Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
Originally Posted by dawglover05
So being Republican is pledging loyalty to one man. You really don’t see the danger in that?

Not loyalty to one man but yes, I am a loyal Republican because they represent my position on the issues best. Trump is the Party's leader until replaced.

Just like the Democrats represent you and the others who voted for the mess this Country is now in.

But you are loyal to one man. You JUST said that Trump is your leader, which by the way, is really effed up. WE THE PEOPLE are the leaders or at least should be. None of these people are kings. In fact, that’s exactly why our government was formed. If you had picked nearly any one of our founding fathers and told them what you just said, you would be heavily berated.

What you willfully fail to see from being so corrupted and brainwashed by all the grifting is that you don’t need to fall in line with a party, philosophy, group, whatever. Start thinking for yourself and not letting other people “lead you” or think for you.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Get an adult to read it to you. rolleyes

Trump is the leader of the Republican Party. I support the Republican Party and its leaders.

Once again you have fallen for all the disproven Democrat lies.

Collusion
Russian Traitor
Quid Pro Quo
The Hillary bought and paid for Steele Dossier.
The Biden Crime family.

We The People see through your lies and retribution is coming in November.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 04/06/22 04:14 PM.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Get an adult to read it to you. rolleyes

Trump is the leader of the Republican Party. I support the Republican Party and its leaders.

Once again you have fallen for all the disproven Democrat lies.

Collusion
Russian Traitor
Quid Pro Quo
The Hillary bought and paid for Steele Dossier.
The Biden Crime family.

We The People see through your lies and retribution is coming in November.

What a complete load of utter BS! LMAO. Talk about indoctrinated into alternative realities. smdh.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
Which reminds me, you best get ready to start part 4 of your "We Got Trump" thread cuz part 3 is at page 7.

and still..... Nada, Pfft!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
When did I fall for any of those?

You’re the one who said Trump was your leader my friend. Have your king.

Also, I bet you have it backwards. Does the Republican Party represent your interests the best, or do you represent their interests - or at least the Trumpian interests - the best?

That’s something that I hang my family up who remain indoctrinated Republicans, such as yourself.

“Who did you vote for in 2008 and 2012?”

“McCain and Romney”

“What do you think of them now (when McCain was alive)?”

“Horrible.”

“What about their policies or platforms changed?”

“They’re against Trump.”

You feed into that dynamic, my friend. And that’s scary.

Last edited by dawglover05; 04/06/22 05:38 PM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
If we all stopped responding to the troll it would go away. You can’t play handball against curtains. Stop giving it the feedback and it’ll disappear like it did after donny took his epic beatdown in November of 2020.

Put it on ignore. Then ignore it. Do not respond to it.
Do not feed it.
Let it respond to itself. It’ll get board. We’ll get our message board back.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: mgh888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Had him (and a couple others) on ignore for a while now. Makes coming here so much more pleasant., except when you guys respond to him -> especially annoying when you guys quote his posts.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That’s just not my style. Part of me finds some things scary, but part of me finds it fascinating, honestly. I had TL on ignore for a while, but curiosity brought me back.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Which reminds me, you best get ready to start part 4 of your "We Got Trump" thread cuz part 3 is at page 7.

and still..... Nada, Pfft!

So? Takes time to tally up all his freaking crimes. His day is coming, if you can't see that you are blind.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
When did I fall for any of those?

You’re the one who said Trump was your leader my friend. Have your king.

Also, I bet you have it backwards. Does the Republican Party represent your interests the best, or do you represent their interests - or at least the Trumpian interests - the best?

That’s something that I hang my family up who remain indoctrinated Republicans, such as yourself.

“Who did you vote for in 2008 and 2012?”

“McCain and Romney”

“What do you think of them now (when McCain was alive)?”

“Horrible.”

“What about their policies or platforms changed?”

“They’re against Trump.”

You feed into that dynamic, my friend. And that’s scary.

I voted for both McCain and Romney. I voted for Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Daddy and Baby Bush. I voted for Trump.
Why?
Because the Republicans best represent my view on most issues.

I have never, ever voted for a Democrat at any level.
Why?

Because Johnson got all my friends killed or messed up in Nam. That was scary.
Because Carter had the Country so down on itself due to his poor management. That was scary.
Because Clinton was a rapist. That was scary.
Because Obama felt it necessary to apologize to the world for America, the greatest Country to ever exist. That was scary.
Because Biden is all but brain dead. That is scary.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Pffft, the right is scared of its own shadow. You can't run a country if you fear the world.

