Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Aiden Hutchenson will probably go number One.

After that it seems like it is all opinion based upon need or BPA.

I know a little about maybe the top 50 in this draft. Really a little. I have concentrated on guys who we might go after. First when we had pick 13 qnd now 44.

So I have looked at receivers, edge, DT, and I looked at the quarterbacks but only to a degree.

The guy that I believe that is underestimated is Desmond Ridder. Most analyists have him as qb 4. Behind Pickett, Willis, and Corral.

My reasons are. He is a four year starter and a four year winner. Every year he played. He got better.

He took a small program a long way. He is a excellent athlete with good size. 6'3" 215 lb. He ran a 4.52.

He has a good arm. Not elite but he has no problem making any throw needed.

He is a mature married guy with a child. He is a respected leader. In four years his completetion average is 62.1. He has thrown 87 td's 28 int's.

His record is 44-5. never lost a home game 26-0.

He is currently the only active FBS player with 10,000 passing yards and 2,000 rushing. He is a pass first guy but can run fast.

The knock on him is ball placement and to a degree accuracy.

When I watch his tape. I see a lot of things I really like and only some small things to clean up. IMO Malik Willis has the biggest upside.

But I like Ridder best of the quarterbacks in this draft if you are looking for a guy who could start the soonest.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I’m hoping he doesn’t fall to the Stillers.

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I don't like any of the QBs in this draft, but then again, it's almost impossible to evaluate how collegiate qbs will translate to the NFL.

Here are two guys I think that might be underrated at positions of need for the Browns.

From PFF:

DT DEVONTE WYATT, GEORGIA
Last season, Georgia’s defense was ridiculous, stocked full of athletically gifted NFL-caliber players. Players like Jermaine Johnson II even had to transfer away from the program just to get the opportunity to showcase their play.

Because of all of that talent, attention seems to be getting drawn away from Wyatt, who generated the best PFF grade of any defensive lineman on the team and the second-best grade of any Georgia defender.

While Jordan Davis could get drafted in the top half of the first round because of the potential of the player he could become, Wyatt is already a wrecking ball. He was the best-graded defender at the Senior Bowl and is a prototypical player in terms of traits.

WR SKYY MOORE, WESTERN MICHIGAN
Despite his season-ending ankle injury, USC's Drake London will likely be the first receiver off the board and could be a top-10 selection. Western Michigan’s Skyy Moore earned the same 91.8 PFF receiving grade and an even better overall grade this past season.

Moore racked up 1,291 yards and 10 touchdown receptions, averaging 3.40 yards per route run, and he was another player who answered any potential athleticism concerns with an impressive performance at the combine.

The 5-foot-10, 195-pound pass-catcher ran a 4.41-second 40-yard dash and put up solid numbers across the board. His 10-yard split was in the 99th percentile and matched the kind of quickness he consistently showed on tape.

The NFL chases “special” wide receiver prospects, but some of the best receivers in the game don't have cheat-code type size, speed or explosiveness. Instead, they are simply peerless craftsmen at the position. That’s what Moore can bring to the table, but evaluators seem to be overlooking him so far because of that focus on measurables.

M
Legend
Legend
M
DE Dominique Robinson. Freak athlete. Just learning the position. Mid-round pick.

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story...i-ohio-redhawks-canton-draft/9324618002/

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cameron Thomas, DL, SDSU seems to kind of be the forgotten man in this edge class. He's stylistically similar to a JJ Watt-lite. Not quite the length and power, but not many do. Can push back OTs with one arm and gets the other in passing lanes. Has inside-outside versatility. There is a small level of competition concern in the MWC, but he faced frequent double teams and still produced. He was a 3 time 1st team all conference award winner. He hurt a hamstring early on at Senior Bowl practice and has subsequently missed most of the testing circuit. He did do some testing recently, but the hammy still isn't 100%. He had some 1st round hype at one point, but he's been kind of out of sight, out of mind.

