PastorMarc #1923970 02/06/22 06:46 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
Need some draft pick sites to play, anyone ???

Enjoy!

PastorMarc #1923993 02/06/22 11:10 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
dawg66 #1923997 02/07/22 12:14 AM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Do you realize what you just did?

1 member likes this: oobernoober
bonefish #1924017 02/07/22 12:10 PM
Legend
Legend
Most of the draft analyists have the Browns selecting a receiver with the 13th pick.

The top receivers listed by most are:

Garrett Wilson, Treylon Burks , Drake London. Some others are listed Chris Olave and Jameson Williams.

I am going to go over the top three listed above. They are really different in what they do well.

Garrett Wilson is 6', 192 lbs. He is a polished receiver who wins by creating space. He is also an excellent route runner. He is not that burner type but will run a 4.4's to 4.5. He is an excellent athlete. He has all the moves to create space. He can set guys up. He has those subtle moves that he uses to work off coverage. He is hard to cover. He will get his YAC as well. He is like a veteran who should be good right away.

Treylon Burks is 6'3", 225 lbs. He is an athletic freak. He will blow up the Combine. Run 4.3 and jump high. He is not as smooth as Wilson. He uses his size, strength, and speed to win. Physical type receiver. He is developing. Does not have the route running skills of Wilson. He catches the ball well. He has monster size hands. Not a great blocker. Doesn't always give full effort. Has big upside with natural abilities.

Drake London is 6'5", 210lbs. Great size. He was the offense at USC. He got the ball 33% of the time. He will run 4.48. He is a former basketball player. His greatest strength is getting the ball. There is no 50/50 ball with him. It becomes 80/20. He posts up defenders and high points the ball. Huge catch radius. He is hard to bring down. He played in the slot and at X. For a guy his size he is a fluid athlete. He will run the routes but relies on his abilty to get the ball. He doesn't create much space. He is deadly in deep routes but also in slants. He was unstoppable. He is very good blocker. A smart player who beat zones. Not a burner or fast off the line. But he is not slow and shows abilty in YAC.

One can make a case for all three of these guys. I would happy with any one of them. They are very close.

I lean a little towards Drake London. Because of his catch radius. The throws can be a little off and he will still get that ball. I like receivers like him because NFL coverage is good. And I like guys who win at taking balls away from defenders. I also like that he played in the slot. He can screen guys with his body. He is kinda like a TE with deep route ability.

I will add though Wilson is a brilliant receiver. He is so good at creating space.

They are very close.

cfrs15 #1924035 02/07/22 02:32 PM
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
I’ll be happy with a good player who contributes to the team. Any of the above receivers has a lot of upside, but, each has a question ark. Can Wilson get the same separation in the NFL. My buddy says that the best route runner is the pick. Can the other guys get any separation? I like size over speed. Both of the other guys are big enough to fight off DBs, so they are equal there.

cfrs15 #1924041 02/07/22 02:54 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't like Garrett . He is frail IMo and even more, he is a hand clapper when he catches the ball. He claps it out of the air rather than catch the ball.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1924052 02/07/22 03:29 PM
Legend
Legend
The tape on Wilson that I put a link to is a very good breakdown.

He is really good. He is ranked very high with PFF.

I would ok with any of the three I listed. My preference in receivers are the guys like Mike Evans. And I think Drake London will be better than Evans.

Ballpeen #1924062 02/07/22 03:55 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kinda partial to Chris Olave .

bonefish #1924064 02/07/22 03:58 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Having not really studies these WR's (I usually don't start studying the draft until after the SB), your description of London seems more like the type of WR I think we need. The type of WR who when your QB is pressured, or we are behind needing a score, the QB can throw it in his direction with a fair amount of certainty he can come down with contested passes.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1924085 02/07/22 04:57 PM
Legend
Legend
The links I provided on Wilson and Burks are very good. They are detailed with game tape to illistrate their points.

There is plenty of good tape on London. I love his game. He plays football like a power forward.

He is deceptive as an athlete because of his size. He is damn tricky.

Hard to say who would go as the top receiver. But we should be able to get one.

I am going to be doing a breakdown on edge guys. There are some good ones.

bonefish #1924106 02/07/22 05:51 PM
Legend
Legend
I could be wrong but I do believe pick 13 will be either a receiver or edge rusher.

