Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Justin Trudeau has become a tyrannical dictator and is ruling Canada with an iron fist. If you don't agree with him, speak out, protest, he himself and his supporters call you a nazi for basically exercising your right to disagree. Canada doesn't have freedom of speech but that's another subject.

Dude is a coward and is afraid to confront and discuss with people who do not agree with him. The government going after individuals bank accounts, freezing them is not a good look. Personally I think this guy is a clown and needs to be dismissed. He's not very measured or smart at all. Even presidents from other countries are beginning to be appalled by this guy's behavior. If you disagree with him he uses the government at his disposal to quash you and make your life harder.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he gets assassinated fairly soon if he keeps up with the same sort of behavior. It's not very intelligent on his part.

Discuss Trudeau and his recent behavior with the trucker rally.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
T
Legend
Legend
T
China, the Billionaire secret conferences like the World economic forum? or the bildebergers?
The point is Trudeau is just one of them,
He is like the small fish in the gang that the FBI or police take down, you know, on all the cop shows where they make the storyline that they don't want the low level dealer, but the big provider to take down the drug cartel.

Trudeau, is just one of the underbosses'
The entire world is becoming under a Chinese like tyranny led by the devil himself, Satan.
In America, and the former free world, at this point, more and more, there exists this situation wherein,
The Government is considered, (and therefore exists)
Big Businesses' interests are considered ( and therefore exist)
But average everyday people who number in the hundreds of millions, are not given any consideration, (therefore it's as though they don't even exist.)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Parliament looks more rowdy than our Congress.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: tastybrownies
Legend
Legend
Imagine being so smug and self-centered that you refuse to apologize to a Jewish woman, a descendant of Holocaust survivors, for saying she "stands with swastikas"... After being implored by numerous members of parliament.

He's made this reference numerous times because a flag was spotted in a sea of nearly 100,000 protesters.

Petulant child®

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Trudeau's Power Grab Is Unconstitutional | Opinion
RYAN ALFORD , PROFESSOR OF LAW, LAKEHEAD UNIVERSITY
ON 2/15/22 AT 5:35 PM EST

On Monday, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced he would be invoking the Emergencies Act, giving him broad emergency powers to quash a nonviolent protest of truckers opposing vaccine mandates. It is only the second time the Canadian government has ever given itself such powers in peacetime.

Trudeau's father, Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, was the first to take such an extreme measure, in the context of an actual terrorist uprising in 1970. Throughout the previous decade, terrorists known as the Quebec Liberation Front (FLQ) had set off over two hundred bombs, and that October, they graduated to kidnapping. Members of the FLQ seized Pierre Laporte, the Deputy Prime Minister of Quebec. In response, Trudeau the Elder invoked the War Measures Act, as the Emergencies Act was then called, and sent in the troops. Tanks rolled down the streets of Montreal, and Laporte's captors killed him the next day.

With his newly expanded powers, Trudeau's government set about trying to find Laporte's killers. The military spent their time knocking on doors in the middle of the night and arresting activists—without reasonable suspicion—who had nothing to do with terrorism. Many were held without trial, initially incommunicado. Some were subjected to abuses in custody that would later lead to lawsuits and substantial compensation. Of the 500 people arrested, less than 70 were ever charged with any offense; less than 20 were ultimately convicted.

In the end, the War Measures Act both failed to save Laporte's life and did nothing to apprehend his killers, who were caught thanks to old-fashioned police work.

Crucially, in order to arm himself with emergency powers, Pierre Trudeau exaggerated the threat posed by the terrorists. He insisted falsely that a "a state of apprehended insurrection exists" in Quebec, implying that student and labor union organizers were prepared to rise up in support of the FLQ. As a result, hundreds of activists were rounded up and jailed without access to habeas corpus, owing to unfounded suspicions about their loyalty.

As Canada's foremost scholar of constitutional law later noted, "It was a remarkable suspension of civil liberties; and the facts which emerged later, especially during the trials of the kidnappers, suggested that there was never any possibility of an insurrection from the small and ill-organized FLQ or from any other group."

