Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
I was faced with nowhere to post my comments on the Miss Universe pageant, but that is not political and there are other events similar that often deserve addressing.
Miss Universe Pageant. December 2021.
Even in a short time of viewing, with a new eye to how this is an appreciation of all involved and should be celebrated. Just my observation opinion, but, All the Contestants were UGLY, Too skinny, Too Tall, too much carbon copies, BLEH, not a single cute face in the bunch.
spoilered because I'm sure nobody cares about my opinions of the Ms. Universe Pageant.

Other current events? Like the McRib being back? or Wendy's new fries. AHH! I could off on Wendy's new fries... (what if I had a taste for the old ones, now what do I do?)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Elon Musk named Time’s Person of the Year for 2021

A very smart fellow.

1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Winter

The Storm in the northeast, the winter storm is not unusual or excessive. 1-3 feet of Snow, to hit random parts of the northern United States is a common event, and everybody knows how to deal with it.

Some Winters are more mild, and some are a little more interesting.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
We're you around for the Blizzard of '78?

"too many notes, not enough music-"
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Can't confirm or deny my age it's a thing I'm purposefully inconsistent about.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Can't confirm or deny my age it's a thing I'm purposefully inconsistent about.
In other words... Yes.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
fair enough.
I respect privacy.

I only asked because there is a running thread about it. Folks have been sharing their '78 experiences, and I thought it would be cool to hear yours.

No problem.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
E
Legend
Legend
E

No Craps Given
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Why is this news column. Yesterday the local news included 30 seconds plus on a report from their Olympic correspondent, on his flight, his getting settled in to his accomodations in China, and well wishes. Everything but a picture of his luggage.

At the same time, subjects chosen to only be placed on the bottom of the screen scroll included. North Korea testing 6 missles this month. And a 9 car crash in North Las Vegas. and (would get later mention), 6 people effected and a whole hotel evacuated over carbon monoxide at the hotel pool in Marysville.

Betty White is going to get an hour long celebration special on network television. (She's not Martha Stewart, I say)
I don't know much about Betty White beyond a career in television. I don't think actors and actresses are the extremely most noble Americans which would inspire an hour long celebration? show on network T.V. Maybe I'll learn something.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Probably a Godless society, that has not been addressed with the 10 commandments, or taught the teachings of Paul from the Holy Bible.
The people at a buffet paid to get food, and the food was in front of them and then they aren't going to get to eat.
God help us, people need a right fear of the LORD to control base urges.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Or they could just act like civilized humans. God, or no God. Most atheists I know behave with more grace than many of the so called Christian’s in my life.
People just kinda suck. I don’t think going to church on Sundays is going to help most of them.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I hate to say it, but many people who call themselves Christians have no idea what that really means. Pretty much every denomination has allowed the message of the Bible to be watered down over the years, as they have sought approval from people instead of God. Too many people calling themselves Christians today think that God adapts to serve society, when it should be the other way around, and as such, many "Christians" live lives that are identical, or worse, than the worst pagan.

You are right that "going to church" doesn't help anyone. Trusting in the Lord, and repenting of your sins is what brings about regeneration, eternal life, and change in the life of a believer. Without these, going to church might as well be a day at the movies.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
gotta question, and its not meant to be inflammatory:

why didn't the bible include the earlier chapters of the bible? wouldnt all the chapters be important?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
What chapters are you referring to?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
book of enoch, philip, and some others.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I don't know about Phillip, but Enoch was "high on dope".

Enoch 7:2 "The women became pregnant, and gave birth to great giants, whose height was 3000 ells." An ell equals a cubit, which is about 18 inches. So these giants are according to Enoch 4500ft tall. That is about three times higher than the Empire State Building. Then the giants started to eat all the people, birds and animals of the earth (Enoch 7:4-5). Those same women in Enoch 19:2 "And the women also of the angels who went astray became sirens." Sirens were a sexy half women half bird creature that preyed on sailors.

puff, puff, pass.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Swish
Legend
Legend
As far as Enoch, it was never part of the Torah. There was no call to include it in the Bible.

The book of Phillip, and Thomas, were written later, and are considered apocryphal. They have serious theological differences from the rest of the New Testament, and if I recall, were written some 300 years (from memory, so I might be slightly off) after the time of Christ.

It would be like saying "I found an undiscovered work of Shakespeare, except that the theme, style, and writing completely different, there are spelling errors, and it dates to about 300 years after Shakespearse died." It might be an interesting read, but in no way appears to be a genuine work of Shakespeare.

2 members like this: GMdawg, FATE
Legend
Legend
ok that makes sense. yea i wasn't sure how close to the scripture they actually were.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Bro, the Roman Catholic Church banned the books that didn't fit the most profitable version of Christianity. <-this is called the actual facts.

Basically “cavemen” or scribes at the Vatican or some monastery wrote what the leadership (also basically cavemen but corrupt with greed and power lust) allowed to be written. Most of it plagiarized from other religions and numerous texts. This is why I don't believe very much of it.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/02/22 12:49 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
F
Legend
Legend
F
Wasn't it JulesDawg that had the saying "People are just no damn good?"

People tend to be self-serving, and those that loudly proclaim they are Christians are using doing so because they think it makes them better than someone else, but they are usually the least Christian of the bunch. Good Christians usually don't proclaim it, they just perform it, to do the good things you would expect and seldom get noticed, they don't ask for thanks, rewards or notoriety. They are out there and they are basically invisible.

Then there are just good people. Just like true Christians, they just do what is right, not doing so to get something in return other than a better world for all.

It's sad that all we see are the bad/fake people. The loudest voices get the most attention. Like the loud obnoxious person in the check out line complaining that the clerk is slow or something. There is hundreds of other customers that come through daily that have no issue with the clerk and many who thank them and tell them they appreciate them, but that one obnoxious person is the one everyone in the store turns to look at and talks about for the rest of the day.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
1 member likes this: GMdawg
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Current Events not pollitical

Link Copied to Clipboard