Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-envoy-nato-no-american-143007123.html

"Top American diplomats clarified on Sunday that the United States does not have a policy of regime change in Russia, as supporters and critics of President Joe Biden played down his declaration that Russian President Vladimir Putin "cannot remain in power."

I feel like that plays into Russian's and Putin's thoughts about the U.S.

While most of the world HOPES putin doesn't stay in power, was stating "For God's sake, he can't stay in power....", by the President of the U.S, a mistake?

I know 2 people that will come in here and pooh pooh this and make excuses. 1 might even challenge my education level.

But, I'd rather hear from adults.

Thoughts?

P
Legend
Legend
P
It was a terrible blunder and it should not have been said.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
Not a smart thing to say.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Ditto

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O

Biden said it like he sees it. I have no issue with that because every leader in the free world thinks the exact same thing. Screw Putin's feelings.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/27/22 03:40 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
France's Macron warns against escalation after Biden says Putin 'cannot remain in power'
Macron is holding talks with Putin to push for evacuations from besieged Ukrainian city of Mariupol

French President Emmanuel Macron warned against escalation Sunday regarding Ukraine, a day after President Biden said Russian President Vladimir Putin was a "butcher" who "cannot remain in power."

"I wouldn't use this type of wording because I continue to hold discussions with President Putin," Macron said Sunday during an appearance on France 3 TV channel. "We want to stop the war that Russia has launched in Ukraine without escalation -- that's the objective."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fr...lls-putin-butcher-cannot-remain-in-power

Legend
Legend
thought yall like straight shooters.

i agree with biden. putin can't remain in power.

how many times are we gonna deal with these tyrants from russia before we've had enough? then when the next stalin or putin rises to power, all yall gonna be like "omg why didnt we stop them when we had the chance?"

yall wanna do nothing and everything at the same damn time. freaking pick one already. in times of war, fence riding gets people killed.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
Notice where I said "the whole world HOPES he doesn't remain in power".

I don't disagree with Biden's THOUGHT. I disagree with him verbalizing it.

Here's why: This could be galvanizing putin to take the next step.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Swish

how many times are we gonna deal with these tyrants from russia before we've had enough? then when the next stalin or putin rises to power, all yall gonna be like "omg why didnt we stop them when we had the chance?"

Biden is the furthest thing from a straight shooter. Unfortunately, he literally doesn't even know what he is saying and his team keeps having to backtrack and apologize.

Russia invading Ukraine is not our war nor NATO'S and we have to keep our troops out of it along with NATO's.

if we attempt to stop them with boots on the ground or planes in the air we will end up in WW3 - and the only

China, Iran, and North Korea seem to have been waiting in the weeds until Biden or NATO messes up and they have justification.
*If that's not enough, we also really don't know on which side India will go. India is actually closely aligned with Russia.

If people are so adamant, they can book flights to send all of their family (kids, grandkids, friend kids, friend's grandkids, nieces, and nephews etc) over to protect Ukraine.

The only thing that has kept the USA pretty safe for the last 200+ years is the vast Pacific & Atlantic Oceans.

Plus, it really helps that we have Mexico, Canada, Hawaii, and Alaska as buffers to the mainland.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Notice where I said "the whole world HOPES he doesn't remain in power".

I don't disagree with Biden's THOUGHT. I disagree with him verbalizing it.

Here's why: This could be galvanizing putin to take the next step.

he's already taken more than enough "next" steps. and i dont understand whats the problem verbalizing it. not to play whatabout here, but you and others constantly went "well trump is only saying what everybody is thinking"

but now all of a sudden its a problem when somebody else does it? seriously, all i ever ask around here: what's the standard?

Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Biden is the furthest thing from a straight shooter. Unfortunately, he literally doesn't even know what he is saying and his team keeps having to backtrack and apologize.

uhuh. sure.

Russia invading Ukraine is not our war nor NATO'S and we have to keep our troops out of it along with NATO's.

you do realize that if russia takes ukraine, russia ends up right on NATO's border anyway. then whats the excuse?

if we attempt to stop them with boots on the ground or planes in the air we will end up in WW3 -

we've been sending weapons and equipment since it started. its clear you haven't been paying attention, because Russia already believes we've entered the war.

China, Iran, and North Korea seem to have been waiting in the weeds until Biden or NATO messes up and they have justification.
*If that's not enough, we also really don't know on which side India will go. India is actually closely aligned with Russia.

yall been fear mongering this nonsense for a while now. China is surrounded by US allies, we can strike Iran at any moment, and NK is NK. China is not gonna risk their own economic collapse because of Putin, or they would've hopped in already. India isn't exactly the best of the friends with China, and are more allied with us. they will continue riding the fence because for them, there's no reason for them to do anything else.

i get it, you don't really know what friends and allies are for, nor basic geography, but you might wanna open google maps and look where our allies are located and where US military bases are located.

Russia, china, and NK vs NATO, japan, and god knows however many countries. Russia can't even handle ukraine, yet here you are acting like somehow we should be shaking in our boots. seriously, grow a backbone. you're american, act like it.