With the fact that we added his DL coach to our coaching staff, he might be a name to keep in mind.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
2 members like this: AZBrown, oobernoober
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Interesting.

I have not seen a thing on him. I will watch for him.

Every year someone slips through the cracks. Last year I wanted JOK. As the draft unfolded. I was shocked that he was getting passed over.

I never thought in million years that we would get him where we did.

I bet this year there will be someone in the second round on down that later all will think. How did this guy get past everyone?

Last edited by bonefish; 04/05/22 10:40 AM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
With the fact that we added his DL coach to our coaching staff, he might be a name to keep in mind.

This is the kind of stuff that makes this site invaluable. Thanks for pointing that out.
I would imagine that if this guy starts to slip in the draft, that same Dline coach could give the proverbial 'thumbs up' and sway the draft room.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cameron Thomas, DL, SDSU seems to kind of be the forgotten man in this edge class. He's stylistically similar to a JJ Watt-lite. Not quite the length and power, but not many do. Can push back OTs with one arm and gets the other in passing lanes. Has inside-outside versatility. There is a small level of competition concern in the MWC, but he faced frequent double teams and still produced. He was a 3 time 1st team all conference award winner. He hurt a hamstring early on at Senior Bowl practice and has subsequently missed most of the testing circuit. He did do some testing recently, but the hammy still isn't 100%. He had some 1st round hype at one point, but he's been kind of out of sight, out of mind.

Thomas was in the conversation for being a top 50 selection in January, but as you already pointed out missing out on the testing circuit has seemingly dropped his stock at least in the eyes of the media.

imo he has a high floor as a starting DE.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c,

DT Eyioma Uwazurike is another under the radar prospect.

--6' 6" 316 lb w/ 35" arms.

He played DE and NT in Iowa St. 3-4 defense.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
His tape did nothing for me. Those measurables sounded nice. Play on the field was a quick no. Possibly could be depth we add late in the draft. If he's playing major snaps, though, we'll be in trouble I think

Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I know this is a highlight reel, but watch how quick Devonte Wyatt is off the ball, his power, and hustle.

[video:youtube]www.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeQPsOJ3N4/video][/quote]

Not sure how I screwed that up. I'm not used to the new reply format.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 04/05/22 01:27 PM.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Very good player.

First rounder all day long.

I saw quite a bit of him. Probably the second DT off the Board.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Oh, I see.

I mistakenly thought he might be available in the second round or maybe late first. I like him better than Davis because I think he is more complete, but he probably won't be available for us.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's at the end of your link. You ended it with [/quote]. After the 4 it should have been [/video]

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
His tape did nothing for me. Those measurables sounded nice. Play on the field was a quick no. Possibly could be depth we add late in the draft. If he's playing major snaps, though, we'll be in trouble I think

He is a day 3 prospect with upside imo.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg

He is a day 3 prospect with upside imo.

I wish his teammate Will McDonald IV hadn't gone back to the Cyclones for his senior season. He's the one that popped for me while watching Uwazurike's highlights.

Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Milk Man
DE Dominique Robinson. Freak athlete. Just learning the position. Mid-round pick.

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story...i-ohio-redhawks-canton-draft/9324618002/

Could be a poor man's Garret. More likely, another raw freak athlete that never reaches his potential. Cleveland is a horrible place for developmental players. But he does look like a decent pick in mid-rounds.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/05/22 05:40 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wonder if we can bring him in as a local prospect and not have him count against the top 30 visits? Also curious what his RAS would be at TE since he's a converted wide receiver (and Stefanski's fascination with TEs.) I know a guy that used to coach at Canton McKinley, might have to try to get the scoop on Robinson.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A guy I like is Safety Bryan Cook out of Cincinnati. Gardner and Bryant get all the publicity but this guy can play.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
O
Legend
Legend
O
Probably just the nature of being a highlight video, but I thought I saw quite a bit of questionable tackling technique.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
E
Legend
Legend
E
That Georgia defense is amazing...guy not getting much attention is Dean I thought he was so key to that defense who gets him gets a value.

