Next Thread
Print Thread
#1940818 04/27/22 07:31 AM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I did not watch college football this year in terms of scouting potential picks for the Browns, but there were a few guys that jumped off the screen when i viewed the games. One of those guys is David Ojabo, the Edge defender from that TUN. I always have thought highly of quick-twitch guys and I love Edge rushers who are explosive out of their stance. Ojabo has both and he is really fast. Nice length, but a bit too light in the pants. He hasn't been playing football all that long and is still developing. He plays w/good bend and is the master of the strip sack. He is effective from the 3-point stance as well as standing up. He does need to get better against the run. He tore his achilles at his Pro Day and this will probably cause him to drop in the draft. I think he has the highest ceiling of any Edge defender in this entire draft. Well, I haven't watched them all. For example, I didn't watch any Florida State games. I just was astounded by Ojabo's explosion coming off the ball and his bend. He can really get around blockers and destroys the pocket. I'll follow up w/a player profile report if anyone wants to read it.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
David Ojabo NFL Draft Profile
Position: Defensive End
School: Michigan
Current Year: Junior
Height: 6’4″
Weight: 250 pounds
Wingspan: 80 3/4″
Length: 33 1/2″
Hand: 9″

Ojabo’s Combine results
40-Yard Dash: 4.55
Broad Jump: 10′ 2″
Vertical Jump: 35″
Short Shuttle: 4.45

David Ojabo Scouting Report

It almost defies logic how quickly Ojabo broke onto the college football stage. He was barely a sleeper at the start of the 2021 season, with just 1 tackle to his name. By season’s end, he was a frequent first-round selection in 2022 NFL Mock Drafts. And in some mocks, he even rose over his teammate Hutchinson, who’s now the favorite to be the No. 1 overall pick.

The early first-round talk is now likely moot after Ojabo’s injury. But there’s still a sense that he could crack the first 32 picks, even if he’s likely to miss his entire rookie campaign. What makes Ojabo’s athletic talent worth a first-round selection, even if he won’t be available right away? What makes Ojabo a prospect with special upside? Let’s take a closer look at his 2022 NFL Draft scouting report to find out.

Ojabo’s athletic profile
Right away, Ojabo’s high-level physical tools stand out on film. Hutchinson tested just as well as Ojabo at the NFL Combine, but Ojabo shows visibly superior functional athleticism on tape. At 6’4″, 250 pounds, with 33.5″ arms, Ojabo has impressive length and a fairly dense frame. That length provides a dangerous conduit for power. Additionally, he uses that length proactively to produce turnovers and disrupt passers in structure.

Ojabo’s frame is made even more dangerous by the exceptional athleticism contained within it. He has top-tier explosiveness off the snap and also has great torso flexibility. Ojabo can accelerate quickly while reducing his surface area and pinching the corner. Furthermore, he has a devastating ghost move, with which he uses his burst and contortion to shade by tackles with minimal contact.

Ojabo is an incredibly twitchy and energetic rusher, in addition to his contortion ability. He possesses elite lateral agility, which helps him keep an effective spin move in his arsenal. He hits a rare second gear with his speed around the edge, and his speed and length combine for dangerous range.

What’s even more impressive is that Ojabo has shown he knows how to combine elements of speed, power, and bend in rapid succession. He keeps his balance while flexing and contorting, and he’s flashed legitimate multitasking ability in a small sample size.

Execution beyond the physical traits
In his current state, many of Ojabo’s wins are a product of his physical traits alone. Nevertheless, that only makes his peak potential even more exciting. Already, Ojabo has produced at a high clip — and he isn’t even close to his ceiling from an executional standpoint. The flashes that are there, however, are promising.

First off, Ojabo displays a hot motor, though not quite as consistently hot as Hutchinson’s. Once in pursuit, his length and explosiveness make him hard to evade. He also has scary range in run support. In pursuit, he swoops down on ball carriers with his burst and wingspan, and he’s shown to take effective angles in space as well.