If people are so adamant, they can book flights to send all of their family (kids, grandkids, friend kids, friend's grandkids, nieces, and nephews etc) over to protect Ukraine.

you mean like the people who joined the US military? ya know, kids, grandkids, friends kids, friend's grandkids, nieces, and nephews etc, the very people you're talking about....

i dunno how paranoid in real life you might be, or how isolated you are. but in the global community, we have these things called military alliances and allies that help us out when needed, because we trust one another to have each others back. you keep posting as if america does everything on our own, when thats the furthest from the truth.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
look, i learned a lot from you guys on the economy in the other thread. please apply your same knowledge at a global scale when discussing other countries like China. China cares about making money. they were caught off guard by the invasion and scrambled to evacuate their own citizens out of ukraine. China's biggest trade partners are the EU, US, and japan. if you think they're gonna jeopardize that by throwing real weight in the russian invasion - especially with all the failures the russian military is seeing - you're not paying attention.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
he's already taken more than enough "next" steps. and i dont understand whats the problem verbalizing it.

The problem is pissing off our allies. We have a unified front right now. Over the past few decades, the world has gotten sick of us playing king of the planet, and we should make sure we have input and approval from those on our side before making a declaration like that. It shows respect and indicates we are team player.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
he's already taken more than enough "next" steps. and i dont understand whats the problem verbalizing it.

The problem is pissing off our allies. We have a unified front right now. Over the past few decades, the world has gotten sick of us playing king of the planet, and we should make sure we have input and approval from those on our side before making a declaration like that. It shows respect and indicates we are team player.

You mean the unified front that he lead the way on after Putin’s invasion? And hold on a second. You said we have a unified front, then state the world is sick of us playing king of the planet. That’s a contradiction.

Not only is the world not sick of it, we have MORE countries wanting to join NATO, and Europe specifically have MORE countries wanting to join the EU. Nothing you’ve stated has much evidence to support it right now. And again, Biden stated that he shouldn’t be in power. Not that we’re gonna take him out. Not that we’re gonna install a puppet regime.

I’m sorry but this is more of the fence riding I’m talking about. You mad if we do something, mad if we do nothing, and mad if the obvious gets stated.

Imagine thinking the world is tired of America playing world police while the majority of the world looks toward American leadership. I dunno what sort of matrix you and others are living in, but please redpill yourself. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

uhuh. sure.

you do realize that if russia takes ukraine, russia ends up right on NATO's border anyway. then whats the excuse?

if we attempt to stop them with boots on the ground or planes in the air we will end up in WW3 -

we've been sending weapons and equipment since it started. its clear you haven't been paying attention, because Russia already believes we've entered the war.

yall been fear mongering this nonsense for a while now. China is surrounded by US allies, we can strike Iran at any moment, and NK is NK. China is not gonna risk their own economic collapse because of Putin, or they would've hopped in already. India isn't exactly the best of the friends with China, and are more allied with us. they will continue riding the fence because for them, there's no reason for them to do anything else.

i get it, you don't really know what friends and allies are for, nor basic geography, but you might wanna open google maps and look where our allies are located and where US military bases are located.

Russia, china, and NK vs NATO, japan, and god knows however many countries. Russia can't even handle ukraine, yet here you are acting like somehow we should be shaking in our boots. seriously, grow a backbone. you're american, act like it.

you mean like the people who joined the US military? ya know, kids, grandkids, friends kids, friend's grandkids, nieces, and nephews etc, the very people you're talking about....

i dunno how paranoid in real life you might be, or how isolated you are. but in the global community, we have these things called military alliances and allies that help us out when needed, because we trust one another to have each others back. you keep posting as if america does everything on our own, when thats the furthest from the truth.[/quote]

My Responses

1. Hot off the press: U.S. Officials Rush to Clarify Biden's Comment on Russia's Putin (backtracking because he's a moron)- https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...mp;cvid=27ee50c6a7b541bea81596fc59eaccd5

2. Sending aid is completely different than putting our troops on the ground. not sure why you would ever think they are the same thing? WW2 we sent aid for around a year before we were dragged into the war.

3. Let them duke it out. It's not our monkey, it's not our problem. Ukraine is not even a member of NATO.

4. Russia does not believe we are at war with them. Alaska would be under attack if that was the case.

5. India... apparently you live under a rock https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022/3/14/why-is-istandwithputin-trending-in Why is India standing with Putin’s Russia? No one should be surprised that India, especially under Modi’s leadership, chose to support Russia after its invasion of Ukraine.

6. China, North Korea, India, and Russia are all connected to each other. Maybe, you should take a look at a map. We can't fight everyone, on 14 different fronts and protect the mainland. That's delusional at best. Most of our European best allies have no military to speak of and would take a year to get up to speed.

Here is a top 10 active-duty list by size

China: 2,185,000. - Russian ally
India: 1,455,550. - likely Russian ally especially thanks to Modi
United States: 1,388,100. - duh
North Korea: 1,280,000. - Russian Ally
Russia: 850,000. - duh
Pakistan: 654,000. - huge China Ally
Iran: 610,000. - Russian Ally
South Korea: 599,000. - - USA ally
Vietnam: 482,000 - US Ally
Egypt: 450,000 - USA Ally that is not safe for Americans to travel to and is surrounded

odds are not exactly stacked in our favor

7. I'm not paranoid nor am I isolated. (nice try) Russia has been taunting us for a few years while improving its ally relationships and joint military war games.

8. it seems like you are assuming a lot of things are the same as they were in the 2000's. You may want to read up on what has been happening in the last 5-10 years. A lot has changed and our allies don't exactly have massive amounts of military personnel either.

