Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not believing the "women because they're women". I'm believing that at least some of them are telling the truth because there are 22 of them. The first accuser was Ashley Solis which is a very successful and reputable massage therapist that from everything I've seen gives me no cause to believe she would make this up.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Spiritbro77
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
No, I'm saying we don't know that there was criminal impropriety. Everyone seems to assume there was based on an evidence-less narrative.

I'm sorry I have trust issues and don't take things on belief. I admit other possibilities when I don't have evidence or the "facts" don't seem to add up.

Everybody jumping on him because of what they believe he did rubs me wrong. They don't know he did anything illegal. It's a charged subject they want to be on the right side of and they make assumptions.

Everybody believing the women because they are women bugs me. Everybody believing they know what happened because they read something online bugs me. People think they know more than they actually know, and it drives me crazy.

I look at all the angles, and admit I don't know. I still throw ideas out to try to make the pieces fit. That's the way my brain works.

Re pt 3, I'm talking about texts to friends near the alleged incidents implying that something criminal happened. I'm talking about appointments by the women to get treated for the alleged trauma by a mental health professional.

It just seems odd that there are so many women involved, but there is no evidence of those things happening.

Throw in the fact that Buzbee is not only a lawyer, but also a politician, and my trust issues are even more triggered.

There is not evidence-less narrative. We have the sworn testimony of 22 individuals.

You do take things "on belief" - because you continue to most definitely paint a narrative where 22 individuals are all lying. You ignore the very damning text from his regular masseuse. You choose to BELIEVE Watson.

I am not believing the women because f their sex - neither are most people. Most people are believing the women because of the overwhelming probability that 22 women didn't all lie. That the texts that say "I warned him he's getting a reputation and needs to stop" implies he was doing exactly what the women allege.

Looking for truth / angles / motive / alternate theories is commendable. Not taking things at face value is a good philosophy in any walk of life. Being faced with compelling evidence - albeit circumstantial or based on individual testimony, hell just having seen 40 odd different massage therapists is enough for a sane person to stop and go "hmmmmm" without the testimony. Does it mean he is guilty? No ... does it mean we might well pay attention to the MANY women telling us what happened? Probably.

And disregarding all this based on nothing more than ... well based on nothing ... is not commendable or justifiable. Thinking that if someone didn't seek counselling after an incident like this then the incident didn't happen is nuts on so many levels.

Just in case anyone doesn't know what the actual allegations are - this is a pretty decent account.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/11/deshaun-watson-what-we-know-one-year-after-first-lawsuit

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I'm not believing the "women because they're women". I'm believing that at least some of them are telling the truth because there are 22 of them. The first accuser was Ashley Solis which is a very successful and reputable massage therapist that from everything I've seen gives me no cause to believe she would make this up.

But, have you received and reviewed all the facts in the case?

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

But, have you received and reviewed all the facts in the case?

Here's your problem. What you seem to be advocating is that the Browns shouldn't consider this. That it should be ignored and that we should just take it on faith everything will be fine. That would be stupid. What you seem to be saying is we should weigh the word of Watson over a very reputable woman and other reputable women and make a business decision based on ignoring all of this.

I hope nothing like this ever happens to someone close to you. because then you would have to explain how you won't believe them until they get a conviction it in a court of law. Because until they do, you won't possibly believe them, right?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Discussion begins at the 1hr 12min mark on the podcast.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Cliff notes?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Watson tried to settle with all these women to keep the details quiet so of course he did nothing wrong.

So did Buzbee.

The global media story and court of public opinion have already convicted him. There's no way he gets an unbiased jury. Sadly, in the world we live in, settling to avoid potentially uncapped damages, even when innocent, is practical risk management.

Also can see how not wanting your sex life in the public eye could be a factor.

I don't see how he doesn't settle out of court at this point.

He probably will to some degree. There are probably some jump on the bandwagon claims. Once money is possible, lot's of things can be said or stretched.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Cliff notes?

Why not listen if you care?

I'm in the middle - but the FIRST THING is that there is corroborating text about seeking advice for a therapist after she was abused by a pro athlete immediately after the incident.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Other points noted:

And other massage therapists who alleged the same thing - but have not filed suit.

Text from Deshaun that apologies for making one of them feel uncomfortable.

Not uncommon for victims of sexual assault to maintain some sort of relationships.

Bunch of athletes said 22 different massage therapists is unheard of. Seems the actual number is over 50. Most have at most 'a handful'.

Not unusual to not have corroborating evidence in sexual assault cases. In this case there is some - and the testimony is considered evidence.

Police described the 10 women interviewed in criminal case as credible and reliable.

