Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Legend
Legend
Just 2 general comments:

I have decided that I will have to accept that Watson is our QB .... because I have no choice. I am hoping that he did not do what has been alleged.

It is obvious to all that the Browns and Watson's representatives conspired to minimize any fines resulting from this situation. I wonder if there is anything that stops the NFL from suspending him (if there is cause for a suspension) and imposing a fine on top of that suspension.

I hope that the Browns are right in their belief that he did not do what he has been accused of.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
But yet many of you act as if it means he was guilty.

I have not said he is guilty. So you can take the "you" out of your post.

I look at Watson the same way I would a person applying for a high profile job opening with 22 civil cases of sexual harassment hanging over their head. If there was a CEO, Head Techer, Scout Leader applying for a job - with this same situation, you tread carefully. You probably wait for the cases to be cleared before making a decision. The Browns have not done that - and you can make all the excuses in the world for that, but it doesn't change the situation.

Without 100% vindication and being cleared of any wholly and transparently impropriety - there will be a taint to whatever Watson achieves as a Brown. Just like Ben in Pittsburgh. Exactly like Ben in Pittsburgh. And that's with me not particularly caring about the guy paying for consensual sex services from some or all of the 40+ women. Many posters might not be okay with that - to me that is undesirable but not something I would get hung up on. But the key word is consensual.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
C
Legend
Legend
C

1 member likes this: mgh888
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
"100% - the GJ decision by no means indicates innocence."

But yet many of you act as if it means he was guilty. If the GJ had all the evidence, and heard the testimony, and felt no charges should be levied, why are so many hellbent on claiming he is guilty anyway?

After reading some of those quotes by the 'victims", I am feeling more and more inclined to be believe Watson. I don't know what happened, but if a grand jury can't find a reason to charge someone, I would have to believe that there was nothing to be charged with.

As for the "22 women could not be lying" argument, they may not be lying about everything, but when lawyers convince you that if you join in, you could be looking at getting a lot of money, I could see where many could be convinced to embellish their story.

I also believe that if Watson and his lawyers even remotely think they would lose these civil complaints, they would be trying to settle them out of court.

But, like I said before, I don't know and I'm only speculating. But I refuse to condemn the man until he is found guilty in court, not by emotionally charged public opinion.

This is the difficult part in this whole story.

As you say he’s legally innocent until found guilty in a court but at the same time these 22 women bring up uncertainties that’s maybe not illegal but could be highly immoral. That itself, if it’s true, creates a situation where we all have different views how we judge these actions. You see him innocent but maybe other people is highly uncomfortable with that their organization doing business with such a character.

FYI. In my country a famous sports personality like Watson would be dead in a second after such accusations. I mean totally wiped out from any involvement in anything. All sponsors would cancel any sponsorship in a heart beat. All clubs would immediately abandon him from any activities and nobody would touch him until he’s 100% cleared, not only legally but also from a moral standpoint.

I don’t like “our” way of handling these things but trust me that’s how it works in some countries in Scandinavia. The media and the public opinion in these regions is ruthless when it comes to questionable actions against women and our feminist lobbyists would never tolerate the things Mr. Watson is accused of even if he was cleared by the court.

From that perspective the US is better even if is not perfect by any means.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Trade for Watson 2

Link Copied to Clipboard