We used to have a term for men like that, but we've evolved and kitties don't deserve the disrespect.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/06/22 11:36 PM.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
But that’s the anomaly, like I referred to. The Republicans views of McCain and Romney - let alone Nixon (who wouldn’t even recognize what the party has become) clash with the Republican views of Trump. So, either your views coincidentally changed to reflect the respective candidate, or you let the party determine your views.

You don’t think those very same or very similar criticisms you cited couldn’t be used against the candidates you just said you voted for?

Your views reflect an engrained core value that, when challenged - even rationally - triggers a fight or flight response. That’s not just to isolate you, either. It’s rampant in this forum, amongst everyone, myself included. To me, it’s about how conscious we are of when we get triggered and us enabling ourselves to think that maybe, just maybe things aren’t what we thought they were.

It’s awfully hard to escape that construct because you have various media outlets and political cartoons, like the ones you post, that reinforce the lowest common denominator of our fear and anger to reinforce our preconceived notions and therefore control us into thinking we must be loyal to one person or throw proverbial feces at another, as if we were our less evolved primate cousins.

No…what makes this country great is our ability to be disloyal to a person…disloyal to a party. It’s the ability to say “Yeah I voted for you originally, but I think you acted like a schmuck and did a poor job, so I’m voting you out, because I don’t have to be anybody’s cheerleader.”

Sadly that dynamic has become reversed and I think Swish was right in his assertion that some are just looking to be controlled.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Legend
Legend
Let me say I do appreciate your not running off to your safe space like Jester and Portland.

Allow me to clarify the fact that in the Primaries I vote for who I think is the best Republican candidate for America.
BUT... I will support the winner of said Primary. By the way, I never voted for Trump in a Primary.

Now let me ask you something...

Do you support Abortion as a means of birth control?

Do you support school teachers teaching gender and sexual identity to K thru 3rd graders?

Do you support teaching students it is the color of your skin and not the content of your character that matters most to who you are?

If you support these things then I can understand your support for those who push these agendas.
If you do not support these things it is hard for me to understand why you support those people who do.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I initially missed this post since I thought you were replying to OCD but now I assume you meant it for me.

I appreciate you letting me know about your choice in the primaries. That would imply that you had some reservations about Trump, at least compared to one or more other candidates. It seems now though, that you have fervently thrown your lot in with him. To that end, I would just ask why? When you really break him down and objectively look at him and his actions, you really think he deserves the type of support you throw behind him?

To respond to your questions, I might need to draft a novel, but I’ll keep it short, or at least try to.

I think phrasing of your questions are slanted and designed to paint one into a corner, but to your credit, they are based on very sensitive and legitimate issues.

When it comes to abortion - and I really don’t want this thread to devolve - I am generally against abortion, but I do not support the Republican approach for a myriad of reasons. 1) I do not think they are genuine for the most part. I think it’s a wedge issue and many R’s take up the standard because it’s simply against the democrats. Trump himself was also on the record as being “very pro choice” before he took up his campaign and pretty much did what I just said before. 2) There is a complete lack of empathy and a focus on punishment in the Republican stance. It’s reactionary and designed to invoke feelings of rage and hatred in the base. It’s not constructive. Portland in another thread issued a whole litany of cases where someone’s life would essentially be ruined due to pregnancy, and each one of them was valid. Republicans don’t focus on that or try to offer benefits or packages or help or anything else to actually address the problem. They just take the punitive approach because “handouts.” Basically, have your baby but we won’t help take care of it or you. That’s stupid. If it means that much, you have to have common sense about it. 3) I don’t think Republicans have a legitimate plan in place to actually achieve overturning it. It’s been around for 50 years set as stare decisis. Also, something that could be shocking to you - it was for me - is that 5/7 justices who voted in favor of Roe were Republican appointed. 1/2 justices who dissented was a democrat appointed Justice.

I’m not against the gender identity in schools along with the discussion on sexuality. I have a third grader and first grader. They’re going to my sister-in-law’s lesbian wedding in August. We explained to them how some families have that setup and had a good conversation about it. My son brought it up in school and other kids - already at that age - said hateful things about it. That ain’t right.

