Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
That last play from jimmy g gave me flashbacks of Brandon weeden flipping the ball out that ended up getting picked.

So now when I think of jimmy g, I think of weeden. I hope to god we don’t trade for this dude.

He's in the last year of his contract in 2022 with a salary of $24 million. If we were dumb enough to trade for THAT, we deserve to sit home *every* January.

Side Note: Since The Return in 1999, New England has won NINE (9) AFC Championships; nearly half. Of the remainder, the AFC North has now won FIVE and the piddling remainder is sprinkled around with other teams here and there.

Is there any doubt about how difficult the AFC North is/has been?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Side Note: Since The Return in 1999, New England has won NINE (9) AFC Championships; nearly half. Of the remainder, the AFC North has now won FIVE and the piddling remainder is sprinkled around with other teams here and there.

Brutal. Steelers, Ravens and Bengals could all have Lombardi trophies by end of this Super Bowl.

Even more brutal....since the AFCN was formed in 2002 here is the number of division titles:

Steelers: 9

Ravens: 6

Bengals: 5

Browns: 0

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Brutal. Steelers, Ravens and Bengals could all have Lombardi trophies by end of this Super Bowl.

Even more brutal....since the AFCN was formed in 2002 here is the number of division titles:

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Milk Man

We are what we are, until we become something else. Moral victories, almost wins, could have won, should have won ... means nothing.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yesterday was difficult for me. We insisted on some of our losses. Just do not feel the winners are worlds above and beyond us.
Can't fix stupid (at least, we didn't). Regardless of who is brought in, finishes therapy, is drafted, and so on, the whole shooting match runs through the sideline. The winners did things we don't do, and the losers did. Our games run through those filters. We have need of improving our game planning and insist on better judgment in my opinion. I didn't see us realizing real advantages and outcomes in our games as called. Woods got a little better. We couldn't put enough points up for these last teams. If I am to keep the faith for next year, some things need to be better, different, improved. No faith let in this group/

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by leadtheway
If this weekend has showed us anything, you need a franchise QB, a top tier WR, and a kicker. We currently have none of those
Teams need more than one WR!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
Yesterday was difficult for me. We insisted on some of our losses. Just do not feel the winners are worlds above and beyond us.
Can't fix stupid (at least, we didn't). Regardless of who is brought in, finishes therapy, is drafted, and so on, the whole shooting match runs through the sideline. The winners did things we don't do, and the losers did. Our games run through those filters. We have need of improving our game planning and insist on better judgment in my opinion. I didn't see us realizing real advantages and outcomes in our games as called. Woods got a little better. We couldn't put enough points up for these last teams. If I am to keep the faith for next year, some things need to be better, different, improved. No faith let in this group/

I don't disagree that has something to do with it, but if we are honest, the QB play we have seen isn't near what is showing up this post season in the AFC.

Maybe it had something to do with Bakers injury, or maybe it just had to do with Baker. As others have said, across the board we are probably better than Cincy, except at QB.

That says something.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
If this weekend has showed us anything, you need a franchise QB, a top tier WR, and a kicker. We currently have none of those

The one quote I heard from one of the announcers resonated: "a team is only as good as its 3rd receiver".

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted by THROW LONG

The one quote I heard from one of the announcers resonated: "a team is only as good as its 3rd receiver".

Well we had three of them LOL

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
I still consider them an okay team, but not a juggernaut like the perfect Dolphins or toughest SB teams in the dynasty category. I feel like other teams had real opportunities for wins. But they made the most(or at least enough) of what they had, and fixed stuff and improved enough to win. By comparison, I can't say that about us. We wasted some talent, and we limited ourselves on both sides of the ball. Seemed like to win, we effectively needed to "carry" BM and Ski. Our second half play was not what you saw in these conference games. I agree with all of it. Hats off to Burrow's ability to make those around him better. We have a fail on that this year.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
B
Legend
Legend
B
No doubt they aren't a great team, but they got there.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I don't disagree that has something to do with it, but if we are honest, the QB play we have seen isn't near what is showing up this post season in the AFC.

