Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Swish
Apparently the GOP decided to just use the SC hearings to rant against the Dems. I’m guessing it’s because they already know she’s gonna be confirmed.

And that’s fine, everything has turned into theater. But damn, graham went a bit overboard with it. How do you tick yourself off so much you gotta leave the hearing? Lol jeez man, trump isn’t gonna claim you on his tax returns bro just stop it.
I am glad he did. If you are honest with yourself, he spoke the truth.

Seriously, who care who goes to what church and how often they go? Who cares who took who to the HS dance? The last several confirmation hearings have been nothing but character smears.

I agree, we need to get away from that. I think Jackson sounded fine and is well qualified to sit on the court even if we may have political differences.

The mark of a good judge isn't what they say, it is what they do when seated. Time will tell if she or any other justice has some balance in their views or if they are simply political rubber stamps. If any branch of the government needs to be moderate, it is the courts. After all, that is what a judge is supposed to be, fair and impartial, especially to the political BS in this country.

LMAO, Lindsey was wearing his vagina on his sleeve yesterday! Wow. And you thought it was TRUTH. smh.

The entire GOPer strategy for this confirmation is to cry about supposed injustices done by dems to past candidates? Kabuki theater.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/23/22 09:18 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
He was definitely the Kavanaugh in the room. Can you imagine what Graham and his ilk would be saying if Ketanji Brown Jackson had acted like Graham or Kavanaugh had?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's definitely telling that that's the best Graham could do.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think he’s pretty much campaigning. During part of his rant yesterday, he alluded to a lot of displeasure as to why a candidate from South Carolina was not chosen instead of KBJ.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
See, that was my only objection to the Kavanaugh appointment. Kavanaugh had only one accuser and usually when someone has such a propensity it's not a one time thing. That doesn't mean he was either innocent or guilty but in my mind it wasn't overwhelming or convincing. But his lack of ability to contain his emotions and the way he displayed himself in that hearing? I didn't feel someone with such an utter lack of ability to contain his composure under pressure should be appointed to the SCOTUS. There will be many times that cases will come before the SCOTUS that may touch a nerve in regards to personal experiences or personal beliefs. I want people on the court who can remain cool, calm and collected when weighing such important issues that impact us all.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I 100% agree with that. IMO, that was the best argument against Kavanaugh, but it went largely/relatively ignored (which for me, is telling). I also think that that one was a real game-changer with how those hearings would be conducted going forward. A sort of arms race, except in terms of theatrics and stupidity.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Now they're fleeing to Putin's buddies......

Evan Neumann: US Capitol riot suspect gets asylum in Belarus

A California man suspected of taking part in the US Capitol riots last year has been granted asylum in Belarus.

Evan Neumann fled the US after being charged in connection with the riots.

The 48-year-old first settled in Ukraine, before reaching Belarus where he asked for asylum - claiming he faced "political persecution" in the US.

A Belarusian official said Mr Neumann has been granted permission to remain in the country "indefinitely".

State officials also alleged that Mr Neumann had been forced to cross the Belarusian border "illegally" after attracting "interest from local secret services" in Ukraine.

Mr Neumann told Belarusian state-owned news agency Belta he had "mixed feelings".

"I am glad Belarus took care of me. I am upset to find myself in a situation where I have problems in my own country."

In July last year, Mr Neumann was charged on six different counts, including violent entry and assaulting police officers. He was accused of punching two police officers and using a metal barrier as a "battering ram" against police during the riots at the US Capitol building on 6 January 2021.

But, according to Mr Neumann, he had already sold his house and travelled across Europe to Ukraine.

After worrying the Ukrainian authorities were watching him, Mr Neumann says he crossed the border into Belarus on foot in August. Belarus does not have an extradition treaty with the US.

In November, Mr Neumann gave an interview to Belarusian state TV and rejected the charges against him.

"I do not believe that I have committed any crime," he said. "One of the accusations was very upsetting. It is alleged that I hit a police officer. That is baseless."

He said he was asking for "government protection" from Belarus because of the "political persecution" he faced in the US, including the FBI questioning his family and using a photo of him on its most-wanted list.

A video released by Belta on Tuesday showed an immigration official handing Mr Neumann a document confirming his refugee status and the head of the Brest police migration directorate, Yuryy Brazinski, told state TV that he will eventually be entitled to apply for citizenship.

