P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Just read he got hit by a car!
Tragic.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...psUPqYvkwZqtMw2rrUmzoej1JC4t_2L1r6PsFblI

Haskins was killed on Saturday morning when he was hit by a car in South Florida. Haskins, who was playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers, had reportedly been training with other Steelers players in South Florida.

Haskins, who played for Ohio State from 2016-18, was set to turn 25 on May 3.

At Ohio State, Haskins became one of the Buckeyes’ most prolific passers during his lone season as the starting quarterback in 2018, in which he completed 373 of 533 passing attempts for 4,831 yards and 50 touchdowns, breaking Ohio State’s single-season records for passing yards and passing touchdowns in the process. He finished third in the 2018 Heisman Trophy race and won the Chicago Tribune Silver Football, Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year and Big Ten Quarterback of the Year awards as he led Ohio State to a Big Ten championship.

Haskins went on to be selected by the Washington Commanders with the No. 15 overall pick in the 2019 NFL draft and was set to enter his fourth season in the NFL – his second with the Steelers – in 2022.

Last edited by PortlandDawg; 04/09/22 11:30 AM.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
You just never know when your time will come. God calls when He calls, in His time, for His purposes.

I pray for God's comfort upon his family, teammates, and friends. RIP Dwayne.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
3 members like this: Ballpeen, FATE, Southwestdawg
Legend
Legend
When death comes unexpectedly like this a JOK's brother. Young people taken in their prime that is hard to handle.

Sorry to hear about these types of things.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Prayers for his family ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Very sad news indeed. I don't think God "calls anyone" to run over a 24 year old man. Condolences to his family. I enjoyed watching him play for THE OSU. It's hard sometimes for it to sink in when something like this happens to someone so young.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Gil Brandt, what a schmuck.

E
Legend
Legend
E
RIP

Way too young to go.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Shefty was getting killed for the insensitivity in his tweet. Gil had to go and one up him. The young man is dead. Now is not the time to pick apart his life or career. Rip Dwayne. Prayers for his family.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Gil Brandt needs to stfu what a moron.

Joe Thomas #73
E
Legend
Legend
E
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/steelers-quarterback-dwayne-haskins-killed-struck-car

More info. He was trying to walk across an interstate. wtf.

No Craps Given
B
Legend
Legend
B
Seems to be almost the opposite of the Stallworth deal when some guy wanting to catch a bus ran across a highway.

Makes me wonder how that even happens and you don't see a dump truck? Accidents happen I guess. Just sad.

May he rest in peace and peace to his family.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Sad. Prayers for all. RIP

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
...I was simply stunned and shocked when I read this yesterday...I didn't want to believe it.

Thoughts and prayers for the Haskins family...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
O
Legend
Legend
O
Saw the news 3 minutes after it initially posted yesterday. Was floored. RIP.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Dwayne Haskins told wife he was walking to get gas prior to being struck and killed, 911 audio reveals

3:29 PM ET
Brooke Pryor
ESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH -- Dwayne Haskins' wife told a 911 dispatcher that the quarterback was walking to get gas on the morning he was struck and killed by a dump truck on a Florida highway, audio released by the Broward County Sheriff's office revealed Wednesday.

Kalabrya Haskins told the 911 dispatcher that her husband called her early April 9 and told her he was getting out of his vehicle to get gas and that he would call her back when he returned to the car. When she didn't hear back, she called 911 and requested that dispatch check on him.

Haskins, who was in Florida that weekend to train with Pittsburgh Steelers teammates, was struck and killed by a dump truck on Interstate 595 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, close to the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International airport.

In the 911 call, the dispatcher told Haskins' wife that there was a report of an accident near where she said her husband got out of his car, but she couldn't confirm if he was involved. The audio released Wednesday also included calls from witnesses who said they saw the dump truck hit a man.

A final crash report released by the Florida Highway Patrol said Haskins was walking on the westbound side of I-595 when he entered into the travel lanes and into the path of the dump truck, which was traveling in the center lane. The front left of the dump truck struck Haskins.

The report concluded that Haskins was improperly in the roadway, and the driver of the dump truck wasn't found to have taken any actions that contributed to the accident, based on the judgment of the investigation officer. Haskins was also struck by a second car traveling beside the dump truck that took evasive maneuvers to avoid him, but partially hit him on its right side undercarriage, according to the report.