Top US Allies:
Canada 68,000 active
Australia 58,206 active
UK 153,290 UK active
France 368,962 active
Italy 165,500 active
Ireland 7,310 permanent personnel
Israel 169,500 including 102,500 conscripts
Germany 62,766 soldiers
Phillipines 130,000 active military personnel
Japan 240,000 active
Mexico 250,000 active
South Korea 555,000 active

9. Biden is so dumb he told U.S. troops in Poland they are fighting for democracy.

'You’re going to see when you’re there – some of you have been there – you’re going to see women, young people, standing in the middle, in front of a damn tank, saying, "I’m not leaving",' Biden said in a speech to the 82nd Airborne Division.

Again, the White House is forced to make a correction after Biden suggested US troops WOULD be sent into Ukraine and had already been there

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Biden-suggested-troops-sent-Ukraine.html

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Putin wants to bury Americans...you do realize that, don't you...!

I applaud Biden for saying what most Americans are already thinking...especially given the fact that Putin is targeting women and children in addition to elderly civilians standing in food lines...I have zero remorse for telling the Russian people that Putin must not remain in power to repeat another attack such as he has conducted upon innocent Ukrainians.

Most of do not know about the reality of what Putin has in store the American people, if he gets another chance to coordinate an attack upon the United States of America.

Today, if you were to ask the Russian soldiers how they feel about the lies Putin told them about the need for war against the Ukraine...those Russian soldiers that were Conned by Putin to carry out "his war of choice", WOULD SAY THE SAME THING BIDEN SAID...PUTIN MUST NOT REMAIN IN POWER SO HE CAN DO THIS AGAIN.

If we were to ask the Russian people who know the truth about Putin's desire to start a war against innocent Ukrainians...the RUSSIAN PEOPLE WOULD SAY THE SAME THING BIDEN DID...PUTIN MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO REMAIN IN POWER, BECAUSE HE WILL START ANOTHER SENSELESS WAR IF HE REMAINS IN POWER.

I realize some would rather score cheap political points than face the reality of what Putin is.

Sadly, our country is loaded with Pro Russian/Pro Putin Americans who believe Putin is a good guy, just misunderstood. The truth is, Putin will try to destroy America and the American people if he could, yet some of you are more worried about BIDEN SAYING PUTIN MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO REMAIN IN POWER.

The entire world would be better off is Putin no longer had the power to wage war.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It was a terrible blunder and it should not have been said.

Amen! I'm not so sure he had any idea what he was saying... while I don't disagree that I think Putin doesn't need to be in office... Biden is adding fuel to the fire to Putin's WW3...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

did you really just post about size? i could destroy every last argument you're making, from the beta male rhetoric of "not our problem", to you thinking that Russia doesn't think we're at war with them when:

Kremlin official says West has declared 'total war' on Russia

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...ys-west-has-declared-total-war-on-russia

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on Friday took aim at the sanctions the United States and other countries have imposed on Moscow for its invasion of Ukraine, saying he believes that the West has declared "total war" on Russia.

Lavrov made his comments during a meeting in which he described actions that Western nations have taken in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine as “a real hybrid war," adding that "total war was declared on us,” The Associated Press reported.

____

i could go in on all that, but.....you posted about MILITARY SIZE?

MILITARY SIZE BRO? REALLY?!!

this is hands down one of the worst arguments you could have possibly made. just by your own horrible logic, military size states that Putin should've already declared victory in ukraine.

....oh wait, that hasn't happened yet. why, Supe? THEY HAVE THE SIZE!!!! it doesn't make sense as to why they haven't been victorious yet!!!

you got the audacity to claim i'm stuck in the 2000's while you sitting here acting like we're in WW2 or earlier. seriously, you think combat is storming the beaches of normandy? you think we're still in the middle of nowhere yelling "READY, AIM, FIRE!!!"

you just gave one of the most oblivious takes on this board, and boy does somebody really have to go out of their way to accomplish that around here. are you that unaware of our capabilities, or our allies? you remember that stupidly long russian convoy trying to roll into Kiev? you ever heard of an A-10, or a drone? do you not understand we got drones that are flown by pilots in nevada and arizona that can wipe out that crap in a matter of seconds? we can wipe out all of the russian forces in ukraine and not put one boot on the ground. we got F-35's that are so advanced, it can wipe out a target and already be landing back on the aircraft carrier having the pilots playing cards before the enemy even realizes what just hit them. oh yea, our carrier fleets can hit these clowns from the middle of the sea, thats how long range our missiles are. we got pilots that would have air superiority in a matter of hours, if it even takes that long. we would only have boots on ground for mop up duty, clearing out buildings where the russian scum is hiding out, and thats IF they didnt already surrender like they're currently doing to an INFERIOR ukraine. nevermind the cyber attacks we can launch that would completely screw their energy grid and comms.

and thats just us. imagine all the cool tech our allies have.

i'm sorry man but you seriously need to grow a pair of balls and remember what country you're from. you're a damn american yet you speak as if you're from Kazakhstan. damn bro the taliban and al qaeda that i fought had a bigger set than you. imagine you worrying about a military that is so inept, they have to recruit middle eastern mercenaries to even have a chance at not making the invasion look like an absolute failure. the russians have already lost more troops in less than 2 months than we did in 20 years fighting two war campaigns. do you not realize how pathetic that argument is? they're so bad, they had to resort to mass shelling and used a hypersonic missile, and didnt even MAKE PROGRESS!!!

