Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I'll never try to compare drafting Baker with signing a sexual predator. I wasn't sold on Baker when we drafted him either. But he also hadn't left a list of sexual victims in his wake.

I made the distinction.
I was merely pointing out that I can root for a team without rooting for a player.

And this is where I am going to aim for.

And to be honest - I think fans telling other fans they should or should not like/root/support/care about what Watson has been accused of is wrong and the board needs to reel itself in. I think Watson is a scumby sexual predator that has escalated behavior. I find it disgusting. I'll keep that opinion and explain to anyone that wants to know why I feel that way. But I am not going to tell someone else they should or shouldn't root for Watson or be glad/not glad he is a Brown. That's their business. I'm not and others here aren't in a position to judge others based on a few words written on a fan website. Stop. Stick to how you feel.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: Spiritbro77
E
Legend
Legend
E
I feel traumatised now.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That is it for me guys. I have been an avid Browns fan since 1967 when I was five years old. With this move, I am done. I will not support a team that willingly brings in a sexual predator. Drafting a guy and having him end up a deviant is one thing, trading three first-round picks for a one is a horse of a different color. So I am out. Not sure if I'll switch to another team or just stop watching the NFL entirely. They have changed the game so much it is very hard to watch as it is. Either way, I am out. I wish everyone good health. Be safe and be well. Peace

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
3 members like this: PitDAWG, slick, OldColdDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
I'll never try to compare drafting Baker with signing a sexual predator. I wasn't sold on Baker when we drafted him either. But he also hadn't left a list of sexual victims in his wake.

I made the distinction.
I was merely pointing out that I can root for a team without rooting for a player.

And this is where I am going to aim for.

And to be honest - I think fans telling other fans they should or should not like/root/support/care about what Watson has been accused of is wrong and the board needs to reel itself in. I think Watson is a scumby sexual predator that has escalated behavior. I find it disgusting. I'll keep that opinion and explain to anyone that wants to know why I feel that way. But I am not going to tell someone else they should or shouldn't root for Watson or be glad/not glad he is a Brown. That's their business. I'm not and others here aren't in a position to judge others based on a few words written on a fan website. Stop. Stick to how you feel.

I agree. I would not tell anyone else what to do. I just know that personally I am done. 55 years of being a Browns fan and it's over. This I can't abide.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
2 members like this: slick, mgh888
Legend
Legend

guys, now i can really trash the crap out of Lamar jackson. screw that dude!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Hammer
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Spiritbro77
That is it for me guys. I have been an avid Browns fan since 1967 when I was five years old. With this move, I am done. I will not support a team that willingly brings in a sexual predator. Drafting a guy and having him end up a deviant is one thing, trading three first-round picks for a one is a horse of a different color. So I am out. Not sure if I'll switch to another team or just stop watching the NFL entirely. They have changed the game so much it is very hard to watch as it is. Either way, I am out. I wish everyone good health. Be safe and be well. Peace

Hey spiritbro, it will be impossible for he to root fir Watson, and I hate this move, but I still love ‘em. Maybe you’ll change the way you view things as time goes by and the shock wears off. If not, good luck to you.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Watched the first one and didn't see a thing that healthy Baker couldn't do as well. Just saying. Watson is a good QB. I just hope he's as good as you guys who like him think he is, a year removed from the game.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/18/22 06:46 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Money ball! Oh yes!

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
man saints fan are throwing hissy fits on social media right now. they bought into all those "sources" like everybody else hahahaha

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Dawg Citizen
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish

I made the highlight reel!!! 2019 one at least... 2020 we were in the stands...

<><

#gmstrong
3 members like this: GratefulDawg, jfanent, Swish
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
How do you think Berry and Haslam felt about seeing the Bengals in the SB? They are doing what the Rams did and our trying to win a SB now and not sometime in the distant future.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I have mixed feelings over this trade. DW may be the missing piece for us but there is a lot of baggage which I don't like and a very steep price in draft picks and money. Regardless, no matter how I feel now, come September I will probably root for my beloved Cleveland Browns as I have done since 1967. I don't have to like all our players though.

Legend
Legend
and now the Falcons are in our position: Trying to show matty ice that he's wanted after all that. damn son.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Please send Baker to ATL so I can root for him on the side.

