Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Gut wrenching. RIP.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Awful news

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been much news on teams trying to sign D' Ernst Johnson.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: AZBrown
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

Harrison- Didn't see him being retained, he regressed some last year...and seemed to be more erratic. Good news is, he knows our system/scheme...still rather young, and come draft time...we don't have to reach for a safety. Hoping we see more time for LeCounte (whom should be a lot healthier coming off that dirt bike injury)

Dobbs- I don't mind the signing one bit, I always thought he looked far better than Mason Rudolph...and seemed really strong in preseason action. Figure Watson will for sure miss some time, so Jacoby will be starting, with Dobbs as his backup in those games. Essentially with these signings we can focus more at other spots of need.

Dwayne Haskins- Just saddened by that news, way to young at only 24 years old...Prayers to him and his family.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Calais Campbell isn’t ready to retire just yet. Moments ago, ESPN’s Adam Schefter announced that Campbell is returning to the Baltimore Ravens on a two-year deal.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
2 years 12 million for Campbell? I forgot he was even an option

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C

Legend
Legend
Sad news about Haskins.. Just awful.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I expect us to sign some DL vets here before the draft .. Ingram, Richardson, Day, etc … Even if it’s not Clowney yet

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been much news on teams trying to sign D' Ernst Johnson.

Because they would be forfeiting a draft pick.

[Linked Image]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg
j/c:

Because they would be forfeiting a draft pick.

he was tendered with right of first refusal only, no draft pick compensation.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns Signed Jason Campbell the 31 year old quarterback... ?? Oh that was in 2013!!!
I think the Browns did not sign anyone named Campbell in the last couple of days.

( The Ravens re signed DE Calais Campbell, and the Browns were hoping, wishing to lure him? A not very likely scenario,
and not the first result searching 'browns nfl Campbell signing. )

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I think Dobbs is perfect for us. especially in the scenario of a suspension where he is the backup. If you look at how Berry builds his QB room...he seems to try to make sure we have similar QB's in terms of style. With Baker we had Keenum, Gilbert, Mullens,etc...While all different QB's the Gameplan doesn't change much if at all when one or the other goes in. Same thing happening here. Brisset and Dobbs are both mobile in the same mold of Watson and the gameplan will not have to change much in the case of injury. Obviously talent level and execution level is going to be different...but the style I think is what is important here. You don't usually hear of teams completely overhauling a QB room when they get new starters...Unless it is a new Coach... I find it interesting. Keenan certainly doesn't fit the style that Watson plays...add into that his salary and pretty easy to see why he was let go.

Glad to see Harrison back, he gets a chance to redeem the year he had. I think he has a lot more to offer than what we saw last year and can be more impactful as he was before.

I see the Browns moving up in the draft...who knows how far...They do seem to be wheeler and dealers on draft days...whether that is for DT or WR....who knows...heck maybe even for anther TE...wouldn't mind seeing Ruckert here in Brown and Orange. They do appear to go more for what is on the board rather than specific need....

Not sure why Landry hasn't signed anywhere yet. Perhaps he is looking for a longer term than teams are willing to give. But would love to see him back. I can see him flourish with Watson and Cooper. I think Clowney comes back...no real insight on why...more gut feeling than anything. At this stage of his career...yes he wants the money and stability...but chasing a ring becomes ever more important...I think we are one of his best shots at that.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
C
Legend
Legend
C
Brissett is not a mobile QB.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
He's a lot more mobile than Mayfield, Keenum, and Mullens.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Brissett ran 4.94 at the combine and his career best rushing rushing yard total is 260 yards (11th best in the league).

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
12th in QB rushing yards in both 2017 and 2019. Is he Lamar Jackson or Deshaun Watson, no. Is he Tom Brady, no.

More like your boy, Cam.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Hammer
12th in QB rushing yards in both 2017 and 2019. Is he Lamar Jackson or Deshaun Watson, no. Is he Tom Brady, no.

More like your boy, Cam.

What.

1. How is Cam my guy?

2. Cam Newton literally led the league in QB rushing in one of the years mentioned above and is probably the second or third best running QB ever.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Well I for one distinctly remember you advocating for acquiring him last year. Maybe that is what the reference is too? Cam hasn't been good in any capacity for at LEAST 3 years and that was before last year. I'd argue he was never a good throwing QB - at his peak he was a freak athlete who played the QB position.

1 member likes this: Hammer
C
Legend
Legend
C
If we are counting guys who I thought would be good backup QBs as my guys then also add Blake Bortles, Mitch Trubisky, and many others to that list.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Again, maybe it would have been intended as a jest, but are you certain Cam wasn't on your list of QBs you'd prefer over Baker at one point? Idk, but that's what I was thinking of earlier. No big deal one way or another. I like our Backups this year much better than last year.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by mgh888
Again, maybe it would have been intended as a jest, but are you certain Cam wasn't on your list of QBs you'd prefer over Baker at one point? Idk, but that's what I was thinking of earlier. No big deal one way or another. I like our Backups this year much better than last year.

