Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
cfrs15 #1933722 03/20/22 09:46 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
It doesn't matter. We have a new QB.. A top of the charts QB.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1933790 03/20/22 01:31 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
It doesn't matter. We have a new QB.. A top of the charts QB.

Agreed we won't be drafting a QB ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Ballpeen #1934021 03/21/22 10:13 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Baker hasn't shown enough to subvert the FO's MO of improving every position it can. I'm not going to get back into Watson's sex-creep-issues, as those have no bearing on Baker's response to the team looking to improve the QB position when possible. So him posting a goodbye letter before he's gone was out of the norm in terms of pro quarterbacks being replaced.

Hell, in Atlanta Ryan reworked the contract to free up some money knowing Atlanta was going to be in the Watson hunt.

That is class. Not pitching a fit and stomping around.

Ryan also allowed the date for his roster bonus to be pushed back until after Watson decided on a team. He did not have to do that either.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
cfrs15 #1934025 03/21/22 10:34 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
I didn't know that. At any rate, Ryan showed how to act like class and baker showed how to act like a fool.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1934038 03/21/22 11:16 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I didn't know that. At any rate, Ryan showed how to act like class and baker showed how to act like a fool.

https://sportsnaut.com/atlanta-falcons-delay-matt-ryan-bonus-watson/

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Ballpeen #1934065 03/21/22 11:56 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P

You mean like your current QB who they just paid 230 mil. for? You know, refusing to play because he didn't get to hand pick his HC? And all we get from you about that are crickets. If you think Baker acted like a fool, by that same logic you should think watson is a total idiot. If you had Ryan as your QB you would be making a point. But by your standards they traded one punk for another one. And the new punk has one helluva lot more baggage that will be hanging over this team for a very long time. Congratulations on your new punk.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
Baker hasn't shown enough to subvert the FO's MO of improving every position it can. I'm not going to get back into Watson's sex-creep-issues, as those have no bearing on Baker's response to the team looking to improve the QB position when possible. So him posting a goodbye letter before he's gone was out of the norm in terms of pro quarterbacks being replaced.

Hell, in Atlanta Ryan reworked the contract to free up some money knowing Atlanta was going to be in the Watson hunt.

Ryan also allowed the date for his roster bonus to be pushed back until after Watson decided on a team. He did not have to do that either.

It was a no-brainer move for him.
If he doesn't, he'd have gotten released and had no shot at that bonus. If he plays ball and allows the push to happen, he still has a chance to get it.
Don't kid yourself, it wasn't some massively unselfish and magnanimous act; it made sense for himself and his best interests to do so.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: mgh888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg

It was a no-brainer move for him.
If he doesn't, he'd have gotten released and had no shot at that bonus. If he plays ball and allows the push to happen, he still has a chance to get it.
Don't kid yourself, it wasn't some massively unselfish and magnanimous act; it made sense for himself and his best interests to do so.

He could have been petty and forced the Falcons to decide whether or not to release him without knowing if they were going to get Watson or not. Ryan has played long enough where that bonus was not going to make him or break him financially. And if released there was no way he does not get picked up by someone else. Yes, it made sense for him, but he could have stuck to the team who was looking to upgrade his position as well.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
So what you're saying is that he engaged his brain vs his emotions, and didn't let his texting thumbs run wild because he got his feelings hurt?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Yes, I'm saying that he had additional self-benefitting incentive to not take any other course of action. He also was likely strongly advised by his agent to do so.

And for the rest of it.... why is everyone so emotional over Baker showing some emotion? He spoke his mind, and no part of it was tantrum-esque. It was a decently stated piece written by someone that already knew the writing on the wall. Are y'all just upset because he did it himself prior to getting traded and didn't have a publicist put out a form letter after being shipped out?

Browns is the Browns

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
Legend
O
For myself, my emotion is limited to my disappointment over Baker no longer being a Brown. I thought he'd return to form and 2021 would end up being nothing but a distant memory (just like 2020 is right now). I also think many (led by the likes of Colin Cowherd) are getting their extra shots in right now.

He's definitely entitled to his emotions, but it's not hard to see good and bad examples of how to conduct yourself in this situation (everyone else and then Baker). He created a whole bunch of extra drama during all this that was totally unnecessary. Turns out it ended up backfiring on him (but also the FO trying to trade him).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Actually, I don't think it backfired on him, at all. He knew he was done, one way or the other. The reports were out that the Browns were done with him whether they got Watson or not; so, what was there to backfire?
All that happened was that he acknowledged the situation, that he didn't know where he was going, but he gave his all when he was here. I don't see that as a tantrum at all. It's simply talking to the fans and and letting it ride.

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
How people can't see how accurate what you have posted really is I find beyond me. They are looking for a bad guy in Baker when it's not there.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #1934500 03/22/22 05:18 PM
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
cfrs15 #1934511 03/22/22 05:37 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
As we get closer to the draft the higher these "Experts" will push these QB's up the draft board until they are drafted way to high ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
cfrs15 #1934518 03/22/22 06:00 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Bull_Dawg #1935069 03/24/22 05:12 PM
Legend
Legend
I will follow the careers of Malik Willis and Desmond Ridder.

Willis is right from where I live and I like Ridder.

I am curious about how they will do.

I have always preferred mobile quarterbacks. Ridder is fast and mobile but he plays from the pocket as well. Willis has great speed and is great threat running the ball.

When you are third and long a quarterback who can run really adds another dimension. They dishearten defenses because you have to drop and cover and that opens up run lanes for quarterbacks that can run.

It does expose them to more injury but smart players like Wilson duck and cover. I think both these guys will do well.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season 2022 NFL Draft Malik Willis

Link Copied to Clipboard