man im really heated right now. you out here talking about military size as if that means anything. russia has the size advantage, but lack of TRAINING and modern equipment are costing them severely.

they had war games, the united states has 20 years OF REAL LIFE COMBAT EXPERIENCE. NATO, who rolled with us in the middle east, has 20 years of REAL LIFE COMBAT EXPERIENCE. you cannot replicate that playing cops and robbers in the middle of nowhere. china has no relevant combat experience. Iran only knows how to fight against the same losers driving around in pickup trucks wearing flip flops. NK can't even feed their own people, and can't even fire off a successful test missile without jacking their environment up.

i mean damn man what kind of nonsense did you really just try to respond with? the US are LEADERS, and yet you.....you just want to be a follower and constantly worry about what other countries are or aren't doing.

i can't with you anymore. this is straight up soft. please just hide in the basement with the children. i cant even say women cause i served with women who would run circles around you, not just on the battlefield but in actual life. we got ukrainian women out here banging like crips and bloods, and yet you'd be that dude trying to run to another country like a punk. i have nothing else to say to you.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
i swear to god everybody wants rep America's #1 status until its time to put in that #1 style of work.

- Theodore Roosevelt
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
He said out loud what everybody should know
Our foreign policy has been focused on regime change in any country that is a world oil supplier. or any country that needs an oil pipeline built through it.
We are particularly interested in disrupting any oil supplying countries that trade oil in currencies other than the US Dollar.
The Europeans don't support the regime change in Russia as much, because they don't benefit that much from it. They would actually be better off trading Euros for Oil.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
i swear to god everybody wants rep America's #1 status until its time to put in that #1 style of work.
Originally Posted by mac

Sadly, our country is loaded with Pro Russian/Pro Putin Americans who believe Putin is a good guy, just misunderstood. The truth is, Putin will try to destroy America and the American people if he could, yet some of you are more worried about BIDEN SAYING PUTIN MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO REMAIN IN POWER.

this is stupid and inaccurate. stop trying to categorize putin/pro-trump/republicans in the same category. they are not.

Biden literally is the dumbest person I have ever seen speak. Every day he continues to impress me with his level of stupidity.

From an America standpoint, we need to step back and figure things out before we just jump into the middle of things.

We have been successful in both World Wars because we had time to assess the situation and buildup out production and the wars were in Europe.

A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
My biggest concern is, putin is already bombing apartments and civilians in Ukraine. And the next WW most likely won't end at an invasion of another country or countries. It could go nuclear very quick.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent

You mean the unified front that he lead the way on after Putin’s invasion? And hold on a second. You said we have a unified front, then state the world is sick of us playing king of the planet. That’s a contradiction.

Not only is the world not sick of it, we have MORE countries wanting to join NATO, and Europe specifically have MORE countries wanting to join the EU. Nothing you’ve stated has much evidence to support it right now. And again, Biden stated that he shouldn’t be in power. Not that we’re gonna take him out. Not that we’re gonna install a puppet regime.

I’m sorry but this is more of the fence riding I’m talking about. You mad if we do something, mad if we do nothing, and mad if the obvious gets stated.

Imagine thinking the world is tired of America playing world police while the majority of the world looks toward American leadership. I dunno what sort of matrix you and others are living in, but please redpill yourself. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Whoa. I'm not sitting on a fence. We have staunch allies working with us for the first time since Desert Storm. We saw how Bush screwed that up by invading Iraq with nowhere near the support, because he falsely assumed the allies we had in DS would jump right in without question. I don't want Biden doing the same thing. Brash statements like taking out a president should come from NATO or another unified multinational front, not from one head of state.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Bro what are you talking about? Our allies were banging right beside us in the desert in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Seriously where are you getting this level of inaccurate information from? I’m trying my best not to put you in the SBD category man. But your post is just wrong. Our allies were right beside us after 9/11 and we got closer with the Kurds who became family.

Guys seriously what is happening? I swear we’re living in two different realities right now.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Come on. There was a lot of opposition to us invading Iraq in 2003 vs what we had in Desert Storm a decade prior. The UN said the invasion was a violation of international law. I recall Poland and a bunch of smaller countries as the only ones willing to come on board. (The UK and Australia did join up before the invasion I believe.) France wouldn't even allow us use of it's airspace. Who can forget the dems calling it "a coalition of the bribed and coerced". Other countries joined in when Al Qaeda and ISIS became major players.

I don't know what SBD means.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
SBD is short for super, the poster.

And I remember all too well our allies in Iraq and Afghanistan with us in the desert. Our allies were also ticked off over what happened on 9/11. While Iraq was controversial, our family stuck by us. It only started getting dicey once all the info was coming out showing that we invaded under false pretenses. Even then, a lot of them still assisted us in the desert.

The Dems calling it correctly has no impact on the fact that our allies were with us early on, and even late into the campaign. As a matter of fact, a lot of Dems were being called anti American because of their opposition to Iraq.

And now we’re United again against an enemy who pulled the same crap we did in Iraq, minus the indiscriminate shelling of civilians and cities.

And I’m glad we’re leading the effort to bolster ukraine against Russia. And I’m glad Biden called it what it is publicly. Guys like Putin shouldn’t be allowed to breathe, never mind run a country.

If countries aligned with Russia we’re gonna hop into the war, they would’ve done so already. The swiftness in which the west United and enforced sanctions, as well as supporting Ukraine with weapons and equipment have countries like China doing nothing but saying whatever to maintain the illusion of support for Russia.