You’re touching on critical race theory with the last one and this is the most slanted phrasing of the questions you placed. To be honest with you, I’m not that well versed on CRT. I propose that the truth be taught about our history. That truth shows that it’s more advantageous to be a straight white male, some of whom did some horrific things throughout history, but I don’t feel anyone should be told that they’re bad for their race.

Those are several hot button issues but also just a small sector of many of the issues at play. If you look at things like defense spending, an area I know intimately, and watch things like the Congressional hearings on Transdigm, you would be nauseousky embarrassed by the statements Republican representatives said in that hearing. I was also sick to my stomach After hearing Pete Sessions talk.

I don’t view politics as two sided. I view it as multi spectral. I might vote for a democrat here, a libertarian there and a Republican over there depending on what office they’re in, what their platform is and how qualified they are. Given the current state of republicans, extremism and affiliation also come into play. I don’t understand how people can see obvious actions of people like Hawley, Greene, Cruz, Graham, Boebert, Gosar, Cawthorne, Trump, McCarthy, etc and not be concerned over the direction of the party.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Trump is fun to use against the haters whose heads he lives in. Those who grabbed at all the lies and misinformation put out by the Media and Dems over the years.
I will be looking for someone to replace him as leader of the Republican Party. I have one in mind, if he runs. But I will support the Republican nominee.

From what I have seen of your many posts, you knock Republicans and are wishy washy on the Dems. Your bias shows.

I think the teachers should be concentrating on teaching our students Math, Science, Reading and Writing. Our Nation falls farther behind each year.

I shudder to imagine the Math teacher, playing faux Psychologist, teaching our K thru 3 kids about gender/sexual identity.

Let the kids be kids.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 04/07/22 11:52 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I notice you didn't put history on your list of things that should be taught in schools.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think the math teacher example is a bit extreme. I also like the wholistic curriculum we keep because I think it expands creativity and innovation, one of our many international strengths, at least historically. Countries like China are great at math, but poor at innovating and inventing.

Hearing you call me biased you must admit is the pot calling the kettle black, but I also don’t think it’s true. Believe it or not, my favorite politician in all of politics right now is a Republican. Those who I slam are not republicans as a whole, but the new breed who has demonstrated a VERY concerning behavior, especially in an historical context. Like approaching Goebbels level crazy.

Admittedly, that has captured a lot of my focus. However, if you don’t think I’m hard on the Dems, perhaps you have not read a lot of my posts, especially what I believe to be my initial one in the What the Democrats Have Become thread. It was either that or a similar one. I think they, for the most part are inept, fractured and ineffective. I think a lot of the chief Dems lack the insight to see that their party is detached enough to approach the level of what happened to the Republicans in 2016.

Like DC mentioned in another thread, most of my differences with the majority of liberals come down to policy discussions whereas my differences with many of the Trumpian-associated faction comes down to irrational exuberance.

You may notice that I engage a lot of people on the conservative side in what I consider to be well-founded debate. Guys like FATE, Peen, arch, etc. I genuinely enjoy those discussions. Then when I see posts dripping with anger/ignorance/fear/inflammatory rhetoric, I can’t help but be patronizing in response at times. I think you’re perceiving that as my bias.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
My Kettle is black to yours being a rainbow color. brownie

Innovation fails if you lack the Math skills to make it work or the Language skills to communicate it.

Legend
Legend

Innovation fails if you lack the Math skills to make it work or the Language skills to communicate it.

Or they simply won’t follow the science. Which is exactly why the vast majority of your GOP leadership can’t innovate their way out of a brown paper bag.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I don’t know what the rainbow part means, but as to the innovation part, we still somehow find a way to be innovative, despite the concrete metrics.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Leading Proud Boys member pleads guilty to U.S. Capitol riot charges

oto
Register now for FREE unlimited access to Reuters.com

WASHINGTON, April 8 (Reuters) - A leader of the far-right Proud Boys pleaded guilty on Friday to charges related to the attack on the U.S. Capitol, a victory for prosecutors that could bolster their cases against members of the group.

Charles Donohoe, the leader of the group's North Carolina chapter at the time of the Capitol attack, entered the guilty plea during court hearing on Friday in the District of Columbia.

Donohoe admitted to conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, and assaulting and impeding police officers.

Under U.S. sentencing guidelines, Donohoe faces a likely sentence of around six years in prison, with credit for time already served. He will be sentenced at a later court hearing.

