Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
At the end of the day it only matters what he does on the field, everybody will forget about anything else.

Big Ben raped people.
Ray Lewis murdered someone.

Not that I'm okay with any of it, just stating the facts. Nobody cares as long as he produces on the football field. It will be overlooked.
If some of.you.only.knew how many of.your beloved Browns
Alumni got away with crimes in the past.

I can start giving you guys a list

Eddie.Johnson scammed homeowners out thousands
Of dollars of remodeling work never done

Barkevious Mingo groomed a teen boy from North Akron

Art Modell paid a kings ransom to keep Tom Couiseneau
From going to jail after a being caught in Fairview Park
With a underage teen

We all.know Reggie Ruckers recent issues with theft

I knew of a Browns.FB that would go.to.bars in Kent
In.the late 80s.promise young women this.that
Go to a motel and take them and take advantage of them

Point being NFL players are like any other humans on earth
There is good, bad, wholesome, evil tall, short, quiet, talkative
And on Sundays, no one supporting that teams players could care
Less what they done off the field. Only what they do on the field

1 member likes this: tastybrownies
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If the Browns and the fans don't care about Watson being a sexual predator and are willing to give up a ton of 1st round picks to get him then they should put a clause in his new contract stating the team will NEVER suspend him for ANY reason due to off-field behavior. He can assault as many women as he likes and the team will do NOTHING. If that is the way they want to play the game then when something happens they can just shut up. The ONLY thing that matters is ON-FIELD performance and what a player does in his off time is of NO interest to the team or fans. Personally, the minute Watson is signed as a Brown I become an EX Browns fan. I have been a Browns fan since 1967 when I was five years old. 55 years I have watched every game that was televised. That comes to an abrupt end if they sign this... *expletive deleted"

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
M
Legend
Legend
M
Oh well. All good then right? What happened 40 years ago should be our moral guide in 2022.got it.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
C'mon guys, we are all adults.

Watson case is with masseuse's, call me crazy but it does not take a genius to understand the issue.

Not that I have anything against masseuse's, but I would guess a multi million dollar athlete wouldn't be treated by a regular masseuse.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Lmao. What the f does that mean. You will have to explain. It sounds a lot like "she was asking for it wearing that outfit"....

I get a massage every 3 weeks. None of the massage therapists I've ever seen would do anything inappropriate for me or any athlete or film star or whatever. I've never had 22 different therapists. You find one you like and you stick with them.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Watson is definitely a creep. Full stop.

The dilemma is whether you are willing to look past that or not. As I have said before, I am super conflicted. I think I am at the point where I hope he picks someone else so I don’t have to do the mental gymnastics.

1 member likes this: clwb419
Legend
Legend
I hope this situation has a happy ending.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
5 members like this: 3rd_and_20, PrplPplEater, FATE
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted by jfanent
I hope this situation has a happy ending.

You mean like after Watson turns down the Browns' leadership group, they all pile into Haslam's jet and fly to visit Baker and Emily, and they all go on a nice picnic?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Thaat was perfect. Thank you.

Crfs... He's a creep yes, probably beyond a creep. Not a rapist but a serial exploiter/manipulator.

The article posted by Jester (I think) was probably the most rationale take on the implications of the organization going hard for DW. At this point it maybe doesn't matter the outcome, the organization showed us their asses and a little of their values. As a fan that thinks character matters that hurts. And it *feels* like if we don't get DW we might be royally screwed at QB this year. It's deflating.

Legend
Legend
Who drives the train?

The Steelers needed a quarterback. The Rooney family stated we will not pursue Deshaun Watson.

Jimmy Haslam with a recuperating quarterback who was told "you are our starter."

Jimmy says ok Berry jump on the plane with me. We will make an offer.

Make no mistake this is Haslam's deal.

Looking forward to a great football season.

All Pro
All Pro
Whatever happen this is already a clusterfck with a bitter taste on the whole situation.

If the Browns FO believes that all 22 women is lying then I will never again in my whole life give my support to Andrew Berry and Kevin Stefanski. Their moral compass is lost.

We have four daughters and two grandchildren in our family. My girls would think I have lost it if I turned my blind eye and pretended everything is ok. No more money to our owners from my pocket. Sorry but it’s to much.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Watson had seen over 50 therapists.

The reason is quite obvious.

I read something about some of them having verbiage on their profiles that were understood "code" for "other services available". That's all well in good if it led to something consensual. It may be possible that some of them jumped on the bandwagon when the attorney started making calls...