But the guy for me that is being underestimated is Sam Williams of Ole Miss he is going to have a great NFL career.
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Too light with average strength. He needs to add at LEAST 15 lbs without losing any speed or explosiveness and get a lot stronger.

Developmental for sure.

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 04/06/22 11:34 AM.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Why is Cleveland a horrible place for developmental players?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by cfrs15

In the past his statement is accurate imo. We have had such a high turnover in the coaching staffs and front office personnel that it was hard for players to stick, let alone develop here. I think that has changed with the stability we are starting to see.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Pdawg

In the past his statement is accurate imo. We have had such a high turnover in the coaching staffs and front office personnel that it was hard for players to stick, let alone develop here. I think that has changed with the stability we are starting to see.

It's kind of sad that an FO and coach going into year 3 together is thought of as stability. I get where you're coming from, but still can't help but shake my head a bit.

Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
C
Legend
Legend
C
Malik Willis the most underestimated player in the draft.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Matt "Punt God" Araiza is the most underestimated player in the draft.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Hammer

This is the correct answer.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Underestimated?

He played for Liberty and will probably be the first quarterback taken.

It seems many like him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

For some reason a guy playing a position that you hope sees the field as rarely as possible being projected in the 3rd round potentially seems unlikely to have been underestimated.

Fiercely Independent.
C
Legend
Legend
C

For some reason a guy playing a position that you hope sees the field as rarely as possible being projected in the 3rd round potentially seems unlikely to have been underestimated.

When he should go in the first?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by bonefish
Underestimated?

He played for Liberty and will probably be the first quarterback taken.

It seems many like him.

I think he should be slam dunk first overall so to me he is underestimated.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
OK.

You maybe right. I love his potential but IMO he will need to go to the right team and sit at least a year.

But there is no doubt about his potential. Great kid with all the physical tools

The offense he came from though was for the most part a single read with RPO. He needs some good coaching and year to watch and learn.

Like Allen in a few years he could be something.

I was just watching NFL Live and Matt Miller said Desmond Ridder has caught the attention of many recently. I brought him in this thread but about a month or so ago. I was thinking the Browns should take a shot at him in the second round. Now the thinking is he may go top 20.

I do think he is underestimated. I am not saying he will be great. But I do believe he is closer to starting in the NFL than the others.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Cade York should be our 3rd round comp pick.

If the Browns are punting, they're losing. willynilly tongue

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I first had to diagram this sentence .... but this is a good point.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

Stability or I should say instability with the organization.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Legend
Legend
O
I dunno... we seem to be pretty decent at developing oline talent. D'Earnest Johnson has developed well. Delpit, despite injuries and some initial tough-sledding seems to be making the jump. Greedy doesn't seem to be, but still has some time.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg

I first had to diagram this sentence .... but this is a good point.

It was rather a monstrosity of a sentence.

Speaking of monstrosities, Micheal Clemons has some pretty monstrous reps. He can bully tackles. Unfortunately, the Texas A&M DE isn't particularly consistent. Some draftniks give him a 3rd round grade, but I hadn't really heard anything about him. He is older, has been injured earlier in his career, and has some off the field concerns. However, the tools are there to develop into a quality starter as a power rushing DE. Video of his pregame speeches make him look like a guy that his teammates rally around.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I found this article very interesting:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...dium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

In early March Ridder was the quarterback that I wanted to take in the second round. At that time we had pick 13. Ridder was considered the fifth quarterback. The more I watched his tape the better I felt about him.

It is interesting to see him rise up the draft Boards.

I hope he does not end up with the Steelers. Quarterbacks are really hard to forecast into the NFL. Obviously the NFL has a hard time picking qb's.

Ridder is one of those guys that at first does not jump off the screen. Then you keep looking and he does everything well.