In run defense, Ojabo can absorb opposing power and establish half-man relationships — something his length and flexibility allow him to do. He can also latch onto opposing linemen and rip down their anchors with force. Those glimpses of extra physicality prove that the Michigan DE has three-down potential.

Moving to Ojabo’s pass rushing, the Wolverine DE also shows bright flashes of targeted hand usage. He’s shown he can time hand swipes effectively and capitalize on the displacement gained by his natural traits. Ojabo’s growth is also exciting. He improved each week in 2021, seemingly adding more rushing moves to his arsenal with each passing game. That coveted linear progression will entice teams to invest in his development.

Areas for improvement
The upside is tantalizing with Ojabo, and there’s enough there that he’s still in the first-round conversation even with his injury. Still, there are clearly areas in which he can improve, and most revolve around the executional portion of his game.

Most notably, Ojabo’s hands are still a work in progress. The Michigan DE doesn’t always have a pass-rushing plan, and that lack of a plan can sap away at his momentum and exerted power. Moreover, his hands can stall quickly at times when he doesn’t win off his natural traits. He needs to be more consistent capitalizing on displacement, or his rushes fade out at the apex.

When Ojabo actively utilizes his hands, he doesn’t always strike cleanly. He could tuck his elbows more to maximize force. Ojabo could also improve his stance to incorporate more lean and potential energy, further maximizing his burst off the line. Additionally, Ojabo isn’t yet proficient at stacking counters. His play strength also isn’t elite. Thus, he can be suffocated by stronger tackles.

Among other things, Ojabo can be inconsistent in run defense, and he doesn’t play full-time in that phase. Furthermore, he’s not great at reading and reacting to option plays when unblocked. He could also improve his efficiency of motion in space.

Ojabo’s 2022 NFL Draft scouting report overview

When we talk about Ojabo’s 2022 NFL Draft stock, we have to start with his Achilles injury. There’s optimism that he’ll undergo a full recovery, but even so, he’s likely to be out for most — if not all — of his rookie season. Ojabo may not hit the field until 2023, when he’ll be 23 years old, with one year of his rookie contract used up.

In a sense, that scenario helps to convey why selecting Ojabo in Round 1 would be appealing. The team that does select Ojabo in Round 1 claims that invaluable fifth-year option, which provides extra time and flexibility to extend talented players. For Ojabo, who still has room to refine his game when he returns to the field, that extended security could be valuable for himself and NFL teams.

So now that we’ve established the value of the fifth-year option, it’s time to ask another question: Is Ojabo worth it, even with the injury concerns? I’m inclined to say yes. It’s reasonable to suggest that if Ojabo fully recovers, he has the highest ceiling in the 2022 NFL Draft EDGE class. He’s supremely explosive with elite lateral agility and high-level bend, length, and power capacity.

Ojabo can still refine his hand usage and improve in run support. But already, the Michigan DE has shown he can capitalize on his searing explosiveness with violent, calculated rushing moves. His elite physical profile and astronomical upside, combined with his constant growth in 2021, make him worthy of a late first-round pick, even with his Achilles injury factored in. If he slips into Round 2, he shouldn’t last long beyond that.

Ojabo’s Player Profile
Ojabo draws attention in droves with his eye-popping pass-rushing reps. But his journey to football and through football is just as eye-opening, though in a different way.

Ojabo was born in Nigeria in 2000 and moved to Aberdeen, Scotland, in 2007. He lived in Scotland until his high school years, when he finally came to the United States. In high school, Ojabo quickly distinguished himself as an elite athlete. He was a track star, with a personal-best 100-meter dash time of 10.93 (for reference, Devin Hester had a 10.62 in college). Ojabo started playing football in 2017, and from there, he was hooked.

In testing drills during his recruiting cycle, Ojabo logged a 4.75 40-yard dash and a 33.3-inch vertical jump — impressive numbers for a 6’5″, 233-pound prospect who was still maturing. As a result, Ojabo earned four-star recruit status in the 2019 class. He fielded scholarship offers from Clemson, Notre Dame, Penn State, and Texas A&M, but Ojabo ultimately chose to don the Maize and Blue.