Who knows. I didn’t know anybody even paid attention to those lists.

Brissett makes me much more comfortable than Keenum. He can at least physically play the position.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Uh-oh.... naughtydevil

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Duplicate post.

Last edited by Milk Man; 04/12/22 10:39 AM. Reason: Oops! Ddidn't see Memphis' post.
O
Legend
Legend
O
j/c:

Uh-oh.... naughtydevil

Supposedly Rosenhouse gets people paid.... while I usually have the same reaction when a Browns player goes to him, if anyone deserves the "hit the iron while it's hot" excuse, it's DJ.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: mgh888
C
Legend
Legend
C
It was always unlikely that we would pay a third string running back over $2 million. Someone will give Johnson a nice deal and we won’t match it.

1 member likes this: AZBrown
R
Legend
Legend
R
Good for Johnson. Love is story. Would love to have him but he deserves to get as much as he can.

I'll be pulling for him wherever he goes.

2 members like this: jfanent, Milk Man
O
Legend
Legend
O
Tough for a good back to be behind Chubb and Hunt. I hope we keep Hunt as long as we can. I like that kid.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Nail in the Dan Snyder coffin?

M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't know.....he's been ducking and weaving with the best of 'em.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: jfanent, FATE
Legend
Legend
This could be the end for Dan Snyder.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ney-visiting-teams-season-ticket-holders

If the evidence is clear; I don't see how he could keep the team.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't know.....he's been ducking and weaving with the best of 'em.

He got caught getting between the other owners and their money. I think it's a different game now.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
NFL Team owners will seemingly look the other way on a lot of things.. But if you don't report what they get a piece of correctly, I doubt they look the other way on this one.

So, if these accusations turn out to be true, I'd think he's gone.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by cfrs15
It was always unlikely that we would pay a third string running back over $2 million. Someone will give Johnson a nice deal and we won’t match it.

We already have 5.26% of our cap tied up in RBs' Chubb and Hunt.

[Linked Image]

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the discussion to extend Carr was taking place.

I watch him and have moments of "this guy is pretty good" to "he's inconsistent" to "they can't win with him".

He's been in the league for 8 or 9 years and has one playoff game, a loss, in which he played pretty badly on the 4 most crucial plays of the game. He's not athletic or mobile. He's one dimensional. And yet he has stuck with the same team for going on double digit years through multiple coaching staffs and now multiple contracts.

A QB with his credentials would never make it past year 4 in Cleveland. Actually, I find his survival unheard of on the same team in the modern day NFL.

I find this fascinating honestly.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Rishuz
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the discussion to extend Carr was taking place.

I watch him and have moments of "this guy is pretty good" to "he's inconsistent" to "they can't win with him".

He's been in the league for 8 or 9 years and has one playoff game, a loss, in which he played pretty badly on the 4 most crucial plays of the game. He's not athletic or mobile. He's one dimensional. And yet he has stuck with the same team for going on double digit years through multiple coaching staffs and now multiple contracts.

A QB with his credentials would never make it past year 4 in Cleveland. Actually, I find his survival unheard of on the same team in the modern day NFL.

I find this fascinating honestly.

I agree w/some of your takes. I think the playoff thing is a bit unfair because he was a MVP favorite and led the team to the playoffs and then got hurt at the very end of the year when they lost to the Texans, I believe.

I agree that he can cause polarizing evaluations. He can look very good and he is excellent at the end of many games. I do think he holds the ball way too long and that is a terrible trait for a guy who is not a good runner. I do commend him for being a wonderful leader for the team. The Raiders had to endure the Grudin debacle after the league office offered the latter up as sacrificial bait to draw attention away from the crap that was going on in Washington w/Snyder. Then, the Ruggs vehicular homicide tragedy was another devastating blow.

I don't think Carr is a guy who can carry a team and lead them to a championship, such as guys like Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Burrow, Herbert, Watson, etc.....but he is a better than average qb who is a solid guy. I do think he would have lasted four years in Cleveland. Hell, Baker lasted four years and he stinks and is an emotional midget. I remember reading this board one time while I was away and 888 huffed and puffed about how incredulous it was to compare Baker and Carr, as if Baker was soooooo much better. LMAO.....Well, Carr is getting paid big time and no one wants to pay Baker $18--19 million. Reality is far different than the biased opinions of those who don't have a clue about the game of football.

1 member likes this: Rishuz
Legend
Legend
I always liked Carr. I know he’s not a top tier guy, but he’s been a solid-to-good QB for a while now.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Seahawks didn't like the podcast.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Seahawks didn't like the podcast.

What?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2022 Browns/NFL Free Agency Signings/News

Link Copied to Clipboard