A third vehicle may have also been involved, the report said, based on one witness' account. Haskins was pronounced dead at the scene by Captain Rod Watkins of the Fort Lauderdale Fire Department at 6:48 a.m. He was 24.

The accident remains under investigation.

The first of three memorial services for Haskins will take place in Pittsburgh on Friday at 11 a.m. at Allegheny Center Alliance Church. There will also be a service Saturday at noon at Christ Church in Rockaway Township, New Jersey, and at Bullis School in Potomac, Maryland, on Sunday.

"My husband was more than a great football player," Kalabrya Haskins said in a statement earlier this week. "He had the smile of a rainbow that touched the diversity of so many. He will forever rest and remain in our hearts til the end of time."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ruck-killed-dump-truck-911-audio-reveals

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
V
Legend
Legend
V
I hope we don't get too many more details. I don't want to read or hear about character assassinations of the hows and whys. His death is a tragedy no matter what the circumstances are and I hope the media will allow the man to rest in peace and for his family to grieve gracefully and not have to endure attacks on their loved-ones name.

Let's be humane and honorable.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Indeed. Getting hit by 2, maybe 3 vehicles is more detail than I need. It is simply a tragedy for Haskins, his family, and the driver(s) who hit the guy.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
https://www.yahoo.com/news/dwayne-haskins-drank-heavily-club-185708752.html

Headline: "Dwayne Haskins ‘drank heavily’ at club before he was killed by dump truck in South Florida"

I know some of you don't want to hear it, but the Medical Examiner has released this:

Dwayne Haskins, the NFL quarterback hit and killed while walking on a South Florida highway, had been out at a club drinking “heavily” and had a significant amount of alcohol in his blood, according to medical examiner reports released on Monday.

The 24-year-old quarterback who was in South Florida practicing with his new teammates during the off-season was killed early on the morning of April 9 when a dump truck struck him near a median in the center of the westbound lanes of Interstate 595, just west of Interstate 95 in Broward County.

Haskins died of blunt force trauma, and the death was ruled accidental, according to the autopsy report released by the Broward Medical Examiner’s Office. According to the toxicology report, Haskins’ two samples tested positive for alcohol, his blood at .20, another fluid level at .24. The legal limit in Florida is .08.

Mystery has surrounded the death of Haskins, who was in South Florida training with teammates. The Florida Highway Patrol, which is investigating the crash, has not said why Haskins was trying to cross the highway.

But in a frantic 911 call released in April, his wife, calling from Pittsburgh, told dispatchers that he had run out of fuel and he’d been searching for gas. A Medical Examiner’s report said Haskins was “reportedly witnessed waving cars down on the shoulder” of I-595 before he was struck.

According to an ME’s investigative report, investigators found his car on the side of I-595, a “female companion” inside the vehicle. The unnamed woman told FHP that he’d left looking for gas. The report noted that the Medical Examiner’s Office did not know the “nature” of Haskins’ relationship with the woman.

A Pittsburgh Steelers team official also told the Medical Examiner’s Office that Haskins had trained the preceding day, then gone to dinner with a friend or cousin named “Joey.” They later went to a “club, possibly in Miami,” the report said.

“They drank heavily and at some point, they got into a fight, separating,” the report said.

Haskins also tested positive for ketamine and norktamine, drugs that can be used as a medical anesthetic but can also be used a recreational drugs. The toxicology report does not give any indication of why the drugs would have been in his system.

No other drugs were found during his blood screening, according to the toxicology reports.

Haskins starred at Ohio State University. Drafted in the first round in 2019 by the Washington Commanders, he signed last year with the Steelers hoping to jump-start his career.

At the time of death, his BAC was either .20, or .24.

While married, he had a female companion with him in the car.

This does not in any way justify his death. Dead is dead, okay. I'm just adding info here.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Yeah....2 or 3X the limit is drunk. .08, maybe just buzzed....2-3X no doubt, plus whatever the other stuff was and whatever impact that may have added.

Sad ending to a sad story.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yeah, I always assumed there was something else to include in this tragedy and figured being under the influence of something would be revealed at some point.

Tackles are tackles.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Dwayne Haskins dead at 24!

Link Copied to Clipboard