This troubling conclusion motivated the replacement of the War Measures Act with the Emergencies Act. The new Act was designed to be more limited in effect—and much more difficult to invoke. And by any reasonable understanding, Trudeau has failed to meet the standard it sets out in the case of the protesting truckers.

First, the Emergencies Act specifies that only certain types of threats to public order can authorize emergency powers—which is why an order issued by the Governor General on Tuesday made the shocking allegation that the Freedom Convoy's activities are "directed toward or in support" of terrorism.

It's an astonishing claim for those who have been following the protests both in Canada's capital and at border crossings closely. There is not a single violent incident that could possibly support a legally sufficient argument that the protests have been in support of or connected with terrorism.

Second, the new Emergencies Act required a "national emergency" to be invoked, something so serious that it cannot be resolved by means of any other law or combination of laws. And yet, the two most significant challenges to the government—the blockades of the Ambassador Bridge (from Windsor to Detroit) and the crossing from Sweetgrass, Montana to Coutts, Alberta—were both resolved peacefully, and without a single act of violence on the part of either the protesters or the police. At the end of the Coutts blockade, the demonstrators lined up to shake hands with law enforcement (the same ritual that ends every hockey game). Only the protest in Ottawa remains, and evidence of terrorism, at least outside of the realm of mind-reading, remains rather thin. Moreover, Trudeau has refused to even meet with the truckers.

All of this means that Trudeau has failed to meet the requirements for invoking the Emergencies Act. His doing so is clearly unconstitutional.

Trudeau has repeatedly said in the media that the Freedom Convoy is an illegal protest. It is not. In multiple hearings on applications for injunctions, many related to noise complaints, the courts in the national capital have acknowledged that the fundamental freedoms of speech and assembly are constitutional in nature. For that reason, municipal by-laws that relate to noise and the use of public parks can only be enforced against those exercising those freedoms if they constitute a reasonable limitation on these constitutional rights in the circumstances.

Rather than allowing the courts, the provincial authorities, and the police continue to take a considered and balanced approach to legal and constitutionally protected activity, Justin Trudeau has chosen to fan the flames of division.

Pierre Trudeau's actions in 1970 created deep and longstanding divisions within the Canadian public, some of which persist 52 years later. What his son is now doing is perhaps even worse. Destroying the fabric that holds the nation together on a far flimsier pretext than even the October Crisis is unconstitutional—and the real threat to Canada's democracy.

https://www.newsweek.com/trudeaus-power-grab-unconstitutional-opinion-1679605

B
Legend
Legend
B
The guy is a communist.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
They're a very spirited bunch!

I just cannot wrap my head around people who would be okay with him making these types of statements towards fellow citizens. I mean even if you voted for him, you surely can't be fine with the way he acts, refuses to answer questions, and just appears to antagonize people on purpose.

What is this guy trying to accomplish? I honestly don't get it, I am completely flummoxed. Does he actually believe he's doing the right things?

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
O
Legend
Legend
O
No, he's just another liberal world leader dealing with home-grown right-wing idiocy. Potato-potato.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
Legend
Legend
E
So, you think it's ok for him to freeze individuals bank accounts?

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Of course... they're terrorists!

O
Legend
Legend
O

I think he has a country to run, and these people are an issue at the moment. I would have just gassed them all. They would have left, and it would have looked like America, so the trupian right wouldn't have their tails in a twist.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

I think he has a country to run, and these people are an issue at the moment. I would have just gassed them all. They would have left, and it would have looked like America, so the trupian right wouldn't have their tails in a twist.

And you wonder why you get labeled as an radical extremist. You think he should take control of citizens bank accounts. Just because they are non-violently protesting. Commie much?

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Wait, what? I mean that is exactly how the right treated protestors here… and I'm the radical? LMAO@U

E
Legend
Legend
E
How and when did the right take control of any citizen bank accounts?