But not 22 of them. Sorry. What, they all got together on zoom and got their stories to line up first? B.S.

There are accounts of some of them being in shock, in fear, and just blown away that someone of his "stature" would try to force himself on them. There are probably a few others that told him to get dressed and gtfo... and just moved on... not wanting to get involved with any lawsuit.

He'll pay out a few million and move on. But it doesn't take a genius to understand that he has a compulsive addiction.

Even a masseuse that defended him later had some texts published between her and a friend. She said she quit treating him because of "word on the street"... and even said that she tried to warn him...

Yet he continued.

That in and of itself shows that he thought he was "above the law". So, you're intersecting sick, despicable acts with a personality that says "I'm Deshaun #$%#& Watson, I'll do as I please".

Don't want that on my team, I feel dirty even thinking about cheering for that. I have a hard time even believing "my" coach and GM are talking to him. Damaging the team regardless of the outcome.

And the track record of high-profile athletes/stars that get their "slap on the wrist"? Well, I don't need to spell it all out, but more than a few have led to acts that are far worse.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Dave
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I wonder, if while talking to Watson, if Berry and company will try to dig into what might have happened and try to get a feel for it. If they get creeper out will they back off? Is this just due diligence?

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by FrankZ
I wonder, if while talking to Watson, if Berry and company will try to dig into what might have happened and try to get a feel for it. If they get creeper out will they back off? Is this just due diligence?

If they don’t do that then they are not doing their job.

Legend
Legend
Today Watson had to appear in court to answer questions.

I wonder if the Browns attended? I would like to read the transcripts.

All the teams involved with Watson now have to be comfortable with him and the baggage.

The Browns are not alone. He will be interviewed by high level people.

Everybody has plans in place. This has been going on for a long time. Teams Browns included did their own research.

I wonder what will come out? How much will be held back? No matter where he goes. The owner will have to address the public, and the team.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
This is correct. Like it or not, a lot of people in the NFL are scumbags and not role models, which includes the coaches.

Watson IS a tremendous talent and I'd love to have him but I don't know, depending on how bad his character is will he quit on the team? Will he be able to deal with things if they get tough?

I don't know if he has the same determination as Mayfield. Does he?

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
E
Legend
Legend
E
I feel like Watson will not stomach our toxic media and fanbase. He won't stay here long and then what.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: tastybrownies
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Spiritbro77
If the Browns and the fans don't care about Watson being a sexual predator and are willing to give up a ton of 1st round picks to get him then they should put a clause in his new contract stating the team will NEVER suspend him for ANY reason due to off-field behavior. He can assault as many women as he likes and the team will do NOTHING. If that is the way they want to play the game then when something happens they can just shut up. The ONLY thing that matters is ON-FIELD performance and what a player does in his off time is of NO interest to the team or fans. Personally, the minute Watson is signed as a Brown I become an EX Browns fan. I have been a Browns fan since 1967 when I was five years old. 55 years I have watched every game that was televised. That comes to an abrupt end if they sign this... *expletive deleted"

He has not been proven guilty of anything yet!!! Should he not first be found guilty before we all jump to conclusions?

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Aye... my point is this could be due diligence so they have an out as well.

It is hard to say, especially this time of year.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

He has not been proven guilty of anything yet!!! Should he not first be found guilty before we all jump to conclusions?

22 accusers sorry they can't all be liars ...

Last edited by PastorMarc; 03/15/22 07:41 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PastorMarc

22 accusers sorry they can't all be liars ...

I guess the Pharisees must have all been liars to? There was a mob of them. They all could not be wrong huh? The bottom line is as a citizen we are not tried in the court of public opinion but the court of law. He has not been found guilty of any crime as of now.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I feel like Watson will not stomach our toxic media and fanbase. He won't stay here long and then what.

Exactly. How long before he cashes a big check here and then asks for a trade out of town, or decides that he isn't going to play for us until we do another contract that pays him more?

If he comes here, he's bolting as soon as he can once he takes the field here and gets booed before playing a down.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: PitDAWG, Tackman
Legend
Legend

Not Guilty is not the same as Innocent.
Not Guilty, or the decision to not pursue criminal charges, can very easily be as little as a prosecutor not feeling confident they have enough to get a conviction (or winning an all expenses paid vacation to Puerto Vallarta that he just can't pass on during the time he'd have to try the case).

In a case like this, it would be nice if we could get a look at what the grand jury was presented.

