Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Aye you are right, my eyes are being fussy today and I totally missed "ninth".

Thanks for that.

Last edited by FrankZ; 03/18/22 07:48 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted by Swish
guys, now i can really trash the crap out of Lamar jackson. screw that dude!

LOL. Swish - you are one of my favorite posters! This is hysterical.

Swish has been a friend on here for years, and he is a good dude. BUT I'm surprised that Pit (also a friend), is the only one who gave him crap for his celebrating when this was first announced. He was the first I saw in full blown yahoo! mode. I think he did it to get under my skin. wink

2 members like this: CapCity Dawg, Swish
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I have mixed feelings over this trade. DW may be the missing piece for us but there is a lot of baggage which I don't like and a very steep price in draft picks and money. Regardless, no matter how I feel now, come September I will probably root for my beloved Cleveland Browns as I have done since 1967. I don't have to like all our players though.

i think the assets we gave up for a certified franchise QB is worth it. we was always gonna have to pay to get a guy like that. i'm impressed we didn't give up any players in the trade.

and the money is worth it. we have him locked up for the foreseeable future, the cap will be going up, and attracting FAs in the future just got that much easier.

I agree with you here, not giving up premium players makes the trade more paletable. I wasn't against Watson, I was against what I figured it would cost. I expected chubb or hunt, ward, + draft picks

Still concerned he pulls a trade me if he's unhappy, hope I am wrong.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
1 member likes this: Tackman
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted by boofers20
some of my rambling thoughts...

For $230 million, there better be at LEAST 2 Lombardi trophies in store for us at that price
Not sure of the contract details, hope they pushed alot of that money to a signing bonus so it won't kill our cap
Jimmah is probably doing well with all of his Flying J stations lately, so he's got money to burn
I think alot of people who are torn about this will feel very differently once we win our first game of the season finally
Hopefully these 1st rounders that the Texans will get will be in high 20s, better yet 30s
Maybe with whatever draft picks we can get for Baker we can package up so possibly move back into the 1st round?

Love Deshaun, truth be told that I would rather have Wilson here, but all in all it is a very good move.

3 1st round picks mean nothing for us, we have had so many bust picks, plus in order to get a QB in the draft it would probably cost us more than 2 1st round picks, so its not that much IMHO.

If Baker is half has good has many think, then we should get a 1st round pick for the trade, so all in all getting Deshaun only costs one first round pick (1 for getting a new QB, 1 we get for Baker)

If we can't trade Baker for a first round, means that he is not that good, so this trade made all the sense.

Regarding the contract... we are stuck with DW for 5 years, its not that bad IMHO.

Last edited by rastanplan; 03/18/22 07:52 PM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
Wonder how Baker's last 9 games looked vs Watson. Significantly better than this comp... And that to me would be the relevant como

Last 9 games

Baker:
Yds: 1,646
Comp %: 61.3
TD: 15
INT: 7
Y/A: 6.77

Watson:
Yds: 2,539
Comp%: 68.1
TD: 18
Int: 5
Y/A: 8.44

Still better...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Aye you are right, my eyes are being fussy today and I totally missed "ninth".

Thanks for that.

No problem - I agree with you that I don't want (or think we deserve) to be favorite right now... smile

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
I have mixed feelings over this trade. DW may be the missing piece for us but there is a lot of baggage which I don't like and a very steep price in draft picks and money. Regardless, no matter how I feel now, come September I will probably root for my beloved Cleveland Browns as I have done since 1967. I don't have to like all our players though.

i think the assets we gave up for a certified franchise QB is worth it. we was always gonna have to pay to get a guy like that. i'm impressed we didn't give up any players in the trade.

and the money is worth it. we have him locked up for the foreseeable future, the cap will be going up, and attracting FAs in the future just got that much easier.

