Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
So glad you brought Kavenaugh up.
Here is a response that exemplifies what folks like me think, when comparing the demeanor of KBJ to that beer-swilling frat brat;

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/ketanji-brown-jackson-pause/

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
If the lady testifying today goes off on Lindsey Graham you will admire her passion because you want her on the court. Someone you do not want on court? Well, they lack judicial temperament. Try to be consistent at least.

But that won't happen because she has too much class and grace to stoop to that level. It seems it's your side that admires the screamers and tantrum throwers. It seems your logic is this, "Well you guys did it so we will do it!" The only real difference I can see is that Kavanaugh lost his ever loving mind over it. He lacked the ability to maintain any form of composure and sounded like a raving lunatic.

And can you imagine what Republicans would say if a black woman conducted herself the way Kavanaugh did? I mean if you wish to address consistency. You see, some people have to go through their life understanding that to be successful they're held to a higher standard. That any time they step out of line or allow emotions to take over, they will be labeled and suffer a huge setback because of it. That has given them a lifetime to conduct themselves in a way that is very much above reproach. Because they can't afford to do anything otherwise.

Ketanji Brown Jackson did not act like Kavanaugh because of that. She maintained her cool and remained calm. Something I would consider an admirable quality for a member of the SCOTUS. I surely wouldn't want someone on the court who has a meltdown every time they must consider a matter that is personal to them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
My point is the same whether she goes off or not.

No, no it's really not.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Yes it is. The fact is that you two can’t pick it up, but the point is still there. Try enlisting a few more neurons. You’ll figure it out.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Just so I am clear about your standards Clem, are you saying that anyone who drank beer in college and joined a fraternity should be ineligible for the Supreme Court?? Does that standard apply to other judgeships or just the supremes?? How about elective office?? Does it apply to candidates??

I was unable to open that article so I do not know what it said about nominee Jackson. But are you certain she did not drink beer in college, or, horror of horrors, join a sorority? Or is all of that irrelevant really and the issue is the nominee’s politics??

P
Legend
Legend
P
Since it seems the "few more neurons" you received are malfunctioning, I'll repeat, the man had zero lack of composure. He lacks the ability to control his emotions. But it seems the bigger tantrums people throw, the better some of you like them. I prefer people serving on the SCOTUS have the ability to keep their emotions in check and not act like their hair is on fire every time they face adversity. It's the tale of two judges.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Just so I am clear about your standards Clem, are you saying that anyone who drank beer in college and joined a fraternity should be ineligible for the Supreme Court?

Nah, kEiThFrOmZeNiA! Just the rapey ones are ineligible. Maybe, if you weren't so programmed by Tuckerisms, you might be able to discern the difference on your own.

P
Legend
Legend
P
GOP congressman convicted for lying to federal agents

Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (R-Neb.) on Thursday was convicted for lying to federal investigators about illegal donations to his campaign, the Department of Justice announced.

Why it matters: The verdict marks a stunning fall from grace for Fortenberry, who is likely to resign or be expelled from the House after serving for nearly two decades in Congress.

Fortenberry gave up his seat on the House Appropriations Committee after he was indicted in October, in accordance with GOP conference rules.

Driving the news: A federal jury in California found Fortenberry guilty of three felonies: two counts of making false statements and one count of falsifying and concealing materials.

Prosecutors accused Fortenberry of repeatedly lying to FBI agents about $30,000 in illegal contributions from Nigerian-Lebanese billionaire Gilbert Chagoury.
According to the Justice Department, Fortenberry was informed by an associate of the money's illicit origins but did not amend his federal election filings and later denied any wrongdoing in two interviews with the FBI.

The other side: Fortenberry has publicly defended himself and sought to portray the indictment as politically motivated.

"[President] Biden’s FBI is using its unlimited power to prosecute me on a bogus charge," Fortenberry said in a fundraising video ahead of the indictment, which was reported by Axios' Lachlan Markey.
His legal team carried that narrative into the courtroom, attempting to undercut the prosecutor by highlighting his donations to Democrats.
His lawyers also argued that Fortenberry misremembered details of his call with the associate when speaking to investigators, but did not intend to mislead them.

https://www.axios.com/fortenberry-c..._u_9JttjRoPEIcbynD-W_QN8VYu44pJaT2tvA-FE

Fortenberry misremembered......