These are considered the top edge rushers:

Aiden Hutchinson and Kayvon Thibodeaux.They are expected to go in the top three picks. I am not going to cover them.

I will cover George Karlaftis, David Ojabo, Jermaine Johnson, Travon Walker. We should get a shot at one or more of htese guys with pick 13.

George Karlaftis he is 6'4", 275 lbs. On most Boards he is the third ranked DE. This is a profile on him.
"Aside from ideal length, George Karlaftis has just about every trait necessary to bloom into a star power-rusher. Karlaftis coils and explodes off the snap even without having to time the snap perfectly. In turn, he often gets the jump on opposing offensive tackles, opening up the floor for him to show off his relentless bull-rushing or array of hand-fighting tactics. Blend that together with the ability to change directions and get skinny much better than any player his size should, and Karlaftis lands in special territory as an athlete. He also has all the awareness, anchor and motor to be a high-end run defender right away." My take is he overall good. Not exceptional.

David Ojabo he is 6'5", 250 lbs. He is a edge rusher but is more of linebacker in a 3-4

Being a one-year starter, David Ojabo is only scratching the surface of what he could be. Ojabo sports a long, lean frame that probably has room for a few more pounds. In turn, he is exclusively a speed-rusher right now. He is not a power rusher. I don't him as a fit for the Browns defense.

Jermaine Johnson is 6'4", 262 lbs. He had a great week at the Senior Bowl.

I like this guy a lot. I believe he would be great with Myles. He has all the tools to excel. He is big strong and fast. He ran a 4.5 in high school.
He is explosive and has that natural bend ability. He can go outside and come inside. He is a good fit for defense.

Travon Walker is 6'5", 280 lbs. He is mocked to the Browns by Daniel Jeremiah.

He is a big powerful dude who could play DT.
At 6'5" and 280 pounds, Walker played with his hand in the dirt as a 3-technique, 5-technique and 6-technique, as well as from a stand-up outside linebacker position. He'll likely play 5- and 6-technique in the NFL, but his flexibility at other alignments could make for some devastating situational packages.

Walker thrives in run defense. His initial punch is as violent as it gets and he rarely misses. He tends to do a great job controlling blocks following his initial punch, allowing him to keep eyes in the backfield and leverage his gap correctly.

He also seems like a good fit for the Browns.

I am not keen on Ojabo for the Browns. The other guys are all good fits for us. It will be who Berry sees as BPA.

bonefish #1924111 02/07/22 06:02 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree. Several of the players you mentioned are good receivers. There are more.

My only deal with a receiver is if you aren't going to target him 90-100 times a season, he isn't worth the pick. That is 5-6 times a game.

If that isn't the plan, don't waste the pick. Select one of the others in the 2nd or 3rd round and toss them the rock 30-40 times a season.

We don't need a 1st round decoy running around like a chump.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1924116 02/07/22 06:16 PM
Legend
Legend
If we bring in the talent; they will be used.

We are going to run the ball. We will not be a spread offense. However, there will be games when we will have to pass effectively.

And that does not mean just dink and dunk. We will need to be able to score quickly at times. There will be games when the defense dictates that we throw a bunch. There will be games where the defense we play could have a weak secondary and we should attack it.

I have no doubt that Berry will improve the pass game potential and KS will use it.

bonefish #1924124 02/07/22 07:23 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by bonefish
Most of the draft analyists have the Browns selecting a receiver with the 13th pick.

The top receivers listed by most are:

Garrett Wilson, Treylon Burks , Drake London. Some others are listed Chris Olave and Jameson Williams.

I am going to go over the top three listed above. They are really different in what they do well.

Garrett Wilson is 6', 192 lbs. He is a polished receiver who wins by creating space. He is also an excellent route runner. He is not that burner type but will run a 4.4's to 4.5. He is an excellent athlete. He has all the moves to create space. He can set guys up. He has those subtle moves that he uses to work off coverage. He is hard to cover. He will get his YAC as well. He is like a veteran who should be good right away.

Treylon Burks is 6'3", 225 lbs. He is an athletic freak. He will blow up the Combine. Run 4.3 and jump high. He is not as smooth as Wilson. He uses his size, strength, and speed to win. Physical type receiver. He is developing. Does not have the route running skills of Wilson. He catches the ball well. He has monster size hands. Not a great blocker. Doesn't always give full effort. Has big upside with natural abilities.