He signed with Michigan in July of 2018 and enrolled the following spring.

Ojabo’s career at Michigan
When Ojabo arrived at Ann Arbor, he quickly fell underneath a deep EDGE rotation. But the Michigan product didn’t let that discourage him. He worked hard behind the scenes and gained valuable experience on the scout team. At the end of the 2019 season, he was named Michigan’s Scout Team Player of the Year. That work led to game action the following season.

In 2020, Ojabo played in all six games, mainly as a special teamer. Although he only logged 1 tackle, he still gained valuable on-field experience in multiple phases. Along the way, he was able to earn Academic All-Big Ten honors. In 2021, however, Ojabo made it clear that the NFL is in his future.

On a team that starts Hutchinson, Ojabo broke out on his own accord. That’s not easy to do. He logged 11 sacks and 12 tackles for loss in 14 games then declared for the 2022 NFL Draft after Michigan’s playoff loss to Georgia.

Ojabo’s 2022 NFL Draft ascension

Ojabo has always had the talent. In high school, he was compared to Carlos Dunlap by Rivals. Ojabo himself tries to model his game after Arizona Cardinals pass rusher Chandler Jones. His talent has always been apparent, and in 2021, he applied it better than ever.

The hype around Ojabo had crescendoed to unforeseen levels before his injury. But even with an Achilles tear on his report, the 22-year-old is still a worthy candidate for a first-round pick. His ceiling may be the highest in the 2022 NFL Draft. If healthy, he might have cracked the top 10. At a premier position like EDGE, that kind of player is very much worth stashing for a bargain price.

Ojabo still has room to refine his game. But he’s shown he can win against collegiate opponents on his physical traits alone. He’s shown he can apply rushing moves in conjunction with his physical traits. And while he’s still somewhat unrefined, he has the capacity to grow.

Ojabo can be a premier pass-rushing threat in the NFL, and each week in 2021, he proved it one more way. In a stacked EDGE class, Ojabo could very well have one of the highest ceilings. Injury or not, he’s a worthwhile Round 1 investment for a team needing a blue-chip pass rusher.

Tony Pauline’s scouting report for David Ojabo
Positives: Explosive and athletic impact defender coming off a sensational season. Fast up the field, very sudden, and displays tremendous quickness off the snap. Quickly changes direction and immediately alters his angle of attack without losing momentum. Possesses an explosive closing burst bearing down on the play. Bends off the edge, rarely gets knocked off his feet, and shows speed in lateral pursuit.

Effective standing over tackle and coming out of a three-point stance. Can make plays up the field and off the line in space. Shows a variety of moves to get off blocks. Consistently penetrates the line of scrimmage. Easily exploits offensive tackles with speed and explosion.

Negatives: Controlled at the point by a single blocker and gets out-positioned by opponents. Lacks great strength at the point. Turned in just a single productive season at Michigan.

Analysis: Ojabo burst onto the scene last year and made an impact for the Wolverines, displaying a lot of next-level ability along the way. He’s an explosive pass rusher who can play in a variety of systems and has enough athleticism to be used both in space and at the line of scrimmage. Ojabo must add bulk to his frame and polish his game but comes with tremendous upside.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/david-ojabo-michigan-de-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

B
Legend
Legend
B
No doubt a 1st round talent that will be hurt by the injury.

He very well could be there when we pick. In any other year I would be for taking the chance on the guy. This year, being down a first I am not all that keen on punting with the 2nd rounder, so to speak.

I will say the medicals could change that, some say it is a 6 month injury these days. Color me skeptical on that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1940831 04/27/22 08:52 AM
Legend
Legend
Ojabo is a big maybe.

IMO Berry wants pick 44 to me a now player. A guy who will be able to contribute this year.

Ojabo has upside. He is a fast twitch guy who can move fast. Vers mentioned he maybe light in the seat.

That shows on his tape. He can get swallowed by tackles. He lacks alternative moves beside his speed rush. He picked up football late and is learning.

Because of his injury and playing inexperience. He is a bit of a project and may struggle early..