No Craps Given
2 members like this: FATE, PastorMarc
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Watched the first one and didn't see a thing that healthy Baker couldn't do as well. Just saying. Watson is a good QB. I just hope he's as good as you guys who like him think he is, a year removed from the game.

really?!? I get not wanting him because of the accusations...but on the field he is a CLEAR upgrade

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I have mixed feelings over this trade. DW may be the missing piece for us but there is a lot of baggage which I don't like and a very steep price in draft picks and money. Regardless, no matter how I feel now, come September I will probably root for my beloved Cleveland Browns as I have done since 1967. I don't have to like all our players though.

i think the assets we gave up for a certified franchise QB is worth it. we was always gonna have to pay to get a guy like that. i'm impressed we didn't give up any players in the trade.

and the money is worth it. we have him locked up for the foreseeable future, the cap will be going up, and attracting FAs in the future just got that much easier.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg

you think he would be an upgrade over ryan? i haven't watched the falcons in a bit.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
He is definitely better than Ryan. And Ryan is getting old.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P

Or Seattle ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
That doesn't sound like a very good excuse to support a sexual predator.
An alleged sexual predator, Watson wasn't criminally charged.

Legend
Legend
I'm still numb after hearing this nearly two hours ago. I do believe in second chances but Watson has never even paid a price for his behavior. I have a ton of women that I follow on Twitter. Many have suffered sexual assault of some kind and almost all are heart broken over this.

I will still follow the Browns but I will have a real hard time supporting Watson.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PastorMarc
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I'm still a Browns fan!

E
Legend
Legend
E
The more I think about this the less I like it. The Browns are chasing rainbows and threw Baker under the bus. There is nothing in those videos that Swish posted that Baker cant do. And now our drafts are hosed for the next 3 years. And we are stuck with a really unlikeable guy at QB, who honestly probably wont last 2 years because 0f our toxic fanbase and media.

No Craps Given
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
There is nothing in those videos that Swish posted that Baker cant do

Did you watch different videos?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by cfrs15
There is nothing in those videos that Swish posted that Baker cant do

Did you watch different videos?

Ive seen Bake do all those throws. You are stuck in 2021.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
The more I think about this the less I like it. The Browns are chasing rainbows and threw Baker under the bus. There is nothing in those videos that Swish posted that Baker cant do. And now our drafts are hosed for the next 3 years. And we are stuck with a really unlikeable guy at QB, who honestly probably wont past 2 years because 0f our tox fanbase and media.

Eve, I have to admit that Watson is/was better than Baker on the field most of the time. That said, I still don't like any of it. And I still think Baker could have done all those same things.

E
Legend
Legend
E
The more I think about this the less I like it. The Browns are chasing rainbows and threw Baker under the bus. There is nothing in those videos that Swish posted that Baker cant do. And now our drafts are hosed for the next 3 years. And we are stuck with a really unlikeable guy at QB, who honestly probably wont past 2 years because 0f our tox fanbase and media.

Eve, I have to admit that Watson is/was better than Baker on the field most of the time. That said, I still don't like any of it. And I still think Baker could have done all those same things.

Everybody is stuck in 2021. He was INJURED. He made all those throws in 2020. He would have healed up and ready to go for 2022.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Wait. Wut?? saywhat rofl

I finally stop paying attention and go for food, and this happens?

Exactly my thoughts. I wanted to get away from the drama and took the dog to a park. And then all hell broke loose.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

Everybody is stuck in 2021. He was INJURED. He made all those throws in 2020. He would have healed up and ready to go for 2022.

I know its too late, the deed is done. But I dont like it.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
The Browns' odds to win the Super Bowl in 2023 went from +4000 all the way to +1700 at FOX Bet, giving Cleveland the ninth best odds of any team to win Super Bowl LVI. The Browns trail the Bills (+650), Buccaneers (+750), Chiefs (+850), Packers (+900), Rams (+1200), 49ers (+1400), Broncos (+1500) and Cowboys (+1600).

In addition, the Browns' odds to win the AFC North shrank from +300 to +185, and Cleveland's odds to win the entire AFC shortened drastically from +2000 to +850.

And if you're in the market to throw some cash at next season's MVP, the QB's odds to take home the League's top individual honor entered the market at +2000 at FOX Bet.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/nfl-odds-deshaun-watson-browns-super-bowl

If Baker gets a starting gig, I'm dropping a hundred on him to make the Super Bowl. The chip might make me a few bucks, and it will be a good way to feel better about this for only a Benjamin.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/18/22 07:31 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Baker doesn't throw to athletic TEs, and Pitts is pretty much the only offensive weapon in Atlanta currently. Baker could possibly be successful elsewhere, I'm not sure that I see it in the ATL.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Browns' odds to win the Super Bowl in 2023 went from +4000 all the way to +1700 at FOX Bet, giving Cleveland the ninth best odds of any team to win Super Bowl LVI. The Browns trail the Bills (+650), Buccaneers (+750), Chiefs (+850), Packers (+900), Rams (+1200), 49ers (+1400), Broncos (+1500) and Cowboys (+1600).

