Legend
Legend
C
Mature QBs get a private QB coach.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I will certainly do what seems logical. If a FO made public statements about me being the future QB and then publicly made a mockery of that and showed they did not support me, I would publicly treat them in the exact same manner they treated me. Then of course I would have people like you blaming that on me for giving them exactly what they gave me. I admire people who stick up for themselves. I'm not a corporate ass kisser even if it's the Browns.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Haslam is clueless about many things, but you’re going a little overboard mac.

Lamp..so I'm the one going overboard...lord help YOU and those who don't have a lick of common sense when it comes to how to treat your own players or how to get the most out of your team.

Suddenly, all that media hype supporting Haslam's attempt to throw Mayfield under the bus...THEY ARE DEAD SILENT..!

Wonder why that is..?

Haslam and Depodesta just made one of the NFL's worst blunders, EVER..! ...we want an adult at QB..!

Maybe Haslam and his right hand BASEBALL CHILD should stare at themselves in a mirror for a few months...neither Jimma or Depo are qualified to be in charge of an NFL franchise and until Browns fans realize they can't trust either of them...Browns fans will get the end results of their ineptness.

How bout this...Browns fans WANT AN "ADULT OWNER" and a "FOOTBALL GUY RUNNING THE SO CALLED ANALYTICS DEPT"...!!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
jaybird #1932002 03/17/22 01:58 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by jaybird
you act like we should only bring choir boys onto the team which is unrealistic..

rofl

Yeah, that's what it is. the fact you wish to compare a guy with 22 sexual accusers is the same thing as me wanting choirboys. Do you even hear yourself?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #1932003 03/17/22 02:04 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15

That's a t-shirt idea! Call GV Artwork.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
According to Pluto the Browns are denying they ever made the 'adult' comment. However he also stated that he know Mort and Mort wouldnt have said it if it wasnt true. Luckily for the Browns they have several layers where they can burying such a mistake, while Baker just has to own his. I didnt read Baker's letter the way everyone else did, it sounded to me more like a 'Hey Ill play hard wherever I am". message. The Browns were looking to move on I believe and they will grab any excuse to do so at this point. I just fear we are wasting a lot of talent to target a good draft spot way earlier than we should.

PitDAWG #1932006 03/17/22 02:04 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
you act like we should only bring choir boys onto the team which is unrealistic..

rofl

Yeah, that's what it is. the fact you wish to compare a guy with 22 sexual accusers is the same thing as me wanting choirboys. Do you even hear yourself?

My hearing is just fine... thank you for your concern...

<><

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1932015 03/17/22 02:13 PM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

rofl

pit...on this message board, one of the most difficult things for some to admit is, THEY WERE WRONG..!!

How many of you gave one thought about what a mess it was going to be for the Browns franchise when the first woman in Cleveland accused Watson of inappropriate sexual conduct..?

What would Haslam and Depo do..?

Talk about a grenade about to explode in Cleveland...that is what this franchise would have been facing.

Last edited by mac; 03/17/22 02:15 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
so we have no higgins, no OBJ, no jarvis, no Hooper.

only weapon we tried to replace is getting Amari Cooper. While i think our TE's are solid, if we have some questionable WR's like everyone says we do, then we should be trying to make a play for Allen Robinson, right?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1932025 03/17/22 02:20 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
What if Allen Robinson is waiting to see where Watson lands?

Swish #1932026 03/17/22 02:21 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I agree I think Allen Robinson would be a huge get for the Browns.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
1 member likes this: Swish
Legend
Legend
then i guess its WR at 13? i dunno how much a rookie will contribute though.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1932030 03/17/22 02:22 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Swish

only weapon we tried to replace is getting Amari Cooper. While i think our TE's are solid, if we have some questionable WR's like everyone says we do, then we should be trying to make a play for Allen Robinson, right?

We were rumored to be in on Robinson Monday. We’ll sign another receiver for sure.

PitDAWG #1932033 03/17/22 02:25 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
I will certainly do what seems logical.

Yeah, but that wasn't logical.

Care to address the second half of the post?

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
I believe people were trying real hard to read way more into this than what it was.

The Browns tried to improve the quarterback position play. They went after Watson and they told Baker.

Watson will play for another team. Baker is under contract for 2022 and the Browns could franchise him in 2023 if they wish.

All the other noise is people trying to get attention.

Baker will play for the Browns. He is professional enough to know that he has to play his best.

This has been way overblown IMO

I agree about overblown. I do worry about Baker. I like the guy, but he is a bit of a head case. Already writing and releasing his farewell letter is a little dramatic, no?

He will play this year, but I worry about him playing here after that. I don't know the franchise rate, but it has to be pushing 40 mil a year. I don't think the guy will sign here. Just the way he is IMO.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Swish #1932045 03/17/22 02:34 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B

None of those guys did much for us, so I don't see a big loss.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
cfrs15 #1932049 03/17/22 02:35 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

thats one way to get a happy ending

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Jarvis was a leader that helped turn this team around

Joe Thomas #73
Swish #1932056 03/17/22 02:40 PM
Legend
Legend

Here's what the depth chart looks like. You can put Felton in there, he's listed with the RB's. This looks pretty thin.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1932060 03/17/22 02:41 PM
Legend
Legend
Yea we need some help

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
jfanent #1932062 03/17/22 02:43 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by jfanent

Here's what the depth chart looks like. You can put Felton in there, he's listed with the RB's. This looks pretty thin.

I see us drafting a WR or two and at least 1 TE , we may go after one or the other in FA also ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
jfanent #1932063 03/17/22 02:45 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by jfanent

The new league year started yesterday and we already have a new #1 wide receiver. We are not in a bad spot.

