Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Floquinho
Originally Posted by Swish
As I thought earlier today a total clusterfck. Andrew Berry and Stefanski. Right now it’s Watson or nothing and both will cost this organization more then a fortune. Same old Browns strikes again.

we dont know what it is. and if we land watson, that's a fortune any team needing a QB will pay.
Come back after couple of months into next season when Stefanski has time enough to ruin another QB and destroy a couple of our WRs.

Watson would be an idiot to chose Cleveland with Ski as a play caller. Nobody is that stupid.

?? yea this doesnt make any sense.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Sell the team, Jimmy.

We ignited the dumpster fire even before the season started this year.

Swish #1931202 03/15/22 11:22 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
As I thought earlier today a total clusterfck. Andrew Berry and Stefanski. Right now it’s Watson or nothing and both will cost this organization more then a fortune. Same old Browns strikes again.

we dont know what it is. and if we land watson, that's a fortune any team needing a QB will pay.
Come back after couple of months into next season when Stefanski has time enough to ruin another QB and destroy a couple of our WRs.

Watson would be an idiot to chose Cleveland with Ski as a play caller. Nobody is that stupid.

?? yea this doesnt make any sense.

Hey Swish, there will be alot of butt-hurt Baker Bros, whining all day and night!! Cleveland probably wont get Watson but this lets Baker know that he is expendable also if his crap aint together. The Browns have EVERY RIGHT to look at improving the team, especially at QB1. Every other player position understands this, know he does also!!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Now I’m just depressed.

What's wild is to think, what if Baker/Browns just shut it down and had surgery after the injury in week 2 or even after the Cardinals game?

Butterfly Effect.

That's what they should have done... no reason for him to play the season hurt

<><

#gmstrong
Swish #1931206 03/15/22 11:26 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by DogNDC
Hey Swish,
Baker should have thought about that after the season when the Browns looked at all that game tape. The Browns looked like fools dealing OBJ and everyone knew Baker was not passing worth a damn. Baker's stats are not good and Old Jimmy was not happy!.. So Baker is on the hot-seat for sure even if the trade does not go through

he's probably gone even if we dont get Watson. as of right now, the FO had better be damn sure they are gonna land Watson. anybody else - whether its Jimmy G or whoever - would be a catastrophic failure.

It's gotta be Watson or Baker... Jimmy G is not a clear upgrade over Baker... a healthy Baker is a good QB... Watson is elite... so I get going after him... I'm hoping if it doesn't work out with Watson that Baker is professional enough to come into this season and ball if he's recovered... that would earn him a fat pay check either with us or someone else... but it sure feels like Baker is done in Cleveland no matter what...

<><

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by RocketOptimist
Sell the team, Jimmy.

We ignited the dumpster fire even before the season started this year.

Thought you said you were taking a leave of absence.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
since "99" wins-losses

99 ... 2-14

00 ... 3-13

01 ... 7-9

02 ... 9-7

03 ... 5-11

04 ... 4-12

05 ... 5-10

06 ... 4-12

07 ... 10-6 Making a big play off run in 08

08 ... 4-12 Not !

09 ... 5-11

10 ... 5-11

11 ... 4-12

12 ... 5-11

13 ... 4-12

14 ... 7-9 I recall play-off talks in 15

15 ... 3-13 Nope !

16 ... 1-15

17 ... 0-16 Hey got a parade !

18 ... 7-8-1 Good bye Hue !

19 ... 6-10 Bye Freddie !

20 ... 11-5 Browns going to the SB in 21

21 .. 8-9 injured beat up team..FO looking to move on from Baker.

Not the biggest fan of Baker, but the win column looks the best back to back seasons,then the seasons before him.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man
After the season ended and on the last episode of Browns Redzone, Donovan said then that he felt that Baker had played his game as a Brown.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anyone want to buy $4000 of Baker Browns gear?

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Go kick rocks.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Anyone want to buy $4000 of Baker Browns gear?

That's like paying $518K for the football Tom Brady threw for his "last" TD pass!

A
Legend
Legend
A
So, what you say is not what you do. Got it.

1 member likes this: Squires
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
3 members like this: TTTDawg, PitDAWG, mgh888
cfrs15 #1931244 03/16/22 01:25 AM
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Now I’m just depressed.

