Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
[quote]“You’ve been handed the responsibility to fight for our Constitution and stand for our freedoms, and stop the Democrats who are the communist party of the United States of America,” Greene said.[quote]

Sounds like Peen.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
MTG is vile as hell. She'll get hers someday soon.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
and this is what people dont get bro:

Florida senator says ‘militant left-wing’ Americans are a greater threat to country than all wars the US has ever fought

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-senator-says-militant-left-220633015.html

conservatives tried to excuse everything trump did as "oh he was just joking," or "he's telling it like it is". always saying we're whining about his style.

Well this dude has enabled all the crazies that exist in this country and we have republican officials saying this crap...and ACTUALLY mean it.

Scott isnt "joking" here. this isnt sarcasm. this dude really believes this crap. the majorie greene's and Gosar's really believe in this crap. conservatives elected a clown, but won't claim the circus that followed. everything that going on, and they still treat liberals as if we not even americans.

look at this:

“The woke left now controls the Democrat party, the entire federal government, the news media, academia, big tech, Hollywood, most corporate boardrooms and now even some of our top military leaders.

“They are working to redefine America, silence their opponents — and that means you — they are destroying just about everything they touch and they’ve got their hands on everything,” he said, without providing any evidence or context to back up his claims.

______

i mean damn. if its that bleak, isn't America already a lost cause? if the Dems have all of this, that means you are clearly the minority in your ideology/beliefs, right? like, whatever culture you identify with clearly isn't compatible with american culture.

im just so confused. i cant figure out how the republican party gains power if they don't control anything. its not making any sense.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

bro these are people running for office across the GOP the last few elections. i wanted to keep this line of thinking out of the ukraine thread....man damn you can make a case there's a lot of support for Putin in this country that we care to admit. ive been telling you guys these crazies love that authoritarian style leadership.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
If we were officially at war, most of this would be treason.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Fear is a very powerful weapon. It’s been overplayed by the far right. People like MTG are the result.

When you replace rationality with fear in order to further your agenda, it gets away from you and you end up losing your rational base (Jfan, DC, FATE, oober (I presume)), and substitute it with people like MTG and her base.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That is pretty much insane. To place Putin and Christianity in the same sentence is pure insanity.

They are either dumber than a box of rocks or being paid by Vlad.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
She should move to russia so she can feel protected, what an idiot

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sen. Mitt Romney Slams GOP 'Morons' At 'Evil' White Nationalist Conference

Sen. Mitt Romney (Utah) on Sunday castigated fellow Republican lawmakers who recently spoke at a white nationalist conference in Florida, calling the event “evil” and likening those attending to “morons.”

“There’s no place in either political party for this white nationalist or racism. It’s simply wrong. It’s, as you’ve indicated, speaking of evil, it’s evil as well,” Romney told CNN’s Dana Bash on “State of the Union.”

He went on to call out Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) for speaking at the third annual America First Political Action Conference, which was organized by white nationalist figurehead Nick Fuentes in Orlando, Florida.

Arizona state Sen. Wendy Rogers and Idaho Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin, both Republicans, also spoke at the event in a pre-recorded video.

“I don’t know them,” he said of Greene and Gosar, “but I’m reminded of that old line from the ‘Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid’ movie where one character says, ‘Morons, I’ve got morons on my team.’ And I have to think anybody that would sit down with white nationalists and speak at their conference was certainly missing a few IQ points.”

Amid Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Romney was also quick and vocal with his denouncement of fellow Republicans who have sided with Russian President Vladimir Putin, saying he believes any such support is “almost treasonous.” He also said he hopes many of them are “changing their stripes” in the wake of the ongoing violence.