And if China isn’t gonna bother entering the war, why on earth would you think Biden publicly stating the truth would change our United front? We’re the west. We have the bread. We have the ability to weather an economic storm while new supply lines our built. China and Russia don’t. China depends on the EU and US for economic trade, and Russia has literally nothing to offer to counteract that potential hit to their economy, seeing as Russia’s economy is already in the gutters.

China is surrounded by South Korea, Japan, and our military bases.

Russia is on a metaphorical island, and they have no one to blame but themselves. Putin has threatened nukes and all kinds of other crap, and all it’s done is make countries want to JOIN NATO and the EU. If you think that Biden staying the obvious in public will change that, well….

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

this is something a grunt would say not a general.

did you really just post about size? i could destroy every last argument you're making, from the beta male rhetoric of "not our problem", to you thinking that Russia doesn't think we're at war with them when:

Kremlin official says West has declared 'total war' on Russia

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...ys-west-has-declared-total-war-on-russia

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on Friday took aim at the sanctions the United States and other countries have imposed on Moscow for its invasion of Ukraine, saying he believes that the West has declared "total war" on Russia.

Lavrov made his comments during a meeting in which he described actions that Western nations have taken in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine as “a real hybrid war," adding that "total war was declared on us,” The Associated Press reported.

____

i could go in on all that, but.....you posted about MILITARY SIZE?

MILITARY SIZE BRO? REALLY?!!

this is hands down one of the worst arguments you could have possibly made. just by your own horrible logic, military size states that Putin should've already declared victory in ukraine.

....oh wait, that hasn't happened yet. why, Supe? THEY HAVE THE SIZE!!!! it doesn't make sense as to why they haven't been victorious yet!!!

you got the audacity to claim i'm stuck in the 2000's while you sitting here acting like we're in WW2 or earlier. seriously, you think combat is storming the beaches of normandy? you think we're still in the middle of nowhere yelling "READY, AIM, FIRE!!!"

you just gave one of the most oblivious takes on this board, and boy does somebody really have to go out of their way to accomplish that around here. are you that unaware of our capabilities, or our allies? you remember that stupidly long russian convoy trying to roll into Kiev? you ever heard of an A-10, or a drone? do you not understand we got drones that are flown by pilots in nevada and arizona that can wipe out that crap in a matter of seconds? we can wipe out all of the russian forces in ukraine and not put one boot on the ground. we got F-35's that are so advanced, it can wipe out a target and already be landing back on the aircraft carrier having the pilots playing cards before the enemy even realizes what just hit them. oh yea, our carrier fleets can hit these clowns from the middle of the sea, thats how long range our missiles are. we got pilots that would have air superiority in a matter of hours, if it even takes that long. we would only have boots on ground for mop up duty, clearing out buildings where the russian scum is hiding out, and thats IF they didnt already surrender like they're currently doing to an INFERIOR ukraine. nevermind the cyber attacks we can launch that would completely screw their energy grid and comms.

and thats just us. imagine all the cool tech our allies have.

i'm sorry man but you seriously need to grow a pair of balls and remember what country you're from. you're a damn american yet you speak as if you're from Kazakhstan. damn bro the taliban and al qaeda that i fought had a bigger set than you. imagine you worrying about a military that is so inept, they have to recruit middle eastern mercenaries to even have a chance at not making the invasion look like an absolute failure. the russians have already lost more troops in less than 2 months than we did in 20 years fighting two war campaigns. do you not realize how pathetic that argument is? they're so bad, they had to resort to mass shelling and used a hypersonic missile, and didnt even MAKE PROGRESS!!!

man im really heated right now. you out here talking about military size as if that means anything. russia has the size advantage, but lack of TRAINING and modern equipment are costing them severely.

they had war games, the united states has 20 years OF REAL LIFE COMBAT EXPERIENCE. NATO, who rolled with us in the middle east, has 20 years of REAL LIFE COMBAT EXPERIENCE. you cannot replicate that playing cops and robbers in the middle of nowhere. china has no relevant combat experience. Iran only knows how to fight against the same losers driving around in pickup trucks wearing flip flops. NK can't even feed their own people, and can't even fire off a successful test missile without jacking their environment up.

i mean damn man what kind of nonsense did you really just try to respond with? the US are LEADERS, and yet you.....you just want to be a follower and constantly worry about what other countries are or aren't doing.

i can't with you anymore. this is straight up soft. please just hide in the basement with the children. i cant even say women cause i served with women who would run circles around you, not just on the battlefield but in actual life. we got ukrainian women out here banging like crips and bloods, and yet you'd be that dude trying to run to another country like a punk. i have nothing else to say to you.

1. My grandpa was a Lieutenant Cornel, My wife's father was a Master Chief Sergeant, 2 of my uncles were officers and 3 of my first cousins served and also were officers 1 other was a grunt and got out at e-3. Unfortunately, I was unable to serve because of medical conditions. I have had many conversations around these kinds of things and tons of other things. They all seem to think along the same lines. Russia and China will reveal their intentions soon enough. Hopefully, our generals keep us out of Ukraine's war as long as possible if not the entire time.