There is no doubt about his raw talent. I don't know but I think Berry wants a higher floor.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Most years this would seem like a good idea, but this year there's going to be healthy, talented edge rushers avalible ... It would be hard for me to passover one of them for Ojabo ... and we do not even know if he will have the same explosion after the injury as before ... so as tempting as it sounds ... I would have to look at another edge prospect over him, but it would be hard to fault us if we did draft Ojabo.

[Linked Image]

1 member likes this: Jester
E
Legend
Legend
E
In a rush so I didn't read every word. Isn't this the kid who tore his achilles tendon? 1st round talent and a steal providing you are willing to red shirt him for a season. As was mentioned without the first round I doubt we will invest in a kid that cannot give us impact for the 2022 season which I think we are going all in. No time to go to prediction thread...but I'm now thinking we will pick Winfrey DT from Ok he is young and ready to play! Later

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I understand the health concern because he tore his achilles, but Cam Akers tore his early in the season and returned later on in the season. Guys are returning from injuries faster and faster. Heck, I am not sure if he even makes it to #44. Also, to reiterate my earlier point from the OP, this guy is just scratching the surface of his potential. His ceiling is so freaking high.

C
Legend
Legend
C
The Browns are built to win today. It doesn’t seem very wise to punt on your highest draft pick when you can be picking a day one contributor.

cfrs15 #1940850 04/27/22 11:23 AM
Legend
Legend
I agree... it's a basic "no-can-do"... especially not having a 1st round pick.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Smaller size (light), short-ish arms... I'd call him a project, or a stand-up 3-4 OLB that needs to learn and grow. Or, maybe see if he can learn the ILB position and put him alongside JOK, but that still makes him a project.
At his size, I'm thinking that OTs will just swallow him up and with his arms being almost a full 2" shorter than say Myles', he will be that much closer to the OT when trying to fight them, and he will have that much less reach when trying to go around them to swat at a QB and we see regularly how Myles *just barely* misses.

I would not consider him a 1st rounder and I would hope the Browns wouldn't spend #44 on him, either. We need more immediate impact, and personally, I'm hoping it comes in the form of a DT that can stop the run and push the pocket.

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 04/27/22 11:40 AM.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I would hope that BPA allows us to take someone better than an injured project with our 2nd round pick

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I am not sure if you guys have actually researched this??? He isn't even expected to be there at 44. I am not really saying we should draft him. What I am saying is that in the years to come, folks will be discussing why teams passed him. Kinda like Aaron Darnold. Btw-------Jameson Williams is another guy who got hurt late and will still be drafted in the first round. Once again, I feel that you draft for the long term rather than the short term. Btw----I am not arguing w/you guys. Just explaining my position.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 04/27/22 04:22 PM.
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
C
Legend
Legend
C
A team like the Texans would be wise to take Ojabo. They have time to let him come back at a slow pace. We need this pick to play.

Legend
Legend
Oh, I saw that he's being talked about very highly, but I just don't get why. I think most of it is probably manufactured hype. An undersized, injured DE with only one good year under his belt is definitely a crapshoot, no matter who says he should get drafted highly.

Browns is the Browns

1 member likes this: PastorMarc
cfrs15 #1940957 04/27/22 08:38 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted by cfrs15
A team like the Texans would be wise to take Ojabo. They have time to let him come back at a slow pace. We need this pick to play.

Understood. I think a team like the Steelers might be a great fit for him. They understand the importance of edge rushers. The Cowboys are another team since they lost Gregory. The other teams I am thinking about are Indy and KC, who both "need" Edge rushers.

Legend
Legend
Steelers, with their 3-4, are a decent fit, but I think I'd still be surprised if they took him in the 1st.

Browns is the Browns

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Yeah, they probably won't. Just trying to talk some football.

I will add this and I am not saying you guys are wrong and that I am right. Just football talk and debate is cool. But, in my mind, some of the negatives that you guys have brought up are some of the very reasons why I think he will be a steal. I think most people saw Milk's post about RAS scores. Ojabo's are extremely high.