Donohoe agreed to cooperate with prosecutors as they prepare for trial against other Proud Boys defendants. Donohoe, 34, was arrested in March 2021. He has been in custody since last year.

Former President Donald Trump's supporters stormed the seat of Congress that day in a bid to overturn his 2020 election defeat.

Donohoe and other Proud Boys were videotaped leading a crowd toward the Capitol during the riot.

"Mr. Donohoe is charged with interfering in the nation's peaceful transfer of power," U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly said during a court hearing in June, adding that the charges are "gravely serious matters that favor detention."

An indictment unsealed last month alleged that Proud Boys chairman Enrique Tarrio was deeply involved in recruiting members of the group and directing their actions in the days prior to the Jan. 6 attack.

Tarrio's attorney entered a not guilty plea on his behalf during a hearing on Tuesday.

In a separate hearing on Friday, a different judge declined to postpone a trial scheduled for some members of the Oath Keepers militia group who joined in the Capitol breach. Those defendants are charged with seditious conspiracy, a rarely used law prohibiting attempts to overthrow the government.

Defense lawyers had requested the delay, saying they needed more time to review evidence. But U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta cited his own scheduling conflicts and the need to bring cases to trial.

Lawyers also suggested that all 11 Oath Keepers defendants go on trial at the same time. Mehta said that proposal was logistically impossible in the federal courthouse in the District of Columbia.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/pr...jwH9MAR9vWrfaYi5F-FwbDDX6ewQxa0NBfGZ0-go

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
These are texts that mark meadows turned into the 1/6 committee that he received from don junior...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/08/politics/donald-trump-jr-meadows-text/index.html

CNN Exclusive: ‘We control them all’: Donald Trump Jr. texted Meadows ideas for overturning 2020 election before it was called

By Ryan Nobles, Zachary Cohen and Annie Grayer, CNN
Updated 10:02 AM EDT, Sat April 9, 2022
Video Ad Feedback

Two days after the 2020 presidential election, as votes were still being tallied, Donald Trump’s eldest son texted then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows that “we have operational control” to ensure his father would get a second term, with Republican majorities in the US Senate and swing state legislatures, CNN has learned.

In the text, which has not been previously reported, Donald Trump Jr. lays out ideas for keeping his father in power by subverting the Electoral College process, according to the message reviewed by CNN. The text is among records obtained by the House select committee investigating January 6, 2021.

“It’s very simple,” Trump Jr. texted to Meadows on November 5, adding later in the same missive: “We have multiple paths We control them all.”

Ad Feedback
Video Ad Feedback
04:16 - Source: CNN
See ex-Trump official's reaction to Trump Jr.'s 'revealing' texts
In a statement to CNN, Trump Jr.’s lawyer Alan S. Futerfas said, “After the election, Don received numerous messages from supporters and others. Given the date, this message likely originated from someone else and was forwarded.”

Immediately before his text to Meadows describing multiple paths for challenging the election, Trump Jr. texted Meadows the following: “This is what we need to do please read it and please get it to everyone that needs to see it because I’m not sure we’re doing it.”

The November 5 text message outlines a strategy that is nearly identical to what allies of the former President attempted to carry out in the months that followed. Trump Jr. makes specific reference to filing lawsuits and advocating recounts to prevent certain swing states from certifying their results, as well as having a handful of Republican state houses put forward slates of fake “Trump electors.”

If all that failed, according to the Trump Jr. text, GOP lawmakers in Congress could simply vote to reinstall Trump as President on January 6.

“We have operational control Total leverage,” the message reads. “Moral High Ground POTUS must start 2nd term now.”

The text from Trump Jr. is revealing on a number of levels. It shows how those closest to the former President were already exchanging ideas for how to overturn the election months before the January 6 insurrection – and before all the votes were even counted. It would be another two days before major news outlets declared Joe Biden the winner on November 7.

The text also adds to a growing body of evidence of how Trump’s inner circle was actively engaged in discussing how to challenge the election results.

On March 28, Judge David Carter, a federal judge in California, said that Trump, along with conservative lawyer John Eastman, launched an “unprecedented” campaign to overturn a democratic election, calling it “a coup in search of a legal theory.”

George Terwilliger, an attorney for Meadows, declined to comment for this story. A spokesperson for the House select committee declined to comment.

Foreshadowing the Trump campaign strategy
In the weeks following the 2020 election, Trump and his allies eventually filed more than 60 unsuccessful lawsuits in key states, failing to convince the courts that his claims about a stolen election were justified, or uncover any evidence of widespread voter fraud.