"Now you are completely under the protection of the Republic of Belarus," the official says.

Mr Neumann is among more than 650 people who have been charged for their actions on 6 January, when supporters of then-US President Donald Trump stormed the Capitol to protest against the result of the 2020 election.

Belarus, led by authoritarian leader Alexander Lukashenko, has faced multiple US sanctions over alleged human rights abuses and its support for Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Mr Neumann told state TV he planned to stay in the Belarusian city of Brest.

"I have started a life here," he said.

He added that he has plans "to move my family here," but noted that the decision would ultimately be up to his wife

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60843262

Yet another Republican giving Putin propaganda to use against The United States. Well done comrade.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
"He added that he has plans "to move my family here," but noted that the decision would ultimately be up to his wife"

Yeah, dude, just sign the papers and move on with your life. I doubt your wife is interested in moving to a war zone.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
“Hey, Honey”

“Where are you???”

“Uh, Minsk…”

“What!?”

“Yeah, so anyhow, I was thinking maybe you and the kids would want to come, too. I’m staying with the scientist who almost married Phoebe.”

In all seriousness, I find a lot of irony in professing to be a die hard patriot who then seeks asylum with an historical US adversary once you blatantly break the law.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Sorry I wasted everybodys time, including mine.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
No worries, I am thrilled to see the Progressives and Libs beginning to learn about the real world.

My State was a hopeless mess with a Blackface wearing Dem Governor who by his own admission, slaughtered kids after they were born. (He's a Pediatrician)
Concerned Parents, questioning what the Libs were doing to their children at schools were considered terrorists.

Washington DC (near me) was all for defunding the Police and yanking Police out of our schools.

Even our President, who declared war on oil in favor of green is having second thoughts, realizing energy and National Security go hand in hand.

My State is now Red for Republican. The Lib crap is ending each day.

DC is looking to hire Police but have to raise the signing bonuses and pay in an attempt to hire and retain cops.
They are looking for money in the budget to do just that. All as crime soars.

The schools are looking to hire officers to put down the crime that has broken out in those schools without law enforcement.

They will never admit they were wrong of course, but I am glad to see they are beginning to learn about the real world around them.

The future is looking a bit brighter.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't hear much around here about Hunter. I see the NYT is finally going on the record.

10% for the Big Guy.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would recommend clicking the link and watching the video which doesn't copy over
(Edit: OCD posted the video 2 posts down)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-inadvertently-exposes-075124533.html

Marjorie Taylor Greene Inadvertently Exposes Ugly Truth About GOP In New Ad
Lee Moran
Wed, March 23, 2022, 3:51 AM·1 min read

The reality of the GOP in 2022 is laid bare in extremist Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s (R-Ga.) own words in a progressive group’s biting new attack ad.

Greene’s claim that lawmakers like her are “not the fringe” but “the base of the party” is put on loop in the edited, online spot that the PAC MeidasTouch released Tuesday.

The conspiracy theorist’s comments are cut alongside footage of her parroting Kremlin talking points about Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) calling Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy a “thug” and former President Donald Trump hailing Russian President Vladimir Putin’s aggression toward his neighboring country as “genius.”

The video, below, garnered more than 340,000 views in its first 10 hours on Twitter alone.

The clip went viral as Greene faced backlash for blaming Ukraine for being invaded by Russia.

“You see Ukraine kept just poking the bear and poking the bear, which is Russia,” she told the Voice of Rural America Network. “Russia is being very successful in their invasion, even though we hear different things on television,” she added. Independent reports suggest Russia misjudged the strength of Ukrainian resistance and is incurring higher casualties than expected.

Last edited by Jester; 03/23/22 07:39 PM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
[Linked Image from claytoonz.files.wordpress.com]

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks for posting the video from the article
I don't have twitter

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
2 members like this: oobernoober, OldColdDawg
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Yeah, she's certifiable.

Marjorie Taylor Greene says she is 'threatened' by trans women

“All of my life, as an American women, I’ve been equal in every place to men, but not anymore.”