NFL interviews seemed like victim blaming - focused on their behavior not Watson's. This was different than the Police interviews.

Looking at the allegations over timeline - you can see a pattern of escalation in behavior.

Last edited by mgh888; 03/16/22 04:04 PM.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
Please please please pick cleveland!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Some chicks from Diamond's Men Club were seen deboarding the plane with oil up to their elbows...

He's in!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: SuperBrown
M
Legend
Legend
M
Cliff notes?

Pretty detailed. He's definitely a scumbag. His behavior escalated as time went on. Criminal cases like this hard to indict. Was going to plead the 5th at civil case deposition, but changed his mind with his attorney after criminal charges dropped. Further details are expected to come out in this deposition. Teams will want to see or will have requested transcripts.

Worth the time to listen.

1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M

FATE #1931560 03/16/22 04:12 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Some chicks from Diamond's Men Club were seen deboarding the plane with oil up to their elbows...

He's in!

Cool. As long as we follow that up with armed security around any massage parlors in Berea to keep him from going in, we might be ok!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Cliff notes?

Pretty detailed. He's definitely a scumbag. His behavior escalated as time went on. Criminal cases like this hard to indict. Was going to plead the 5th at civil case deposition, but changed his mind with his attorney after criminal charges dropped. Further details are expected to come out in this deposition. Teams will want to see or will have requested transcripts.

Yeah, this doesn't help him at all.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
A Couple More Things to Remember (on top of Watson being a jerk):

1.) He could always be charged tomorrow. A new piece of evidence could come up -- a new district attorney could be elected. The prosecutors office is not bound by the grand jury, and can always choose to indict anyway.

2.) A guy who does this at least 22 times isn't very likely to stop tomorrow just because he got off the hook....

~Lyuokdea
1 member likes this: PastorMarc
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish

He's in!

Cool. As long as we follow that up with armed security around any massage parlors in Berea to keep him from going in, we might be ok!

IF he picks Cleveland, you have two years to win a Super Bowl before he is gone. And I will laugh my ass off if Baker kicks our asses consistently.

Legend
Legend
Two years, at most. He could well decide to sit out, demand a release, etc... and, after what has already happened, does anyone REALLY think any of that is far-fetched?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: FATE
O
Legend
Legend
O

If we were only so lucky. This is going to drag out.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
A
Legend
Legend
A
No, I don't think it's far fetched.

Add in he will probably be suspended for.........2, 4, 6, 8 games?

Just, at this point in time, ineptitude on behalf of the Browns, imo.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As the possibility of him coming here becomes somewhat likely, the more I come to the realization that I don't actually want him here.

I watch sports for a break from the world's awfulness. I don't want to think about Watson's issues every time the Browns' offense is on the field.

Maybe I've been subconsciously looking for an excuse to stop watching televised sports altogether.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
No, I don't think it's far fetched.

Add in he will probably be suspended for.........2, 4, 6, 8 games?

Just, at this point in time, ineptitude on behalf of the Browns, imo.

I mentioned this before somewhat in jest - but but based on historical treatment by the NFL, if Watson goes anywhere else I think he gets 6 game ban. When he signs here - he's going to get 10 weeks minimum.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I guess we are trying to imitate Pittsburg and Baltimore now. Fill the team up with criminals and get a SB ring because apparently team members young kids can look up to don't matter anymore ... Is winning the only thing that matters the message we want to send to our Youth? I hope not.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Cliff notes?

Definitely worth the listen, but I'll take one for the team...

Interview is with someone covering story since beginning.

Lawsuits piled up in a hurry, she tried to get to the bottom of "what's actually going on".

People were perplexed by the timing coinciding with the backdrop of Watson wanting out of Houston.
"Why now?"...

She says the story had actually been percolating for some time.

2 dozen accounts (24 total criminal and civil lawsuits) exposing himself, touching therapists hands with genitals, a few accounts alledging sexual assault.

Thinks they didn't go to police because many brushed it off and quit treating him. Word in the industry is these things are very hard to prove in a court of law with no video evidence.

She had spoken to many therapists in Houston area before getting in touch with "Mary". Mary had plenty of evidence including text messages and the gory details from her own experience.

Mary told the therapist who refereed him to her about her experience. Veteran therapist told her "all of the creepy stuff he does every time, there is only one therapist who hasn't complained".

A number of therapists admitted they submitted to consensual sex.

The amount of therapists he worked with was very uncommon (over fifty). He found many on instagram.

Evidence to Grand Jury was six hours behind closed doors. Course of action to indict was declined in all nine criminal cases. They were shown video of police interviews, only one person was called before jury to provide direct testimony. Warrants from police investigators over the course of a year described all ten complaints as credible and reliable.