They also called for various recounts based on those same unfounded voter fraud claims. A number of states conducted recounts in the months after the election, though none of them revealed any fraud substantial enough to have changed the outcome of the vote in any state.

Trump campaign officials, led by Rudy Giuliani, oversaw fake electors plot in 7 states
While Trump Jr. was publicly pushing various voter fraud conspiracy theories and generally casting doubt about the results in states like Pennsylvania and Georgia, his text to Meadows reveals there were other ideas being discussed privately.

Specifically, Trump Jr. previews a strategy to supplant authentic electors with fake Republican electors in a handful of states. That plan was eventually orchestrated and carried out by allies of the former President, and overseen by his then-attorney Rudy Giuliani.

In his text to Meadows, Trump Jr. identifies two key dates in December that serve as deadlines for states to certify their electoral results and compel Congress to accept them. Though the dates are largely ceremonial, in his text Trump Jr. appears to point to them as potential weaknesses to be exploited by casting doubt on the legitimacy of the election results.

Seeking Trump electors
Trump Jr.’s November 5 text to Meadows came as similar notions of faithless electors were starting to percolate publicly on conservative social media. Trump Jr. sent the text to Meadows at 12:51 p.m., just minutes after conservative radio host Mark Levin had tweeted a similar idea and suggested state legislatures have final say on electors.

If secretaries of state were unable to certify the results, Trump Jr. argues in his text to Meadows that they should press their advantage by having Republican-controlled state assemblies “step in” and put forward separate slates of “Trump electors,” he writes.

Exclusive: Federal prosecutors looking at 2020 fake elector certifications, deputy attorney general tells CNN
“Republicans control Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, North Carolina etc we get Trump electors,” Trump Jr. adds.

Trump Jr.’s text, however, refers to an untested legal theory that state houses are the ultimate authority in elections and can intervene to put forward a different slate of electors than those chosen by the voters, when in reality this is a ceremonial process and the outcome is essentially a foregone conclusion.

The Justice Department and the House committee are both investigating the fake electors plot within the context of what unfolded on January 6 and Trump’s broader effort to overturn the election.

The strategy floated by Trump Jr. is similar to what was outlined by former Texas Governor and Trump Energy Secretary Rick Perry, who texted Meadows on November 4 suggesting three state legislatures ignore the will of their voters and deliver their states’ electors to Trump.

January 6 committee subpoenas individuals tied to fake elector push
“HERE’s an AGRESSIVE (sic) STRATEGY: Why can t (sic) the states of GA NC PENN and other R controlled state houses declare this is BS (where conflicts and election not called that night) and just send their own electors to vote and have it go to the SCOTUS,” Perry’s text message read.

A spokesman for Perry told CNN at the time that the former Energy secretary denies being the author of the text. However, multiple people who know Rick Perry previously confirmed to CNN that the phone number the committee has associated with that text message is Perry’s number.

‘We control them all’
Trump Jr. also texts Meadows that Congress could intervene on January 6 and overturn the will of voters if, for some reason, they were unable to secure enough electoral votes to tip the outcome in Trump’s favor using the state-based strategy.

That option, according to Trump Jr.’s text, involves a scenario where neither Biden nor Trump have enough electoral votes to be declared a winner, prompting the House of Representatives to vote by state party delegation, with each state getting one vote.

“Republicans control 28 states Democrats 22 states,” Trump Jr. texts. “Once again Trump wins.”

“We either have a vote WE control and WE win OR it gets kicked to Congress 6 January 2021,” he texts Meadows.

John Eastman.
January 6 committee obtains emails that former Trump attorney John Eastman sought to keep secret
In a series of memos in early January, conservative lawyer John Eastman proposed a variation of that idea.

Eastman’s memo laid out a six-step plan for Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the election for Trump, which included throwing out the results in seven states because they allegedly had competing electors. In fact, no state had actually put forward an alternate slate of electors – there were merely Trump allies claiming without any authority to be electors.

Eastman, who has been subpoenaed by the House select committee and is fighting to keep some of his records secret from investigators, was accused by Carter of likely engaging in a criminal conspiracy with Trump to overturn the election.

“Dr. Eastman has an unblemished record as an attorney and respectfully disagrees with the judge’s findings,” his attorney Charles Burnham said in response to the judge’s ruling.

