Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
1 member likes this: Day of the Dawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Did he record this supposed extra money on his taxes? His tax returns will prove it. If he got the extra (same for Flores), it will be shown on the returns

Flores has already stated in his lawsuit that Ross offered the $100k per loss during a meeting Ross held on his yacht and Flores got up and left the meeting.

If Hue did get money his taxes wouldn't necessarily prove that the money was given as direct payment for being paid to tank. It's not like there would be a note on the check that states: Tanking Bonus

The burden of proof is on Hue to provide eveidence. I can't imagine his attorney advising him it's wise to make such accusations, in which Hue himself would be complicit in, and go on national tv to talk about it. Nobody steps on their own testicles quite like Hue.

Legend
Legend
I said it before, I'll say it again. His salary is known/was known.

Did he record this supposed extra money on his taxes? His tax returns will prove it. If he got the extra (same for Flores), it will be shown on the returns.

If he,and Flores, got the money, but didn't report it or pay taxes on it, they are in tax trouble.

It's a relatively easy figure out. I highly doubt the Dolphins owner was tossing $100,000 in cash to Flores for each loss. As such, proof should be relatively easy to access.

To clarify, Flores said he was offered the money to lose and refused.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1923391 02/02/22 10:03 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jfanent
I said it before, I'll say it again. His salary is known/was known.

Did he record this supposed extra money on his taxes? His tax returns will prove it. If he got the extra (same for Flores), it will be shown on the returns.

If he,and Flores, got the money, but didn't report it or pay taxes on it, they are in tax trouble.

It's a relatively easy figure out. I highly doubt the Dolphins owner was tossing $100,000 in cash to Flores for each loss. As such, proof should be relatively easy to access.

To clarify, Flores said he was offered the money to lose and refused.

which means, he was fired because he was not following the rebuild plan.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...er-loss-tanking-offer-owner-stephen-ross

"there were certainly some strained relationships, and ultimately, I think that was my demise in Miami."

So, he was fired because he didn't want to follow the company directive to rebuild.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
bonefish #1923396 02/02/22 10:25 PM
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Hue Jackson is an egotistical liar who cannot keep his lies straight at this point.

He has said multiple times in the past that no one told him the Browns were going to tank when he was hired; now, he says the showed him the 4-year plan that showed the would be bad for the first 2 years and he "didn't understand" it? Which is it Hue?

He is also on record saying that he had bad players on his team, but (and I quote) "I was expected to win." Which is it Hue? Were you paid to lose, or expected to win?

His statements have no bearing on Flores' case. Entirely different situation. Hue was not paid to throw games, period. Why would you throw games for draft position when you are 0-16 and the next worst team is 3-13? Does that make any sense?

Another thing - if you have actual evidence for a lawsuit, you don't post on Twitter and tell the person to "DM" you. Your lawyers get in contact with their lawyers, end of story. This is just one big publicity stunt for Hue, probably to promote his book. And that's a shame, because it's taking away from what Flores is trying to do.

3 members like this: mgh888, FATE, EveDawg
bonefish #1923400 02/02/22 10:48 PM
Legend
Legend
If Hue has proof then produce it..... if it's true then I'm pissed we intentionally tanked for one play off win (so far)... if it's false (which I believe) then Hue needs to shut the hell up and never be allowed in the NFL again...

I do think Flores has a legit beef... if he got a (mistaken) text from BB congratulating him (Bryan Daboli) on the job before his interview, that's shady as hell

<><

#gmstrong
dawg66 #1923418 02/03/22 12:51 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by dawg66
Hue Jackson rofl rofl rofl rofl

Dude you just told everyone a while back that the Browns deceived you when they hired you because they never told you that they were rebuilding now you're trying to tell us that the Browns offered you incentives lose. Which is it?!?! Somebody check and see if Hue's pants are on fire.

This is my recollection as well. Hue was disappointed specifically when Haden was let go.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

bonefish #1923429 02/03/22 09:32 AM
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
We all knew indi sucked for Luck

I do think the story about exec`s were drinking the night before an interview was lame....

Last edited by lionchamp29; 02/03/22 09:32 AM.

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
bonefish #1923432 02/03/22 09:39 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
As you age it is natural to become cynical.

