Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-jan-6-pardons-lindsey-graham-rino-154443398.html

Trump calling Graham a RINO now. Lindsey finally has the chance to stand up to him again and show a backbone. So, I'm pretty sure that means he'll bend the knee.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
P
Legend
Legend
P
You can be pretty sure he will bend at the knees since Trump has attacked him more than once in the past. Starting back in 2015 when he publicly gave out Graham's cell phone number.

July 2015

Donald Trump gives out Lindsey Graham's cellphone number

Graham's reaction: "When it comes to the Donald, nothing surprises me anymore."

https://www.politico.com/story/2015...lindsey-grahams-cell-phone-number-120414

July 2020

Trump attacks Lindsey Graham after SCOTUS rulings

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/09/trump-attacks-lindsey-graham-supreme-court-355013

September 2021

Donald Trump turned on Lindsey Graham. Of course.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/23/politics/donald-trump-lindsey-graham/index.html

It's Trump's M.O. Any time you don't walk the trump chalk line you're an enemy. Murica!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
That was painful.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
"Facts"

"Several studies"

rofl

How many times have you heard the phrase, "some people even say" come out of Trumps mouth... Yet, you follow him around like a puppy dog.... Yikes...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
You forgot... "many people are saying"... "people have told me".. "I've been hearing"... and the list goes on.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot
"Facts"

"Several studies"

rofl

How many times have you heard the phrase, "some people even say" come out of Trumps mouth... Yet, you follow him around like a puppy dog.... Yikes...
I follow him around like a puppy dog???

Did you just read your own post.

YOU follow him around like a puppy dog... for FIVE YEARS now.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: EveDawg
Legend
Legend
You know what else. You an your ilk are ridiculous and I'm gonna start asking for receipts.

Show me ONE POST where I've said anything positive about Trump in the last three years. You can have your buddies work on it with you since they constantly say the same. Set yourself up a nice PM session and get at it.

I'LL WAIT.

Last edited by FATE; 02/02/22 02:29 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Can you show us anywhere, after all the things Trump has done and said that you openly criticized his vile speech or actions?

"We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."

Elie Wiesel

We'll wait.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Can you show us anywhere, after all the things Trump has done and said that you openly criticized his vile speech or actions?

"We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."

Elie Wiesel

We'll wait.
You go first, champ.

I can tell you that I criticized those very things numerous times. If you really want to me to look, just say "go". We should probably make a sig bet first though, I don't work for free... Then we can get rid you your silly sig, would have been funny for a few days or so, now it just reeks of, well, never mind.

E
Legend
Legend
E
He's not required to criticize Trump. He's not a libtard.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
You know what else. You an your ilk are ridiculous and I'm gonna start asking for receipts.

Show me ONE POST where I've said anything positive about Trump in the last three years. You can have your buddies work on it with you since they constantly say the same. Set yourself up a nice PM session and get at it.

I'LL WAIT.
Where you at Damon?

C'mon bro... I follow him around like a puppy dog -- there's got to be something!

Anything?

Still waiting.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg

Claiming you have to be a "libtard" to be honest and use common sense speaks volumes about you.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

Claiming you have to be a "libtard" to be honest and use common sense speaks volumes about you.

Your desperate need to control people speaks volumes about you.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you claim you don't work for free and then say I should. How high on the corporate ladder are you?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So you claim you don't work for free and then say I should. How high on the corporate ladder are you?
High enough to tell some minion to provide a little proof when he has a grievance. How's life in the mail room?

P
Legend
Legend
P
If you would like to start reading maybe I can get you a job. BTW- I simply asked you a question. Yeah, maybe a job in the mail room is what you need. Reading is fundamental.

Let me break it down for you.....

This is question, not a grievance.

griev·ance

a real or imagined wrong or other cause for complaint or protest, especially unfair treatment.

an official statement of a complaint over something believed to be wrong or unfair.

a feeling of resentment over something believed to be wrong or unfair.

You're welcome.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Wrong question Mr. Reading is fundamental. It's not like you would have to dig for it, it was the very last post before your response...