Trump Jr. pushes Meadows to fire Wray and install loyalist at FBI
Trump Jr. ends his November 5 text by calling for a litany of personnel moves to solidify his father’s control over the government by putting loyalists in key jobs and initiate investigations into the Biden family.

“Fire Wray; Fire Fauci,” he texts, referring to FBI Director Christopher Wray and White House coronavirus adviser Anthony Fauci. Trump Jr. then proposes making former acting Director of National Intelligence Ric Grenell interim head of the FBI and having then-Attorney General Bill Barr “select Special prosecutor on HardDrivefromHell Biden crime family.”

As Trump refused to concede in the days and weeks after the 2020 election, rumors swirled that he was still considering firing Wray, along with several other top officials with whom he had grown frustrated.

Alarm grows over Trump administration acting 'more akin to a dictatorship' as he denies election defeat
Trump and his allies sharply criticized Wray for failing to produce information that they claimed would be harmful to the President’s political enemies, including Biden. CNN previously reported that the prospect of Trump firing Wray hung over the FBI for weeks, dating to before Election Day.

While Wray remains in his post and Barr resigned in mid-December 2020 without naming a special prosecutor to investigate the Bidens, Trump Jr.’s text underscores just how precarious the situation at DOJ was in the immediate aftermath of the election.

The same is true for Trump Jr.’s recommendation that Meadows replace Wray with Grenell, someone who not only lacked the usual qualifications to lead the FBI but also had a proven track record of doing the former President’s bidding.

After serving a controversial three-month stint as Trump’s acting intel chief, Grenell hit the campaign trail in late 2020 to help promote Trump’s unfounded claims of widespread voter fraud and support his legal challenges in a key swing state: Nevada.

Grenell takes parting shot at Democrats as he exits top intelligence job
On November 5, Biden held a slim lead over Trump in Nevada but appeared poised to win the state’s six electoral votes. That same day, Grenell and Trump campaign officials announced they were filing a new lawsuit to “stop the counting of illegal votes” but provided no evidence to support their claims of rampant fraud.
This story has been updated with new details of a text message Trump Jr. sent to Meadows.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I’d love to see Jr swing from a public gallows. What a human turd. Like father like son. Anti-American scum.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

P
Legend
Legend
P
Former cop who stormed Capitol guilty on all 6 counts in second Jan. 6 jury trial

Thomas Robertson, a former police officer in Rocky Mount, Virginia, was found guilty Monday.

WASHINGTON — A former police officer who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, was found guilty of all six charges at his trial Monday.

Thomas Robertson, who was an officer in Rocky Mount, Virginia, when he entered the Capitol on Jan. 6, was arrested in January 2021 and fired soon after by the city.

The outcome was another win for the U.S. Department of Justice, which is overseeing an unprecedented investigation into the hundreds of people who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Robertson was the second Jan. 6 defendant to take his case to a jury, after Guy Reffitt was convicted on all counts last month. In the Robertson case, jurors deliberated Friday afternoon and all day Monday before they reached a verdict just before 5:30 p.m.

Jacob Fracker, a fellow police officer whom Robertson called "son," testified on behalf of the prosecution after he reached a plea deal with the government last month. Fracker, a Trump supporter, admitted he participated in a conspiracy to “corruptly obstruct, influence, and impede" the certification of Joe Biden's Electoral College victory.

Fracker testified that he decided to plead guilty and cooperate because he could cut down on his exposure to prison time and because he was thinking of his young daughter.

Robertson was charged with six counts, including obstruction of an official proceeding, civil disorder and entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds while carrying a deadly or dangerous weapon.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...yd41bSrtHs0T-sLF09I-t3MqlMzk__pM7tLZAO7U

And Trump is still going across he country holding rallies spreading the same election lies that caused this in the first place.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Nail every last one of them to the wall.

Legend
Legend
It is bizzare how people will justify treason. The republican party was supposed to be the party of Law and Order. Support of police and Law and Order.

Patriotism a word that means "devotion to and vigorous support for one's country."

trump and those in his circle fought to overthrow the Law of the Land and the foundation of democracy - the vote.

The evidence is clear.

These people are traitors. During a war they would be executed. At the least the should have their citzenship revoked and they should be exiled.

They do not deserve to take another step on the soil of the United States.