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
The tantrums were thrown by the looney lefties who kept disrupting the hearing. Your kindred spirits I am sure. One thing (maybe the only thing) you can count on from the left is closing down speech.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I should have known. You are one of those kooks who believe the lying woman, who knew no details, had no proof and no witnesses she told at the time of the supposed rape. Actually she said she told her best friend about it, but when they spoke to her she had no idea what Ford was talking about. Man you have to be a pretty simple minded fellow to fall for that. Hmm.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I should have known. You are one of those kooks who believe the lying woman, who knew no details, had no proof and no witnesses she told at the time of the supposed rape. Actually she said she told her best friend about it, but when they spoke to her she had no idea what Ford was talking about. Man you have to be a pretty simple minded fellow to fall for that. Hmm.

It doesn't take a simple minded person to believe the truth, Keith, but it does take a certain kind of man to dismiss a woman's allegation of rape to side with a rapist.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You didn't watch any of it did you? lol

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Since Trump has more than 25 accusers when it comes to defending sexual predators he has lots of practice. I have no ideas what Kavanaugh did or didn't do concerning a single accusation. But his total lack of composure and tantrum in a SCOTUS hearing speaks volumes about his temperament.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Sadly neither you nor I know the absolute truth. I have pointed out the facts as I know them, maybe you have that contradict what I said. For example, can you tell me she presented three friends who substantiated the story. Did she present a blue stained dress, did she have audio of kavanaugh apologizing the day after for assaulting her. The answer to all those of course is no, you cannot. You don’t like his politics so he is guilty.

In case you have not been paying attention, there have been a number of highly publicized cases of women lying about being raped. The duke lacrosse came comes to mind. Simple minded just believe without looking at the evidence. Most of us need to see some proof. I am sure if you had your way the entire duke lacross team would still be in jail.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Actually I watched most of it. What proof positive did she present that I missed??

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Again that is only your perception and it is colored by your politics. If kavanaugh had assumed the demeanor of one whose body has been taken over by the invasion of the body snatchers you would be bitching that he shows no passion. You oppose him and you will invent what you need to justify your opposition. Just another lefty phony!!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Again that is only your perception and it is colored by your politics. If kavanaugh had assumed the demeanor of one whose body has been taken over by the invasion of the body snatchers you would be bitching that he shows no passion. You oppose him and you will invent what you need to justify your opposition. Just another lefty phony!!

And the best you can come up with is "Just another lefty phony!!"

You sound like Trump. And that's not a compliment. You seem to be confusing crazy diatribe with passion.

If a black woman had said and acted the same way I can only imagine the things you would be saying.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Nothing you said about kavanaugh’s demeanor rang true to me and that dumb picture you used to try to portray something was the last straw. So I pulled up kavanaugh’s testimony in response to the ford charges. About 40 minutes worth. He was emotional and passionate. He presented a very fact based defense of himself. But he never screamed nor did he ever throw a “tantrum”. In other words, you lied.
I get it. For you lefties when the facts do not support your position you just make things up. You subscribe to the senator Harry Reid code of truth telling. When he gave a press conference during the 2012 election that Romney had not paid his taxes for 10 years his goal was to turn voters against Romney. After the election in a press conference a reporter said to him that it had been shown that Romney had paid his taxes for those 10 years . Reid’s response: well we won the election didn’t we?? And you are a Reid clone.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
DEPLORABLE.

A
Legend
Legend
A
If someone has to use a SNL clip to try make some point...........well

Legend
Legend
My standards are borne out in the attached op-ed, which you claim you can't open. It was not about beer consumption or frat membership. It was about temperament, public behavior, and the 'sliding scale of personal standards' our society is so well-known for. I used the reference to merely describe the D00D. Since you are incapable of or unwilling to read the article comparing the two SC candidates, there really is nothing for us to discuss.

You got hung up on 'beer-swilling frat brat,' because that's ALL you read.

For the life of me, I can't understand your inability to open a simple hyperlink. I just tried it again, and it opened for just fine. Instead, I think you can open it, but just don't want to .

