j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bonefish
Interesting.

I wonder if the Browns made an offer?

I doubt the fo is that bumb

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15
My heart says I don’t want DeShaun Watson. My head says that if we don’t get him someone else will.

I'll take running with Baker - or any other QB in the NFL, or a rookie - rather than be forced to try and root for a sexual predator. That'd be a death nail for as long as he was on the team.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Tackles are tackles.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg

Our first should be offered for Metcalf and our third should be offered for Lockett.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Eh. I'd offer a 2nd claiming we'd have to sign him to an healthy extension.

Tyler, maybe a 4th with a production incentive to a third. He'll be 30 as the season starts.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, cfrs15
M
Legend
Legend
M
Clearly, I'm spitballing. But I don't know if I'd be willing to give up a first for DK. He's a beast, for sure. Just seemed to be inconsistent w/ a really good QB.

Tackles are tackles.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Clearly, I'm spitballing. But I don't know if I'd be willing to give up a first for DK. He's a beast, for sure. Just seemed to be inconsistent w/ a really good QB.

He doesn’t turn 25 until December. I’d probably give up more than our first for him. He’s more of a sure thing than anything we’ll get in the draft.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

He doesn’t turn 25 until December. I’d probably give up more than our first for him. He’s more of a sure thing than anything we’ll get in the draft.

Wow. I didn't know he was only 24 at the moment. No doubt, he definitely has proved value, so ok, a first rounder seems somewhat reasonable but no sure I'd go more than that. He still has been inconsistent, IMO.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Image a world where you could have your choice of Marquise Brown, Deebo Samuel, A.J. Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Diontae Johnson or Terry McLaurin... by just NOT trading your 1st round pick for Odell Beckham.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
3 members like this: Milk Man, mgh888, MemphisBrownie
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
Image a world where you could have your choice of Marquise Brown, Deebo Samuel, A.J. Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Diontae Johnson or Terry McLaurin... by just NOT trading your 1st round pick for Odell Beckham.

"King John, baby. Let's Goooooooooooooo!"

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: mgh888
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Good ole Buddy Boy.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Not counting QB, here are the main offensive weapons for SEA as of now:

RB- Carson
WR- Lockett
WR- Metcalf
TE- Fant

Fant is the interesting part in this whole trade, IMO. In a prior post, I suggested that SEA might embark on a rebuild, and that might still be the case. But adding Fant to a relatively good offensive receiver group might indicate Seattle is actively looking to a vet QB with this group to plug n play. And, coupled with the draft haul they just received, might be in a good position to fill other holes.

We'll see.

Tackles are tackles.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
L

The Seahawks are officially one of the dumb teams.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think a bunch of people keep forgetting that Wilson could veto any trade to a place he didn't like.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
2 members like this: oobernoober, Dave
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
I think a bunch of people keep forgetting that Wilson could veto any trade to a place he didn't like.

I will qualify my statement.

If the Seahawks had permission to trade Wilson to WFT and didn’t because they are in the same conference then they are one of the dumb teams.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I'm disappointed in the Rodgers deal. I was counting on Rodgers drama to keep me entertained until the draft.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Squires
I'm disappointed in the Rodgers deal. I was counting on Rodgers drama to keep me entertained until the draft.

Favre could still un-retire with the paychecks being thrown around.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Originally Posted by Squires

Favre could still un-retire with the paychecks being thrown around.

[Linked Image from i.kym-cdn.com]

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

The exact type of player we need but have no chance of getting.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Slow poke

2 members like this: oobernoober, MemphisBrownie
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Again, now would be a good time to get DK Metcalf.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Again, now would be a good time to get DK Metcalf.

Wait until after the draft when the market shrinks and the bidding war dies down. Second round pick offer or opt out.

Metcalf will need extended which will require a big dollar commitment and we do not even have a franchise QB. Why commit big dollars and draft capital w/o a QB in place?

Given our rebuilding situation on offense, I'd build WR through the draft. Sign a guy like Cedrick Wilson in FA.

* The Browns are no longer a true Super Bowl contender.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I’d commit all the money to guys around the QB so that when the QB becomes available or needs to be drafted he is inserted into a great situation.

Generally teams want to make the trade before the draft because they want to have the pick in hand as soon as possible. If Metcalf is made available someone will trade for him quickly. I hope it is us.

M
Legend
Legend
M
This is what you do when you are bringing on a rookie QB and trying to promote an environment in which to have early success. Instead, we have the the #1 overall QB that is expected to lift the guys around him, but cannot. The Browns would be presumably giving up future assets and building around a QB that will unlikely be here next year on a team that is a non-contender.