M
Legend
Legend
M
But this goes to the heart of one of the issues .... when the right wing media and right wing politicians spew lies and hate and frame a narrative that the country and its values are under attack from the left and from Democrats, then to take up arms to prevent the communists from takking power after a fraudulent vote IS patriotic. Jan 6th got stopped, despite efforts the transfer of power eventually took place and some responsi le are being g h3ld accountable....... What hasn't changed is the continued lies, hate, division spewing from the Right .... be it politicians, media or posters right here on dawgtalkers.net..... do some on the left reciprocate and spread fear and escolate/lie and frame the debates? Definitely. But it is not equal and opposite, 2hat is happening with the GOP is very calculated and very wicked. And Jan 6th hasn't changed it one bit.

Last edited by mgh888; 04/12/22 02:19 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Defunding the Police failed, getting Americans killed.

Ridiculous inflation is a fail, hurting the poorest Americans the most.

Afghanistan is a fail, killing more Americans.

Our open Southern Border is a fail. Killing 110,000 Americans this year alone from Fentanyl coming in.

I think these treasonous acts may have been done on purpose to crash and burn this Nation.

Tell me again about Patriotism.

I have told you about Treason.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You have told us about nothing that mounts to treason by any stretch. Yet you refuse to address a topic that does.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The two posters before me were talking of Patriotism and Treason. I was talking to them.

You wouldn't know Treason if you voted for it! Oh yea, you did.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Our open Southern Border is a fail. Killing 110,000 Americans this year alone from Fentanyl coming in.

I think these treasonous acts may have been done on purpose to crash and burn this Nation.

You're going to try to soapbox about treason in a thread about an attempted coup/insurrection, and not mention said attempted breach of our democracy.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober

You're going to try to soapbox about treason in a thread about an attempted coup/insurrection, and not mention said attempted breach of our democracy.

You talking about this soapbox thread accusing Treason when no one has been charged or convicted of Treason?

Legend
Legend
Here I will spell it out for you:

Treason: "the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government."

Nothing you stated has a thing to do with treason.

How about failure of "oath of office?" Protect the people of the country.

Match that phrase to: Lying to the people about covid. Knowing what was going to happen and then lying to the people. Then saying "I did it to protect them from panic." Like lying about the path of a hurricane to protect the people from panic.

"You told me about treason?" Look no further than trump and the those that abetted and or participated in the Insurrection.

Here I will help you. Insurrection definition: "a violent uprising against an authority or government."

I won't waste the word patrotism on someone who supports trump.

Legend
Legend
But you didn't mention the fact that 725 people have been arrested and so far, the median prison sentence for the Jan. 6 rioters is 45 days.

Treason? Not.

Legend
Legend
Read the definition again.

They betrayed the country and tried to overthrow the government.

Look in the mirror. Lie to yourself.

Mighty big of you supporting those actions.

Legend
Legend
I understand that you "Feel" that way but the Courts say you are wrong.

Misdemeanors and Trespassing are not Treason.

There's a couple of guys who planned it all and they aren't even being charged with Treason.

Perhaps a few lessons on the Constitution would help you to know the law of your own Country.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 04/12/22 05:23 PM.
Legend
Legend
The legality of the matter means nothing to me.

If there was real justice trump would have died from covid.

Go watch the tape again and talk some more about trespassing. Then go and explain that to the officers of the Capitol police.

I need no lesson when it comes to traitors.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish
The legality of the matter means nothing to me.

If there was real justice trump would have died from covid.

Go watch the tape again and talk some more about trespassing. Then go and explain that to the officers of the Capitol police.

I need no lesson when it comes to traitors.

Luckily our Country doesn't run on your "feelings".

Wishing death on someone tells me more than I care to know about your "feelings".

Legend
Legend
Get your buddy on a conference call with the families who lost loved ones to covid.

While he told the American public it would go away with warm weather. All those who wanted to believe "the president" while he told them try a disinfectant.

You are lying to yourself if you believe he is anything more than a Putin wannabe.

He has no capacity for compassion for anyone but himself. If he was in the same position as Putin. He would be doing the same thing.

You somehow can excuse his actions to politics when in fact he is a criminal. Covid is now "accepted."

trumps's response to covid was criminal and was the direct cause of thousands of deaths.

What I said was "if there was justice trump would have died from covid."

I did not wish his death. But I for sure would not have been sorry.

Last edited by bonefish; 04/12/22 07:19 PM.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus January 6th Fallout p3

Link Copied to Clipboard