Why? I thought you wanted to get rid of Baker?

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Squires #1931247 03/16/22 01:49 AM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Squires
Now I’m just depressed.

As I’ve said all along I like Baker and wish he was better. It is depressing to become attached to a player and then have that player fail and have to move on. Not to mention the fact we used the #1 pick on him and he’s toast after four years. The whole situation is depressing.

cfrs15 #1931248 03/16/22 01:57 AM
L
Legend
Legend
L
What he wants, he gets

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
L
Legend
Legend
L
I actually think we are getting Watson. Because Haslam and the FO wouldn’t embarrass our supposed QB by flying to meet with Watson, if they weren’t close to a deal.

Haslam can’t be that stupid. Lol

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
So, what you say is not what you do. Got it.

Leave this stuff in the outhouse arch, please and thanks.

Legend
Legend
When the Browns beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. I was overwhelmed.

It was like a giant weight was taken off my back. I felt it was the beginning.

This is like being thrown back in the hole.

I know who Baker is. He is the classic overachiever. The guy who tries the hardest with not all the gifts. The short guy who plays tall.

My real hope is he plays this year for the Browns and he wins the MVP and comeback player of the year.

This entire ordeal is a colossal mess.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
all you trade baker at all costs fans... would you trade Baker to the Steelers?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Because Haslam and the FO wouldn’t embarrass our supposed QB by flying to meet with Watson, if they weren’t close to a deal.

Haslam can’t be that stupid. Lol

... they wouldn't do that... right? Right?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
cfrs15 #1931264 03/16/22 07:37 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Hey Swish,
Baker should have thought about that after the season when the Browns looked at all that game tape. The Browns looked like fools dealing OBJ and everyone knew Baker was not passing worth a damn. Baker's stats are not good and Old Jimmy was not happy!.. So Baker is on the hot-seat for sure even if the trade does not go through

he's probably gone even if we dont get Watson. as of right now, the FO had better be damn sure they are gonna land Watson. anybody else - whether its Jimmy G or whoever - would be a catastrophic failure.

It seems like they went after Watson because they knew were done with Baker.

I think that is part of it and also knew Baker was done with us. I get the feeling that baker told someone he wasn't interested in signing a contract with the Browns.

It was probably expressed at the combine between Berry and Bakers agent. It seems like it was a Stephanski or me type of deal.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
cfrs15 #1931267 03/16/22 07:39 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Squires
Now I’m just depressed.

As I’ve said all along I like Baker and wish he was better. It is depressing to become attached to a player and then have that player fail and have to move on. Not to mention the fact we used the #1 pick on him and he’s toast after four years. The whole situation is depressing.

Except Baker isn't toast. Depending on where he ends up and what situation that team is on, I expect him to be a good QB in the NFL for the next few years. His ceiling is higher depending on circumstances.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
F
Legend
Legend
F
For the first time in 20+ years, I enjoyed watching games and not feeling like we had no chance from the kickoff. If they let Baker go, I hope they have a real plan, because I don't think Watson comes, here and if he does I don't think he stays committed and will raise hell like he did in Houston very quickly. And then Cleveland will be back to rebuilding.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
1 member likes this: Jester
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Hey Swish,

It seems like they went after Watson because they knew were done with Baker.

I think that is part of it and also knew Baker was done with us. I get the feeling that baker told someone he wasn't interested in signing a contract with the Browns.

It was probably expressed at the combine between Berry and Bakers agent. It seems like it was a Stephanski or me type of deal.

I can't think of a single reason why Baker's agent would relay that to anyone. We talk about what a desirable team CLE is for Watson because we are built for ayoffs and beyond. Same would be true for Baker regardless of 2021 season. There are. Lot of gobshite teams looking for QBs. Baker could easily end up on one.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Or the team sat down with Baker and came to the conclusion that they had irreconcilable differences. The team asked him where he'd like to go if traded because he did lay it all out for them, and they want to do right by him. He said Indy was his top choice where he'd get to play in a dome on a team only really a QB away from being great and be in a division that's not very good. Maybe the pursuit of Watson is trying to make the best of a bad situation, football-wise.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by bonefish
I think the Browns are after Watson and Baker was told by Berry.

