Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
https://www.yahoo.com/news/hes-b-whitmer-kidnap-plot-163628350.html

The defense in the Gov. Gretchen Whitmer kidnap trial rested its case following the explosive testimony of a defendant who came off as a defiant hothead, if his comment about an undercover informant is any indication.

"He's a b-----," said 24-year-old Daniel Harris, referring to Big Dan, the undercover informant he grew to admire and trust.

Harris, who was mocking a former Wolverine Watchmen who quit the group and became an informant, would become the only defendant to testify in the historic domestic terrorism case that now goes to the jury.

There was talk this week of the other defendants possibly testifying, though for reasons unknown, they opted not to after Harris took the stand, and caught the prosecutor off guard with his slur about the informant.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Jonathan Roth paused momentarily when he heard the b-word, and asked Harris to elaborate.

"Nope," Harris responded.

Roth persisted, asking Harris to explain why he called the man a "b----."

"He got scared by memes," Harris explained.

Big Dan is a former Army sergeant who joined the Wolverine Watchmen in the spring of 2020, but quit after hearing members talk about killing police according to his testimony. He told jurors that he expressed his concerns to a friend who was a cop, and then FBI called him within a week and asked him to become an informant. He agreed.

the article is pretty long so i only posted some of it.

anyways, has anybody been following this? we really have crazies like this living in our country. its freaking insane.

'Double agent' warns Whitmer kidnap suspects: I could hurt you if I testify

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...arns-whitmer-kidnap-suspects/7195711001/

i mean really, kidnap the governor? over what? from this to storming the capitol building, why is it about these guys that result in incidents that are close to - if not - domestic terrorism?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Is it really a surprise though? I mean just look at this very board. They think Democrats are communists. They think their country is being destroyed if they are not in power. The very rhetoric Trump and some of his cronies push stokes the fires that cause this.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I have never been shy about admitting that I'm not a big fan of the political left, but those are largely policy-based disagreements. The right, on the other hand, has come completely unhinged. They have created this path to political success that rewards those who are the most outrageous, the most bold and abrasive, the most willing to say hateful accusations, the most willing to just make up lies, the most willing to ignore facts. The Madison Cawthorns and Marjorie Taylor Greenes of the world. They have no plan, no platform, no positive direction they wish to take this country, they live in this delusion that the Trump years were this utopia unlike any other and, by any and all metrics, that is just wrong.... they are just singularly focused on hating anybody left of themselves.

As I've said before, when a party is more focused and more openly hostile to get a decent guy like Mitt Romney out of their party on one end, than they are to get avowed white supremacist's out of their party on the other end.... that's a pretty big problem.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: dawglover05
Legend
Legend
Oh, and sorry Swish, I have not been following this story or this trial very closely but, as Pit said, nothing that happens will surprise me. I hope they all go to jail.

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think you just summed up in one post what I’ve been trying to convey for years now. Well done.

Edit - I think I would just expound upon your post and say that I think it’s a product of years in the making. I think that the right had continually done things that were in contravention of what their platforms actually were, and actually worked against the best interests of their constituents. They maintained the constituency through a fear and hate-based campaign rhetoric, which worked in the short-term, but it caused the train to come off the rails for the long term to where the traditional career elites lost control around 2016, and the party officially took on a whole new reactionary dynamic vs a constructively proactive one.

Last edited by dawglover05; 04/07/22 10:54 AM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The Fringe of both parties should be locked up.

Today we focus on the Right Fringe, tomorrow the Left Fringe.

Neither represents America as a whole.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I would venture to say that the vast majority of both parties don’t represent the nation as a whole. I think that most of us are some sliding scale of square pegs and round pegs trying to frequently choose between triangle and star shaped holes.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
I would say the Fringe represents the squeaky wheel, they get the attention and the grease.

All in all, they are just squeaky wheels and cannon fodder for the other side.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 04/07/22 11:18 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING

Yet you openly support the leader of the right fringe.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Only you would suggest that his 75 million voters are fringe. rolleyes

P
Legend
Legend
P
They don't post their open support and uphold the man no matter what he does. You do.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I will admit I have never failed to defend him from what later turned out to be your lies.

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl You've defended him against things that were the truth. You gave him your unbridled support in hundreds of posts. You still do on a daily basis. Some people held their nose and voted for him anyway. Then people like you blindly latch onto every vagabond they endorse and claim how proud you were and are to support them.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

The fringe on the right is far larger and far more dangerous than you imagine and it actually has control of the "Republican brand"... What is it that the "radical left" wants that the right is so adamantly opposed to? Healthcare for everybody? Less fossil fuel? Affordable education? Equal rights for LGBTQ folks? OOOOOOOHHHHHHH, Scary. But the right has sold this narrative to its followers that those things will "destroy America"... they have just never come up with a plausible reason as to WHY that is going to happen.

Joe Biden, for all of the hateful, nonsensical rhetoric from the right, is actually fairly moderate, as was Barak Obama, as was Bill Clinton, as was George Bush (I and II)... And God forbid somebody declare themselves a moderate, as I have, which you seem to be advocating is better than being a fringe party member... must be a Rino or a Neocon that needs to "get off the fence" and "choose a side"... so, NO, I'm not going to choose a side just so I can claim to be part of the tribe.... I kind of like actually thinking.

yebat' Putin
2 members like this: dawglover05, mgh888
Legend
Legend
rofl

Good one!

