Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree he may not be a pass rusher in so far as sacks, but as has been pointed out, he can push the pocket limiting the QB's ability to step up. Stepping up in to the pocket kills a defensive ends rush angle. It puts the OT's right back in to blocking position unless they get beat inside, which they usually don't. You can't play tackle if you start to get beat to the inside.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Pdawg
Mel just mocked us Travis Jones in his mock. Anyone know anything about him? He is big, at 6'5 335. DT out of UConn

He has a very good chance of being selected in the first round.

[Linked Image]

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg
Originally Posted by Pdawg
Mel just mocked us Travis Jones in his mock. Anyone know anything about him? He is big, at 6'5 335. DT out of UConn

He has a very good chance of being selected in the first round.

It's to the point players are going all over the place. After Thursdays 1st round we might start to get some idea of who might be there.

Until then it will be round and round...."That guy will be drafted in round 1" "That guy will still be there in round 3".

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
It seems like AB's draft board at the top has been very similar to PFF's the last couple of years.

Based on that info, my guess is we have our sights set on Skyy Moore, Pickens, and Travis Jones - PFF has them all rated very highly. If one of them gets to pick 44, I feel like they will be AB's pick.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Hmmm.......that's an interesting point.

Legend
Legend
Garrett Wilson would be someone I’d love to get, as would Drake London.

Defensively I think Travis Jones would be a good fit and a big need.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
It seems like AB's draft board at the top has been very similar to PFF's the last couple of years.

Based on that info, my guess is we have our sights set on Skyy Moore, Pickens, and Travis Jones - PFF has them all rated very highly. If one of them gets to pick 44, I feel like they will be AB's pick.

Makes sense. We look at film, and those guys pass that test. We also do a deep dive in to the metrics around the player as does PFF. Seems the board might be similar minus the guys we just rule out based on one thing or another.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
And the list if reasons we rule guys out for seems to be getting smaller.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

That's actually been on my mind recently; sounds like there are concerns regarding Devonte Wyatt and some domestic violence incidents in his past that could cause him to fall in the draft...would the Browns be willing to overlook these issues and draft him in the 2nd round?

(Just trying to re-direct this back to football)

P
Legend
Legend
P
Recent events would indicate yes, possibly.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
In talking "favorites"....I would definitely say my favorite player in this draft is Chris Olave. Garrett gets a lot of the publicity(for good reason)...But I just love the smoothness of Olave. Big Fan of Araiza as well...Outside of that..possibly Metchie...I just like the kid. Great attitude...Just a guy you would like on your team...he can play a little too...LOL

Just a thought....Kind of crazy that 3 of the top 5 receivers in this draft are "technically" from Ohio State with Williams transferring from OSU to Alabama...

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

maybe. Ruling guys out can be as simple as you have absolutely zero need in the way of starter or back-up. Age could be another.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's true. It's also a risk verses reward thing. If you think the possible reward may be worth the risk, you take bigger risks. A lesser talent may be taken off the board for marginal things that a player with a much higher talent level may be seen as worth taking the risk on. I mean in the example we're speaking of, how far would a player have to fall that the risk involved may be worth the investment? There is certainly a point at which the reward may outweigh the risk. Where that point is I have no idea.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c,

I like Travis Jones but he's not my favorite. That would be Joshua Paschal, Kentucky DE. He seems like the type of player the Steelers or the Ravens always draft, not the Browns.

All Pro
All Pro
I'd definitely take Paschal with the 3rd round pick (likely the 1st one). Doesn't bend well but is stronger than an ox and can push inside on 3rd downs if/when we get Clowney back even as a rookie.

Is Jones at 44 and Paschal at 78 too much?

Not for me.

Though that would leave WR a little dicey until we see if DPJ can take the #2 spot.

Then again, I like Zach Tom as a center in the 3rd (comp), so what do I know? As far as unknown-ish guys, he may be one of my favorites. Played center like a beast as a red-shirt freshman (I believe) and then had to man the tackle position for Wake forest for two years since they are absolute trash and he was their best o-lineman. Probably hurt his learning curve, but he is center #2 in the draft for me.

Imagine the panic if we didn't take a wideout at all on day 2 smile

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
T
Legend
Legend
T
I remember when they drafted Deshone Kizer as an 'oops we waited too long' option at Qb, because, emm, hey!!! you can always put off getting playmakers, i.e. the guys who score touchdowns, until the never arrives round, and ... everything'll be alright, like 0-17 ... emm, it's not much worse than 4-12 anyways, right! I mean, it ended up being a rebuild year, or decade.
I mean, the same thing happens every year, fall in love with defense, and forget that the league is built for offensive teams.
It's not 1985 anymore.