Maybe it had something to do with Bakers injury, or maybe it just had to do with Baker. As others have said, across the board we are probably better than Cincy, except at QB.
And Coach

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg

That says something.
I'd look a little deeper and see where those QBs were throwing as well.

Here are the "go-to" WRs from the Final Four:

Cooper Kupp

Ja'Marr Chase

Tyreek Hill

Deebo Samuel

That's over 6000 YARDS.

That's also four of the top seven in the league.

1 member likes this: AZBrown
B
Legend
Legend
B
No doubt good receivers.

For what it is worth, I don't think OBJ and Jarvis are bad receivers. I don't think DPJ is a bad receiver.

My point is I don't think bringing in Jamar Chase or Tyreek Hill would have as much of a impact on this O, as it stands today. Based on this year, I don't think baker could hit them enough, or Stefanski wouldn't use them enough to put up huge numbers.

My feeling is if Chase was on the team last year, he would have caught maybe 40 balls for maybe 450 yards.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Since I despise the BenGALS and OBJ, I hope the Super Bowl goes into a continuous overtime loop.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I looked for the Browns game on Sunday and couldn't find it . So many people saying the Browns were going to the SB I figured I would watch them win a Conference title. All I saw was similar colors but no Browns team.

Did I miss something ? What happened ? Hmmm !

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
I looked for the Browns game on Sunday and couldn't find it . So many people saying the Browns were going to the SB I figured I would watch them win a Conference title. All I saw was similar colors but no Browns team.

We would have been there if not for those meddling analytics dudes!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by FATE

Like a bud light commercial ? Off with their heads !!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE

Like a bud light commercial ? Off with their heads !!
Real American heroes... Mr. Slide-rule-season-messer-up-nerd-boy!

1 member likes this: oobernoober
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
lol !!

D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I was partial to Mr. Basketball Court Sweat Wiper Upper.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Since I have $300 on the Rams at 14/1 from Last February, I am rooting Rams smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I only disagree with 1 stat in that last line. I think he would've had much more yards.

I'm remembering back to a snippet from either an article or a PC where a first-year Stefanski mentioned that OBJ wouldn't get so many targets, but would get more yards and even TDs. He was trying to sell OBJ on the concept of not so many looks, but when he did get looks they'd be for big plays. I think the first few games of the season bear that out (lots of running and TE looks to set up the big play).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I can't see Cintucky's OL keeping the Rams DL off of Burrow and that will be the difference ... RAMS 31 Bungals 21

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
I can't see Cintucky's OL keeping the Rams DL off of Burrow and that will be the difference ... RAMS 31 Bungals 21
If oline was every thing the Browns would be in the Super Bowl

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Since I despise the BenGALS and OBJ, I hope the Super Bowl goes into a continuous overtime loop.
Well, Because we are Browns' Fans,
and the Universe hates the Browns... we know,

The whole game is going to come down to a question of if it's a catch, by OBJ in the end zone, and either way the call comes out, one of those two is going to end up winning.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Just turned on the Pro Bowl. They're playing two-hand touch. Myles scored a def TD, yippie.

L
Legend
Legend
L
The probowl game needs to die.. I rather them just do a bunch of skills competitions. Something that you can compete against others at your position at.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
We were driving home when the wife asks if I recorded the Pro Bowl. I told her I don't really watch it anymore, she seemed really surprised. I told her it's not really football and I would rather watch some kids in a pick-up game.

She asks if I want to know the final score...

"Nope, let me guess it."

"Winning team had 42", she responds with "41".

"Losing team had 35."

"Now, how the heck would you know that??"

"Pretty sure that's the score every year" lol.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season NFL 2021 Post Season Conference Championship games thread

Link Copied to Clipboard