Drake London is 6'5", 210lbs. Great size. He was the offense at USC. He got the ball 33% of the time. He will run 4.48. He is a former basketball player. His greatest strength is getting the ball. There is no 50/50 ball with him. It becomes 80/20. He posts up defenders and high points the ball. Huge catch radius. He is hard to bring down. He played in the slot and at X. For a guy his size he is a fluid athlete. He will run the routes but relies on his abilty to get the ball. He doesn't create much space. He is deadly in deep routes but also in slants. He was unstoppable. He is very good blocker. A smart player who beat zones. Not a burner or fast off the line. But he is not slow and shows abilty in YAC.

One can make a case for all three of these guys. I would happy with any one of them. They are very close.

I lean a little towards Drake London. Because of his catch radius. The throws can be a little off and he will still get that ball. I like receivers like him because NFL coverage is good. And I like guys who win at taking balls away from defenders. I also like that he played in the slot. He can screen guys with his body. He is kinda like a TE with deep route ability.

I will add though Wilson is a brilliant receiver. He is so good at creating space.

They are very close.

Reading the reports you posted of these three, I’m picturing comparisons to

Wilson = Terry McLaurin (with a tenth slower in the 40)
Burks = DK Metcalf
London = I can’t think of a newer generation player, but all I am coming up with is a raw Randy Moss. (Height, high pointing jump balls, speed)

Legend
Legend
London doesn't have Moss's speed. He is kinda like Mike Evans.

In a way he is unique. He has great size and is versatile. But he plays like a TE but with more speed.

Burks is like Metcalf.

Wilson reminds some AJ Green

bonefish #1924130 02/07/22 07:47 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Thanks

There we go… Mike Evans is a good one, my mind blanked out over a comparison.

AJ Green is interesting, and I can see that comparison too.

thumbsup

Ballpeen #1924149 02/07/22 09:29 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I agree. Several of the players you mentioned are good receivers. There are more.

My only deal with a receiver is if you aren't going to target him 90-100 times a season, he isn't worth the pick. That is 5-6 times a game.

If that isn't the plan, don't waste the pick. Select one of the others in the 2nd or 3rd round and toss them the rock 30-40 times a season.

We don't need a 1st round decoy running around like a chump.
There's no way 100 targets isn't the plan. Landry had 87 this season and only played 11 games.

As far as the decoy thing... every good WR is also a good decoy.

Se, he (whoever he is) is worth the pick and is a necessity to getting this offense back on track.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
FATE #1924159 02/08/22 08:25 AM
Legend
Legend
The Bengals are in the Super Bowl. And about the only thing they were better at than the Browns in 2021 is throwing it and catching it.

We have a good team. Baker healthy should make a difference. But the receivers are nowhere close to the Bengals.

I have no doubt that Andrew Berry will address the receiver group. We will be better at throwing and catching it.

The receivers in this draft are damn good. And most likely Berry will get a top notch guy in free agency as well.

Berry is the guy who will make or break the Browns. I have great confidence in him. Last year overall we had a good draft.

I expect the same thing this year.

bonefish #1924165 02/08/22 10:13 AM
Legend
Legend
I knew eventually that a full picture of Malik Willis would be exposed.

Also, I knew there were flaws. He played against weak competition.

This tape goes over the good and bad.

Before i saw this I made the statement that Malik is not ready and he would need to sit for at least a year.

The tape backs me up on that point. He is a guy who has to develop. He has a high ceiling that is true. Because he is a gifted athlete.

Playing quarterback in the NFL you need more than that. Decision making and reading defenses comes with experience and good coaching. There is a lot to learn. And the school room is not at Liberty.

Malik has the potential but if he does not pick up what is needed at the next level. He will fail.

bonefish #1924175 02/08/22 11:31 AM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Maybe it's me, but it does not make sense to me to draft a player in the top half of the 1st round who will need to sit and develop for 2/3 years and maybe be the guy, when you can draft a player at a position which can provide immediate impact.

Give me the best DE/WR available at #13.

Hammer #1924190 02/08/22 01:46 PM
Legend
Legend
Most likely that is what will happen.