• Story at a glance
  • Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R) said she feels “threatened” by transgender women who are “aggressively replacing” cisgender women.
  • Taylor Greene in a tweet referred to trans women as “biological men,” which is often used by anti-transgender activists to imply that trans people are not who they say they are.
  • Taylor Greene was responding to a now-deleted tweet from Fox News host Tucker Carlson, which implied that Assistant Health Secretary Rachel Levine, who is a transgender woman, is a man.

Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R) has said she feels threatened by transgender women, who she alleges are “aggressively replacing” cisgender women in some spaces.

Taylor Greene in a tweet on Tuesday referred to trans women as “biological men,” a term often used by anti-LGBTQ+ activists to imply that trans people are not who they say they are, according to the media advocacy group GLAAD.

“As a woman, I feel threatened because biological men are aggressively replacing women,” Taylor Greene wrote on Twitter. “All of my life, as an American women, I’ve been equal in every place to men, but not anymore.”

Taylor Greene was replying to a tweet by conservative Fox News host Tucker Carlson criticizing USA Today for naming Assistant Health Secretary Rachel Levine, who is transgender, one of its “Women of the Year.”

Carlson in his tweet, which has since been deleted by Twitter for violating the platform's rules, included screenshots of two other deleted tweets which referred to Levine as a man.

One of the tweets came from the conservative activist Charlie Kirk, who asked, "Where are the feminists?" following USA Today’s announcement. The other came from the conservative Christian satirical blog The Babylon Bee, which named Levine their "Man of the Year."

“But wait,” Carlson wrote. “Both of these tweets are true.”

Carlson and Taylor Greene’s criticism of USA Today and Levine comes after Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) also took aim at the four-star admiral, tweeting a photo of the USA Today announcement naming Levine as one of its “Women of the Year” and writing: “Rachel Levine is a man.”

Paxton later doubled down on that statement, intentionally misgendering Levine for a second time on Twitter after his original tweet was flagged for violating Twitter’s rules about hateful conduct.

“Yesterday I stated an irrefutable scientific fact: Rachel Levin is a man,” he wrote Friday in a statement. “I pointed this out after USA Today named him ‘Woman’ of the Year. But Levine is not a woman. He has one X and one Y chromosome and other male-sex characteristics."

“I just follow the science,” Paxton added. That tweet has also been flagged by Twitter for hateful content, and users are not able to like or comment on it.

Conservative attacks on Levine also come as more than 100 bills under consideration in state legislatures across the country seek to restrict the rights of transgender Americans. Roughly half aim to bar trans youth from competing in student athletics — an issue amplified by the recent success of the transgender collegiate swimmer Lia Thomas, who last week became the first trans woman to win a national Division I championship.

Thomas’ success has helped ignite a national debate over whether transgender female athletes should be allowed to compete against cisgender women. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday announced that he would not recognize Thomas’ NCAA win and declared second-place finisher Emma Weyant the “rightful” winner.

https://thehill.com/changing-americ...r-greene-says-she-is-threatened-by-trans

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
I don't hear much around here about Hunter. I see the NYT is finally going on the record.

10% for the Big Guy.

From what I have been reading since the Left came clean about Hunter's laptop, that could soon read...

10 YEARS FOR THE BIG GUY.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING

10% for the Big Guy.

From what I have been reading since the Left came clean about Hunter's laptop, that could soon read...

10 YEARS FOR THE BIG GUY.

I hope y'all get him locked up, so you will shut up about him. I can't wait until we crucify the Trump kids. I JUST WANT TO BUILD THE GUILLOTINE! thumbsup

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Crackheads for congress! Better a crackhead than a Trumpian.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
"Jen Psaki can breathe underwater-"

rofl

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Once again just another Republican backlash for all the wrongs the libs have pulled on them. You know, like when they all forced that woman to accuse their selection of rape.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
A California mother seeks accountability after her daughter’s preschool teacher led her class in an anti-Biden chant

A California mother is asking for accountability after she received a video last month showing her child’s preschool teacher leading her class in a political chant against President Joe Biden.

The video was taken by an unidentified teacher at Turning Point Christian School, a private school in Norco, California.

The video was first uploaded to a messaging app the school uses to communicate with parents on February 18, according to Christina Webb McFadden, whose daughter was a student at the school. The recording was taken down a few hours later, after McFadden complained to the school’s office staff.