( Things to be convinced of, I'm convinced the Browns,, end up with less common first names in skill positions often.)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Need should not take precedence over the best player available, unless you have a patchwork, talentless, team that can't field a team of competitive players.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
OP Online
Legend
As I have seen how Berry works a couple things come to mind.

Every year at this time you hear "need versus BPA."

IMO Berry looks at the "impact" a player can bring to team goals. He likes to have options and not get stuck into a single choice.

Ideally you want need to intersect with BPA. Filling a team need with the BPA is the goal.

This draft appears to be strong at receiver and DL. The pass rushers will always go first.

Then it becomes about who is there and their value.

Signing Jarvis and Clowney gives Berry options. We could go DT at 44 and be looking at a top five guy at that position.

In fact we could circle back and get two DT and find a receiver with the our second third or a fourth round pick.

At the same time if a high value guy drops to our pick. You can take him.

B
Legend
Legend
B
If you look at impact, at DL who might start would impact the team more than a receiver who might get some play time.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Online
Legend
That is where my head is going. Each year is different. The team needs change. The draft is different.

You want value.

This year that value for us could be DL. By coinincidence that is where are need is.

We have filled in at DT with free agent short term deals. This could be the year to invest. As much as I like Pickens and his value as a possible pick at 44.

We have receivers on the team and we can find receivers later in this draft.

The Browns have not invested high picks at DT. That is a analytic approach. This year we have that luxury to invest at DT.

The key is Clowney. If we sign him to a two year deal. It gives us more options.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I'd sign Clownery before Jarvis. I'd even give the money we might have slotted for Jarvis and add some portion to the money we have offered Clowney just to get that done.

We already wasted Joe Thomas' career. Let's don't waste Garrett's because he is the only guy on the DL who can play.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: PitDAWG, AZBrown
Legend
OP Online
Legend
No doubt that Clowney has to be the priority.

I just posted on "Woods Scheme." Ward saying how much of a factor Clowney is.

I feel good going into the draft. I have confidence in AB.

2 members like this: Cleats, Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Profile: LB Troy Andersen, Montana State
Montana State's Troy Andersen is a Swiss army knife type of player. Where does he best fit in?
NICK FALATOFEB 17, 2022
COMMENT
Troy Andersen, LB
Height: 6’3
Weight: 242 lbs.
Class: Senior
School: Montana State
Arm Length: 32 1/4″
Wingspan: 77 5/8″
Hand: 9 3/8″

Aproductive high school quarterback who was a top safety at Beaverhead County High School in Montana, Andersen was not widely recruited, so he attended an FCS program and was a big fish in a small pond.

Andersen was insanely versatile at the FCS level; he was the top defensive player in his conference and played quarterback and running back throughout college, albeit that is very unlikely at the next level.

Notables
He was the Big Sky Freshman of the Year; he started games at both linebacker and running back. He had a productive 2018 season as a quarterback--he finished first-team All-Big Sky as a quarterback while breaking school rushing records. He had 21 rushing touchdowns in 2018 and a yards-per-carry average of 6.85; both are single-season school records. With limited time as a running back/quarterback, Andersen ranks ninth in rushing yards through Montana State’s school history.

He recorded 150 tackles in 2021 and won Big Sky Defensive Player of the Year. He was a unanimous All-American and earned a trip to the Reese’s Senior Bowl, where he was very impressive as a linebacker. Andersen was the National Team’s top linebacker at the event. Andersen finished 2021 with 14 tackles for a loss, seven passes defended, and two interceptions.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Online
Legend
He stood out at the combine. 4.41 damn

Big dude who can fly. Impressive athlete. I like guys like him.

When you can do what he can. You will find a place to play. I remember watching him at the Combine and thinking that guy moves really well.

I lived in Montana. People from there are a tough breed. Boys are brought up learning that you must work hard.

GD I am with you on this guy. Good pick.

1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
E
Legend
Legend
E
I heard we are offering a 2 year contract to Clowney!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
OP Online
Legend
It makes sense because that is what Clowney wants. He may want a three year deal.

His injury history has to be considered. But I hope we do sign him for two years.

He played hard and he is disruptive. He plays the run really well.

He is a good compliment to Myles. Both guys are so damn athletic.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by eotab
I heard we are offering a 2 year contract to Clowney!

I read the same thing several weeks ago. Good deal.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Oh good that means I was not imagining it...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jordan Davis is a bad and I mean BAD man.

Dude is 6'6 341 and ran a 4.78 40 and broad jumped 123"!!!!

Other than that I really just love Olave, he is just so smooth in and out of his cuts. Wish he would have ran faster but with a good QB he is going to be a nightmare.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd like to reiterate there isn't a DT even close, I mean some of these D-ends aren't as athletic as Jordan Davis. Just a FREAK athlete.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by BpG; 04/26/22 01:52 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season 2022 NFL Draft Favorite Player in the Draft

Link Copied to Clipboard