It was your weak metaphoric response to me asking for receipts. You know, I'm the corporate stuffed-shirt asking people to work for free? (Fits my m.o. since I follow Trump like a puppy dog all day.) I just responded in kind.

I thought we were just showcasing our literary technique, turns out (strangely enough) that it was just an opportunity for you to move the goalposts... and then quote the wrong post (strangely enough) to try to win a free game token.

Game over <insert dying Pacman sound>.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Now you need to learn what moving the goal post means.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Now you need to learn what moving the goal post means.
Well, there is no doubt , you would be the best person to explain it.

By all means...

P
Legend
Legend
P
I've learned not to bother trying to explain things to a brick wall.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Republican Party censures Cheney, Kinzinger, calls Jan. 6 attack 'legitimate political discourse'

WASHINGTON, Feb 4 (Reuters) - The Republican Party on Friday censured U.S. Representatives Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for joining Congress' probe of then-President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 election, calling the Jan. 6 Capitol attack "legitimate political discourse."

Cheney and Kinzinger voted to impeach Trump on a charge of incitement of insurrection after last year's deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot and are the only Republicans taking part in the House of Representatives' investigation of the attack.

The Republican National Committee on Friday passed a resolution rebuking Cheney and Kinzinger for their involvement on the Jan. 6 select committee, accusing them of "participating in a Democrat-led persecution of ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse."

The resolution passed on a voice vote as 168 members of the RNC gathered for their winter meeting in Salt Lake City. The yes votes were overwhelming, with a handful of nays, according to reporters at the meeting.

It said their actions have damaged Republican efforts to win back majorities in Congress.

The measure said the RNC will "immediately cease any and all support of them" as party members, but stops short of calling for their ouster from the party, as initially proposed. The committee uses some of its funds to help support Republican candidates in their campaigns.

Trump, who retains a strong grip over his party as Nov. 8 midterm congressional elections draw closer, has been on the warpath against Republicans who have taken a stand against him. Republicans are trying to take control of both the House and the Senate from President Joe Biden's fellow Democrats.

'PERSONS OF CONSCIENCE'

Both lawmakers issued statements in anticipation of Friday's vote.

"The leaders of the Republican Party have made themselves willing hostages to a man who admits he tried to overturn a presidential election and suggests he would pardon Jan. 6 defendants, some of whom have been charged with seditious conspiracy," Cheney said, referring to the hundreds of Trump supporters accused of various crimes in the violent attack.

Four people died on Jan. 6, and a Capitol Police officer died the next day. About 140 police officers were injured, and four later died by suicide.

Cheney said she does not recognize those in her party who "abandoned the Constitution to embrace Donald Trump, who has endorsed her challenger in the Wyoming Republican primary.

Kinzinger, who is not seeking re-election, said he has been a conservative Republican since before Trump entered politics. He vowed to continue "working to fight the political matrix that's led us to this point."

Not all Republicans are lining up against the two.

Republican Senator Mitt Romney praised Cheney and Kinzinger as honorable in a Twitter post on Friday. "Shame falls on a party that would censure persons of conscience, who seek truth in the face of vitriol," he wrote.

At least 71 Republican members of Congress transferred money last year to the campaigns of congressional Republicans, including Cheney's, that supported booting Trump from office, a Reuters analysis found.

Republican Senator Bill Cassidy came to their defense late Thursday, writing on Twitter, "The RNC is censuring Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger because they are trying to find out what happened on January 6th - HUH?"

House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy did not return a request for comment on the measure. House Republicans in May ejected Cheney from their leadership ranks as punishment for repudiating Trump’s false claims of a stolen election.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/lo...ure-us-reps-cheney-kinzinger-2022-02-04/

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"legitimate political discourse" should be hung around every republicans neck.