Over time you get beat down with hypocrisy.

The NFL is full of it.

Robert Kraft. Daniel Synder. Haslam.

These guys were caught. How fast it all disappeared.

This guy Ross. Of course he was tampering. Of course he offered to pay Flores to tank. I have no doubt.

So you know this?

As for Hue, he is doing his best to place blame on other people for his failed head coaching.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
bonefish #1923453 02/03/22 12:06 PM
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
J/C

Just a few thoughts (not sure I know the answers).

1. Wouldn't it have made more sense for Flores to wait until all the current positions were filled and see if he got one of them before filing this suit? If he gets one, he could keep this in his hip pocket until a later time.

2. If he was offered $100,000 for losses in Miami and was so appalled, why not resign on the spot and blow the whistle then? Why work for this type of person/organization? Did he sacrifice his principles for the chance to be a head coach? If so, how strong are those principles?

3. If you were one of the teams still deciding on your head coach at this point and were leaning toward offering to Flores, would you still do it? Would it be seen as, "Oh sure, you're just hiring him because of the lawsuit"?

4. At some point might Belichick be subpoenaed to testify as to how he supposedly knew that Daboll was getting the job even before the Flores interview. That could be interesting for sure.

Again, just some thoughts that rolled into my head over the past few days.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
bonefish #1923458 02/03/22 12:19 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm really not sure what to think about all this, because the heart of the 2 accusations (the way I see it) are two pretty much accepted and joked about truths about the league. We've been joking about "suck for Luck/tank for Teddy" for years. We've been discussing how the Rooney Rule is a joke for years. IIRC, a team once interviewed a coordinator that had just been let go from the same team (he was a minority). Some teams are really not subtle about their blasé approach to the rule.

Hue and Co. would have to have some pretty damning documented evidence, because the things we already know about "The Plan" in years 1 and 2 are things that had been pretty much common practice. Further, the NFL has kept pretty close tabs on this stuff (I'm reminded of the Brock Osweiler trade and the swift rule change that came after it).

If nothing else, the NFL will 'protect the shield' and make this go away.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: FATE
Ballpeen #1923462 02/03/22 12:28 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Of course I don't know it.

But hell yes I believe it.

Hue is a stollie. He knew the plan. The Browns had no choice. They were going no where with the roster.

Made perfect sense to get rid of contracts of vets. Go young. Acquire draft capital. Get way under cap.

Teams rebuild. No mystery there.

Flores is totally different. Ross was trying to get Watson. Then that falls through and he says the organization is behind Tua.

As an owner if you look at the team and say the ceiling is 5-8 games. Of course they will look at the draft. If they see a qb who is all that and they want the guy. Is there conversations about "we may be better off losing." Highly likely.

You would think that Ross would be smart enough to not get caught. So does Flores have proof? I don't know.

bonefish #1923500 02/03/22 03:41 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Jason Lloyd
@ByJasonLloyd
Brian Flores’ suit names a number of minority coaches who have been ignored or not given a fair chance at head coaching jobs. One name he didn’t include? Hue Jackson.
Hue and his team want to be part of Flores’ suit. But he proved yet again he has no case

https://twitter.com/ByJasonLloyd/status/1489311895836311558

A snippet from Jason Lloyd's article in The Athletic....

Hue Jackson brought a crowbar and bullhorn to a conversation he wasn’t invited to and yet again tried convincing the world how badly he was wronged by the Cleveland Browns.

This time, he insisted, he has the receipts. He can help Brian Flores’ case. But given the opportunity to show his hand Wednesday, Jackson instead revealed a 2-7 offsuit.

As with most of the rest of his career, Hue Jackson is bluffing.

..... Jackson, 56, insisted Wednesday he didn’t know what he was getting into when, in fact, he knew exactly what he was getting into because the Browns laid it out for him. There were no surprises or trap doors. There was no expectation to win during his first two years in charge. He knew that when he signed his four-year contract. A source with knowledge of the deal said there were no bonuses tied to winning — or losing — during the first two years.

.... When Jackson complained the Browns were destroying his career following a 1-31 record in his first two seasons, Haslam acquiesced and tacked a fifth year onto the back end of the deal, according to the source.

