Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Legend
Legend
M
McVay can retire from coaching now and head to the broadcast booth next year.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Al Michael = fake news

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
That was a surprisingly good game. I was going to be mad if that PI face mask non-call ended up being the deciding factor. That missed extra point was almost a big deal.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well there was a phantom holding penalty that gave the rams a first and goal that got them their final score. I hate that crap

Joe Thomas #73
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Made up for the face mask non call

T
Legend
Legend
T
What happened to Joe Burrow on the 2 3rd quarter drives following the Rams field goal that brought the score to 20-16?
On those 2 failed offensive drives lies the loss imo. The Rams did very little to win the game also, imo, but they got the victory.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Squires
I was going to be mad if that PI face mask non-call ended up being the deciding factor.

Same. That might have been the most flagrant missed call in Super Bowl history.

At the end of the day, it came down to Cincy's inability to protect Burrow.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Sorry the Bengals lost, but happy for Stafford.

It's too bad the refs decided to hold their flags until the final moments of the game. I think there were 2 unsportsmanlike penalties called the entire game. Then on the final drive they start tossing them for things they allowed the entire game.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Nelly at the Super Bowl:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

2 members like this: Clemdawg, jfanent
Legend
Legend
i wonder if Missouri residents are still ticked off over the Rams relocating to LA.

i would be. wonder who Nelly wanted to win (probably bengals)

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted by Squires
I was going to be mad if that PI face mask non-call ended up being the deciding factor.

Same. That might have been the most flagrant missed call in Super Bowl history.

No that would be the pass interference no call in the saints super bowl.

Joe Thomas #73
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
More happy the Bengals lost than the Rams win.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Our 2020 offense with our 2021 defense could have easily beat either of the teams we saw in the Super Bowl.

2 members like this: mgh888, PortlandDawg
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Our 2021 offense beat one of the teams twice.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Funny headline, courtesy of the onion:

Paranoid Snoop Dogg Hides Backstage Before Halftime Show After Taking Single Puff Of Joint

https://www.theonion.com/super-bowl-paranoid-snoop-dogg-hides-backstage-1848503777

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Our 2021 offense beat one of the teams twice.

Kind of.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Our 2020 offense with our 2021 defense could have easily beat either of the teams we saw in the Super Bowl.

I agree 100%. It's why I said in the "how close are we thread" - we are as close as any team. Zero reason not to think we can compete in 2022.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by mgh888

I agree 100%. It's why I said in the "how close are we thread" - we are as close as any team. Zero reason not to think we can compete in 2022.

Baker. Baker is the reason. Is he 2020 Baker or 2021 Baker?

D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I guess Bengal fans are griping today about the calls against their defense in the red zone on the Rams winning drive. I thought they were good calls; Kupp got mugged on both of those plays. Up to that point, I had been surprised at all the calls the refs didn't make, like the blatant facemask by Higgins on Ramsey that produced a Bengal TD, and also on the (legal) push out of bounds of Burrow near the sideline where I saw at least 3 Bengals take shots at Aaron Donald in the scrum after the play.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I wouldn't say Kupp got mugged. The facemask by Higgins was bad.

But let's be honest... who here wasn't waiting for the refs to suddenly start throwing flags all over the field for a drive after letting them play the rest of the game?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
I think the officiating in the last 5 minutes stunk.

They called a late hit on a guy for trying to knock the ball out of a receivers hands who was still in the air.

They called ticky tacky PI calls that they had let go all game.

Then there is this:

https://twitter.com/michaelFhurley/status/1493055083713544192

and

https://twitter.com/MitchSchwartz71/status/1493008579581734914?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1493008579581734914%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbrobible.com%2Fsports%2Farticle%2Faaron-donald-offside-super-bowl-penalty%2F

I know the missed face mask was a gift on the Bengals TD. But that was early in the game and if you watch it full speed, you aren't sure what the hell happened. The end of the game was a poop-storm of bad calls. All went the way of the Rams.

M
Legend
Legend
M

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Bengals bad quarterback play in the 3rd quarter lost them the game by failing to add to their total of 20 points on 2 or 3 drives.
The coach should have been more upset, maybe even should have played the backup quarterback for a drive.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I wouldn't say Kupp got mugged. The facemask by Higgins was bad.

But let's be honest... who here wasn't waiting for the refs to suddenly start throwing flags all over the field for a drive after letting them play the rest of the game?

On the defensive holding at the 5 yd line, the LB had a fistful of Kupp's jersey in one hand and the other arm wrapped around Kupp. That's a mugging. Ditto on the DPI against Apple who was clearly holding Kupps jersey and inhibiting his ability to get to the ball. These weren't ticky tack calls, they were fairly obvious ones, IMO.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The Rams were moving the ball at ease and scoring when they had two legitimate WR threats on the field. Once one of them went down, they were stifled. The loss of that WR with the knee injury was devastating to their offense. The game announcers saw just how obvious it was. They saw just how much an infusion of talent on both the O and D as the season wore on paid big dividends.