You don't need to go any farther than to realize that the inmates are running the asylum.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Iowa Republican wants cameras in public school classrooms so parents can monitor teachers 'similar to a body camera on a policeman'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iowa-republican-wants-cameras-public-203413769.html

with everything going on, i sometimes forget to look at the big picture. so i zoomed out, took a look, and was reminded of something:

all of these anti abortion bills, anti-CRT, anti-woke, and such is nothing more than re-wrapped police state rhetoric from the so-called "limited government" crowd.

conservatives and republicans keep saying they want smaller government, and yet every stance they hold requires the government to expand. this is just the Patriot Act on steroids.

body cams on teachers? really? and to monitor what they teach?

that is literally the nanny state 40 always whines about. once again, you guys dont want smaller government. you wanted smaller government when it comes to businesses. damn near every modern conservative position on the other issues requires the more government power, influence, and direct action into the individual lives of americans. conservatives are completely in favor of big government when it comes to social issues.

ya know, like the authoritarian style leaders they love so much. for gods sake, texas has written into law that other citizens can sue other citizens for getting an abortion.

conservatives and freedom doesn't belong in the same sentence.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm not a parent but if I were one it would be pretty cool to log in and see what was going on in my kids classroom.

I have security cameras on my house to check on my home and dogs while I'm away. It would be great to be able to keep an eye on my kids.

Imagine if your kid was being bullied or has behavioral issues. Of course you want to check on them.

If libtards have something to hide then thats an even bigger reason to make this available to parents.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
There is an option for controlling everything your kid learns, it's called home school. These people don't need to tell teachers how to do their jobs, nor should they dictate curriculum.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Sorry but technology will over rule you.

Parents have every right to be involved in their childs education at public and private schools.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Involved yes, dictating terms, NOPE.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Libtards have no right to dictate either.

Cameras in classrooms is an excellent idea and I'm surprised it hasnt been thought of sooner.

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm not a parent but if I were one it would be pretty cool to log in and see what was going on in my kids classroom.

I have security cameras on my house to check on my home and dogs while I'm away. It would be great to be able to keep an eye on my kids.

Imagine if your kid was being bullied or has behavioral issues. Of course you want to check on them.

If libtards have something to hide then thats an even bigger reason to make this available to parents.

That's as good as Throw Long's post from the other day. You've out done yourself. Cameras in school rooms so you can check in the same way you do to monitor your home and dogs. Awesome.

Meanwhile still using an insult derived from the word Retard and think it's big, clever or funny somehow.

Last edited by mgh888; 02/05/22 09:36 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888

That's as good as Throw Long's post from the other day. You've out done yourself. Cameras in school rooms so you can check in the same way you do to monitor your home and dogs. Awesome.

Meanwhile still using an insult derived from the word Retard and think it's big, clever or funny somehow.

you know they want cameras in homes to make sure no one is engaging in homosexual activity.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
What we really need is a chip planted in our bodies at birth, and everyone tracked so we can catch the criminals and know what everyone's doing. Maybe take DNA samples at birth too and those at higher risk should be excluded from health insurance... All they do is drive up the cost for everyone else. The final step would be to privatize the judicial system to make it more efficient. Let's not stop at cameras in every classroom.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
The total reversal on January 6th by Republicans.

We all hear what the RNC is saying now.

Their behavior “has been destructive to the institution of the U.S. House of Representatives, the Republican Party and our republic, and is inconsistent with the position of the Conference,” it said.

The resolution claimed Cheney and Kinzinger, the only Republicans on the nine-member select committee investigating the Capitol riot, “are participating in a Democrat-led persecution of ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse, and they are both utilizing their past professed political affiliation to mask Democrat abuse of prosecutorial power for partisan purposes.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/04/rnc...-investigating-jan-6-pro-trump-riot.html

They used this as the reasoning to censure both Cheney and Kinzinger. So let's look at the total 180 they have done over the past year. Let's see what they said and thought about the insurrection when it happened.

Here is what the RNC themselves said just after the insurrection.

“These violent scenes we have witnessed do not represent acts of patriotism, but an attack on our country and its founding principles,” RNC members said in a statement at that time.

Here are the comments made right after the January 6th insurrection by some leading Republicans right after the insurrection.

Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas)

Today, the people's House was attacked, which is an attack on the Republic itself. There is no excuse for it. A women died. And people need to go to jail. And the President should never have spun up certain Americans to believe something that simply cannot be.
Rep. Chip Roy, January 6, 2021

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)

Chaos, anarchy. The violence today was wrong and un-American.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.)

When it comes to accountability, the President needs to understand that his actions were the problem, not the solution, that the rally yesterday was unseemly, it got out of hand... I said on the floor of the Senate, I cast my vote accordingly, that Joe Biden is the legitimate president-elect of the United States.
Sen. Lindsey Graham, January 7, 2021

Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.)

This has been a truly tragic day for America. We all join together in fully condemning the dangerous violence and destruction that occurred today in our Nation's Capitol. Americans will always have their freedom of speech and the constitutional right to protest, but violence in any form is absolutely unacceptable. It is anti-America, and must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Rep. Elise Stefanik, January 6, 2021

Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-Texas)

On Wednesday the Capitol of the most powerful nation the world has ever known was stormed by an angry mob. Americans surely never thought they’d see such a scene: members of Congress barricaded inside the House chamber, Capitol Police trampled, and four Americans dead. A woman was shot near the elevator I use every day to enter the House floor. It was a display not of patriotism but of frenzy and anarchy.
Rep. Dan Crenshaw, January 11, 2021

House Minority Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.)

Let me be clear: Last week’s violent attack on the Capitol was undemocratic, un-American and criminal…And make no mistake: Those who are responsible for Wednesday’s chaos will be brought to justice…The president bears responsibility for Wednesday’s attack on Congress by mob rioters.
House Minority Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy, January 13, 2021

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.)

January 6th was a disgrace... American citizens attacked their own government. They used terrorism to try to stop a specific piece of democratic business they did not like... Fellow Americans beat and bloodied our own police. They stormed the Senate floor. They tried to hunt down the Speaker of the House. They built a gallows and chanted about murdering the Vice President...

They did this because they had been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on Earth — because he was angry he’d lost an election.
Senate Minority Leader Sen. Mitch McConnell, February 13, 2021

Other statements:

Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.): "This violence and destruction have no place in our republic. It must end now." – January 6, 2021

Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.): "These actions at the U.S. Capitol by protestors are truly despicable and unacceptable. While I am safe and sheltering in place, these protests are prohibiting us from doing our constitutional duty. I condemn them in the strongest possible terms." – January 6, 2021

Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Miss.): "The events unfolding at the Capitol are shameful. There is no justification for violence and destruction. It has to stop now. This is not who we are as a nation. Thank you to the Capitol Police who are keeping us safe." – January 6, 2021

Sen. Steve Daines (R-Mont.): "Today is a sad day for our country. The destruction and violence we saw at our Capitol today is an assault on our democracy, our Constitution and the rule of law, and must not be tolerated. As Americans, we believe in the right to peaceful protest. We must rise above the violence. We must stand together. We will not let today’s violence deter Congress from certifying the election. We must restore confidence in our electoral process. We must, and we will, have a peaceful and orderly transition of power." – January 6, 2021

Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-Wisc.): "Mr. President. You have got to stop this. You are the only person who can call this off. Call it off. The election is over. Call it off. This is bigger than you. It is bigger than any member of Congress. It is about the United States of America." – January 6, 2021

Sen. Cynthia Lummis (R-Wyo.): "Call it what it is: An attack on the Capitol is an attack on democracy Today we are trying to use the democratic process to address grievances. This violence inhibits our ability to do that. Violent protests were unacceptable this summer and are unacceptable now." – January 6, 2021

Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio): "I condemn the violent and criminal acts that took place at the U.S. Capitol today. These shameful actions to disrupt a session of Congress and vandalize the Capitol building should never happen in our great republic. The U.S. Capitol belongs to every American and is a symbol of the citadel of democracy. An attack on the Capitol building is an attack on every American...