Uh, you are joking, right?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Joking is what common sense sounds like to you.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
rofl

Another good one! Imagine, you, speaking of Common Sense.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I have enough common sense to know that the Republican party has transformed itself into something Reagan would no longer recognize. That it has warmed up to and sold its own soul to follow the example of a man who uses fear, hate and division as its main talking point. Most common sense Republicans see the same thing. Then there's people like you.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Allow me to show you what Common Sense really looks like.

You say the Rep Party has transformed itself into something Ronald Reagan would not recognize.

The Republican Party is the same as it has been for years and years and the only difference now? They are angry!

Don't be confused by the wishy washy, fence sitting RINO's who are not moved by injustice.

They are angry at being censored by the Leftist Media.
They are angry at being lied to for 5 years about all those false accusations the Dems made about us.
Collusion, Russian spy, Quid Pro Quo, The Hillary/DNC bought and paid for Steele Dossier...etc.

They are angry at the way this Country is being run into the ground.
Angry at losing their jobs because they were Conservative.
Angry at being referred to as White Nationalists and Racists when their only offense was being Conservative or Republican.
Angry about how the Left has attempted to kidnap their children, indoctrinate them, confuse them about sex and Race.
Angry about the Left treating concerned parents as if they are terrorists.

How dare you invoke the name of Ronald Reagan to promote your foolishness!
You apparently have never seen Mr. Reagan when he was angry.

You will get a taste of it come November.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Hateful is different than angry.

And no, Ronald Reagan would not recognize a Republican president getting up on stage and calling people names. A Republican president advocating an election being overthrown and a president promoting lies about an election. He would not recognize a Republican president publicly stating he took the word of a Russian ruler over our own intelligence agency.

You can sit there and rant like MTG all you want. He wouldn't recognize her or you as a Republican either. Neither of you are close to anything Reagan stood for. I didn't agree with him on some issues but he was at the very least a decent human being who I think felt he was doing what he thought was right. Not a "Kiss my ring no matter what I do" guy like Trump. You have fallen so low you can't see the lighht of day from the hole you have fell into.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Only you would suggest that his 75 million voters are fringe. rolleyes

Only you on the right fringe would call 75 million votes for trump a valid win while calling 100 million votes for Biden invalid. rofl

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 04/07/22 05:15 PM.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
DC

I will just say that all of this can be traced to Rush and Fox News.

People and News organizations shaped the politics of today, the politicians that we have are a reflection of the media.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

1 member likes this: mgh888
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
rofl

Good one!

Uh, you are joking, right?

No, he’s not. In parallel to the other thread we have going, you are talking to someone else who is conservative (small c) in his views similar to how I am.

You then imply in your next post that Republicans are now acting on anger. I agree. When you’re angry, you sacrifice rationality. So, would you agree that modern Republicans exude irrationality?

Also, Republicans are not the same as they have been years and years. Like I said before with the whole McCain/Romney example…how could they have moved so quickly from the “leaders“ to pariahs in the party if it had not changed substantially?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
I have never been shy about admitting that I'm not a big fan of the political left, but those are largely policy-based disagreements. The right, on the other hand, has come completely unhinged. They have created this path to political success that rewards those who are the most outrageous, the most bold and abrasive, the most willing to say hateful accusations, the most willing to just make up lies, the most willing to ignore facts. The Madison Cawthorns and Marjorie Taylor Greenes of the world. They have no plan, no platform, no positive direction they wish to take this country, they live in this delusion that the Trump years were this utopia unlike any other and, by any and all metrics, that is just wrong.... they are just singularly focused on hating anybody left of themselves.

As I've said before, when a party is more focused and more openly hostile to get a decent guy like Mitt Romney out of their party on one end, than they are to get avowed white supremacist's out of their party on the other end.... that's a pretty big problem.

Ok,, Now DC, Please don't faint... But I agree with you.... The likes of Boebert, Green and Cawthorn are prime examples of why I can't support any Republican candidate. Not until the more level headed GOPers get hold of things again.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
40, thats the biggest pile of rubbish I've ever read from you....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Damanshot
40, thats the biggest pile of rubbish I've ever read from you....

C'mon - quit with the hyperbole! You can't possibly say that, there has been such a vast volume of absolute tripe from him that is is literally impossible to classify.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
And yet people still read and respond to its inane tripe.

It’s a troll.
Let it play handball against the curtains folks. Stop responding and it’ll go away.

At least have the decency to not quote it so the rest of us don’t have to deal with its donny romance fantasies.

Last edited by PortlandDawg; 04/08/22 09:39 AM.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I actually feel like I’ve engaged him in constructive conversation lately.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
WOW!

Didn't see that one coming!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Nobody should have seen that one coming.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
3 acquitted in final trial of Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer kidnapping plot
https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/15/politics/gretchen-whitmer-michigan-kidnapping-plot/index.html

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Nine were convicted thus far and now three have been acquitted in the kidnapping plot.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Defense rests case in Whitmer kidnap plot after suspect's wild testimony

Link Copied to Clipboard