“How anybody in this country, which loves freedom, can side with Vladimir Putin, which is an oppressor, a dictator, he kills people. He imprisons his political opponents. He has been an adversary of America at every chance he’s had. It’s unthinkable to me,” he said. “It’s almost treasonous and it just makes me ill to see some of these people do that but, of course, they do it because they think it’s shock value and it’s going to get them more eyeballs and maybe make a little more money for them or their network. It’s disgusting and I’m hopeful that you’re seeing some of those people recognize just how wrong they were.”

Romney held back in directly condemning former President Donald Trump when questioned by Bash about whether he believes Trump’s past praise of Putin is treasonous. He did say: “Standing up for freedom is the right thing to do in America and anything less than that, in my opinion, is unworthy of American support.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/sen-mitt-romney-slams-gop-170042950.html

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Well I think he nailed it.

I guess I would like the same condemnation from every Trump voting poster on the board.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Fear is a very powerful weapon. It’s been overplayed by the far right. People like MTG are the result.

When you replace rationality with fear in order to further your agenda, it gets away from you and you end up losing your rational base (Jfan, DC, FATE, oober (I presume)), and substitute it with people like MTG and her base.

There are a lot of rational posters on here that I would like to think do not support Trump. But then we need to do the math. Trump had 74 million votes, second highest in US history next to only Biden. That is 5 million more than Obama had in his best numbers. I have to think that included most conservative voters in the country. So I struggle to give a pass to anyone that sounds like they still support him, or even 'might' still support after January 6th. I do know that some are lying about their support, they have to be or Trump wouldn't still be so popular in the party.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Only time I hear about trump is on here.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Well you should do a better job of listening.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Did you hear Romney? “Morons, I've got morons on my team.”

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/27/22 09:16 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

REP. CLAY HIGGINS BAFFLES INTERNET W/ 'WOKE SKY' TWEET… The Music Jokes Fly!!!

https://www.tmz.com/2022/02/27/rep-clay-higgins-millennial-leftists-woke-sky-tweet/

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

1 member likes this: dawglover05
A
Legend
Legend
A
Why'd you reply to me?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I’m a millennial who lived through the end of the Cold War, witnessing the two longest wars in US history, the threat of nukes (we were alive in the 80’s and we can remember them, believe it or not), soaring tuition costs at 7.5% student loan interest, the second worst recession of American history when I was looking for my first long-term professional job, skyrocketing real estate prices, witnessing 9/11 firsthand at 18, witnessing Columbine, advancing with the world into the age of information, witnessing a president who lied about going to 3rd base in an affair, witnessing an unjustifiable war, and then witnessing a narcissistic sociopath take office to further his own legacy. Somehow still managed to get married at 25 (still married), have a great job and great kids, a house in the ‘burbs, and I would trade nothing back.

But I would love for this boomer representative to still pretend like it wasn’t his generation that profited off the prior’s hard work, earned a decent pension, and milked this country for everything it’s worth to hand my generation and Gen Z the bar tab at the end of the party and then call us “woke millennials.” Fact: it wasn’t my generation in power when we went from being the world’s largest creditor to the world’s largest debtor.

But please, Mr. Higgins, by all means, go and earn your cheap political points from people who don’t think critically.

/touchednerve

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Swish
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Why'd you reply to me?

Just pointing out that people outside of DT are talking about Trump in the same way we do in here. Imagine that.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

These people don't live in reality. Traitorous Putin loving anti American right. Still screaming drill baby drill. This oil glut is going to pass, so unless more oil production is necessary for national security, why would we rush to add to the climate crisis?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/27/22 11:25 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Tough guy. He should have spoke up like that when Trump called his dad a traitor and assassin, or when he called his wife ugly. STFU Ted.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Or when the weather got bad for his constituents.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: mgh888, PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Bro the republicans are really trying to compare Ukraine to the southern border. I honestly can’t keep up with their crap anymore. It’s like Alex Jones has taken over the right.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
The Putin supporting Rs need to go.

O
Legend
Legend
O
The hilarious part is how 'commie' is kind of a go-to slam for them (libs are commies), and then turn around and openly praise an actual avatar for the worst chapters of Communism.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Why'd you reply to me?