Lost opportunity for a conversation.
Oh, well... on to other things.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
jc

more and more "conservatives" are parroting the election fraud rhetoric. its like they just refuse to admit that the majority of the country despises trump. republicans dancing around the issue because even admitting that trump lost is a threat to their job.

people claim they love a straight shooter, so i dont understand why they get offended when others point out that they're acting like cult members when the actions being displayed are exactly that. looking at the northwest region of the country, it's getting crazier and crazier there. idaho and utah in particular....man i wouldn't go there if someone paid me to.

one dude...who isn't even conservative but just panders to voters is who they decide to follow. Conservatives said all the time that they hate politicians who pander and play to the base, then turn around and get offended when told that trump is doing exactly that.

there's a difference between patriotism and nationalism. and there's a difference between patriotism and blind loyalty. its apparent a massive chunk of right leaning americans don't know the difference.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
If someone has to use a SNL clip to try make some point...........well

Yeah, the clip shows Kavanaugh actually talking. Making up wild conspiracy theories and being unhinged. I know to you that part doesn't count. Hilarious.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You only see what you want to see. I guess the conspiracy theory that "This is all about the Clinton's" seems perfectly normal to you which speaks volumes.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

1 member likes this: mgh888
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Marjorie Taylor Greene Goes Off In Homophobic Rant Against Pete Buttigieg

The far-right member of Congress seemed to blend together her hateful conspiracy theories.

By
Mary Papenfuss
Mar. 26, 2022, 08:47 PM EDT

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) went on a twisted rant at Donald Trump’s rally in Georgia Saturday telling Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg and his husband, Chasten, to “stay out of our girls bathrooms.”

“You know what?” Greene asked the crowd in Commerce, starting off her bigoted rant. ”Pete Buttigieg can take his electric vehicles and his bicycle, and he and his husband can stay out of our girls bathrooms. Yup.”

While Greene’s rant was clearly motivated by hate, it is unclear which bigoted conspiracy theory she was drawing on in her attack of the Transportation Secretary and his husband, who are gay.

Greene has been a vocal opponent of transgender people using the bathroom according to their gender identity. Pete Buttigieg is not transgender, though that didn’t seem to stop Greene from lumping him into her general anti-LGBTQ comments.

Greene also attacked collegiate swimmer Lia Thomas, who is a trans woman, misgendering her while she yelled.
In addition, Greene took the opportunity to bash Georgia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams as “the Death Star” from the “Star Wars” franchise. But she bungled her sci fi references. Abrams just had a cameo in the Season 4 finale of “Star Trek: Discovery.”

Greene also warned that she’s “coming” for Georgia voters who have filed a complaint to block her reelection because of her role in last year’s insurrection, which they argue disqualifies her. Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, passed after the Civil War, states that no person may hold political office who has “engaged in insurrection or rebellion” or “given aid or comfort” to the nation’s enemies.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/marj...rls-bathrooms_n_623fa0d8e4b0ccd4f5204362

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well, she's a moron and hates anyone smarter than herself. Which is almost everyone.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I’m glad I have an EV now to avoid going into women’s restrooms. I didn’t realize that’s what it took. That or a bicycle I guess but I haven’t ridden one of those in years.

Stay safe out there to all you male gas guzzlers. It’s a slippery slope. One thing you’re driving and next thing you know, you’re peeing sitting down.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
3 members like this: Jester, FATE, oobernoober
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Jester
While Greene’s rant was clearly motivated by hate, it is unclear which bigoted conspiracy theory she was drawing on in her attack of the Transportation Secretary and his husband, who are gay.

rofl

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
There's no doubt the motivation was gay bashing. But the delivery of it was so botched up she made herself out to be a bigger fool than she already appeared to be. And at this point that's a feat in and of itself.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Jester
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Hey, if you and Pit don’t like what she said, then you can just go ahead and take your hemp shirts, Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, and Nespresso makers and stay the hell out of my pickup truck with a lift kit.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
2 members like this: PitDAWG, oobernoober
P
Legend
Legend
P
Do you have a rebel flag flying in the bed of it and a gun rack in the cab? Because if you fail those two basic standards you can't possibly be a MTG supporter. Certain requirements apply. naughtydevil

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: dawglover05
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Two Trump flags (for coming and going views), a don't tread on me, a rebel flag, a Q flag, and a 2A flag. You can't miss him unless you are completely surrounded by white hoods.