I agree with you here, not giving up premium players makes the trade more paletable. I wasn't against Watson, I was against what I figured it would cost. I expected chubb or hunt, ward, + draft picks

Hopefully our FO will learn from Houston's mistakes with him... Houston FO told him that he'd be involved in the GM and HC hiring after the bill O'Brien fiasco... then they didn't include him at all... so basically they flat lied to him and he said he was never playing for them again... I think if we put together a team that wins he'll be happy... especially with that pay day

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Swish has been a friend on here for years, and he is a good dude. BUT I'm surprised that Pit (also a friend), is the only one who gave him crap for his celebrating when this was first announced. He was the first I saw in full blown yahoo! mode. I think he did it to get under my skin. wink

i think most people are well aware i'm happy from a pure football perspective. i just want this team to win bro. thats all. the trade was gonna happen even if i went there and emptied the jet of fuel and took a dump in the cockpit.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted by FloridaFan

I was out all day taking my son on a college visit and when I came home and saw this I freaked;
Because CBS Sports had a couple days ago that the trade from the Browns was 3 #1, Ward and Chubb after the Texans said no to Baker being part of the trade.
I am happy as can be that we didn't lose Chubb or Ward

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
FWIW,
Antonio Brown just tweeted that he wants to come to the Browns

Brown tweeted Friday “Cleveland Antonio Browns. C-A-B.” He added, “Take the Browns to SuperBowl. Not ToiletBowl.”

B
Legend
Legend
B
I am not worried about the picks. Basically it is two 1st rounders. Watson is this years pick. The next 2 are the premium. We have two 3rds next year, so we give up one of them and somewhere we swap a 4th for a 5th...no big deal there.

We also have a young team, so we are set for several years at key positions.

Oh...some time soon we will get a pick for Baker. I don't know what the market might hold for him. Maybe a 3rd? 2nd? 4th? Time will tell.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O

i think most people are well aware i'm happy from a pure football perspective. i just want this team to win bro. thats all. the trade was gonna happen even if i went there and emptied the jet of fuel and took a dump in the cockpit.
jk bro, I know.

Legend
Legend
Lots of Texans fans upset they didn't get any players in the deal...

<><

#gmstrong
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
What happens when Watson does not play this year due to being suspended? We all know he will be suspended, just not sure for how long.

M
Legend
Legend
M
BREAKING: Hue Jackson says he wanted Deshaun Watson all along.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by pfm1963
What happens when Watson does not play this year due to being suspended? We all know he will be suspended, just not sure for how long.

probably 4-6 games if the civil suits get cleared up, 10 if he's found liable.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
BREAKING: Hue Jackson says he wanted Deshaun Watson all along.

Hue would have gone 2-30, instead of 1-31.

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P

My guess he will be found liable.

People who are complaining about Watson being a criminal and do not want him here, I wonder if they said the same thing about Kareem Hunt.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
From a football perspective, we upgraded the QB position by a lot.

O
Legend
Legend
O

He might not get a thing. He wasn't indicted, and these civil suits have a way of going away when somebody has a quarter billion to spend. I mean, he wasn't suspended, but this already cost him a year. I imagine Roger will take that into consideration.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/18/22 08:31 PM.
Legend
Legend

He might not get a thing. He wasn't indicted, and these civil suits have a way of going away when somebody has a quarter mil to spend.

im not sure. again it doesn't mean he's innocent, but he isn't settling and is answering questions at the depositions.

but overall, yea that money will make anything happen. dude whipped out his willy and still got a quarter billy.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Hammer
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P

He might not get a thing. He wasn't indicted, and these civil suits have a way of going away when somebody has a quarter mil to spend.

Not getting a thing would be a black eye for the NFL. Oh, wait, like they care.

1 member likes this: bbrowns32
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I suppose right now we have a backup named Baker. Maybe they will keep him around until after Watson's suspension then trade him.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Quarter Billion, not Million, my bad.