Probably because you said the only time you heard about Trump was on here. That means you either aren't paying attention or refuse to listen to any news outlet that reports what's going on. Refuse to listen to any place that reports these anti American sentiments coming from the far right. And when you do see them on here, when you see these things coming from their own mouths, you refuse to condemn them for it. Sometimes silence speaks volumes. But you are not alone.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Just for those wondering anything about The Conservative Political Action Committee and the guy who organized it.... Nick Fuentes, one only needs to watch this. This is how he opened the convention. Yet these so called conservatives still decided to stay and address CPAC. This is where Republicans MTG, Gosar, Idaho Republican Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin all spoke at this White Supremacist rally which supported Russia and Putin.

Yet MTG claims she had no idea what this was about. Any questions?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
More on that conference - and more on why Trump still matters and is an ongoing topic of political discussion:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60559403

All of this suggests a very real divide within the Republican Party over how to handle Russia's Ukraine invasion. A straw poll of conference-goers found only 3% viewed Russia as the "greatest threat to America", versus 35% seeing China that way and 61% choosing "Joe Biden's incompetence". That same poll showed 59% of attendees wanted Mr Trump to be their party's nominee in 2024, far surpassing runner-up DeSantis's 28%.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
F
Legend
Legend
F
And If Trump where the nominee, I am confident you'd see more Republicans and Independents voting Democrat that ever before.
(Gallup polling found that 31% of Americans identified as Democrats, 25% identified as Republican, and 41% as Independent.)

As far as China, I am not surprised, as most of us have seen Russia's decline over the decades and China's rise, not to mention the sheer size of China population wise. They have a male population between 25-54 that is damn near our entire population.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Three Republicans don't think lynchings should be a hate crime. THREE.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

why do you think should lynching be a hate crime?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Wow. Why do you think they shouldn't be hate crimes?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Wow. Why do you think they shouldn't be hate crimes?

never said they shouldn't be. I just asked why you thought they should be?

P
Legend
Legend
P
The history speaks volumes. But I agree it wouldn't have to be a hate crime. But then you may wish to think about where those who voted against banning lynchings were from.

Clyde is from Georgia. Massie is from Kentucky and Chip Roy is from Texas. More than a little suggestive considering their geography.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
The history speaks volumes. But I agree it wouldn't have to be a hate crime. But then you may wish to think about where those who voted against banning lynchings were from.

Clyde is from Georgia. Massie is from Kentucky and Chip Roy is from Texas. More than a little suggestive considering their geography.

I would like to start by saying that lynching is not ok. It is a disgusting, disturbing, and inhumane practice used for execution.

digging into the part that bothers me... I think the south has a history of hanging people in general. To make lynching a hate crime seems questionable because it is inferring it is happening because of someone's race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or disability. American History shows that is simply not the case.

By making lynching a hate crime also starts to blur the lines of a specific action becoming a hate crime. (obviously extremely) but... People could start arguing that giving someone a ticket for parking in front of a Synagogue is a hate crime.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I guess if you define it by the entire history of our nation you may have a point about lynchings in general. But try looking at the 20th century, the struggle for civil rights and try looking at it from that context. The evidence is overwhelming. It's common knowledge that lynchings were continued as murder and condemnation of blacks long after whites were no longer being lynched and primarily in the south. It would be stretch of anyone's imagination not to see the correlation here.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I guess if you define it by the entire history of our nation you may have a point about lynchings in general. But try looking at the 20th century, the struggle for civil rights and try looking at it from that context. The evidence is overwhelming. It's common knowledge that lynchings were continued as murder and condemnation of blacks long after whites were no longer being lynched and primarily in the south. It would be stretch of anyone's imagination not to see the correlation here.

You must not be Italian American. Otherwise, you would likely have a different opinion.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus What Republicans have become part 3

Link Copied to Clipboard