Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I suspect Buzbee has these cases broken into groups and prioritized. His first group was a loss for him, so now he is trying to feel out if he can get a different Grand Jury to indict. He has a plan on which is next based on what happens with this one. He is shopping around looking for a fit to get a wedge in.

Just because he seems slimy doesn't mean he isn't working the system. This roller coaster ride is far from over.

D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I could be mistaken, but I think they have to go before a grand jury in the county where the alleged offenses occurred.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again, as has been proven to you, Buzzbee has NO part of the decision to convene or appoint a grand jury or select the members on a grand jury. For God's sake man.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Already known cases, just couldn't file with the other potential cases because of jurisdiction. We'll see what their recommendation is, but it sure sounds like there is no good hard evidence to pursue a case.

you had a good run Hank.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I've mentioned this last week when the deal for Watson was announced...

...given Watson's history concerning these sexual misconduct cases...what to the Browns do when .."the first woman from Cleveland"... accuses Watson of a sexual abuse case..?

IMO, there is a chance that Watson's history will follow him, where ever he goes.

Even if Watson settles all of the pending civil suites from Texas, it does not mean he won't "be accused" of similar cases while living and playing in Cleveland.

It may or may not be fair, but once an individual has a history of such conduct...they can become a suspect for any allegation.

This entire situation with Watson may never turn out to be a case where Watson is able to escape his past in Texas and start over in a different state, such as Ohio.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by mac
I've mentioned this last week when the deal for Watson was announced...

...given Watson's history concerning these sexual misconduct cases...what to the Browns do when .."the first woman from Cleveland"... accuses Watson of a sexual abuse case..?

IMO, there is a chance that Watson's history will follow him, where ever he goes.

Even if Watson settles all of the pending civil suites from Texas, it does not mean he won't "be accused" of similar cases while living and playing in Cleveland.

It may or may not be fair, but once an individual has a history of such conduct...they can become a suspect for any allegation.

This entire situation with Watson may never turn out to be a case where Watson is able to escape his past in Texas and start over in a different state, such as Ohio.

The real concern is that his thing is certain actions and he would be satisfied with them. My concern is his thing may be certain actions with constantly different people, which could really increase is liability going forward. If your wife/gf/partner is okay with X and that is your kink, you are ok. But if your kink involves going to multiple people you have a greater risk.

P
Legend
Legend
P
They will tar and feather her. They will call her a liar because there's no eye witness. They will attack her character and banish her from the city of Cleveland.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It could also turn out that Watson counter-sues these women, and they all end up as destitute pariahs. It's easy to play the what-if game. There's not much point without more facts.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
And fairy dust could be sprinkled on poor people that suddenly make them all rich.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

We all know why, of course. That's not a good look, IMO.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I'm just wondering if there's going to be more to come ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And fairy dust could be sprinkled on poor people that suddenly make them all rich.

A little outlandish, but, yes, that's an example of the what-if game. It's also a good example of why what-ifs don't deserve much credence.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Or perhaps it's because they have work to do. People want them to add DL and receivers, and trade Mayfield. It's hard to do that without working the phones.

Regardless of why, the reason likely isn't as simple and straightforward as some will try to paint it.

Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
j/c:

Or perhaps it's because they have work to do. People want them to add DL and receivers, and trade Mayfield. It's hard to do that without working the phones.

Regardless of why, the reason likely isn't as simple and straightforward as some will try to paint it.

I think it is pretty cut and dry. They both didn't want to address the media that floods those events without a formal press conference first. That, and all the well-to-do people that attend those events asking the same questions over and over again. Not to mention, just the overall backlash so early after the trade.

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C
j/c:

😐

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
P
Legend
Legend
P
A little outlandish, but, yes, that's an example of the what-if game. It's also a good example of why what-ifs don't deserve much credence.

Yet some deserve more than others. A continuation of a current pattern is less outlandish and would hold better odds of holding credence than most other what ifs.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Isn't that double jeopardy?

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
O
Legend
Legend
O
They will tar and feather her. They will call her a liar because there's no eye witness. They will attack her character and banish her from the city of Cleveland.

... all while the other THEYs will be shouting them down with the counter-arguments. All while a third (much smaller) group watches as both groups, armed with absolutely no pertinent information, try to bury one or more of Watson and accuser and their respective supporters.

Seriously... you calling out a hypothetical group of people in this hypothetical situation for jumping to conclusions is unreal.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
3 members like this: FATE, Versatile Dog, MemphisBrownie
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted by tastybrownies

Only applies to trials, not grand jury rulings.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Some find it very logical that 22 women is pertinent information. Some do not.

#gmstrong
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Someone mentioned that the lady that apparently sent some of the damaging text messages is now pleading the fifth and it's a sign that she has been bought off.

Pleading the fifth is a right and NOT an indication of guilt. For whatever she chose to do it for, that is her right.

Last edited by LexDawg; 03/24/22 04:26 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Some find it very logical that 22 women is pertinent information. Some do not.

There's a difference between pertinent and conclusive.

Some seem to believe that the veracity of claims don't matter if there are 22 of them.

Some seem to be more concerned with the narrative and the theoretical with little to no regard to the truth and the actual.

Some seem to be unable to separate their beliefs from reality.

The real world sucks. There aren't always clearly delineated good guys and bad guys. It's not a math problem with straight numbers where 22 doesn't represent anything more complex than a simple number.

Each of the 22 constantly referred to in this "case" is a unique and complex situation. They're not the probabilistic average woman.

