Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by RocketOptimist
Dialectical thinking is a skill I’ve been working on for a few months, Memphis. I’ve been on record multiple times that I would prefer the statue out in front of the stadium to be melted.

If you want to talk about Kareem, I understand where you’re coming from. It’s something I’ve continually wrestled with. At the same time, I view it much like the Myles Garrett situation. As a white guy, I truly have no idea what it’s like to be called the slur either of them was called. Is it cool he threw the woman into the door jam? No, not at all. However, given whatever Kareem and Myles have faced in their life, I try to do the Atticus Finch thing and try to put myself in their shoes to understand their reaction and perspective.

Kareem had a troubled past, but he’s seemed to embrace this second chance, and looks like he’s trying to atone for all he has done. Same with Myles.

Watson has yet to show any of this remorse or desire to atone.

Call this whatever you want, but I know I can’t justify rooting for Watson. No way I can explain to my son in the future, or other future children I may have, why their father rooted for a sexual predator.

Life is more than a fandom. Life is trying to make the world a better place one day at a time.

Do you have any idea what it's like to be "big man on campus" and spend most of your adult life with women throwing themselves at you? I'm not saying the women in the lawsuits did, but if you are used to women doing that, and then these women are rubbing on you, I can see how he may have read the signals wrong.

Again, I'm not saying this is the case. I'm saying that it could be the case. That's not an excuse for the behavior, but he's not necessarily a monster.

A big, spoiled, horny "kid", apparently so. At the minimum.

I don't even necessarily want him on the team, but I don't think your argument should only apply to Hunt and Myles if that's the one you're going with.

The team will do their investigation and see if they are comfortable with what they find.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Listening to the radio right now and they are discussing the trade and who would be the untouchables. Ward and Garrett are repeatedly brought up. But not Chubb. Would he be someone willing to be included in the Texans really wanted him? Then running in back (no pun intended) with Hunt and Johnson??

I'd have to say yes at this point.

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 03/12/22 12:38 PM.

Tackles are tackles.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Listening to the radio right now and they are discussing the trade and who would be the untouchables. Ward and Garrett are repeatedly brought up. But not Chubb. Would he be someone willing to be included? Then running in back (no pun intended) with Hunt and Johnson??

It's a tough questions.

Chubb is a no go for me. You trade for Watson because you have Chubb.

cfrs15 #1929553 03/12/22 12:42 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15
j/c:

Listening to the radio right now and they are discussing the trade and who would be the untouchables. Ward and Garrett are repeatedly brought up. But not Chubb. Would he be someone willing to be included? Then running in back (no pun intended) with Hunt and Johnson??

It's a tough questions.

So if the entire deal hinged on Chubb being included, you'd walk away? Interesting. I'm not firm on my leaning of "yes" in this situation but in order to get someone like Watson, giving up established assets like Chubb can sometimes be a part of it.

Still, at this point, I don't think the Browns are frontrunners but it fascinating to think about.

Tackles are tackles.
cfrs15 #1929554 03/12/22 12:42 PM
Legend
Legend
j/c:

It's a tough questions.

yea there would be bigger issues outside of berea than there were Jan 6th if Chubb was traded.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
cfrs15 #1929558 03/12/22 12:56 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
-----Next Question-----

Would Stefanski change his offense to match Watson's skillset or would he keep the offense the same and waste Watson like Stefanski has wasted several other premium WRs?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
-----Next Question-----

Would Stefanski change his offense to match Watson's skillset or would he keep the offense the same and waste Watson like Stefanski has wasted several other premium WRs?

Lol

EveDawg #1929562 03/12/22 01:08 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg
jc

This guy has a ton of civil suits coming up. We dont need the distraction. He shouldnt even be considered.

What amazes me is that this is the same fan base that gave the Steelers grief for years, and rightly so, for having a scum bag as their QB. Now they want to welcome a different scum bag with open arms. Sad.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: RocketOptimist
cfrs15 #1929567 03/12/22 01:30 PM
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
If a jury did not find him guilty, then I see no problem with him. It doesn't sound to me as if he "forced" anyone. Maybe he was aggressive, but in the end it was not rape or sexual battery. It would appear to me that these women consented at some point, and were not forced. When someone gets their day in court, and is not charged, I do not listen to what people think should happen to them. If he was guilty of a crime, he should be punished. But he was not found guilty, and all those virtue signaling, are wasting their time.

This guy is a true franchise QB, the Browns should do everything in their power to get him. Except trading Chubb.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
P
Legend
Legend
P
What was Big Ben convicted of?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1929574 03/12/22 01:52 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Nothing, but because he was on a hated rival in the minds of Browns fans he was guilty. Watson since he isn't on a hated rival gets a free pass.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
PitDAWG #1929576 03/12/22 01:53 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

So if we never anything about Roethlisberger’s issues then we are good?

I’m safe.

cfrs15 #1929577 03/12/22 01:53 PM
Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 03/12/22 01:54 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Swish #1929578 03/12/22 01:53 PM
Legend
Legend
Easy answer Watson.

Hand in glove fit.

IMO the Browns are all over this deal. Haslam is the guy who would make the call.