But when you have any doubt you must investigate.

So, Berry will. what comes from it? I don't know.

cfrs15 #1924247 02/08/22 08:05 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
I have always believed that playing is how you get better. I don't buy in that sitting for a year or so does any real good.

It helps some, but playing at the speed of the game is the only real way, especially at QB.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1924253 02/08/22 08:31 PM
Legend
Legend
There is no set rule that fits all circumstances.

It depends on the player and the team he goes to.

If the player goes to a bad team and they have no way to compete. They can say to the player. We will live with your mistakes. We support you and we want you to gain experience.

In a case like Mahomes going to the Chiefs. They had Alex Smith. They were a competitive team. Mahomes was raw. He needed to learn.

Trey Lance sat this year behind Garoppolo. Fields sat. Rodgers sat. Lamar sat.

If as an example Malik Willis came to Cleveland. He would sit and rightfully so. He has a lot to learn.

Prospects come off the college season. Then they enter draft season. Go through Senior Bowl, Combine prep, Pro days, team workouts and interviews.

Then they go through the draft. Go to OTA's "here kid." "This is the playbook. Learn it." Then they are expected to lead grown men? Most are not ready.
Especially those who came out early.

A four year starter in college who played in the SEC. Maybe he is ready?

So each case is different.

bonefish #1924356 02/09/22 02:21 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
My belief is that if you can't give your rookie QB protection, you need to sit him. Nothing good comes from letting a rookie QB get beat to death. Nothing. And that's often times a part of the problem. They draft a rookie at the QB position and place him in a position where the OL is crap and they have no running game. Having no support system on the field for a rookie QB can be an early death knell for a kid.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Ballpeen #1924397 02/09/22 04:00 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I don't like Garrett . He is frail IMo and even more, he is a hand clapper when he catches the ball. He claps it out of the air rather than catch the ball.

Garrett Wilson’s 2022 NFL Draft scouting report overview
For all projective purposes, Wilson’s smooth, sudden athleticism, combined with his attention to detail and his sheer instinct at the catch point, makes him an extremely promising wideout in the 2022 NFL Draft. Wide receivers who can create at all three levels are coveted in the NFL, and Wilson fits this description better than most in the 2022 class.

Before the catch, Wilson can create separation with his explosiveness, suddenness, fast feet, hip sink, and technical use of deception. At the catch point, he can create opportunities with his natural, effortless body control, ball tracking ability, and strong hands. And after the catch, he can create extra yards with his twitch, elusiveness, and urgent style.

With his high-level instincts at the catch point, and his high-level athletic upside everywhere else, Wilson is a worthy WR1 candidate in the 2022 NFL Draft, and a potential top ten prospect.

Also he isn't Frail he missed 1 game (Not Counting the Rose Bowl) in his OSU Career ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
PastorMarc #1924426 02/09/22 08:01 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
I hope so.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1924450 02/10/22 07:56 AM
Legend
Legend
Looking at the mock drafts which are based upon team needs.

It looks like the Browns will be able to get one of the top three guys.

Wilson, Burks or London.

Pass rushers the top two Hutchinson and Thibodeaux will go way before pick 13.

Karlaftis who most have as 3rd best will most likely go before pick 13.
The next three pass rushers are"

Ojabo, Trevon Walker, and Jermaine Johnson those three should be available at 13.

Walker and Johnson are good fits in our defense. Ojabo is more of a 3-4 lb.

So, it would seem that BPA will be a receiver.

bonefish #1924454 02/10/22 08:30 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have been thinking about how to post something like this and was struggling. You did a nice job.

The way I was thinking about it was to ask something like: IF our top rated Wr is available at #13 is there anyone that would fall to us that we would choose over that Wr?
I agree with you that Hutchinson and Thibodeaux will go way before pick 13. As well as Karlaftis. If any of those 3 are available I would consider it but still likely take the Wr.

Kyle Hamilton? Talented player but I don't think position value is there. I also think a top Wr would improve this team significantly more than adding a top safety

There are no o-line or interior d-line players that I would consider here
I would be tempted to go with one of the top Lb's but again: Talented players but I don't think position value is there. I also think a top Wr would improve this team significantly more than adding a top linebacker. But thinking of having JOK and Nakobe Dean running around on the field together does make me smile (admittedly they would be a light Lb duo). Lloyd is bigger but I haven't seen him play.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
bonefish #1924455 02/10/22 08:39 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wilson, Burks or London.

