Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I'm okay w/that and you were able to disagree w/me w/out all the childish character attacks that others have to resort to.

You mean like that?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ha, you’re smarter than I am for keeping it over here vs PP. I had kind of gone dark in this forum for a little bit because I was trying to process the Watson signing, but I’ll try to come around here more.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Baker lost me as a supporter when he came out and said he was going to kneel during the NA for the entire season (maybe longer), then turned around later that summer and changed his position on it. Methinks that Progressive Insurance threatened him with dropping him and his endorsements, so he did a 180. At least stick to your guns when you make a bold statement like kneeling, even if I don't agree

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by boofers20
Baker lost me as a supporter when he came out and said he was going to kneel during the NA for the entire season (maybe longer), then turned around later that summer and changed his position on it. Methinks that Progressive Insurance threatened him with dropping him and his endorsements, so he did a 180. At least stick to your guns when you make a bold statement like kneeling, even if I don't agree

If a guy flip flopping on whether to take a knee lost you - which I can understand, but it seems a little harsh - but if that makes you 'switch off' ... what is your feeling with our new QB? 40-50 different massage therapists in a short time frame, having sex with many or most of them, 22 civil cases hanging over him? Does he get a clean slate because he didn't do those things as a Brown? Is changing your mind over kneeling worse than the situation with Watson because the situation with Watson so unclear and not 100% transparent? Just curious - and to repeat earlier statements - whatever someone's feelings about Watson are, I'm not criticizing, but I am interested in clarity of people's thought process.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
Legend
Legend
B
At this point it looks like Kapernick is drawing more interest with teams needing a QB..

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1937939 04/08/22 11:03 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, that's it. That's why Kap has been out of the league for years now. Because he's drawn so much interest.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1937957 04/08/22 12:34 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Yeah, that's it. That's why Kap has been out of the league for years now. Because he's drawn so much interest.

You are here for the fight again.

More: a greater or additional amount or degree of.

While someone speculative it does appear there is MORE interest in Colin than in Baker currently. That is not to say there is a lot of interest in Colin, just that there appears to be more interest in Colin than Baker. Which is actually kinda sad for Baker.

FrankZ #1937960 04/08/22 12:46 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Based on what? If you would like to address the issue feel free to. Kap has had these same type of workout shows in the past since being cut and no team has made him any type of legitimate offer. That speaks for itself. So if you have a basis for your claim feel free to show it. Otherwise it seems it's you who came here to start a fight.

I have no problem people bringing legitimate debate to the table. But the facts are Kap has done this kind of thing before and still isn't on an NFL roster.

#gmstrong
FrankZ #1937961 04/08/22 01:04 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I've also seen the little snippets about how teams are supposedly inquiring about Kap, but I take that with a high degree of skepticism/suspicion. There are clearly people who stand to benefit from manufacturing interest around Kap, and those are usually the sources behind those articles.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
PitDAWG #1937969 04/08/22 01:46 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Based on what? If you would like to address the issue feel free to. Kap has had these same type of workout shows in the past since being cut and no team has made him any type of legitimate offer. That speaks for itself. So if you have a basis for your claim feel free to show it. Otherwise it seems it's you who came here to start a fight.

I have no problem people bringing legitimate debate to the table. But the facts are Kap has done this kind of thing before and still isn't on an NFL roster.

I did use the word "speculative" because at this point it is.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...t-colin-kaepernick-according-to-trainer/

While speculative 5 teams maybe having an interest seems to be MORE than interested in Baker. You skipped the word MORE in your original reply as it would not let you have your agenda and argument.

MORE is comparative, if 5 teams have an interest in Colin and 4 in Baker that fits the definition of more. You used the word MUCH which quantitative. No one said here was MUCH interest, just MORE. As you are so fond of saying "reading comprehension is important."

The bottom line is someone said something about Baker and it doesn't fit your agenda so you get snarky and fight about it. Baker is likely not to ever play another down for this team, he isn't our QB anymore.

1 member likes this: jfanent
FrankZ #1937970 04/08/22 01:59 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Here is the actual quote from the Kap's personal trainer that the comment was based on.....
"A few teams have reached out to me and asked how his arm looked," Robinson said. "They have reached out and asked about him."

Unfortunately, Robinson didn't name the teams that have reached out.

So the actual man who is promoting Kap didn't even claim it was five teams but a few teams and only stated that they asked how his arm looked. Even Kap himself didn't claim it was five teams.

But see, you are the person who hasn't been paying attention. I've openly stated that Watson is a better QB than Baker. That he is most certainly the better QB between the two. And of course he isn't the Browns QB anymore. Like I said, stating things that are based in fact I have no problem with. Just throwing out unsubstantiated rumors and things not based in fact is what I have an issue with.

But thanks for playing.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1937973 04/08/22 02:33 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Here is the actual quote from the Kap's personal trainer that the comment was based on.....
"A few teams have reached out to me and asked how his arm looked," Robinson said. "They have reached out and asked about him."