However, he told him we plan to talk to him and the Texans. "You are the starter unless we sign him."

Baker knows the score. He knows he is on a one year deal. Nothing changes for him. His plan is to be as good as he can be.

Let the rest happen.

If Watson goes to another team. Baker is the starter.

When did this happen Bone where is said and by who? Cause if we did then we are done with Baker man that would suck no pun intended but a Bone head move! If that is the case then we move up and get the kid Wills

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Or the team sat down with Baker and came to the conclusion that they had irreconcilable differences. The team asked him where he'd like to go if traded because he did lay it all out for them, and they want to do right by him. He said Indy was his top choice where he'd get to play in a dome on a team only really a QB away from being great and be in a division that's not very good. Maybe the pursuit of Watson is trying to make the best of a bad situation, football-wise.

I'd bet none of this happeened.

Legend
Legend
First and foremost, I'm a Browns TEAM supporter.. But the way Baker is being treated in this case is pretty bad. All he's done is put it on the line every game.

The year before last he was well thought of by almost everyone.. He gets hurt and now it looks like he's getting thrown out of town for a shiny new toy that we may not even get....

I just don't like the way the Browns handled this

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
4 members like this: TTTDawg, PitDAWG, Jester
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Jim Donovan (play-by-play guy) was on 92.3 The fan yesterday and among the illuminating things he said, one of them was the the FO met with Baker's agents at the combine. I have no clue what was discussed, but they allegedly did meet.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Jim Donovan (play-by-play guy) was on 92.3 The fan yesterday and among the illuminating things he said, one of them was the the FO met with Baker's agents at the combine. I have no clue what was discussed, but they allegedly did meet.

Here is the interview.
https://www.audacy.com/923thefan/sp...n-cooper-helps-fill-need-for-big-play-wr

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C

Here is the interview.
https://www.audacy.com/923thefan/sp...n-cooper-helps-fill-need-for-big-play-wr

Donovan slanging some arrows right at Baker.

cfrs15 #1931317 03/16/22 09:42 AM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by waterdawg
I am adamantly a Baker supporter. I have no idea what KS was trying to do on offence last season.
+1 ... KS was a bigger problem than Baker

Joe Thomas #73
1 member likes this: tastybrownies
BADdog #1931334 03/16/22 10:21 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
"Zac Jackson: Browns have urgency because they have a good team…It's time to move on from Baker"

https://www.audacy.com/923thefan/sports/cleveland-browns/zac-jackson-baker-watson

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
"Zac Jackson: Browns have urgency because they have a good team…It's time to move on from Baker"

https://www.audacy.com/923thefan/sports/cleveland-browns/zac-jackson-baker-watson

Zac was one that said Baker played his last game as a Brown at the end of the season - he's a hack who wants to be right.

mgh888 #1931347 03/16/22 10:47 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888

Zac was one that said Baker played his last game as a Brown at the end of the season - he's a hack who wants to be right.

how is somebody a hack if they end up being right?

MKC gets called all kinda crap, and yet she's about to be right on her reporting yet again.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
Zac and Jason Lloyd are on the Athletic. Their takes on Baker are distortedly anti-Baker. They wrote a piece today in the Athletic telling fans that they should set any moral issues with Watson aside because it's the NFL's low standards that allow Watson to play - we should be angry at the NFL not Watson ... what utter crap is that? That's why he's a hack, not because he might be right.

1 member likes this: Dave
mgh888 #1931362 03/16/22 11:20 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
Zac and Jason Lloyd are on the Athletic. Their takes on Baker are distortedly anti-Baker. They wrote a piece today in the Athletic telling fans that they should set any moral issues with Watson aside because it's the NFL's low standards that allow Watson to play - we should be angry at the NFL not Watson ... what utter crap is that? That's why he's a hack, not because he might be right.
That's part of the reason this crap never goes away. If you're good enough, people will make every excuse in the book... including blaming the bookmark if you lost your place on the page.

That's fine though, I'll do my part and speak with my wallet. Glad I waited to renew, they can take my four club seats and shove them up their #$%#&.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
4 members like this: TTTDawg, mgh888, PrplPplEater
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker Mayfield

Link Copied to Clipboard