I just started looking at Jahan Dotson from Penn St.
I would put him in that category from the highlights film
Of course there is more to evaluation than highlights which we don't have access to.

Fast and quick. Hands catcher. Excellent at adjusting to poorly thrown ball

Jester #1924456 02/10/22 08:50 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With so many top Wr's so closely rated (at least at this point), it raises the question? If there is an offer to trade down do we take it?

If we can get a 1st rounder next year while only dropping to a point that we think we could still get one of those 4, then yes I do it.

If we can get a 2nd rounder next year while only dropping to a point that we are certain we could still get one of those 4, then yes I do it

If we can get a 2nd rounder this year while only dropping to a point that we are certain we could still get one of those 4, not sure.

If I am trading down I want to add picks in next years draft. There is a real chance that we will be looking to draft a Qb in 2023. I want as much ammo as possible if that situation should arise. I don't think I risk losing out on a top Wr for an extra pick this year.

Last edited by Jester; 02/10/22 08:50 AM.

Jester #1924465 02/10/22 09:48 AM
Legend
Legend
Ideally you would like BPA to intersect your biggest need.

Trade down could be an option. You play the draft game.

Who is left? Who are the teams and what are they looking for? If you drop can you still get who you want?

Jameson Williams is in the mix at receiver. He tore a ACL in the championship game. Will he recover in time?

I love Drake London. He is the guy I want. If he had not fractured his ankle. His numbers would be off the charts. He should be ready for camp easy. The injury was in October.

He is a mismatch on every play. He played in the slot and as X receiver. He is versatile. Huge catch radius. Very athletic for a guy 6'5".

He does not lose 50/50 balls. He is a go to receiver. He can run a slant and go deep and win. He can be used all over the field.

I have full faith in Andrew Berry. If the guy you really want is there sometimes it is best to grab him.

Jester #1924520 02/10/22 03:18 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not so sure I would agree that there's a "real chance" we will need a QB next year but more that there's a slight chance. But any time you can move down in the draft and still get your intended target it's a good thing. I think once you get past the top two or maybe three top players at any one position, most often the gap in talent seems pretty wide beyond that and player evaluations tend to lump players more closely into groups of players rather than individual players. This year seems to be a year where the WR class is very strong. With where we are currently slated to pick, #13 I would guess the top 2 or three WR's may be gone by the time we pick. But I don't see a huge drop off between the #3 WR on draft boards and the #5 WR on draft boards.

If you can get a player of fairly equal value while still stocking additional draft picks for the future it's always a good thing. Of course you shouldn't just give them away for peanuts or a ham sandwich, but if you can add quality picks and still draft a player of equal value at a later pick, it would be foolish not to whether you think you may need a QB next year or not.

#gmstrong
bonefish #1924605 02/11/22 07:26 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Looking at the mock drafts which are based upon team needs.

Wilson, Burks or London.

Pass rushers the top two Hutchinson and Thibodeaux will go way before pick 13.

Karlaftis who most have as 3rd best will most likely go before pick 13.
The next three pass rushers are"

Ojabo, Trevon Walker, and Jermaine Johnson those three should be available at 13.

Walker and Johnson are good fits in our defense. Ojabo is more of a 3-4 lb.

So, it would seem that BPA will be a receiver.

The ones I see also show Linderbaum(sp) the center from Iowa being available. I would consider drafting him. He is going to be a all-pro center. I also consider that a need. Treeter isn't going to play much longer, and Harris is a back-up type player. Taking a best of the best at any position is never a bad move.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1924613 02/11/22 08:04 AM
Legend
Legend
I think this year and all things given. We will take a receiver.

I have thought about this quite a bit. Unless the Browns were to trade for Russell Wilson which is a real long shot.

They go all in with Baker and select a receiver.

There could be a slight chance they would take a quarterback. But they would need to land two really good receivers in free agency. And, they would have to really love a qb at 13 and he would have to be there.

Not all that is likely to happen.

So, receiver is most likely the pick.

bonefish #1924615 02/11/22 08:57 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think this year and all things given. We will take a receiver.