What is the upside given the dollars involved, draft capital and strength of WR class in '22?

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
The upside is when you get the QB you don’t need anything. You hit the ground running. In the meantime Baker is given everything he needs to succeed, so if he doesn’t you know for sure he’s not the guy.

I am not concerned about the depth of the receiver class. Every receiver class is deep at this point. Colleges are pumping receivers out every year that are Uber talented.

1 member likes this: Milk Man
M
Legend
Legend
M
I weep, acknowledging we lack the elite franchise QB this franchise has never had. Almost-rans.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I was looking forward to come home from home tonight and read the comments about this trade.

My initial thoughts when I saw the trade and thinking if that trade was to us, was hell no that is too much to give up. I'm still leaning to that side as we don't have any WRs and need some DL starters. Obviously, that is without going through cap details and how much we would have left to spend on areas.

I was interested in seeing how everyone's posts would change my mind in all the picks that were given up.

I know Wilson didn't want to come here, so this whole scenario is out (and i'm fine with that). I tend to side on the pick hoarder and using them as bargaining chips, flexability, and etc. I guess that's probably noticeable from previous posts.

Anyways, if this trade was for us. I think I would've offered a third 1st rounder and added DK to the trade, maybe even Lockett. Without Lockett, I would've pulled back a 2nd rounder. This way Wilson still has his familiar weapons and the WR room has at least some talent. I'm sure we would have to pull some some FAs that are looking to have a 1 year bounce back.

As for Denver, I think it was a good trade for them. They have some WR weapons already in place

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Milk Man
I weep, acknowledging we lack the elite franchise QB this franchise has never had. Almost-rans.

It’s so frustrating that I’ve (I’m sure I’m speaking for almost all of us) become numb with the position.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Bleh, doubt that does anything to help us re-sign Clowney at a reasonable cost.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
I just read an account by a woman who did not file against Deshaun Watson.

She was referred by another therapist and had a encounter with Watson.

Her story was straight forward and sounded honest.

He may not have done anything forceful. But Watson is a creep show. He has problems to do the crap he has done. All these women are telling the same story.

He will play again. And people can act like nothing happened and his play on the field is all that counts.

I would rather have Baker. I don't want a thing to do with Watson. And I hope Berry makes no attempt to trade for him. I don't care what kind of player he is.

B
Legend
Legend
B
The upside is when you get the QB you don’t need anything. You hit the ground running. In the meantime Baker is given everything he needs to succeed, so if he doesn’t you know for sure he’s not the guy.

I am not concerned about the depth of the receiver class. Every receiver class is deep at this point. Colleges are pumping receivers out every year that are Uber talented.

This class is deeper than most. If all that many receivers come out who are all that good, why is there a problem getting one?

All player evaluation guys have their strengths. So with strengths come some sort of weakness so to speak. My feeling is that for whatever reason we seem to be fairly weak in evaluating wide receivers and defensive tackles. Maybe we need to tweak the WR and DT evaluators.

DT's are always pretty rare. Maybe we need to quit trying to find one in the mid rounds. With this years receiver class, we should be able to find good ones in to the 3rd round. If not, we defiantly have a problem finding good ones or we have a problem with the coaching staff and have a problem in either teaching them or using them properly.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I would wish that all this garbage talk about replacing Mayfield would quit. This is the same guy that fans wanted to have a parade for when he led a piss ant franchise to the playoffs after 2 plus decades rolling in [censored] year after year. The same guy that quarterbacked a franchise coming off a 1-31 two year campaign to lead the team to a 11 win season by his 3rd season. That same team that took 4-years (2014-2017) to win 11 games before he got there. Mayfield's reward for turning around the franchise after a failing 2021 - pleads to replace him at any cost - even suggesting a Trubisky as a replacement - no #1 WR for the last 2-years - played through an injury filled season only to be questioned about his skill set - both RB's missing time - OL decimated - and a WR group who accepts no blame yet it's #2 WR makes season ending comments that he was playing hurt without telling the team. A WR group that didn't have a single player PFF rated higher than 73rd in the league - but it was all Mayfield's fault.

All of this and the Browns have a coach that refuses to play to the skill set of his WR's - or his TE's - or more importantly his QB, yet Mayfield is still there ready to lead his team in 2022. The Browns fans don't deserve a winner. They will never be satisfied or accept valid excuses. Being a top 5 QB in 2020 with a playoff appearance and the first 2 games before injury in 2021 is not good enough. If you're a Browns QB you must win no matter what the circumstances. But hey, let's trade away the Browns future to get a Wilson who will also be put on the "Browns One Way Out of Town" train if they don't win. That's what Browns fans do - in almost 30-years, I haven't seen a QB yet that the fans have supported for more than a few games.