Browns is the Browns

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Not Guilty is not the same as Innocent.
Not Guilty, or the decision to not pursue criminal charges, can very easily be as little as a prosecutor not feeling confident they have enough to get a conviction (or winning an all expenses paid vacation to Puerto Vallarta that he just can't pass on during the time he'd have to try the case).

In a case like this, it would be nice if we could get a look at what the grand jury was presented.

In this country you are innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers. Until he is charged he is an innocent man!

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
In this country you are innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers. Until he is charged he is an innocent man!

How many examples you want that this isn't actually true?

1 member likes this: Jester
D
Legend
Legend
D
You know, you don't need to keep saying that. We saw it the first 50 times.

1 member likes this: Jester
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by LexDawg

But it is true. If you are not found guilty of a crime you are considered innocent. The law states you are innocent until found guilty by a jury of your peers. Was he found guilty by a jury of his peers? No! Thus he is considered innocent. In this case there was not enough evidence to convict. So he is still an innocent man at this time. That is not saying he did or did not commit the crimes. It is just saying until he is found guilty he should be seen as innocent. We are not convicted by public opinion. That is lunacy!!!

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
That ONLY applies in the eyes of the law, and note that a defendant is never proclaimed to be found innocent, they are proclaimed to be found not guilty.

There is a difference with significance.

Browns is the Browns

3 members like this: PitDAWG, Jester, FL_Dawg
Dave #1931134 03/15/22 08:01 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Dave
You know, you don't need to keep saying that. We saw it the first 50 times.

Then why do we continue to see posts calling him a rapist, an abuser, a criminal, etc...?

Legend
Legend
For the same reason Big Ben is still a rapist, Hunt & Jim Brown are women beaters, Ray Lewis and O.J. Simpson are murderers.

There is the Truth, then there is what you can get a jury to believe.... and they are rarely the same thing.

Browns is the Browns

3 members like this: 3rd_and_20, mgh888, FATE
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by LexDawg

But it is true. If you are not found guilty of a crime you are considered innocent. The law states you are innocent until found guilty by a jury of your peers. Was he found guilty by a jury of his peers? No! Thus he is considered innocent. In this case there was not enough evidence to convict. So he is still an innocent man at this time. That is not saying he did or did not commit the crimes. It is just saying until he is found guilty he should be seen as innocent. We are not convicted by public opinion. That is lunacy!!!

White Cops, Black Males, Donald Trump, etc. All examples where people have been considered guilty without a jury of their peers deciding so. The way it is supposed to work and the way it is doesn't always match up.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
For the same reason Big Ben is still a rapist, Hunt & Jim Brown are women beaters, Ray Lewis and O.J. Simpson are murderers.

There is the Truth, then there is what you can get a jury to believe.... and they are rarely the same thing.

Well at least Deshaun Watson is not Colin Kaepernack!!!

Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/15/what-deshaun-watsons-nfl-suspension-could-look-like/

Along with the Browns meeting, Watson also has a key deposition in his civil lawsuit where he is expected to answer questions without invoking his fifth amendment right to not self-incriminate for the first time now that criminal charges won’t be filed.

The NFL pledged to stay out of the way of any criminal investigation, but with that process completed, the NFL can begin to work towards a decision about his suspension. What he says in coming depositions could certainly affect the NFL’s decision. Watson will meet with NFL investigators as a part of their inquiry.

According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, some teams believe Watson will presumably face a six-game suspension under the NFL’s personal conduct policy, which can be handed down to players in instances of alleged assault and does not require a legal verdict of guilt. The NFL can use their own discretion to add or subtract from that suspension pending the results of their investigation.

In 2010, the NFL suspended Ben Roethlisberger for six games following an accusation of sexual assault. Like Watson’s case, charges were not brought against Roethlisberger. His case involved one accusation, Watson’s currently involves 22.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Charlie Frye was a choirboy of a QB. Really good guy. Overdrafted , but a good guy overall.
But when his tenure ended as a Brown QB, 99% of Browns fans were glad to see him.go.
He simply was a bad QB. But nobody was applauding his character when he was cut.
At the end of the day, it's all about, did you.perform well or not regarding athletes.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Reading this thread has been entertaining.

Thank you

1 member likes this: Milk Man
Legend
Legend
You don't applaud someone for doing what everyone should be doing already.
In that vein, he managed to not make his time at QB worse by behaving like a dirtbag. That's part of doing the job.

Browns is the Browns

1 member likes this: mgh888
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DeShaun Watson II

Link Copied to Clipboard