2. I just don't think you understand how much China, India, and Russia have closed the gap between us in the last 15 years. https://www.airforcemag.com/report-...-chinas-air-arms-eroding-u-s-advantages/

3. Battles are fought on a battlefield. The bigger the battlefield, the more fronts, and the more defensive positions that need to be taken. We would be heavily defending Alaska, California, Hawaii, Florida, and the east coast. We would also have to spread ourselves over to Ukraine. We only have 280 warthogs with around 250 being fit for service. We cannot spread them all over the world. The same is true with our f-35's and F16/15's

4. Russia has not used many fighters in Ukraine and that is a cause for pause. https://www.economist.com/interactive/2022/03/08/curious-case-russias-missing-air-force

5. When the U.S. Air Force fought in Operation Desert Storm in 1991, it operated a fleet of about 4,000 fighters. Fast forward to 2021, and that inventory has shrunk to 2,000 aircraft with an average age of 28 years, said Air Combat Command chief Gen. Mark Kelly in an Aug. 16 interview with Defense News. https://www.airforcemag.com/air-force-fleet-120-airplanes-smaller-since-2020/
The Air Force trimmed 120 airplanes from its fleet in fiscal 2021, gaining the most aircraft among its F-35 fighter squadrons and giving up the most from its B-1 bomber units, according to data provided by the Air Force. To win against a near-peer nation like Russia or China, the U.S. needs “high capability, high capacity and affordability,” he said.
https://www.defensenews.com/digital...dy-asks-whats-the-right-number-of-f-35s/

6. China and India almost have every single technology we have. China has advanced stealth drones and over 2,250 fighter jets.

7. most combat troops who were in Iraq are already out of the Military and US has not really been in Iraq since Obama pulled everyone out in 2011 a decade ago(except for police and training).

8. we only had about 10,000 troops in Afghanistan since 2015 and most of those troops are out of the military. So, maybe we still have 1,000 that were in Afghanistan who saw combat.

9. we should start to increase military spending and recruiting to get ready for a potential war with Russia not jump into a war with Russia.

10. Lavrov was talking about a hybrid war against their economy. To my point, if we put troops on the ground, the last part of his comment would come into play and we would be at war. Which, is exactly what I have been saying.

“We have many friends, allies, partners in the world, a huge number of associations in which Russia is working with countries of all continents, and we will continue to do so,” Lavrov reportedly said.

11. Let's not forget our military just enjoyed one of Biden's most embarrassing departure orders in US history. People were hanging onto planes falling to their death while hanging onto c-130s in Afghanistan when we were running out it with our tail between our legs.

12. Most of our planes are 30 to 50 years old with several over 50. https://www.airforcemag.com/air-for...ut-eight-fleets-now-exceed-50-years-old/ “The excessive age of the Air Force aircraft inventory is the result of decades of neglect,” said retired Lt. Gen. David A. Deptula, head of AFA’s Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies. “The situation is now chronic and must be addressed,” he said. An Air Force that’s “relevant to dealing with the threats facing the nation … [is] fundamental to any successful joint military operation.” The Pentagon, he said, can “no longer ‘kick the can down the road.’ The Air Force must be resourced to modernize its force, or its fragility will limit our ability to execute the national defense strategy.”

13 Don't start insulting me because you think you know me and who would be running circles around me. You don't.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Presidents have a hard job. I am not going to beat the guy over the head with a stick.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
You think I care who you’re family was? YOU weren’t any of that. And oh lord, the vaunted “I had a medical condition”

Do you have any idea how many times people have heard that line? Nah you not getting that one off. You sound like trump. Lemme guess, bone spurs?

Seriously, you wrote all that, didn’t make any points and are still wrong. You have zero idea on how modern warfare is fought. You have zero idea about modern tech in todays military, and you clearly have no idea how geopolitical situations affects military/non military engagement.

Here’s the fun part: you don’t have to be in the military to know any of that. It doesn’t take special insight. All it takes is simply paying attention to the world you live in. Again, you keep taking about size like a dude with a 6 inch lift on his truck. Russia has sustained more losses in 2 months than we have in 20 years in two different war campaigns.

And you keep talking about India as if they would seriously risk a fight with their western economic partners over Russia. Again more proof that you have no idea about the political landscape overseas, which ALSO doesn’t take any special insight, just a google search.

I don’t know how many times I have to explain this. If you’re trying to occupy a territory, the size of your military means absolutely nothing because you’re wasting resources destroying crap that you have to pay for to rebuild. Which again, displays how little you understand about modern warfare. Everything is based in urban operations. The reason why Ukraine is holding up is because we trained them on the defensive tactics we learned in the desert fighting Muslim extremist and operations in North Africa.

You keep talking about size when we have tech that replaces the need for massive levels of troops. I can not stress enough how outdated you are. The people piloting drones in the Middle East and potentially EE are based HERE in America. At what point are you gonna get that through your head? Cyber warfare, drones, F-35s, carriers at sea. The need for a bunch of troops on the ground has greatly diminished because it isn’t necessary anymore. The WHOLE point of investing into military is to maximize enemy losses while minimizing your own. Why in gods name would China join in the fight when their ally just proved that they haven’t done that? You really think the Chinese are gonna waste their manpower and resources trying to help Russia save face? They already know it would be a failure, especially since they’re already dealing with a severe imbalance of manpower due to the one child policy. Less people are getting married and having less kids, which mean China is focused on trying to grow their population, which is a major reason as to why they’re trying to assimilate Chinese Muslims.

And again, you keep taking about China as if Japan or South Korea doesn’t have a force of their own. As if our allies don’t have anything of their own. Again, you think it would just be American banging in the war when it would be the furthest from the truth.