Interesting guy to me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just discovered this guy. Didn't even hear about him during the season

KEVIN AUSTIN JR. WR NOTRE DAME | NFL DRAFT PROFILE & SCOUTING REPORT
40 TIME: 4.43 SECONDS
HEIGHT: 6-2 WEIGHT: 209
HANDS: 9 2/8 ARMS: 33 1/8 SPAN: 79 6/8

DATE OF BIRTH: 03/30/2000 AGE: 22.0

NFL COMBINE & PRO-DAY RESULTS VIEW >>
OVERALL RATING: 82.8 / 100
GAME PERFORMANCE WEIGHTED RATING
HANDS:
57%
SHORT RECEIVING:
68%
INTERMEDIATE ROUTES:
71%
DEEP THREAT:
73%
BLOCKING:
54%
DRAFT GRADE: 3RD POSITION RANK: #17
COLLEGE GAMES: 26 COLLEGE SNAPS: 812

DRAFT PROFILE: BIO
Kevin Austin Jr. was outstanding at North Broward Prep in Florida where pulled in 76 receptions for 1,782 yards and 23 touchdowns in his junior and senior years. After being graded a four-star recruit he received a number of offers from big schools but after a long decision process opted to join Notre Dame.

Austin's college career was a disappointment until 2021. He only made 5 receptions as a freshman in 2018 and then in 2019 was suspended for the entire season. 2020 wasn't much better as he battled through injuries and finished the year making just one catch.

2021 was a major improvement where Austin finally had a chance to showcase his talents. He made 48 receptions, 888 yds with 7 TDs, and had a very good 104.1 QB rating when targetted on the season. As a result, he received a Phil Steele All-Independent First Team spot and a combine invite.

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
Outstanding athletic talent with an ideal frame for an outside receiver at 6-2 and 200lbs
Put on a show at the combine where demonstrated his explosiveness as he ran a 4.43 40 and made a 39-yard vertical leap
Explosive quick-twitch player who accelerates quickly, eats up a corners cushion, and has a top gear to beat DBs deep
Has a long frame and supreme vertical ability to be an outstanding red zone threat and make circus catches
Has the size, length, and strength to defeat press jams. Can make the spectacular catch. A decent open-field runner with some agility and the ability to break tackles.
Has top focus and does a nice job catching the ball in stride. A decisive runner who doesn't go down easily
Further on in his ability than you would expect considering his limited experience - excellent using head fakes and has a nice stutter step
Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes
A versatile weapon, proving to be effective inside in the slot and outside on the perimeter. Makes plays at all levels of the field.
Generally reliable receiver capable of making difficult catches in traffic over the middle or one on one down the sideline
A long-striding athlete with good playing speed. Usually sure-handed with the concentration to snatch the ball out of the air
Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
Comes off the snap high and upright which can result in him being easy to jam at the line of scrimmage
Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
Has only a single year of college production (in 2021) and so must be viewed as a developmental prospect and far from the finished article
Has had a history of injuries - two surgeries on left foot, which led to him missing 2020
While he has had run a decent route tree at Notre Dame - he tends to round them off and they will need to become sharper at the next level
Needs to work on fighting for the ball better and can be outmuscled at the catch point

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY
Kevin Austin Jr. is an interesting prospect who has moved up draft boards following his impressive combine performance. He possesses outstanding athletic traits, most notably deep speed, leaping ability, and overall explosiveness, and during the only year where he had a chance to showcase his talents, he looked outstanding in 2021. However, the fact that he has very limited experience mainly due to injury issues can not be overlooked and as a result, will be looked at as a risky prospect to take early in the draft.

Austin has the potential - assuming he can stay healthy - to become a pro-bowl level impact player at the next level and therefore expect him to hear his name called in the third or fourth round of the 2022 NFL Draft.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season 2022 NFL Draft Most underestimated draft prospect?

Link Copied to Clipboard