It is time for President Trump to embrace the peaceful transfer of power, which is mandated under the Constitution and a hallmark of our democracy." – January 6, 2021

Rep. Tom Reed (R-N.Y.): "Today, we saw an assault on our democracy. I love this institution. I love the United States Congress, and I love the United States of America. And what I saw today was mob rule that spat upon the blood of my father that is in the soil of Europe and in the soil of Korea, and who gave us through that blood this sacred Constitution and the sacred ability to lead this world as a power that says we settle our differences not with mob rule; we settle our difference through elections. And when those elections are over, we have a peaceful transition of power." – January 6, 2021

Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.): "What we have seen today is unlawful and unacceptable…I have decided I will vote to uphold the Electoral College results and I encourage Donald Trump to condemn and put an end to this madness." – January 6, 2021

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.): "This building has been desecrated, blood has been spilled in the hallways…This isn't what America is. What happened today isn’t what America is." – January 6, 2021

Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.): "Everyone has a right to peacefully protest. No one has a right to commit violence. What happened today at the Capitol is disgraceful and un-American. It is not what our country stands for." – January 6, 2021

Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.): "I hope that the types of people who stormed the Capitol today got a clear message that they will not stop our democracy from moving forward…We need to get our work done and this kind of thuggery would not keep us from doing the people’s work" – January 6, 2021

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...eres-what-they-said-at-the-time/2929779/

And now? The RNC calls them "ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse".

Anyone trying to rewrite the history of what happened, just remember that they are lying and they know better.

Oh what a difference a year makes.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Being deplorable is in their nature.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/05/22 01:58 PM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by mgh888

It would actually be more important to check on my kids more than my house or dogs. You're kind of clueless. You do realize there are cameras on you whereever you go in society right? Every gas station, restaurant, and store? I know that might frighten you and your safe space bubble you live in. But it's the truth.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
And then we would have even fewer teachers to teach our children. Driving away the only people that want to teach our kids certainly isn't the answer. I'm sure they do that kind of thing in china though.

China is putting surveillance cameras in plenty of schools

https://www.techinasia.com/china-putting-surveillance-cameras-plenty-schools

And you accuse the Democrats of being communists.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
And then we would have even fewer teachers to teach our children. Driving away the only people that want to teach our kids certainly isn't the answer. I'm sure they do that kind of thing in china though.

China is putting surveillance cameras in plenty of schools

https://www.techinasia.com/china-putting-surveillance-cameras-plenty-schools

And you accuse the Democrats of being communists.

What do teachers have to hide? If nothing, then they should be happy with the level of transparency.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
I sure didn't hear you saying that while Trump was fighting in court to hide all of his documents from his time in The White House. This used to be a nation where spying on everyone was frowned upon. Now it's advocated..... in certain circumstances. #belikechina

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I sure didn't hear you saying that while Trump was fighting in court to hide all of his documents from his time in The White House. This used to be a nation where spying on everyone was frowned upon. Now it's advocated..... in certain circumstances. #belikechina

Don't change the subject. This is about teachers and parents. Not whatever Trump crap that you are trying to deflect to.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Teachers have been required to turn in their lesson plans for the next week (and some districts require months) for decades. Teachers have nothing to hide. Teachers are required to follow the curriculum benchmarks that were established when GWB enacted No Child Left Behind. Teachers are also required to maintain a continuing education plan, paying for college credits, to qualify for renewing their licenses to teach. The current attack on education by the radicalized right wing "parents", most of whom don't even have kids in the district, is all about making the teaching occupation untenable. Conservatives hate public education and are all about using our tax dollars to pay for "conservative values" indoctrinating charter schools.

1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
What do teachers have to hide? If nothing, then they should be happy with the level of transparency.

So this only applies to some people and when I point out you don't seem to feel the same way with consistency it's me changing the subject? It sounds to me like you are refusing to address the fact you only expect such accountability for some people when you choose to do so. The question you brought up was transparency and if people did nothing wrong they have nothing to hide. I addresssed that it only matters to you sometimes. I understand how that's not convenient for you.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus What Republicans have become part 3

Link Copied to Clipboard