For the most part, Berry has done a great job. I'm not on board with all of his moves but no one is 100% right all the time. I waiting to see how he addresses the team this year. Is he going to get Mayfield the weapons he's been lacking the last 2-years? Is this the year Berry plugs the holes in the defense so the team can close out games the way they should? Are the Browns going to finally play to win instead of playing not to lose? IMHO, Stefanski and Berry are in a prove it year as much as Mayfield, maybe more so. Will Berry put his QB in the best situation to win? The moves that happen over the next couple of months will tell if the Browns are going to put their QB in the best possible situation to win or not. The ball is now in Berry's court..................................

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
4 members like this: WSU Willie, Hammer, Floquinho
Legend
Legend
Manning, Brady, Stafford, now Wilson moved on.

I want Baker to lead the Browns to a Championship. But this is a year that he must begin to show consistency. I have faith because I have seen him play at a high level. The problem is playing at that level consistently.

If he fails. The Browns are back in the quarterback hand out line. We need Baker to perform. The path to replace him is difficult and can ruin a team.

I believe in Berry and Stefanski. I want to stick with them. I don't expect perfection. I think they have what is needed to be successful if given the time.

Baker failing could cause a ripple effect and sink the team.

Berry will do his job this off season. He will bring in the needed positional talent. Stefanski will adjust and adapt. The talent will be there to make a run to the playoffs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm on board with all of that ,

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted by steve0255
I would wish that all this garbage talk about replacing Mayfield would quit. This is the same guy that fans wanted to have a parade for when he led a piss ant franchise to the playoffs after 2 plus decades rolling in [censored] year after year. The same guy that quarterbacked a franchise coming off a 1-31 two year campaign to lead the team to a 11 win season by his 3rd season. That same team that took 4-years (2014-2017) to win 11 games before he got there. Mayfield's reward for turning around the franchise after a failing 2021 - pleads to replace him at any cost - even suggesting a Trubisky as a replacement - no #1 WR for the last 2-years - played through an injury filled season only to be questioned about his skill set - both RB's missing time - OL decimated - and a WR group who accepts no blame yet it's #2 WR makes season ending comments that he was playing hurt without telling the team. A WR group that didn't have a single player PFF rated higher than 73rd in the league - but it was all Mayfield's fault.

All of this and the Browns have a coach that refuses to play to the skill set of his WR's - or his TE's - or more importantly his QB, yet Mayfield is still there ready to lead his team in 2022. The Browns fans don't deserve a winner. They will never be satisfied or accept valid excuses. Being a top 5 QB in 2020 with a playoff appearance and the first 2 games before injury in 2021 is not good enough. If you're a Browns QB you must win no matter what the circumstances. But hey, let's trade away the Browns future to get a Wilson who will also be put on the "Browns One Way Out of Town" train if they don't win. That's what Browns fans do - in almost 30-years, I haven't seen a QB yet that the fans have supported for more than a few games.

For the most part, Berry has done a great job. I'm not on board with all of his moves but no one is 100% right all the time. I waiting to see how he addresses the team this year. Is he going to get Mayfield the weapons he's been lacking the last 2-years? Is this the year Berry plugs the holes in the defense so the team can close out games the way they should? Are the Browns going to finally play to win instead of playing not to lose? IMHO, Stefanski and Berry are in a prove it year as much as Mayfield, maybe more so. Will Berry put his QB in the best situation to win? The moves that happen over the next couple of months will tell if the Browns are going to put their QB in the best possible situation to win or not. The ball is now in Berry's court..................................

Excellent post. Finally some sense.

There are moments when I have my doubts regarding Andrew Berry. Highly intelligent and seems to have all the potential in the world to be a excellent GM but my concerns is about his lack of experience how to deal with conflicts and outside pressure. The OBJ saga ended with lot’s of unanswered questions.

Berry says all the right things regarding Baker but still the overall feeling is that the FO isn’t 100% sure about how to move forward with our QB. This uncertainty creates unnecessary questions. The media continue to portrait our QB in negative terms. Even local media jump on that bandwagon. The Browns nation are divided in two groups. Some supporters seems to dislike, some even express hate against one of their own players. All this drama suck energy out of all of us who’re emotionally invested in the Cleveland Browns.

This vague communication habit has to stop and the person who has most power to set a new positive tone is our GM.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Off-season player movement

Link Copied to Clipboard