Unfortunately, Robinson didn't name the teams that have reached out.

So the actual man who is promoting Kap didn't even claim it was five teams but a few teams and only stated that they asked how his arm looked. Even Kap himself didn't claim it was five teams.

But see, you are the person who hasn't been paying attention. I've openly stated that Watson is a better QB than Baker. That he is most certainly the better QB between the two. And of course he isn't the Browns QB anymore. Like I said, stating things that are based in fact I have no problem with. Just throwing out unsubstantiated rumors and things not based in fact is what I have an issue with.

But thanks for playing.

So teams have reached out to se if Colin is available, it doesn't appear anyone has any interest in Baker. Some is MORE than none.

Also I did say it was speculative. Speculative = Unsubstituted rumors. Do you have any concrete evidence that teams are inquiring about Baker at this juncture? Yeah, no didn't think so. You are trying to argue I am not paying attention yet part of your argument is what I already said.

I know for you it is all about the fight. Win = last word for you. I will let you win this one. Get your last word. See if you can do it without being snarky though, but you won't. And you will, yet again, self-aggrandize.

FrankZ #1937976 04/08/22 02:46 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
What team didn't know Kap was available? I think every team in the NFL knew he was "available" and that's not even what was said. I'll repeat what the article said once again since it seems it hasn't sunk in yet. ""A few teams have reached out to me and asked how his arm looked," Robinson said. "They have reached out and asked about him."

That really isn't speculative. The fact that no one associated with Kap including his trainer said that five teams inquired about him isn't speculative. Unless of course that's what you call a totally unsubstantiated rumor at best.

I don't have to win something when you've defeated yourself. You see Kap is a FA that can be signed for free. The NFL is waiting ion Baker to be cut so they don't have to pay 19 million for his services. He'll either be on the coach getting paid or he'll be cut. But let's not discuss facts when twisting what was said to begin with.

“So much so that interested teams seem certain that given a long enough timeline this offseason, the Browns are going to end up approaching Mayfield about an outright release in exchange for a restructured salary in 2022, similar to a deal that was worked out with Odell Beckham Jr. last season.” https://sportsnaut.com/baker-mayfield-released-nfl-teams/

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm not sure how I never saw this 2016 story before now, but it's kind of interesting to go back and read in light of all that has transpired with Mayfield:

ABC/ESPN Baker Piece: "All He Needs Is Hate"

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I do recall Baker still not being tall enough to get on the rides
At Cedar Point. Maybe he should give up.on being.a NFL.QB
And.try his hand at MLB. He is.still.enough young enough
To get a tryout from the Pirates. Baker.could be.in Triple A
By next year and be their starting SS in 2 yrs.
Its a win win. Mayfield can make under 2 million a year for a cheap owner and the Pirates
Beat writers can continue to keep his chip on.shoulder
Narrative alive and well.

Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from hobokengirl.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was more looking at his departure from Texas Tech. He had injury issues during his record setting true freshman season and only played eight games. Davis Webb started the other 5 games and put up similar numbers. Kingsbury decided to hold a competition going into the next season instead of just giving Baker back his job, which ultimately led to Baker transferring.

I wonder if that experience led to him playing through his injuries last year.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
E
Legend
Legend
E
As a QB I love Watson, I have no problems with his play on the field. Its off the field that scares me and the investment we made doesn't go sour for us.

I remember when he came out for the draft and I wanted him - he won the national championship so he knew how to win! Many didn't like him I don't know why...anyways QBs change from college to NFL. I liked Baker but that doesn't mean I hate Watson.
Again its the off the field stuff that scares me.

It will be nice to be on the same page with our QB. Can't wait for the negative stuff to clear. But Watson is football intelligent has excellent vision and is very accurate - if forced to he can hurt teams by running/scrambling. Our running attack, no need to add the QB in a run scheme. Maybe playoffs. Landry would be good for Watson. Cooper is a stud from that Alabama tree.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1938525 04/12/22 05:22 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Durning the 2017 draft Hue Jackson called DW and told him we were drafting him at #12 if I remember correctly. Then I don't know what happened but obviously we didn't. He should have been a Brown from the get go.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Public service announcement for all the Baker fans. They are replaying the Steelers game
Week 17. Big Bens last home game. My god Schwartz is worse than I thought.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
[/color]
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Public service announcement for all the Baker fans. They are replaying the Steelers game
Week 17. Big Bens last home game. My god Schwartz is worse than I thought.

[color:#FFFFCC]Iluv...blame it on the analytics that clearly showed Schwartz was superior when you add up his sparq score...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #1938590 04/13/22 09:21 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
He was a 3rd rounder. Blame Stefanski for playing him.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Podcast is out.