In the video McFadden blurred and shared with CNN, the teacher is heard initiating a call-and-response when she asks her students, “Who is our president?” and the students reply with, “Biden!”

The teacher then asks the class, “What do we want to do with him?” and her students respond with, “We want him out!”

“I was very fearful because it was sent to not only me, but other households as well. I was worried it would be used as some sort of propaganda video with my daughter being front and center and not understanding what she’s saying,” McFadden said.

“In the video, without the blurred faces, you can see my daughter was uncomfortable. She might not understand the context, but she knows this isn’t something nice to say.”

Though the incident happened last month, McFadden told CNN she has decided to speak up now because she wants to help advocate for legislation that will help hold early childhood educators accountable.

“Earlier today a video was posted that has since been deleted as it did not share our school and church philosophy of honoring and respecting authority including those in government positions. We are sorry for any misunderstanding this could of (sic) created,” the statement, which McFadden shared with CNN, reads.

McFadden said she also spoke with school administrators the following week and the school took full responsibility for the incident but did not let her see the lesson plan that led up to the chant.

According to McFadden, school administrators told her they reviewed the lesson plan after the incident and approved it. It is unclear whether any disciplinary action was taken against the teacher who led the chant.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/23/us/c...bYxpgS3EWwrLRlGcUv64AjNQ_0dFLopBssp3AeZ8

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Damn those trumpians are trying to indoctrinate our kids in preschool! There truly is no low. They can't twist older kids minds with their political garbage, so they start entrenching hatefulness as soon as they can. Disgusting.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/24/22 01:03 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
McConnell: I want to keep funding politics the way we do, I just don't like dems doing it.

1 member likes this: mgh888
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That doesn’t even make sense. She’s a lifetime appointed judge. What dark money group is going to lobby her after she makes office?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Pure garbage. One of the best rated judges to ever be appointed, but Ted has an issue. He's a clown for Fox clips and the base.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
That doesn’t even make sense. She’s a lifetime appointed judge. What dark money group is going to lobby her after she makes office?

You have to understand something about this new Republican variant: it doesn't have to make sense. It just has to get sound bytes for FOXOANBreitMax to use. It's shallow, bs political theater to keep their ring-in-nose base riled up ahead of mid terms. They know KBJ's confirmation is already a LeBron power dunk, so they're using their TV time to launch their campaign for November. Look at their line of questioning: Gender, race, 'soft on crime' (the lazy 40-year old fallback)... all are the issues they will be running on in the mid terms. Free advertising, disguised as a confirmation hearing.

I feel it necessary to say that Dems grandstand like this too. In this case, I do it to save time, because I know someone will feel obligated to point that out to me. I just saved them some typing.

"Do you think babies are racist?"
-Ted Cruz, 2022, at a Supreme Court confirmation hearing.

Like I said, it doesn't have to make sense. It just needs to make headlines.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
And apparently Ted spent a lot of the time after his sound bites checking his Twitter mentions.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawglover05

Someone (Milk?) posted a really interesting article yesterday about Ginni Thomas.

-PrplPplEater
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Bret kavanaugh had a woman he did not know accuse him of despicable things. He knew she was lying and he knew she was doing it for political reasons. This woman was trying to damage his career and she was willing to destroy his reputation, damage his marriage and expose his two young daughters to hearing awful things about their father. And he knew none of it was as true. And he was filled with “righteous indignation”. He was royally pissed!! Perfectly understandable.

If the lady testifying today goes off on Lindsey Graham you will admire her passion because you want her on the court. Someone you do not want on court? Well, they lack judicial temperament. Try to be consistent at least.

You lefties are so predictable.

1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
O
Legend
Legend
O
If she goes off in court, then you may have an argument. She hasn't, and has been extremely gracious considering the stupidity being thrown in her direction.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by oobernoober
If she goes off in court, then you may have an argument. She hasn't, and has been extremely gracious considering the stupidity being thrown in her direction.

there has must have been a special on stupid - they have certainly been handing it out like no-bodies business.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
My point is the same whether she goes off or not.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober

lol he called you a lefty.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
My point is the same whether she goes off or not.

No it's not. You threw out a hypothetical that, so far, hasn't happened. She hasn't had an outburst like BK did.

-PrplPplEater
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Republicans, what they have become pt.4

Link Copied to Clipboard