This wasn’t a team setting up a Black coach to fail, as Jackson is trying to convince us to believe. This was a team giving an extra year of security to a coach who hadn’t earned it. The Browns never went public with the extension because of how outrageous it would’ve appeared given his record.

.....In Flores’ 58-page complaint filed this week, his attorneys went into great detail singling out qualified minorities who were either passed over for head coaching opportunities or not given enough time to complete the job. Guys with legitimate complaints such as Wilks, Jim Caldwell, David Culley, Kris Richard, Teryl Austin and Eric Bieniemy.

One name that isn’t listed?

Hue Jackson.

bonefish #1923502 02/03/22 04:03 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
I had no idea of the race of the Former Dolphins Head coach before this lawsuit. Did it matter?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
bonefish #1923516 02/03/22 06:26 PM
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
he was told to talk Brady to come to Miami. He was told to lose games for better draft picks....he didn`t lose enough so he defied his boss...

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Hue Jackson is an egotistical liar who cannot keep his lies straight at this point.

He has said multiple times in the past that no one told him the Browns were going to tank when he was hired; now, he says the showed him the 4-year plan that showed the would be bad for the first 2 years and he "didn't understand" it? Which is it Hue?

He is also on record saying that he had bad players on his team, but (and I quote) "I was expected to win." Which is it Hue? Were you paid to lose, or expected to win?

His statements have no bearing on Flores' case. Entirely different situation. Hue was not paid to throw games, period. Why would you throw games for draft position when you are 0-16 and the next worst team is 3-13? Does that make any sense?

Another thing - if you have actual evidence for a lawsuit, you don't post on Twitter and tell the person to "DM" you. Your lawyers get in contact with their lawyers, end of story. This is just one big publicity stunt for Hue, probably to promote his book. And that's a shame, because it's taking away from what Flores is trying to do.

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

No Craps Given
EveDawg #1923539 02/04/22 01:04 AM
Legend
Legend
I like this one better.

[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: jfanent
Clemdawg #1923545 02/04/22 08:33 AM
Legend
Legend
One of my favorite Browns memories. Somebody, I think it was Jabrill Peppers said, "He could have gained more yards, but it was the proper move".

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
A more full quote:

Tackles are tackles.
jaybird #1923549 02/04/22 09:42 AM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by jaybird
I do think Flores has a legit beef... if he got a (mistaken) text from BB congratulating him (Bryan Daboli) on the job before his interview, that's shady as hell
... and 2ndly, Why do we have 2 issues, (I said after reading the part I just deleted and is not included in the above quote, sigh)
1. Flores and He has a legit beef?
2. Anyone was paid to lose, (totally separate, whether it was Flores or Hue Jackson, or neither or both, it just detracts from the main issue.

OK, it wasn't this message board, but a podcast on the subject I listened to get the news story, on the subject of, What is the lawsuit trying for. What is the aim? What happened?. And one of the descriptions from that podcast made a statement that, Flores wants,
Flores wants more black, African American people in influence of hiring and firing, in the NFL, ... (i'll guess, because he didn't get the job.)
So! To that point!

"Quote=jaybird " I do think Flores has a legit beef..." (me, Does Flores' have a Legit beef? maybe, lets look.)

NFL Owners, are (in large part) a bunch of old rich multi-millionaire, today billionaires, and historically, (say 1960s- on) were a bunch of old white men, kine of like an " Old boys club".
... I've lost all interest in making this point in this reply...

... Flores thinks White old boys club, can't possibly give black applicants a fair shake, (even though they instilled the racist Rooney rule, which gives preferential treatment to make sure black appplicants are interviewed before a white applicant can be hired, as we know, putting whites 2nd, which is why I call it racist)

The question is if only one race, or only the same race, or if someone from the white race, or if someone from an opposite race is "Capable" of giving an impartial not-racist consideration of applicants, (multiple) in regards to hiring a (coach at this point).

Flores argument, if his lawsuit, as I heard from some podcast is asking that blacks be involved in the hiring decisions, Which means?
That would ASSUME, presume, that NO, no one is physically capable of making a non racist hire. No one on earth apparently, because it's legality, and if arguing a "law" it's arguing no one on earth.