He would do it.

So IMO there is a good chance this happens.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by bonefish
Easy answer Watson.

Hand in glove fit.

IMO the Browns are all over this deal. Haslam is the guy who would make the call.

He would do it.

So IMO there is a good chance this happens.

There is definitely a non zero chance it happens. Watson gets to choose his spot though so it doesn’t even really matter what we are willing to offer.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

read the date....

Deshaun Watson
@deshaunwatson
Cleveland Browns making moves forreal!

10:41 PM · May 8, 2014·Twitter for iPhone

cfrs15 #1929581 03/12/22 02:02 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P

So if we never anything about Roethlisberger’s issues then we are good?

I’m safe.

Some people have minimum bar they set. Some people don't.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Ad hominen still very much alive and well here, eh? This and the gaslighting are the things I don’t miss.

If any of you want Watson, that’s your choice. Just remember how you felt about Ben and then think about how you now want Watson.

What matters the most to you?

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
PitDAWG #1929590 03/12/22 02:16 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
So beating up a pregnant girl is above or below said line?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Apples to oranges is not apples to apples.

Was Deshawn suspended for his actions? Did he apologize for his actions? Was he shunned by the league and actually out of the league while every team in the NFL were refusing to sign him? Was he in the situation of only one team willing to sign him at a fraction of the price he would be getting had that not have taken place?

But you see, DeShawn is a good QB so none of those things apply to him. I'm not against a player or person getting a second chance in life, but first they must address and be punished for what they did in the first place. Not be rewarded for it.

22 women have accused Watson, 22. Let that sink in for a m minute. And he has done nothing but play innocent and get those fat paychecks the entire time. Are you really trying to compare the two as being even close to the same thing?

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1929597 03/12/22 02:32 PM
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
j/c:

Watson won't be in a Browns uniform for a variety of reasons, many of them already discussed, and I'm glad. For any one or all of those reasons, I haven't really considered if I would be morally against having him here. It's a non-issue. Nor do I know if it would be a moral issue for me in general when thinking about personnel. Probably not. If I used a character or criminal litmus test for any impact player we might bring in, then where do we draw the line?

The interesting part of the conversation (for me) is that line. Is it okay or not okay to bring in a player based on: number of criminal complaints, criminal or civil issues, history of behavior, violence against women vs assault/battery in general vs rampant drug issues vs weapons charges vs accusations in college, possible missed time later in the season due to legal obligations, ones that deserve second chances vs ones who don't etc?

In other words, do we care more about a scumbag being in a Browns uniform (speaking in general) or the possibility that scumbag could be the piece to get us to a Superbowl (I don't think Watson is that answer specifically).

Would you rather have a great team with a few criminals, "reformed criminals", ingrates, reprobates and malcontents OR an average team that doesn't have those issues? That's a front office thing, and I trust this front office. In a perfect world, a sports team could be morally clean and formidable at the same time. Good luck.

It's football, not family or church. So, I don't put a lot of thought into the moral implications of signing a possible criminal or thief to a sports team. Those thought are best served elsewhere. I can be personally offended and disgusted based on my faith, but I'm not sure I'm all that offended in general by anything anymore when it comes to athletes (or other professions).

If any player came in and was a major influence on the Browns getting to the Superbowl, I suspect many in the fanbase would quickly forget or rationalize that player's criminal issues.

That being said, I'm still glad Watson probably won't be a Brown.

jmho

AZBrown #1929598 03/12/22 02:35 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
PitDAWG #1929604 03/12/22 02:58 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
22 women have accused Watson, 22. Let that sink in for a m minute. And he has done nothing but play innocent and get those fat paychecks the entire time. Are you really trying to compare the two as being even close to the same thing?

I don't care if it is 2, 22 or 222. I believe he is innocent until proven guilty in court.

I'd rather not acquire him for the Browns because I think the price is too high, and it puts too many eggs in his basket. All it takes is one stupid injury and we are set back years from the draft capitol we tossed at this.

FrankZ #1929609 03/12/22 03:02 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sounds logical. Accuse 22 women of lying to believe one man. But then that happened in 2016 and once again in 2020 so I'm not surprised.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1929611 03/12/22 03:04 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Apples to oranges is not apples to apples.

Was Deshawn suspended for his actions? Did he apologize for his actions? Was he shunned by the league and actually out of the league while every team in the NFL were refusing to sign him? Was he in the situation of only one team willing to sign him at a fraction of the price he would be getting had that not have taken place?

But you see, DeShawn is a good QB so none of those things apply to him. I'm not against a player or person getting a second chance in life, but first they must address and be punished for what they did in the first place. Not be rewarded for it.

You don't apologize when you have pending cases. That's like 1st class of pre-law stuff.

Having your name dragged through the mud for months/years isn't nothing. Especially if you didn't do what they said you did.

There's video of Hunt doing what he did. There's no hard evidence of Watson doing what it's claimed that he did.

Do you believe in innocence until proven guilty or not? It's the basis of our legal system.

....and it looks like we just traded for Amari Cooper, so I need to check that out.