Criminal complaints ranged from (3) alleged sexual assault / indecent exposure / sexual misconduct

Interviews with women said the NFL's questioning during their investigation made them uncomfortable. "Victim blaming" focusing on their behaviors rather than his... "what were you wearing".

NFL had plenty of corroborating evidence before deciding not to place Watson on exempt list.

Watson hasn't given any explanation to this point and lawyers will only say that any sex acts that occurred were consensual. Hopefully we'll get more details during civil lawsuits.

When asked "One most egregious incident?"

Accounts of women singularly may not seem that bad, but accounts escalated over time with Watson knowing full well he was making therapists uncomfortable. Taking any singular account is flawed and ignores a pattern of behavior that had become more reckless over time. Whether criminal charges stick should not be an indication or excuse for trauma caused by his actions, and should be carefully scrutinized by the team that hopes to sign him; if not the criminal justice system.

1 member likes this: mgh888
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
"A number of therapists admitted they submitted to consensual sex."

Who does that? What kind of therapists are they?

FATE #1931609 03/16/22 05:01 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
He could be our new QB!!!!!!!

YIPEEEEEE!!!!

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Hammer

There have been reports all along that some of them solicit on Instagram with subtle phrases like "BTW, I'm not a licensed therapist" *wink wink*

FATE #1931619 03/16/22 05:15 PM
Legend
Legend

There have been reports all along that some of them solicit on Instagram with subtle phrases like "BTW, I'm not a licensed therapist" *wink wink*

Do they mean that a number of the therapists that are accusing DW admitted they submitted to consensual sex?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Two years, at most. He could well decide to sit out, demand a release, etc... and, after what has already happened, does anyone REALLY think any of that is far-fetched?

I agree that is possible but I would think unlikely because whatever team he ends up with he basically picked. To do any of that would be admitting you made a mistake and I don't get the impression that he is the kind of guy to admit mistakes.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
O
Legend
Legend
O

The kind of therapist you find on IG. IMO, dude's clearly a predator (in that he seeks out women that may or may not (wink wink) be actual therapists).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sounds like Denzel ward may be a part of the trade for Watson and hunt and 2-3 picks abs baker traded elsewhere.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Sounds like Denzel ward may be a part of the trade for Watson and hunt and 2-3 picks abs baker traded elsewhere.

No one credible has revealed our trade package. The Saints reportedly offered three first round picks and Omar Ruiz.

Last edited by cfrs15; 03/16/22 05:28 PM.
Legend
Legend
well, it only means that he picked from the list of teams willing to give up the capital to make a trade. He may like the idea of trying to get to free agency sooner, while he's in his prime. Like any free agent going anywhere, he may decide that this place isn't what it was represented to him as being, etc.. lots of ways to twist it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Creep. Not a predator. From that info, he contacted those women who let it known they offering a lot more than massages. And the fact that it’s consensual means you can’t call him a predator.

Again, a certified creep? Absolutely. being a creep isn’t illegal. Being a predator most certainly is.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
Anyways, seems like teams are waiting to see where Watson lands, which means that adding Watson to the locker room is gonna hype the players up, not divide. Hopefully we can get Will fuller here.

Even if he serves a 4-6 game suspension, we have more than enough talent to win some games until he returns. On top of that, he will be in OTAs, training camp, etc.

And we don’t even know if he’ll actually get suspended yet.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent

Do they mean that a number of the therapists that are accusing DW admitted they submitted to consensual sex?

She didn't speak specifically to the overlap and had interviewed many over the course of a year that didn't file charges. I'm sure it can be assumed that a small number (who filed charges) did admit to consent, or were later found to have.

Also of note: "Mary" did not file charges adding (imo) even more credence to her testimony and direct evidence.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Creep. Not a predator. From that info, he contacted those women who let it known they offering a lot more than massages. And the fact that it’s consensual means you can’t call him a predator.

Again, a certified creep? Absolutely. being a creep isn’t illegal. Being a predator most certainly is.

What I got from the interview was that only some of the women let it know they were offering more. Many were just doing massages. There was also an account of a person who turned him down and was upset but he accidently messaged her again not realizing he had already tried her. It did come off as quite predatory.

Last edited by LexDawg; 03/16/22 05:31 PM.
FATE #1931644 03/16/22 05:32 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The more info I assimilate from articles and you fine folks, the more I don't want this Creep.

Legend
Legend

Uhhh, you're speaking to a small number of the 50+ therapists. Seems like a pretty whack way of determining the validity of the experiences of those who did not consent.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DeShaun Watson II

Link Copied to Clipboard