Even in your mind boggling scenario, China, Russia, and India does not have the ability to defeat NATO, never mind throwing our SE asian Allie’s into the mix. America wouldn’t be solo dolo, and yet you’re proving my point earlier about you clearly being an isolated dude.

Yea, I was a grunt, and I got out as an E-6. You do realize that’s more than you’ll ever accomplish in the military, right? Your family member who was an E-3? He did more than you’ll ever do. You don’t get to diminish grunt life when you couldn’t even make it there yourself.

And yea, women out here banging in the military, defending home turf in Ukraine. The fact that you used your medical condition as an excuse says that those women would ABSOLUTELY run circles around you. Trans women too, cause unlike you, they’re actually IN the military.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Lol medical condition. Sounding just like them loser militia dudes playing army in their backyard dreaming about taking over the government. Lemme find out you on some stolen valor stuff, I’m roasting the dog crap out of you.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by mac

this is stupid and inaccurate. stop trying to categorize putin/pro-trump/republicans in the same category. they are not.

Biden literally is the dumbest person I have ever seen speak. Every day he continues to impress me with his level of stupidity.

From an America standpoint, we need to step back and figure things out before we just jump into the middle of things.

We have been successful in both World Wars because we had time to assess the situation and buildup out production and the wars were in Europe.

sbd...I'll tell you what is "stupid and inaccurate"...YOUR ATTEMPT TO MISREPRESENT MY COMMENTS...!

Where did I say "pro-trump/republicans"..?

You simply made that crap up and I'm calling you on it. My comment was "Sadly, our country is loaded with Pro Russian/Pro Putin Americans".

...and that comment is 100% true. I have not attempted to identify the political affiliation of those Americans who are Pro-Russian and/or Pro Putin, but if you want give us the break down of your research into the political identification of these Pro Russian/Pro Putin folks, go right ahead and fill us in..!

What Biden did was to plant the seed into the head of all Russians what it takes for them to get their own country out of the mess Putin made. Biden knows the most effective way to achieve a change at the top of Russia's current power structure is for the Russian people along with the Russian military to do it.

Giving the Russian people a nudge in that direction..to help the Russians making their own decision to remove Putin from power...smart move!

Also, Biden planted the seed inside Putin's head of how he is viewed now that he has chosen to start a needless war against the Ukraine. Putin's GREATEST FEAR is that he will be removed from office by his own people. Encouraging the Russian people and military to remove Putin from power themselves is a damn smart move by America's intell agencies and using Biden's speech to plant THAT SEED..!

My take on some of the posts...some are simply AFRAID of PUTIN.

Last edited by mac; 03/28/22 06:18 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
You giving some posters way too much credit “fearing” Putin.

It’s time to start facing the reality that some of these guys actually support Putin. The anti-American/anti-western/pro-Russian nonsense being posted on this board is in line with some of the crap we see on Fox News and breitbart. There’s a reason why Russia loves using clips of Fox News and Donald trump in their propaganda campaigns. And there’s a reason we see some posters strangely parroting the same talking points.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Not a smart thing so say, but he's right about it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[quote=Swish]

nope. asthma. I have had it all of my life - we are not in a draft and I wasn't even born until the 80's. So, yes, I had a medical condition and it is what it is.

The funny part is I didn't make most of those points - other really smart people did and I shared articles where factual events happened. Plus, it's easy to put the pieces together. when you are able to step back and view the big picture.

I hope you realize is that attacking armies usually suffer consequences 3:1 ish and size is literally almost everything when you are attacking. Well, along with supplies. Right now, Russia is on the same path and they are falling within those ratios of expected losses.

"Urban warfare" is not really what is happening in Ukraine the way it was in Iraq or Afghanistan and our soldiers had to go through completely different things. Ukraine recruited back and weaponized its people. They had something like 60,0000 of their men come back to fight. Russia is just making dumb mistake after dumb mistake. Eventually, that is expected to stop.

I am not sure how long the Ukraine cities will be able to last If Russia repositions their troops and takes the cities one at a time. At some point, Zelenskyy will have to compromise and negotiate a truce.

We are only 30 days into this altercation. We need much more information before we make any decisions on if we should put troops on the ground.

What I was talking about was a WW3 scenario - which we have to consider.

- India would absolutely risk the USA if they had to. They already are. Biden made comments the other day about how India was shady for remaining neutral because their leader is more pro-Putin. You are the one struggling to read the political landscape. It's pretty obvious.

- Literally, China and India have the same drone capabilities we do. https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202109/1235283.shtml They are going to start ramping up production on them too - Same with Fighters.

- In many cases, India and China have more technology than we do. They probably write 50% of our technology programming code for businesses in the USA. IE Javascript, HTML Python etc etc etc etc If anyone was most capable of cyber warfare it would be India, Russia, and China - Maybe throw in Vietnam too.

- Do you really think most of the world actually likes the USA?

- South Korea and North Korea would obviously be in a stalemate that would eliminate the South from helping us.

- Japan, is actively ramping up its military along with German.

- Do you realize that Russia actually borders China?

Obviously, you accomplished more in the military than I did. So your little tirade...... "Thank you for your service".

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by mac

sbd...I'll tell you what is "stupid and inaccurate"...YOUR ATTEMPT TO MISREPRESENT MY COMMENTS...!

Where did I say "pro-trump/republicans"..?

You simply made that crap up and I'm calling you on it. My comment was "Sadly, our country is loaded with Pro Russian/Pro Putin Americans".

