Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1934929 03/24/22 11:32 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The site has gotten to the point where little information is provided.

No articles that get into insight or objectivity.

Zero fan interaction. Whatever is there is late and contrived.

At minimum have a few writers that can right about football with some level of sophistication.

Maybe add some instructive information for fans that want to learn more about X's and O's.

Provide some coaches tape that go over play breakdowns like "Baldy's breakdowns."

Overall it needs to be better and more informative.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's a place for the team to put out PR. It's not designed to be objective.

While fans would love breakdowns, they would also be available to opposing teams. Those sort of things are kept in house for competitive reasons.

Most fans aren't overly concerned about X's and O's. Those that are interested have plenty of other resources available.

There are plenty of websites covering the Browns. While your ideas would be nice for fans, it's not the team's focus. While fan interaction can be a positive, from the team's perspective, it can also be a negative. I imagine with Watson it'd be fairly horrendous. Hey DeShaun we've got a great fanbase, ignore those thousands of comments on our official website calling you a scumbag.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I have not looked at other teams home site. So maybe they are all alike.

To me the site should be more about connecting with the fan base and not just a PR site and selling gear.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think Bull Dawg hit the nail on the head. You might wish to consider that the Cleveland Browns also used to host a message board. With the team doing so poorly at the time, a lot of the posts were negative about the team. As such they stopped hosting a message board. When a corporation spends money it is to support and further their product. That is not a conducive environment for getting non bias information.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
The site has gotten to the point where little information is provided.

No articles that get into insight or objectivity.

Zero fan interaction. Whatever is there is late and contrived.

At minimum have a few writers that can right about football with some level of sophistication.

Maybe add some instructive information for fans that want to learn more about X's and O's.

Provide some coaches tape that go over play breakdowns like "Baldy's breakdowns."

Overall it needs to be better and more informative.

They have content during the season. The off season not so much.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I think Bull Dawg hit the nail on the head. You might wish to consider that the Cleveland Browns also used to host a message board. With the team doing so poorly at the time, a lot of the posts were negative about the team. As such they stopped hosting a message board. When a corporation spends money it is to support and further their product. That is not a conducive environment for getting non bias information.

Right, and one shouldn't expect that. They aren't a independent news source. They are fine with player bio info, draft recaps, game summary, ticket info, etc.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I totally agree with you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
This is all by design and intent.
They don't want fans voicing their thoughts, they just want them to stay excited and buy things. It's a business, not a community. The community devoted to that team exists separate and outside of that site and those offices.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't think I've been on the Browns official website since Zac Jackson used to write for them and they would post weekly polls asking fans to vote on the likely outcome against the upcoming opponent.

The polls would typically read something like this:

1) Couch throws for 5 TDs, Browns roll
2) James Jackson scampers for 3 TDs, Browns win
3) Phil Dawson drills last second FG to win
4) Steelers eek out victory on questionable call

2 members like this: tastybrownies, AZBrown
Legend
Legend
Lol remember when the original message board was on their website? They did give us huge perks on Dawg Talkers Day

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: GMdawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yep. Us old timers were there. That was the honeymoon phase. LOL

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Lol remember when the original message board was on their website? They did give us huge perks on Dawg Talkers Day

Definitely remember, but this was before the league decided that they needed to homogenize all of the team sites. When that happened, the official boards went away everywhere (as best I know... I don't believe any team still maintains a message board) and all team sites became "cookie cutter" sites where only colors and logos differ; same as game day experiences and stadium decorations.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum clevelandbrowns.com

Link Copied to Clipboard