BADdog #1932064 03/17/22 02:47 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BADdog

100%... Jarvis certainly hurts.... I liked Hooper and thought Higgins had talent, but Jarvis is a big hole to fill from a talent and leadership stand point. Didn't have a great year last year, but he'll be missed.

We need to bring in more weapons at WR... I think we'll draft a WR in the first three rounds and would like to bring on another via FA...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I am on the year to year plan.

So much happens each year. Hell I thought there is no way on this earth that the 2021 would not have a better record than the 2020 team.

Wrong.

So, I know Baker can play well. That is what i am looking for. Win the North in 2022.

Then take it from there.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Here is the issue with Baker Mayfield. He is either the 3rd or 4th best QB in the AFC North. He is nt better than the Bengals QB Joe Borrow. He is not better than Lamar Jackson. He may be slightly better than Micth Trubisky. Their career stats are actually very similar but Baker has played on superior teams than Mitch.

Baker is an average at best QB. He could possibly be a game manager but the problem is he turns the ball over too much to be a game manager. Baker wants to be a gun slinger QB but he lacks the pure talent. He does not see the field well enough. A #1 overall QB should never have been a short QB. I would have rather swung and missed with Sam Darnold on draft night. In hinds sight the Browns should have drafted John Allen.

Baker is immature and his selfish goodbye letter about himself to the fans proved that. He freelances on the field in structured offense. When his strengths on the field is when he takes what the defense gives him and streads the ball around. He does not seem to be well liked in the locker room. Probably because he sees himself more highly than what he is.

The Browns roster is ready to win now. What is holding the team back? Baker. Reminds me of the Bengals with Andy Dalton. Best roster in the NFL with an everage at best QB holding them back.

Only way the Browns should bring him back is if he was willing to give up his social media accounts, his commercials / celebrity, be a work out warrior, first man in the building and last man to leave. Figure out a way to see the field better and actually be able to use his best attribute. His big arm.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
jaybird #1932070 03/17/22 02:57 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by BADdog

100%... Jarvis certainly hurts.... I liked Hooper and thought Higgins had talent, but Jarvis is a big hole to fill from a talent and leadership stand point. Didn't have a great year last year, but he'll be missed.

We need to bring in more weapons at WR... I think we'll draft a WR in the first three rounds and would like to bring on another via FA...

Jarvis was a big deal for us. Not so much last year. He will not be a big loss but he was a great leader that helped turn this team around

Joe Thomas #73
Swish #1932071 03/17/22 02:57 PM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I'm trying to stay out of this whole pi$$ing match. But I will posit this: Mayfield had CeeDee Lamb, Marquis Brown, Sterling Sheperd, Mark Andrews, Joe Mixon, DeeDee Westbrooke among his receivers at OU. If we continue to get A-list receivers I think he'll be just fine after getting over his surgery and this DeShaun Watson fiasco.

O
Legend
Legend
O

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sure.

Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
And as most people know here, press conference comments don't mean anything regarding truth or direction.

But we, and I think I can speak in the plural here, WE understand you'd be a bit salty since you tried to ridicule people who already knew this element of PCs and pointed it out from the jump. But hey, you do you.

Many of those very same people are posting and claiming that yet another PR statement is accurate. The claim that the FO talked to Baker's people and explained they would only pursue an upgrade at the QB position as of their public statement.

It's a case of believing such statements if it helps support what they believe on one hand and making excuses why we shouldn't believe them on the other hand. I'm not salty, I'm entertained by it all.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by TrooperDawg
I'm trying to stay out of this whole pi$$ing match. But I will posit this: Mayfield had CeeDee Lamb, Marquis Brown, Sterling Sheperd, Mark Andrews, Joe Mixon, DeeDee Westbrooke among his receivers at OU. If we continue to get A-list receivers I think he'll be just fine after getting over his surgery and this DeShaun Watson fiasco.

They just can’t be too a list.

F
Legend
Legend
F

Could have been made by some random person in the office that has a grudge too. That's what I hate about "A source told me", and If I was an executive and one of my staff was making statements like that I'd put out some threats of pink slips if/when I find out who. An "adult" would know not to say things like that to the media.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

(sarcasm not directed to Memphis)

Really? It made it's way to Baker? I mean, it was posted on this board how many times. Of course it got to Baker.

Last edited by CapCity Dawg; 03/17/22 03:11 PM.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
O
Legend
Legend
O
I heard it came from “a Florida Man”.

PitDAWG #1932080 03/17/22 03:12 PM
Legend
Legend
It's a case of believing such statements if it helps support what they believe on one hand and making excuses why we shouldn't believe them on the other hand. I'm not salty, I'm entertained by it all.

Self entertained? Because you do this every single day on these forums.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: archbolddawg
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by FloridaFan

Could have been made by some random person in the office that has a grudge too. That's what I hate about "A source told me", and If I was an executive and one of my staff was making statements like that I'd put out some threats of pink slips if/when I find out who. An "adult" would know not to say things like that to the media.

I don’t think Mort would run with it if it was just a random person.

jfanent #1932086 03/17/22 03:17 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
That was pretty quick witted of you. Not that it all made any sense. Yes, when nobody should believe the FO one hand and then people retweet something that makes them look golden, it is entertaining.

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #1932087 03/17/22 03:17 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M

My money is on Haslam. He's always doing something stupid.

cfrs15 #1932088 03/17/22 03:18 PM
F
Legend
Legend
F

I find it hard to believe anyone with any real position in the organization would make such a comment to a reporter, if they did, then we have a staff of people who need to start conducting themselves like adults.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
cfrs15 #1932089 03/17/22 03:19 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's the thing about sources. It's a lot like statements made by the FO. When a source says something people agree with they're a great source. When that exact same source says something they don't agree with, they become sketchy.

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker Mayfield

Link Copied to Clipboard