I have thought about this quite a bit. Unless the Browns were to trade for Russell Wilson which is a real long shot.

They go all in with Baker and select a receiver.

There could be a slight chance they would take a quarterback. But they would need to land two really good receivers in free agency. And, they would have to really love a qb at 13 and he would have to be there.

Not all that is likely to happen.

So, receiver is most likely the pick.

If you look at Berry's past off season's when he targeted a position of need and decided to fix the position he doubled down. 2020 - Signed Jack Conklin in Free Agency and drafted Jedrick Wills. Then 2021 signed Troy Hill in Free Agency and drafted Greg Newsome. If he has zeroed in on fixing the receivers positin like many of us think I think he will use this same method and sign a pretty big name receiver before of after cutting Jarvis Landry. Someone like Allen Robinson. Then draft whoever is best player available at the WR position at #13.

Then he is all in all in as you mentioned on Baker and he has a put up or your gone 2022 season. I do like how Mayfield has responded in the past after bad season's and bad performances. 2020 he responded pretty well after and rough 2019. The Bengals game this year after OBJ was cut loose and all eyes were on Baker.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Day of the Dawg #1924619 02/11/22 09:45 AM
Legend
Legend
I agree completely. Berry will do as he has done in the past.

During the season there was a press conference with AVP. He made a telling statement. "We are not very good in the passing game."

Maybe not a direct quote but that was what he was saying.

Andrew Berry is a bright guy. He knows precisely what needs to be done. And there is no doubt that he will upgrade the entire receiving room.

He will look for an explosive playmaker. He will want stiff competition and depth. They will want to be able to attack the entire field.

I expect a much improved offense.

Day of the Dawg #1924625 02/11/22 10:17 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
I like the Allan Robinson thought, in combo with a #1 pick of a WR. I also wonder if Michael Thomas might be available from the Saints now that Drew Brees and Sean Payton are gone and secondly, if he is healthy.

bonefish #1924631 02/11/22 10:35 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't disagree. I just don't think we should. The bust rate is pretty high for 1st round receivers. There is increased risk in doing so. PFF stats over the last 15 years show you have as good or better chance of getting a quality receiver in rounds 2 and 3.

I also any totally against drafting for need in the 1st round unless you are needing a QB. You might be able to do more of that as you go deeper in to the draft. IMO drafting for needs early in the draft is what loser teams do.

I'd address needs in free agency and with at least the 1st pick I'd draft the BPA unless he is at a position you are totally solid.

Here is the problem i have with drafting a receiver #1. As mentioned, the bust rate is high. Bust may not mean totally crappy, but not nearly as good as you would expect. Playing like Higgins might not be a bust, but it isn't what you are looking for with the 1st pick.

Next is the fact i don't have confidence we will be able to get the returns on a real good receiver because of parameters around the position due to coaching plan, and or the QB play.

I am not saying the coaching plan is wrong, it just isn't conducive to big numbers at the wideout slot. Did OBJ fold because he didn't want to be in Cleveland or did he fold because we could never get him the ball? He seems to be doing pretty well in LA. As for the QB, it is a question...we will see which QB shows up. Again, I am just not convinced we would allow a guy like Chase to put up the same type numbers as the Bengals do. A ball control O is usually designed to be fairly risk adverse.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1924637 02/11/22 10:56 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good post 'peen

Ballpeen #1924652 02/11/22 11:36 AM
Legend
Legend
The way I see it 2021 was an offensive failure.

What we saw is not what I believe to be their vision of what they want to see.

The way this draft seems to be laying out with the qb class and the top players rankings.

It looks like BPA may well be a receiver at 13. As far as bust rate. That pretty much is the case with any position.

Look at the OT draft when we took Wills. There were about four guys who were close. We took the second guy chosen.

This year looks like that except it is the receiver position. The top three are very close. We may get the second one.

Big numbers at the position does not matter. It is about making plays when you need to.

Odell is not drawing double coverage because he is not the number one guy Cooper Kupp is that guy. So, Odell benefits.

Berry will address receiver no different than he has addressed other positions of need. First the OL. Then the defensive secondary. He brought in free agents and drafted guys.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season 2022 NFL Draft Draft

Link Copied to Clipboard