Flores, in a sense, is arguing (if I heard right), that the only way black applicants can get a fair shake, is to set up their own Black "old boys club" and then that way, he could get hired.

So, IN my brain. ( And I don't care how much, I mean feel free, to explain all the ways I'm not understanding this)
IN my Brain, I think, that, objectively
If the Old white men, old boys club, is inherently incapable of ever hiring a black coach, ( but there's been many and they made the rooney rule)
That as a lawsuit, the desire to set up an Old black men, old boys club to have control over hirings, is not going to be any more capable of making a (non racist hiring).

Because it is assuming, by way of what it is asking, that a fix to a perceived lack of (numerical, numbers) of black Coaches, is to install black ... (Owners?, decision makers in the hiring process.)
AS IF!!!
AS IF! To say, that only black hirers, can hire black applicants!
And therefore assume, black hirers would (because of race) hire black applicants. < Which is also racist.

End point, The Asking! that only black hirers, (A new old boys club of black hirers) who would inherently (by assumption of the lawsuits' argument) hire blacks on the basis of race.
is Not only
Is not only, calling all of the old boys club (of current hirers,) racist, and incapable of hiring impartially, BUT!!!
a demand to set up, A COUNTER, also racist, or this time assuredly- or for the purpose of to be racist, in the hiring (New old boys club of black hirers)
Because the whole premise of asking that black people be involved in hiring is an assumption that nobody can make an impartial hire
and black hirers would racistly hire blacks on the basis of their race.

Well. I think impartiality is the goal.
How can this be fair to Brian Daboll, if he is not given a fair shake?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Clemdawg #1923561 02/04/22 10:52 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Randall highlights also kind make me a little sad.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
bonefish #1923562 02/04/22 10:53 AM
Legend
Legend
just here to say i love haslam blasting hue jackson. i cant believe dude tried to hope on this train.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
A more full quote:

Brutalized is an accurate description. Haslam left out all the fluff and just stuck with the white-hot truth.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: mgh888
Swish #1923570 02/04/22 12:07 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The Browns and Haslam actually have a proud history of minority hires.

Sashi Brown, Andrew Berry and Hue Jackson held the most important positions in the organization in 2016.

Hue Jackson is doing nothing more than trying to prove that his record in Cleveland was not on him.

He is right to a degree. The first two years the cupbard was bare, Clearly, the Browns were in full rebuild mode. Hue knew all that.

He also knew come year three that he had to win some games. He lost the team. Hard Knocks was an exposure.

He has nothing on Haslam.

Water over the bridge.

3 members like this: bugs, ScottPlayersFacemask, mgh888
bonefish #1923572 02/04/22 12:20 PM
Legend
Legend
Conversely, the dramatic turnaround once Hue was fired shows that if we had had pretty much ANY other NFL Head Coach in NFL history, we would have been better than 1-31 and likely would not have gone 0-16.

Hue's ego just cannot fathom absorbing the indisputable FACT that he is literally the WORST Head Coach in NFL history.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: jfanent, mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
And in Haslem's quote he should have used the specific example of hiring Hue as a big part of his blame. He was the only one who wanted Hue when Sashi, Depo, et al. wanted Sean McDermott.

Ugh.

Tackles are tackles.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Well he was 8-8 with the Raiders. Ever see, Richie Kotite? Dave Shula? .. Well. I remember an occasion where I watched the Bengals under Dave Shula, never cross midfield on Sunday Night Football iirc. I'm sticking up for Hue Jackson? Moving on.

bonefish #1923646 02/04/22 07:41 PM
Legend
Legend
This is great. Remember the folks saying Sashi was so incompetent, he'd never work in the NFL again? One person even had it in their sig. And then they said that Hue just needed better players, that it was Sashi's fault that we were 1-31.

Fast forward to 2022. Sashi's president of an NFL team while the only way Hue can sniff the NFL is to make up BS to jump onto a class action lawsuit.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1923649 02/04/22 08:02 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Who was that person?

bonefish #1923659 02/04/22 08:47 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
From what I saw of Hue's interview...here he was on a national interview, and not promoting his Grambling team by wearing any of their gear to promote the program.