Legend
Legend
we have to remember that AB probably calculated the chance that Watson gets suspended for the majority of the season. this was a long term decision, which is why we locked him up the way we did, and why the contract was designed the way it was. AB is thinking about 10+ years, not just this season.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O

I suppose right now we have a backup named Baker. Maybe they will keep him around until after Watson's suspension then trade him.

That would be dirty.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P

im not sure. again it doesn't mean he's innocent, but he isn't settling and is answering questions at the depositions.

but overall, yea that money will make anything happen. dude whipped out his willy and still got a quarter billy.
LOL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawg Citizen
It's just a name, they are not really Saints, but I get it.

A few years ago the Saints were playing the Cardinals and the SiriusXM telecast was on the Catholic Channel
Now that is good stuff

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

That would be dirty.

I'm mostly joking, I think.

It would make some semblance of sense if Berry has some idea of the length of suspension.

I joke I joke... I think.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jaybird
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Originally Posted by EveDawg
The more I think about this the less I like it. The Browns are chasing rainbows and threw Baker under the bus. There is nothing in those videos that Swish posted that Baker cant do. And now our drafts are hosed for the next 3 years. And we are stuck with a really unlikeable guy at QB, who honestly probably wont past 2 years because 0f our tox fanbase and media.

Eve, I have to admit that Watson is/was better than Baker on the field most of the time. That said, I still don't like any of it. And I still think Baker could have done all those same things.

Everybody is stuck in 2021. He was INJURED. He made all those throws in 2020. He would have healed up and ready to go for 2022.

ok... let's look at 2020.

Baker
Yards: 3,563
Comp %: 62.8
TD: 26
INT: 8
Y/A: 7.2

Watson
Yards: 4,823
Comp %: 70.2
TD: 33
INT: 7
Y/A: 8.9

I thought Baker had a good year in 2020.... his year last year was significantly impacted by his shoulder... but Watson is an upgrade... easily... the other piece of it is Watson doesn't need to feel like the underdog or get a chip on his shoulder in order to put up those numbers... I watched him up close for 4 years... guy comes to work, does his job, and had the respect of his teammates... I think he'll have to re-earn that respect and image with everything that has happened in the last year... but he's clearly an upgrade on the field over Baker... Can baker make those throws? of course? does he make them as consistently as Watson does? no...

A better comparison would be 2020 Baker vs 2019 Watson. This way they would gave had the same number of years in the league at the times you are comparing.
No idea if this makes Baker look better or worse.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Frenchy
I know some of you maybe alot of you won’t like this but here goes. Alot of you lead sheltered lives. Alot of massagers offer happy endings! Do you really think he was getting massages, happy endings from woman who didn’t offer to give them? No way was he was getting a massage and a happy ending from a woman he didnt already know that gave them. I’m sure there are/were alot of these massage ladies going from team to team, and he was singled out for money. Whether you believe it or not this is a huge business.

Needless to say I completely love this deal. We got a top 5ish QB. We will compete for a title, we are almost a complete team.

Let's assume that it true.
It's still creepy and I will have trouble being a fan of his.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Oh, Trevor.....

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O

2 members like this: jfanent, Jester
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P

Wasn't OJ found not guilty criminally, but guilty civily, where he had to pay boatloads of money to the victims' families?

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend

That would be dirty.

Agree... would not look good for the FO... and frankly if I was Baker, I'd sit... not sure how soon we trade Baker, but I'd bet it's within the week

<><

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Any chance we can convince DeAndre Hopkins to leave the Cardinals? naughtydevil

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Already making its rounds on social media… smfh.

1 member likes this: Swish
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Already making its rounds on social media… smfh.

LOL

Legend
Legend
2019 Watson is a closer comparison but he's still better... but not as drastic

2019 Watson:
Yds: 3,852
Comp%: 67.3
INT: 12

and why not, let's look at year 2

Yds: 4,165
Comp%: 68.3
INT: 9

<><

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Bet you can't wait for that tee shirt. smh. We will be reminded every win.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns trade for DeShaun Watson

Link Copied to Clipboard