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
You called me an extremist for saying I'd gas them like YOU guys, or your dear leader, did here during BLM. Let's stick to facts; no cheap gotchas here.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/18/22 09:08 PM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
No, I'm talking about freezing people's bank accounts. Do you really feel the govt should be doing that just because they have a different political view and are protesting peacefully? You tried to make an excuse for it, so I'm asking you Yes or No.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yes and no, actually. I agree with you that freezing their accounts is way beyond drastic, but the same protestors have/had Canada buy the financial short and curly on this international trade issue costing countries (plural) billions. So, I would definitely leverage whatever I could to make it stop, but certainly not follow through and actually seize anyone's money. And as far as I know the assets are just frozen, not sized. So, saying you hold up billions, we'll hold up your money, is kind of just hardball negotiating. And I don't have to agree or disagree with Trudeau to see the position he is/was in. I'm sure other countries, especially the US and many large, very rich, and powerful companies have been putting a little pressure on young Justin. Being the PM, ball in my court, and an international financial crap storm brewing from these peaceful protests… I would have done something similar, at the very least.

Personally, I don't envy any of the Western power leaders right now. The whole world is reeling from the pandemic and the same shipping, labor, and nefarious political issues that have plagued us here. Time for the adults to regain control.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/18/22 09:47 PM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Play hardball about what? They are protesting covid mandates. Something so simple and covid is not a threat at this point in time. They aren't burning, looting, or vandalizing. They aren't assaulting and raping. Maybe Trudeau can come back to reality and loosen up. He is a dictator at this point. Freezing citizen's bank accounts because they disagree with his political point of view is a commie move.. It's criminal. Canada needs to overthrow him.

If our President (right or left) decided to start freezing American citizen bank accounts because they disagreed with the President's political view point.....how do you think that would go?

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
What is this guy trying to accomplish? I honestly don't get it, I am completely flummoxed. Does he actually believe he's doing the right things?
It's baffling. I think you really need to read between the lines to find the bigger issue. Strangely, enough it has something to do with OCD's "potato-potato".

The dictator's grip on power has been waning. Mostly because he seems more like a frat-boy interested in dress-up (including black-face) than an actual leader.

Things are coming to a head during the Biden administration.

Trudeau was deeply fascinated with a "bromance" that seemed inevitable once Biden took office. With covid fatigue just around the corner, anything was a welcome reprieve from the "Trump fatigue" much of the planet was fed up with.

Trudeau was the first world leader to talk to President-Elect Biden after the election, they discussed the importance of the unique Canada-U.S. partnership and continuing to fight the COVID-19 pandemic together. Reports were they talked about climate change, trade, softwood lumber, energy, and of course, the controversial Keystone pipeline.

They seemed like best buds... for a few months.

Then the executive order for blocking the Keystone pipeline went down. Canadian citizens and energy officials, naturally, placed part of the blame on Trudeau. He bowed under the guise and policies to work on "climate change".

Since then, Trudeau has become Biden's red-headed step-child, at every turn.

Vaccines? America First was held over from the Trump administration and dictated that Trudeau get his shipped in from Belgium... even though Pfizer had a plant in Michigan.

Buy American saw Biden make very few exceptions for our "friends" north of the border.

Build Back Better contains a number of protectionist measures that will hurt Canada.

Things really came to a head late November.

Trudeau traveled to the US to speak with Biden about lumber... and potatoes.

P.E.I. (Prince Edward Island) potatoes were discovered to have "warts" (a type of potato mold) entering the US. No big deal as both countries had longstanding procedures for quarantine and mitigation science that prevented problems. And the issues of pests, molds, etc were always present for both PEI potatoes entering the US and Idaho potatoes entering Canada.

Trudeau came back from the US hopeful... The next day Biden banned import of the potatoes.

Two days later, the duty charged on Canadian softwood lumber entering the United States was hiked from 8.99% to 17.9%

Trudeau has been under intense fire and characterized as a "very weak leader" by Canadians ever since.

As this whole story (and failed bromance) chugs along, so did the impending vaccine mandates. The trucker mandates were set to arrive for both countries at just about the same time.