In the end, when the game was on the line, the Rams D stepped up and the Rams came up with a game winning drive. The constant pressure and sacks the Rams handed Burrows were the death knell.

It was very competitive game which involved good offensive as well as defensive play. Even when the Bengals couldn't seem to stop the Rams until one of their best offensive contributors went down with a knee injury.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
1st half total yards = 184
2nd half total yards = 130

Scored 3 more points in the first half than the second

1st half pass yards = 165
2nd half pass yards = 118 (didn't count the Kupp holding/PI calls, obviously)

OBJ went down with a couple minutes left in the 2nd, so I'm just using quarter stats (I don't remember if LA had the ball in the 1st half after OBJ went down).

I don't see an offense that "were moving the ball at ease", and then "they were stifled" after one dude went down. Stafford threw INTs in each half, but the 2nd half one resulted in 0 yards for that drive, vs 37 yards on the 1 in the first half. They also picked up some yards in the second half off of penalties vs completions. I know they leaned on Kupp in the late part of the game pretty hard (seemed like it anyway).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: jfanent
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
IMO.. IF the bungles had the Browns starting Oline, and the secondary they would have won the game.. conversely, if the Browns had the Browns starting Oline (the healthy version) and the bungles starting QB we would have won that game.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
P
Legend
Legend
P
There were almost four minutes left in the first half when OBJ went down. If you couldn't see how much more trouble the Rams had moving the ball after he went down I can't help you. They scored a grand total of three points the entire game after that before the ending drive.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
There were almost four minutes left in the first half when OBJ went down. If you couldn't see how much more trouble the Rams had moving the ball after he went down I can't help you. They scored a grand total of three points the entire game after that before the ending drive.
Except for that one touchdown in the first half, they only scored 7 points with him.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by BADdog
Well there was a phantom holding penalty that gave the rams a first and goal that got them their final score. I hate that crap

Yep. Cinci was robbed in the final seconds. Looked like a browns finish.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
If you couldn't see how much more trouble the Rams had moving the ball after he went down I can't help you. They scored a grand total of three points the entire game after that before the ending drive.

I didn't see much of a difference, and I don't need your help. I laid out the total and air yardage totals for each half. There's not much of a difference (54), especially considering one of the 2nd half drives was 1 play (INT). Passing yards accounted for all but 20 of their yards in the first half, and all but 12 yards in the second.

That backs up what I saw. They were not 'stifled' after OBJ. They had to overcome a couple bad plays. Their defense did a really good job of getting them the ball back as the game went on. When they needed a score in crunch time, they went to their dude, Kupp, and got what they needed to win.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by SaintDawg
IMO.. IF the bungles had the Browns starting Oline, and the secondary they would have won the game.. conversely, if the Browns had the Browns starting Oline (the healthy version) and the bungles starting QB we would have won that game.

Raise your hand if you think Cinci finally tries to seriously fix their OLine this off-season.

A healthy Baker and two healthy OTs and we could have won that game, easy.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Raise your hand if you think Cinci finally tries to seriously fix their OLine this off-season.

To win that game, 1st of all the Browns would have to had to get past the Chiefs
And in 2 years the Browns have to.beat the Chiefs

Legend
Legend
Just saw a clip of the last play. It sure looks like Perine half-assed it and should have caught that ball with the Super Bowl on the line. It was an amazing effort by Burrow to even get that off as he was being flung to the ground. It's at 3:49 of this clip:

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O

I still don't think the Bengals have exorcised all their past demons. Mike Brown has to cheap out somewhere.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by mgh888

Baker. Baker is the reason. Is he 2020 Baker or 2021 Baker?

Apparently he’s good every even numbered year, so I have my hopes up again.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Brown definitely has that foil factor. We’ll see what they do with their OL. I saw somewhere that Burrow has taken way more of a beating at this point than Andrew Luck did. He also doesn’t have Luck’s build.

They need to protect what is likely their best QB in franchise history.

I think we’re also waiting to see what exactly happened to his knee toward the end of the game as well, aren’t we?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
A good chunk of it is actually on him (holding the ball), but the Bengals were setting BAD records in their run this year (sacks). I think they'll look at getting to the SB as 'good enough' and pretty much roll with what they had this year.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: dawglover05
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by oobernoober

I still don't think the Bengals have exorcised all their past demons. Mike Brown has to cheap out somewhere.
My friend who lives in.Mason told me that Mike Brown
Has put alot of the decsion making in the hands of his
Daughter. He said hard to.believe but the Bengals
Had the 15th or 14th highest payroll in.The league last year

Legend
Legend
and they have the 4th highest amount of free cap space in 2022 ($55.8 million).

They are set to make a Super Bowl run for the next several years in a row.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season NFL 2021 Post Season Super Bowl 56 thread

Link Copied to Clipboard