In addition, the Browns' odds to win the AFC North shrank from +300 to +185, and Cleveland's odds to win the entire AFC shortened drastically from +2000 to +850.

And if you're in the market to throw some cash at next season's MVP, the QB's odds to take home the League's top individual honor entered the market at +2000 at FOX Bet.

Just what we need, to be favorite for the Super Bowl.

1 member likes this: AZBrown
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Swish

LOL. Swish - you are one of my favorite posters! This is hysterical.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Swish
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
some of my rambling thoughts...

For $230 million, there better be at LEAST 2 Lombardi trophies in store for us at that price
Not sure of the contract details, hope they pushed alot of that money to a signing bonus so it won't kill our cap
Jimmah is probably doing well with all of his Flying J stations lately, so he's got money to burn
I think alot of people who are torn about this will feel very differently once we win our first game of the season finally
Hopefully these 1st rounders that the Texans will get will be in high 20s, better yet 30s
Maybe with whatever draft picks we can get for Baker we can package up so possibly move back into the 1st round?

Legend
Legend
I’ve been extremely sick and sleeping all day long … and then I wake up to this

All I can say is … WOW

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

ok... let's look at 2020.

Baker
Yards: 3,563
Comp %: 62.8
TD: 26
INT: 8
Y/A: 7.2

Watson
Yards: 4,823
Comp %: 70.2
TD: 33
INT: 7
Y/A: 8.9

I thought Baker had a good year in 2020.... his year last year was significantly impacted by his shoulder... but Watson is an upgrade... easily... the other piece of it is Watson doesn't need to feel like the underdog or get a chip on his shoulder in order to put up those numbers... I watched him up close for 4 years... guy comes to work, does his job, and had the respect of his teammates... I think he'll have to re-earn that respect and image with everything that has happened in the last year... but he's clearly an upgrade on the field over Baker... Can baker make those throws? of course? does he make them as consistently as Watson does? no...

<><

#gmstrong
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
I know some of you maybe alot of you won’t like this but here goes. Alot of you lead sheltered lives. Alot of massagers offer happy endings! Do you really think he was getting massages, happy endings from woman who didn’t offer to give them? No way was he was getting a massage and a happy ending from a woman he didnt already know that gave them. I’m sure there are/were alot of these massage ladies going from team to team, and he was singled out for money. Whether you believe it or not this is a huge business.

Needless to say I completely love this deal. We got a top 5ish QB. We will compete for a title, we are almost a complete team.

Legend
Legend
Trying to piece together what we're dealing with. From what I've seen, of the 22 civil cases against Watson, only 2 are for sexual assault. 1 of those 2 tried to extort 30k from Watson. The rest are for lewd and indecent behavior. Watson now has quite a bankroll. I wonder if this will ever see a civil trial or will it be settled out of court? Part of me would like to see what happens in a trial, what actual evidence is there. Another part would like this settled and get on with football. I had just come to the conclusion that I didn't want Watson, and then this happens. I am not going to stop being a Browns fan over this, and I am excited and looking forward to see this team on the field. It doesn't mean I support DW's creepazoid behavior.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Hammer
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FrankZ

Just what we need, to be favorite for the Super Bowl.

We're not the favorite... we're 9th best... we moved up 10 spots but are still 9th odds to win it...

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jaybird

ok... let's look at 2020.

Baker
Yards: 3,563
Comp %: 62.8
TD: 26
INT: 8
Y/A: 7.2

Watson
Yards: 4,823
Comp %: 70.2
TD: 33
INT: 7
Y/A: 8.9

I thought Baker had a good year in 2020.... his year last year was significantly impacted by his shoulder... but Watson is an upgrade... easily... the other piece of it is Watson doesn't need to feel like the underdog or get a chip on his shoulder in order to put up those numbers... I watched him up close for 4 years... guy comes to work, does his job, and had the respect of his teammates... I think he'll have to re-earn that respect and image with everything that has happened in the last year... but he's clearly an upgrade on the field over Baker... Can baker make those throws? of course? does he make them as consistently as Watson does? no...

Well, 2020 early was a disaster. Baker was learning a new offense and having his footwork and mechanics worked on. He had 3 horrendous bad weather games. Wonder how Baker's last 9 games looked vs Watson. Significantly better than this comp... And that to me would be the relevant como

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns trade for DeShaun Watson

Link Copied to Clipboard