican said, WKYT reported.

One such pardon that made headlines was for Delmar Partin, who was found guilty in 1994 in the death of Betty Carnes. In September 1993, Carnes disappeared from her job site at a manufacturing plant and her decapitated body was found in a barrel in the plant lab a day later, according to court documents.

Bevin wrote in his executive order that he’s pardoning Partin “given the inability or unwillingness of the state to use existing DNA evidence to either affirm or disprove this conviction.”

He commuted Partin’s sentence from life to time served.

Bill Johnson, who was the lead defense attorney at Partin’s 1994 trial, told CNN he was “delighted” to hear that Partin was pardoned because he had “always felt that there was certainly more than a reasonable doubt as to whether” Partin committed the offense. Johnson said he kept in contact with Partin over the years – though he has not spoken to him since the pardon – and said Partin didn’t cause any trouble in prison. He also said a weapon was not found at the time of the trial and there was no evidence of blood on Partin’s clothes despite the gruesome nature of the Carnes’ death.

The former governor also pardoned and commuted the sentence of Micah Schoettle, convicted last year of raping a child and sentenced to 23 years in prison.

Prosecutor Rob Sanders of Kenton County told CNN on Friday that Schoettle, who is under his jurisdiction, was not in custody long enough to start sex offender treatment and argued that Schoettle’s release puts other children in the area at risk.

CNN has reached out to Schoettle’s attorney for comment.

Bevin on Twitter wrote “not one person receiving a pardon would I not welcome as a co-worker, neighbor, or to sit beside me or any member of my family in a church pew or at a public event.”

CNN has reached out to Bevin and has not heard back.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/19/politics/kentucky-pardons-matt-bevin/index.html

There is a reason that he is no longer Governor of Kentucky. I know he was not well liked when he was in office there.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So the fact that he is a Republican and he was their elected governor doesn't mean anything? You asked about a Republican governor letting violent criminals out of jail so I showed you one. And your answer is "But he wasn't popular"? It's politics man. Both sides do the same thing. Stop pretending and pointing the fingers for the same things your side does. Be honest and admit that both parties suck.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Sticking your head in the sand.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, you too won't admit that Republicans do it too. Even when the evidence is put right in front of your face. I've shown where the crime rates are high in rural America and getting higher and some rural areas even rate in the top 10 in violent crime per capita in the country. That doesn't make any difference to you either. Then you claim I'm the one who has their head buried in the sand.

You refuse to see this is a national problem in both Democrat and republican controlled parts of the country. That's why we will never solve the crime problem. Because people such as yourself are too busy trying to point blame than admit it's a national problem.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Sticking your head in the sand.

I think any pro-Trumper spamming the boards about how this is a Dem/Liberal issue .... they would be the one's with their head's in the sand. Or up their asses to be more accurate.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Think what you want. The fact is crime has spiraled out of control under democrat rule.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Day of the Dawg
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Father of slain UCLA grad-student blames liberal politicians for crime spike

Link Copied to Clipboard