That says it all to me...

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Ballpeen #1923704 02/05/22 09:31 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Pretty interesting back n forth with Benjamin Allbright, who is very much clued in to the NFL, especially the Broncos.....

The original tweet doesn't seem to be coming up so I'll type it in w/ a link.....

Be interesting to see if the Broncos, John Elway or Joe Ellis countersue Brian Flores for making up out of thin air that anyone was late to his 2019 HC interview, among other details.
https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1489780418371072000

There is far more tweets from him, responses yo questions, and you can check it out for yourselves. Allbright is clearly coming from the angle that Flores made the Broncos stuff up out of thin air.

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 02/05/22 09:45 AM.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
"And I have the documents to prove it," Jackson said.

Jackson was asked why he doesn't produce those documents if he has them.

"Those things will come to light at the right time," Jackson replied.

Lol, I'm howling. He's the NFL version of the pillow guy.

I still want to have Hue make a Cameo for me. His prices have gone from $40 to $70!

1 member likes this: cfrs15
C
Legend
Legend
C
Hue has always been a clown. Good to see nothing has changed.

jfanent #1923741 02/05/22 02:50 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's not what it said. But you do you. And the stalker can join you. Wait, he already did. After all these years somebody finally decided to give him another shot. It probably won't end any better than it did here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1923829 02/05/22 05:44 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
That's not what it said. But you do you. And the stalker can join you. Wait, he already did. After all these years somebody finally decided to give him another shot. It probably won't end any better than it did here.

If not, it was very close. I don't remember the exact verbage, but no goalposts were moved.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1923839 02/05/22 05:51 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sure they were. He couldn't get a job in the NFL at the time and that's what I said.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Milk Man #1923868 02/05/22 08:35 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Milk Man
"And I have the documents to prove it," Jackson said.

Jackson was asked why he doesn't produce those documents if he has them.

"Those things will come to light at the right time," Jackson replied.

Lol, I'm howling. He's the NFL version of the pillow guy.

I still want to have Hue make a Cameo for me. His prices have gone from $40 to $70!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...HhBQYkqAioIPvk28bVDk77u-GY-QTVLUJEmU_lHU

Hue Jackson says he wasn't paid to lose, suggests Browns situation had similarities to that of Brian Flores
Jackson coached the Browns from 2016-2018
By Tyler Sullivan

Amid Brian Flores' lawsuit against the NFL alleging racism in its hiring practices, the former Dolphins head coach claimed that Miami owner Stephen Ross offered to pay him $100,000 per loss during the 2019 season. One of the more viral reactions to that allegation made by Flores came from Hue Jackson. The former Browns coach suggested that he too was paid by Cleveland ownership to tank during his time with the team, which was later vehemently denied by owner Jimmy Haslam.

However, in a recent interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper, Jackson noted that he was not paid to lose games when he was head coach of the Browns.

"No, I was never offered money like Brian (Flores) had mentioned," Jackson said. "I think this is a totally different situation but has some similarities."

While there was no outright payout incentive for Jackson, he told Cooper there was a "plan" that benefited certain people when players didn't perform well.

"When you talk about incentivizing a four-year plan that led to the team not being able to play as well, that people benefited off of that -- that's different. But at the same time, it has some of the same similarities to it," said Jackson.

Jackson also told CNN that he had evidence to back up his claim that ownership intended to lose games and even said he brought that issue to Haslam in 2016.

"I was assured by Jimmy (Haslam) that things would change, and they would get things straight," Jackson said. "I told Jimmy that what he was doing was very destructive, to not do this because it's going to hurt my career and every other coach that worked with me and every player on the team. And I told him that it would hurt every Black coach that would follow me. And I have the documents to prove this."

When asked why he hasn't revealed those documents yet, Jackson said they "will come to light at the right time."

Jackson, who is now the head coach at Grambling State University, went 3-36-1 during his coaching tenure with the Browns, which included an 0-16 campaign during the 2017 season.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Jester #1923878 02/05/22 10:23 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
So, if I have this right, he makes statements. Has proof. Then walks it back and...........

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Brian Flores

Link Copied to Clipboard