Biden and OSHA wavered... The American Trucking Association sought clarification for months on end and got nothing but "maybe, maybe not". Trudeau wavered, reports were that the mandate would not take effect just days before the start date (January 15th), Trudeau clarified the next day and stated reports were due to a "misunderstanding", and mandates would in fact be enforced.

Two days before Canada's mandate took effect, OSHA clarified our own stance. After months of "no clarification for exemptions for truck drivers", they released the following: "The rule provides that, even where the [mandate] applies to a particular employer, its requirements do not apply to employees ‘who do not report to a workplace where other individuals such as coworkers or customers are present’ or employees ‘who work exclusively outdoors.’ Therefore, the requirements of the [mandate] do not apply to truck drivers who do not occupy vehicles with other individuals as part of their work duties.”

So then the only ones affected are drivers that work in teams. I think Trudeau saw it as a "bait and switch". Keep in mind though, this was all under the umbrella of forced vaccination for large companies, which the Supreme Court struck down.

Biden has still maintained the mandate for truckers crossing the border... with one big difference... it only applies to foreign drivers. So, while Canadian drivers are forced into Draconian measures, US drivers can come back into the US unimpeded.

Trudeau is once again left holding the bag, tail between his legs. Papa Joe? "This is one of the easiest relationships you can have as an American President." I guess so lol.

Somewhere along this journey over the last few weeks, this enraged lunatic just simply decided he will die on this hill. Tired as being seen as a weak leader, he was going to "flex" at any and all costs... culminating in the actions over the past few days that has much of the world, and many Canadians, seeing him for what he is... a tyrannical dictator.

So alas, truckers have become pawns in a political game on both sides. Essential workers, who are paid by the mile, held up at borders, quarantined for not getting a vaccine that does nothing to mitigate spread at this stage. Empty shelves, inflation at an all time high; supply chains in shambles exacerbating both problems. But as long as leaders can "look strong" and "be right", all is well.

Covid... much, much more than a pandemic.

2 members like this: tastybrownies, EveDawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
They should follow the mandates. This pandemic might have been gone long ago if the idiocy over doing your part would have stopped here. Maybe not, but we'll never know now because SO many think they are immortal. Until they are lying in a hospital fighting for their last breaths anyway.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Canadian culture is nothing like American culture…

Trying to draw comparisons using American culture as a backdrop is simply incoherent…

Carry on, I am munching on my popcorn…

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Suddenly they care about the rights of people in another country. When many of them don't care about the rights of people in their own country. Following their Republican extremist politicians lead. #fauxoutrage

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Suddenly they care about the rights of people in another country. When many of them don't care about the rights of people in their own country. Following their Republican extremist politicians lead. #fauxoutrage

That isn't close to true. It is still about masking mandates. The difference is this time they are shutting down bank accounts.

Sorry, if you don't see a problem with that, you are beyond help, but I think you do.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think we don't elect politicians in Canada. I think it's a bunch of faux outrage over something that is of no concern to us. I think threatening to send the military into U.S. cities is worse than temporary holds on people's bank accounts. Canada didn't take their money.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think

P
Legend
Legend
P
Nothing of substance yet again. If only you had shown this much concern of what was going in in your own country from 2016-2020. But you didn't. That's why the words of you and your ilk ring hollow.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from images.squarespace-cdn.com]

P
Legend
Legend
P
Posting a self portrait won't help you. It seems you're more concerned with Canada than America.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The old "I know you are but what am I?" spiel. Pee Wee would be proud. thumbsup

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm so glad you're proud Pee Wee.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Strawman: The Thread

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
A
Legend
Legend
A
I think we don't elect politicians in Canada. I think it's a bunch of faux outrage over something that is of no concern to us. I think threatening to send the military into U.S. cities is worse than temporary holds on people's bank accounts. Canada didn't take their money.

Again, what you are missing, or forget on purpose is "....IF cities and states can't control the VIOLENT protests and looting....."