1 member likes this: dawglover05
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Two Trump flags (for coming and going views), a don't tread on me, a rebel flag, a Q flag, and a 2A flag. You can't miss him unless you are completely surrounded by white hoods.

Omg. I think imma put a “don’t tread on me” flag up on the crib and have the entire HOA confused as hell.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Jester
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I also ride around with a guy named Clayton Bigsby. I’ve never seen his actual face, but he seems like the real deal to get back to our roots.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: OldColdDawg, FATE
Legend
Legend
J.D. Vance: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Did 'Nothing Wrong' At White Nationalist Conference

https://www.yahoo.com/news/j-d-vance-rep-marjorie-091006066.html

but if i call the people that support this clown racist, i'm the problem.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Mississippi Republican Says Trans Rights Supporters Should Face a Firing Squad

Robert Foster tweeted that “groomers” and supporters of trans rights should be executed by firing squad, then doubled down.

A former candidate for Mississippi governor tweeted last week that “groomers” and supporters of trans rights should be executed by firing squad.

His account has already been reinstated by Twitter.

On Thursday, Robert Foster suggested—apparently unprompted—that “those who want to groom our children and pretend men are women,” the latter a reference to supporters of transgender rights, should be “lined up against [a] wall before a firing squad and sent to an early judgment.”

Foster reiterated his call for the state-sanctioned murder of trans rights supporters in a message to the Mississippi Free Press. “The law should be changed so that anyone trying to sexually groom children and/or advocating to put men pretending to be women in locker rooms and bathrooms with young women should receive the death penalty by firing squad,” Foster told the website, declining an interview.

(Though “grooming” is a real term used to describe adults who build trust with children and their families in order to sexually abuse them, the American right has recently weaponized the term to portray supporters of LGBTQ+ youth as being driven by pedophilia.)

Foster, a former two-term state representative who received 18 percent of the Republican primary vote in 2019, was the principal author of a 2017 bill allowing Mississippi to execute death row prisoners by firing squad and gas chamber, according to the Mississippi Free Press.

Foster’s post was later removed for violating Twitter’s rules, but the ex-lawmaker continued to imply that trans rights supporters should be killed. In response to a tweet from former Mississippi GOP executive director Spencer Ritchie implying Foster was a fascist, Foster castigated Ritchie and other “spineless establishment RINOs” for “conced[ing] every fight with the Communists.”

“Now the Godless have power and they are destroying our country,” Foster tweeted at Ritchie. “Soon we will have to deal with this directly.”

That tweet was still up as of Tuesday morning, as was another where Foster said that a firing squad was a “civilized and efficient way of disposing of evil” and cheaper than it would be to “fly them all up high over the Gulf of Mexico and push them out of a helicopter.”

“Transgendered people are merely victims, it’s their pedo groomers that are consumed by evil,” Foster said in another post.

Foster attempted to backtrack and said he had limited his call for executions to “groomers of children,” though that was a lie. It appears his account was briefly suspended, but by Sunday, he was back on the site.

Twitter did not respond to a request for comment from VICE News asking for details about Foster’s suspension.

Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves, who defeated Foster in that 2019 gubernatorial primary, signed a bill into law earlier this month that made Mississippi one of a dozen states to laws banning transgender girls from playing youth sports with other girls. A similar law passed last year in West Virginia was blocked by a federal judge.

After Utah Gov. Spencer Cox vetoed another similar bill last week, citing statistics showing the high rates of attempted suicide among transgender children and the fact that only one transgender girl plays youth sports in Utah. Republican lawmakers overrode his veto Friday while amending the bill for the state to cover legal fees associated with the legislation.

“I remain hopeful that we will continue to work toward a more inclusive, fair, and compassionate policy during the interim,” Cox said in a statement Friday.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dg...whh67EWu6HkIS-6l0lZiUiP_-ie_R-jdgxRHJoUg

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Republicans, what they have become pt.4

Link Copied to Clipboard