...and that comment is 100% true. I have not attempted to identify the political affiliation of those Americans who are Pro-Russian and/or Pro Putin, but if you want give us the break down of your research into the political identification of these Pro Russian/Pro Putin folks, go right ahead and fill us in..!

What Biden did was to plant the seed into the head of all Russians what it takes for them to get their own country out of the mess Putin made. Biden knows the most effective way to achieve a change at the top of Russia's current power structure is for the Russian people along with the Russian military to do it.

Giving the Russian people a nudge in that direction..to help the Russians making their own decision to remove Putin from power...smart move!

Also, Biden planted the seed inside Putin's head of how he is viewed now that he has chosen to start a needless war against the Ukraine. Putin's GREATEST FEAR is that he will be removed from office by his own people. Encouraging the Russian people and military to remove Putin from power themselves is a damn smart move by America's intell agencies and using Biden's speech to plant THAT SEED..!

My take on some of the posts...some are simply AFRAID of PUTIN.

My error and I apologize - I was wrong.
*I have seen a lot of posts implying That anti-American/anti-western/pro-Russian/Trump/Tucker/Fox News/Republican are somehow all the same.

I think Biden doesn't know what he is saying. The WH keeps correcting/damage control/ downplaying Biden's statements while trying to keep him only reading the teleprompter without going off the cuff because they are afraid we will end up in the war.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...t-on-russias-putin/ar-AAVyjfY?li=BBnb7Kz

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Biden-suggested-troops-sent-Ukraine.html

It is fair to think that some are afraid of Putin. I'm sure some are

O
Legend
Legend
O
I give him (Biden) a tiny bit of credit for saying what we're all thinking... but saying something just so you and your admin have to immediately walk it back is obviously an 'L'.

IMO, you don't say something like that unless you're willing to back it up. He obviously isn't (hence the immediate walking back). It's weak.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Please, and I don’t mean this as an insult: don’t thank me for my service. I don’t not post service experience to get sympathy or a discount at a store like *some* others. I post in a way for people to understand the point of view, nothing more.

Urban warfare is absolutely what’s happening, because if this was a full scale conflict, Russia would’ve used the big boy toys out the gate. You have to understand the difference between occupying and a full scale assault. If I’m trying to occupy and install a puppet regime like Russia wants to do, you can’t destroy everything in sight, because it’s on the occupying force to pay for the repairs. And since the Russian economy is currently in the toilet, good luck relying on that cash. Urban warfare is not about recruiting. It’s a style of combat. The way you strategize on the ground, lead assaults and counter attacks. It’s guerrilla warfare on steroids. It’s why the Ukrainian resistance is so effective because we trained them that way.

Enough of the world likes the USA, or we wouldn’t be the #1 melting pot on the planet. It’s obvious with the demographics that exist in this country, and the amount of influence we have around the world.

Invading forces suffer massive losses if the strategy is trash, see Russia. Our invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan was successful. Where we failed and sustained most of our losses was the occupying phase. The hearts and minds aspect of occupying is where we screwed up.

Again, stop posting as if we’re running this solo dolo. And you’re really disrespecting and underselling our allies capabilities. I dunno if you’re scared of Russia or a supporter, but India won’t be entering a war against the west, especially the US.

The perspective you’re posting is of someone who would roll over to a dictator. Sorry but there’s no scenario where you’re gonna make a point if that’s your stance. To expect anybody to bow to dictators is exactly how dictatorships gain more power.

- Theodore Roosevelt
S
All Pro
All Pro
S

yall wanna do nothing and everything at the same damn time. freaking pick one already. in times of war, fence riding gets people killed.

Polls show that people had picked a strategy before the conflict even started. The overwhelming majority of citizens did not want us putting troops or weapons in Eastern Europe to fight Russia. As the propaganda has ramped up, we have seen that shift to where more and more Americans want us involved in the conflict. It's really not "fence-riding". It's a conflict between the peoples emotional response to the propaganda that makes them want to intervene versus the rational brain that has known from the beginning that entering into another conflict is a dumb idea.

1 member likes this: superbowldogg
Legend
Legend
Yea I disagree with that completely. The majority was supported assistance because what Russia did was completely unprovoked. Push that anti western rhetoric somewhere else.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I give him (Biden) a tiny bit of credit for saying what we're all thinking... but saying something just so you and your admin have to immediately walk it back is obviously an 'L'.

IMO, you don't say something like that unless you're willing to back it up. He obviously isn't (hence the immediate walking back). It's weak.

/thread

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Did you miss the part where they are using artillery and missiles to knock down buildings? Did you miss the part where I said Ukraine is recruiting back its people? Every single general worth their salt reads and references tons of battles that happened in the past.

Actually, most of my comments have been we need to wait and see what is happening and figure out who is on what side. The first through the brick wall is the bloodiest and it's best to figure out who your enemies will be.

For some reason, you want to be the first on the ground. That's simply not the American way unless we or our nato allies are attacked.

Rolling over to any dictator is stupid.

I'm not saying we are running solo. But, we would be the ones who invest the most into the war - both troops and resources. So, we should be the last ones to enter into a war between two counties. Especially since Ukraine is not a NATO member.

If we put troops on the ground, I'm pretty sure Russia would be able to convince some of their allies to get involved and will only massively escalate things.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Did Biden make things worse?

Link Copied to Clipboard