P
Legend
Legend
P
What you are missing is that you have always said the federal government has no business in interfering is state and local government. Until now of course. And it wasn't a violent protest in D.C. when they used violence to disperse a crowd so Trump could get a photo op using a Bible in front of a church. And from you? Not a peep. And now you're so concerned with Canada? mmmmm hmmmmm.....

And states could have controlled it. It was an ultimatum from Trump.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
What you are missing is that you have always said the federal government has no business in interfering is state and local government. Until now of course. And it wasn't a violent protest in D.C. when they used violence to disperse a crowd so Trump could get a photo op using a Bible in front of a church. And from you? Not a peep. And now you're so concerned with Canada? mmmmm hmmmmm.....

And states could have controlled it. It was an ultimatum from Trump.

The answer my friend, is pit is twisting in the wind. The answer is pit is twisting in the wind.

I'm not concerned with canada.

Federal gov't. does not need to interfere in state and local gov't. The problem is, you twist and turn more than one can imagine.

You got 1 violent protest in DC? Did you want the military there? Trump simply said, for about the 50th time, IF cities and states can't or won't protect..........he will send in the military. Period. Peaceful protests? No issue. Burning and looting and the cities can't control it? Military to help.

I would guess if people were assailing your home or apartment, and your city or stated wouldn't intervene, you would want someone to intervene, right?

Day after day you continually amaze me with your 2 facedness and bias. You do you.

Oh, and keep that sig. Makes you look like a fool, but you're good at that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
IF cities and states can't control the VIOLENT protests and looting

suddenly changed into.......
IF cities and states can't or won't protect

And you missed it.... again. It was a peaceful protest in the middle of the day when they used violence to disperse the peaceful protest.

Officers fire tear gas on peaceful protesters to clear the way for Trump’s photo op

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/6/1/21277530/trump-speech-police-violence-dc-tear-gas

You don't need a sig. to look like a fool.

I'm not concerned with canada.

Yet here you are arguing about it. See, you don't need a sig. to look like a fool.

IF cities and states can't or won't protect..........he will send in the military. Period. Peaceful protests? No issue. Burning and looting and the cities can't control it? Military to help.

Yet what was done in D.C had nothing to do with violence. But you believe Trump anyway.

So now you've found your excuse why you think Trump had the right to use the power of the federal military to interfere with states and city government.

#gmstrong
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
They should follow the mandates. This pandemic might have been gone long ago if the idiocy over doing your part would have stopped here. Maybe not, but we'll never know now because SO many think they are immortal. Until they are lying in a hospital fighting for their last breaths anyway.

The issue wasnt following the mandates. The issue was the governments refusal to answer ANY questions on the mandates. And it really wasn't a recent thing, people have been following some pretty crazy rules for the last 2 years with no responses as to why/how. The previous Christmas you could go to the store and buy Christmas cards, but not the Birthday cards right next to them. You could but band-aids, but not cotton balls. Tooth paste, but not shampoo. To make it worse for the most part you wouldn't know what you couldn't buy until you got to the store. Some product was covered in sheets or signs saying you could not buy it due to the mandates but other product right next to it could be purchased. You could not gather to protest Covid restrictions, but you could gather to protest anything else. Many Convenience stores could not open but none of the liquor stores would be closed.

There wasn't enough thought into how things were done and how people could reasonably follow mandates. A group of mothers in Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation were fined $5000.00 each because they travelled to the next town to get diapers and food for their families, in defiance of the stay at home order. The groceries in their town were all closed and the delivery system was 3 weeks behind in delivering 'essentials only'. They were fined January 20th, once it made the news there was an uproar so they eased restrictions on Feb 4th so the local stores could open and sell food. https://www.ncncree.com/wp-content/uploads/OIC-State-of-Emergency-February-3-2022.pdf

1 member likes this: s003apr
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:
rofl

Tackles are tackles.
A
Legend
Legend
A
I really can't believe you are this dense. Or.......can I?

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:
rofl

If you found that one funny..

Legend
Legend

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Justin Trudeau Has Become a Tyrannical Leader

Link Copied to Clipboard