A rush to judgement rarely leads to a completely accurate conclusion.

Fiercely Independent.
C
Legend
Legend
C

1 member likes this: FL_Dawg
Legend
Legend
Here is another article from CBS on the subject.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ictment-against-browns-star-quarterback/

What cracks me up is that Watsons attorney acted as if he was aware this might happen.. He was prepared with a statement that these were not new charges...

Now comes the question, if he knew it, how does he not revealing it to the Browns effect the deal if at all.

The browns said they did research into his situation, but clearly, not very good research.... I fear we blew this.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend

[Linked Image from jdsupra-html-images.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com]

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
3 members like this: FATE, CapCity Dawg, Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by cfrs15

3rd times the charm?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Damanshot
What cracks me up is that Watsons attorney acted as if he was aware this might happen.. He was prepared with a statement that these were not new charges...

Now comes the question, if he knew it, how does he not revealing it to the Browns effect the deal if at all.

The browns said they did research into his situation, but clearly, not very good research.... I fear we blew this.

The Browns were aware. FOX 8 reported as such when the news came out as well.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Tom Selleck!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Tom Selleck!

That's good news for Watson. And it eliminates a hurdle for the Browns,,,

I wanna be clear about something

I'm impressed the browns went to the lengths they went to to get Watson. I don't remember a time when we've had a QB the caliber of Watson on the Browns.. (bernie was the smartest)

I do think they gave up too much and didn't do the research they said they did which could lead to problems later.

Problems that may be tough to overcome if things with Watson go south. Given the allegations against him, there has to be some truth to it... But my hope as a Browns fan is that it's all a bunch of Hooey and he comes in here and leads the team to a Superbowl...... or three.

Last edited by Damanshot; 03/24/22 06:03 PM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Dave
Originally Posted by tastybrownies

Only applies to trials, not grand jury rulings.

If I recall correctly double jeopardy is based on being in jeopardy which is delineated in a trial once a jury is seated. If there is a mistrial the jeopardy condition doesn't go away unless the trial is found to be with prejudice. A mistrial without prejudice would allow the defendant to stay in jeopardy.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So now that 24 people (it looks like Texas grand juries have 12 members) have had access to the evidence and have decided there's not enough to even go to trial, does that change the minds of anybody?

Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Hey, that's two grand juries now. That says something. Whatever he is into or did, apparently did not reach criminal behavior, but just creepy perversions. I don't believe for a second that all 22 women are lying, But I feel better after the second jury decided not to indict. It confirms what he did was legal, but creepy. OR he is being targeted like he claims.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
So a second grand jury refused to file criminal charges. I just wonder how many will look at this and take a different stand about Watson. As I have said before, I don't know what he did. I don't know who is lying. But I do know that grand juries do take things seriously and if they can't find a reason to charge, there probably isn't one. Especially if two GJ come to the same conclusion.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I wish the talk about Watson in the "Pure Football" forum would be about what Watson can do for the Browns on the field, in the locker room, and how he can attract free agents, but it isn't going to happen. So......here are a couple of thoughts I had while reading this garbage.

It appears that the Baker fans are hoping that Watson gets in big-time trouble so Baker can keep his job. Save your time because I think the Browns have had enough of Baker Mayfield and he was gone even if the team did not get Watson.

Secondly, it's odd that so many people attack Mac on the Analytics thread--and I agree that it's dumb to not believe in analytics and the intellectual prowess of this front office--yet many of those same folks are acting like the Browns Front Office did not take the necessary steps or do the proper research in examining the QB situation. LMAO......it's hilarious to think that guys who attended Ivy League schools are clueless about all the ramifications of the situation. Once again, it's a lot of stomping of the feet and adolescent whining by the Baker fan base.

1 member likes this: Steubenvillian
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c:

there are only 31 teams. I could call all 31 teams in 1.5 hours

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Watson is free and clear on all charges at this point.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
j/c:

I wish the talk about Watson in the "Pure Football" forum would be about what Watson can do for the Browns on the field, in the locker room, and how he can attract free agents, but it isn't going to happen. So......here are a couple of thoughts I had while reading this garbage.

It appears that the Baker fans are hoping that Watson gets in big-time trouble so Baker can keep his job. Save your time because I think the Browns have had enough of Baker Mayfield and he was gone even if the team did not get Watson.

Secondly, it's odd that so many people attack Mac on the Analytics thread--and I agree that it's dumb to not believe in analytics and the intellectual prowess of this front office--yet many of those same folks are acting like the Browns Front Office did not take the necessary steps or do the proper research in examining the QB situation. LMAO......it's hilarious to think that guys who attended Ivy League schools are clueless about all the ramifications of the situation. Once again, it's a lot of stomping of the feet and adolescent whining by the Baker fan base.

The good times are back. Yay.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
j/c:

there are only 31 teams. I could call all 31 teams in 1.5 hours

How many players, agents, personal references, etc are out there? How much tape on those players is there to watch? They're also planning a press conference for tomorrow. They're probably making more detailed development plans for Watson as related to football and the team.

We didn't know we were getting Watson until recently. All the non-Watson contingencies are no longer in play, and new plans will likely be developed in greater detail. The draft will be here soon. Our draft capital changed a lot. The team has a lot on its plate.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
j/c:

Hey!!! This is the first post I've seen from you in a while.... Welcome back! Missed ya.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

1 member likes this: FL_Dawg
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Watson continued (new grand jury)

Link Copied to Clipboard