I don't really want to trade for Watson anyways.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
cfrs15 #1929643 03/12/22 03:21 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
I don't want this rapist on our team.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I believe that 22 accusers is overwhelming. If you don't and think 22 women are lying, that's your choice.

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #1929648 03/12/22 03:25 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
thanks to the cooper trade, it's safe to say we can't afford Watson.

We are all in on Baker and if he stinks it up we will draft a QB next year.

2 members like this: FATE, EveDawg
cfrs15 #1929649 03/12/22 03:26 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
JUST SAY "HELL NO"

No need to get more complicated than that. Good grief, guys wanted to nail Baker to the cross because he got drunk and ran from the police for about 2.8 yards.... And now people want to embrace a serial sexual predator? And folks want to suggest that what Hunt did, one time, never before or since, is worse than a repeated pattern of deviant, sexual exploitive behavior that runs into the 20s???

Most Browns fans have hated on therapist in Pittsburgh for the last 20 years... Because he's a POS human who got away with rape.... And we think it's cool and groovy because Watson might be an upgrade at QB?

Hell no.

Last edited by mgh888; 03/12/22 03:26 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
4 members like this: PitDAWG, FATE, EveDawg
M
Legend
Legend
M

I don't think this is the case whatsoever.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

mgh888 #1929656 03/12/22 03:32 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888
JUST SAY "HELL NO"

No need to get more complicated than that. Good grief, guys wanted to nail Baker to the cross because he got drunk and ran from the police for about 2.8 yards.... And now people want to embrace a serial sexual predator? And folks want to suggest that what Hunt did, one time, never before or since, is worse than a repeated pattern of deviant, sexual exploitive behavior that runs into the 20s???

Most Browns fans have hated on therapist in Pittsburgh for the last 20 years... Because he's a POS human who got away with rape.... And we think it's cool and groovy because Watson might be an upgrade at QB?

Hell no.

QFT. One thing about this topic is that we are in 100% agreement.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I don't think this is the case whatsoever.

ok, how do you clear up 40 million in cap space after we just traded for Cooper?

Baker's cap his is 18.5 mill

we still have to sign several other players plus our draft picks.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

EveDawg #1929666 03/12/22 03:44 PM
Legend
Legend
The investigation of Watson has been ongoing for a year or more.

They listened to both sides. No criminal charges were filed.

I don't think it is fair to call him a rapist. If that were the case charges would have been made. Nobody ever mentioned rape.

This is a Haslam decision. And a Watson decision.

I did not hear the evidence. I have to go to the legal system to determine that.

I have read an account by one of the therapists. Creepy by she was clear he never touched her. Never forced her.

No charges.

Each fan can make their own decision. Haslam, Berry and Watson will decide what happens.

My guess is Watson will do all he can to recreate his identity. He may be do community service and be involved in all kinds of charities.

I do not feel I can pass judgement when I don't know both sides and all the evidence one way or the other. The 22 cases many have already been dropped or settled.

He will play. The NFL I guess can suspend him. But with no criminal charges and all witnesses interviewed. What case can be made?

Until or if he is a Brown. What is there?

cfrs15 #1929667 03/12/22 03:44 PM
Legend
Legend
The Cooper trade doesn’t hurt their cause IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Well Ben was never charged with rape... Yet I think it is commonly accepted that the reason is NOT because he didn't rape anyone.

I don't believe Watson was ever accused of raping these 20 plus women.... He was a sexual predator and used his name, position, power to exploit these women. Over and over and over and over again. As I said.... This is a serial pattern of behavior. It is not OK. I'm not gonna shrug my shoulders and act like it doesn't amount to much because he wasn't charged.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
PitDAWG #1929678 03/12/22 03:57 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Sounds logical. Accuse 22 women of lying to believe one man. But then that happened in 2016 and once again in 2020 so I'm not surprised.

Drop your BS spin. I never accused a single person of lying. You keep your words in YOUR mouth.

I said he is innocent until proven guilty. They are accusing him of things he has a right, a basic human right, to defend himself against with the idea that until THEY can prove he is guilty he is not.

The narrative plays to your agenda so he must be guilty. This is my shocked face.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So the fact they couldn't assemble a strong enough case to bring him to trial means he's innocent? I guess O.J. was innocent too and he was brought to trial. I mean a jury didn't convict him, right?

Here's the bottom line. You either think 22 women are lying and he's telling the truth or you don't. This isn't a criminal trial. It isn't about sending someone to prison. It's about deciding if you think those 22 women are lying and he's a player you can support and want on your team. I think he's a liar and did a lot of the things he is being accused of. I don't want to see him wearing a Browns uniform.

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #1929680 03/12/22 03:58 PM
Legend
Legend
Watson to Cooper!!! TD!!!

we at least make ourselves highly competitive in the sweepstakes. Great O line, Great RBs, solid TE's, and now an above average WR core (assuming landry leaves). we still can go out and trade mayfield or landry, and still have possibly a low 20/high 30 pick to get another WR or DT's.

i dont think any other team except the Bucs can offer what we have on offense.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DeShaun Watson

Link Copied to Clipboard