Milk Man #1938629 04/13/22 01:39 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
I can understand why Baker feels disrespected. He also is going the Hue Jackson route of not taking responsibility for anything. If Baker is looking to start somewhere I’m not sure how this helps.

cfrs15 #1938630 04/13/22 01:41 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
My thoughts exactly.

How can someone of reasonable intelligence be so clueless.

Last edited by Rishuz; 04/13/22 01:42 PM.
cfrs15 #1938631 04/13/22 01:46 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Agreed. There is nothing wrong with being upset they way things unraveled in 2021 and being salty someone took your job. That's natural as far as I am concerned. However, the "I'd like to boo the $#!+ out of someone in a cubicle" is a rather stupid thing to say and probably doesn't get teams chomping at the bit to come get you.

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Apparently Baker said he'd love to come to someone's cubicle and boo them.

How can anyone continue to defend this immaturity?

Rishuz #1938638 04/13/22 02:50 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I get the point he's trying to make there but... why?

-PrplPplEater
R
Legend
Legend
R
Because he's immature and because he's exactly like the guy he hated, Hue Jackson.

Nothing is ever Baker's fault.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Oh my gosh how could the Browns move on.from.this QB
I mean all he did was lead the league in completion % before
He made that stupid attempted tackle vs the Texans
The Browns will be sorry they let him go.
Baker outplayed all AFC North QBs last year. !!!

Rishuz #1938641 04/13/22 02:55 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Apparently Baker said he'd love to come to someone's cubicle and boo them.

How can anyone continue to defend this immaturity?

We do this at work all the time... keeps people on their toes. rofl

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Oh my gosh how could the Browns move on.from.this QB
I mean all he did was lead the league in completion % before
He made that stupid attempted tackle vs the Texans
The Browns will be sorry they let him go.
Baker outplayed all AFC North QBs last year. !!!

What.

Rishuz #1938644 04/13/22 03:45 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Because he's immature and because he's exactly like the guy he hated, Hue Jackson.

Nothing is ever Baker's fault.
So as yet I have not listened to the podcast .... but to date, I'm not sure I have ever heard Baker point blame elsewhere throughout his career with the Browns. You could say that he said some salty things at the end of last year after playing hurt for 16 weeks and being pissed off with KS .... other than that I don't recall him pointing fingers. He most certainly could have jumped on the narrative many were pushing when OBJ engineered his way out of town and Baker could have said OBJ was running the wrong routes, not in the right place at the right time and was dropping catchable balls ... but he didn't.

And - I don't think talking about booing people at their cubicles has anything to do with blaming someone else for something either.

So unless their is something else in the Podcast where Bake is throwing folks under the bus, I'll be left to assume this is another Vers like piece of revisionist history and simply making stuff up.

mgh888 #1938645 04/13/22 03:55 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm debating whether or not to actually listen to the podcast. I probably should now that I've failed to stay out of this conversation.

It's 'whatever' to me since nothing good was going to come of this podcast anyway, so my expectations are low.

Last edited by oobernoober; 04/13/22 03:56 PM.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
I am that same place you are. If someone on here that has a balanced perspective on Baker says there is something worth listening to - good or bad - I'll listen. I'd be shocked if there is anything of substance in there - I think Baker has shown the world his ass with the handling of this situation. I don't care about Baker's feelings. I don't care about what the team did or didn't say to him. Just get on with sorting out where your next team/home will be and move on. Throwing toys out of prams - no matter how seemingly justified in your head - is just not a good look.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
A part of me wouldn't doubt that Baker is doing this to lower his trade value, forcing the Browns into a bad deal just to screw them over for how he was treated

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

I am going to have to resort to reading excerpts of the podcast because those were four unlikable dudes and I couldn't get past 3 minutes.

I did listen to NFL Live today and they were talking about how Baker felt disrespected. Seriously? Did Jarvis cry when he was cut? Did Hooper whine when he was traded? Did Mack Wilson? How about the thousands of other guys who have been moved on from? But no, sinister folks like WSU, 888, Pit, etc talk about how the Browns did Baker wrong. How do you spell hypocrite?

Hey Baker............remember when you trashed Duke Johnson and used the words "self-inflicted?" Another glaring example of hypocrisy.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
A part of me wouldn't doubt that Baker is doing this to lower his trade value, forcing the Browns into a bad deal just to screw them over for how he was treated

How was he treated? And I pray to God for his sake that he isn't that ignorant. I actually don't think he is ignorant. I think he is an emotional midget, but not a mental midget even though 888 once again purposely misquoted me. I wonder if guys like him will follow Baker out of town? Calgary anyone?

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

How was he treated? And I pray to God for his sake that he isn't that ignorant. I actually don't think he is ignorant. I think he is an emotional midget, but not a mental midget even though 888 once again purposely misquoted me. I wonder if guys like him will follow Baker out of town? Calgary anyone?

I should've said how he thinks he was treated.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Bake Show

Link Copied to Clipboard