So, some of the negatives on him on this thread are he's light, inexperienced, doesn't have a ton of moves, etc. I'm saying, as a former scout, that it might be wise to look past that and say that he has the frame to put on weight. His lack of experience can be overcome w/experience. He will develop more moves as he learns the game. There are some things that are undeniable. He has a great get-off. He's long. He has progressed rapidly. He got a ton of sacks last year. He creates strip sacks. Explosive, quick-twitch rushers are rare. I feel this guy has a very tall ceiling. There have been similar dudes in the NFL that ended up highly regarded, such as Dwight Freeny, Charles Hayley, Frank Clark, the dude from Atlanta that we briefly had, Derrick Thomas, etc. These guys are hard to find. I could be dead wrong and I acknowledge that, but this is one guy that jumped off the screen when I was watching games and I don't even like that TUN!

Legend
Legend
The issue to me is not about his potential.

He tore his Achillies at his pro day March 21st. That is a hard inury. He will miss all of 2022.

If that had not happened. He would have gone top 20 most likely. Now?

IMO the Browns are in a win now mode. Waiting a year on a Achillies tear is risky. Most seem to believe that Clowney will sign a two year deal.

They could stash him. They signed Winovich. Maybe Berry will look at that way.

However, there are other needs as well and good players who can play right away who may be there.

bonefish #1941008 04/28/22 07:43 AM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I understand. The topic came to my head when you and I were discussing Jameson Williams and his injury on another thread. Guys heal faster now. Again, Cam Akers, the RB for the Rams tore his achilles early on last season and returned at the end of the year. I do understand that the Browns won't be drafting him because he'll almost certainly be gone before pick # 44 comes along. I just think this dude is a guy to watch over the next several years. Then again, I could be dead wrong.

Legend
Legend
well, everything you just said echoes what I said. He's a project.
He could pack on weight to that frame, maybe. How much does it slow him down?
He could learn some more moves, though we've seen even with Myles just how much that isn't an overnight thing.
He could get more experience... which is that thing you get right after you needed it. He will still be learning fundamentals while trying to adapt to the NFL level. The upside there is he won't have to unlearn too many bad habits.

Some of the things are immutable, though. Shorter arms are a real thing. He's the same height as Myles, but with arms almost 2" shorter. You cannot change that.
Yes, he is explosive and fast twitch, and I totally acknowledged that. He could rebound from the Achilles injury and be exactly what he was before it.

In the end, he's the definition of a project. He is not, as-is, a Day 1 starter. He's simply not ready for all of those "could"s above, and I would be surprised to see any team burn a 1st round pick on a project. Well, except maybe the Texans or Lions because they do weird things in the Draft.... or a team with really good DLine depth that can afford to rotate him while he grows.

He's going to be spending the better of the next 12 months recovering from Achilles injury, hoping he comes back with all the same explosiveness, while also adding weight and strength and then won't have his actual rookie campaign until 2023.... that's a tall order to drop a 1st on.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
... I am not really saying we should draft him.
This was really the extent of my post. I think we largely agree.

What I am saying is that in the years to come, folks will be discussing why teams passed him. Kinda like Aaron Darnold. ...

For every Aaron Donald (we passed on Aaron Donald for Justin Gilbert*, btw), there are scores of guys that are the next big thing that don't pan out. Not trying to jump down your throat, but I'm kinda over the whole "this is the guy we're going to talk about for years". NOBODY know that.

*If you wanna quick shot of depression on this Draft Day 1, here is the top of the 2014 draft. There are a couple disappointments/busts in there (looking at you Bortles), but one really sticks out (not in a good way).
1. Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Blake Bortles
4. Sammy Watkins
5. Khalil Mack
6. Jake Matthews
7. Mike Evans
8. JUSTIN F'ING GILBERT
9. Anthony Barr
10. Eric Ebron
11. Taylor Lewan
12. OBJ
13. Aaron Donald

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree with much of your comments on Ojabo, but 33 1/2" Arms and 80 3/4" Wingspan is actually pretty good.

Clay Matthews Jr. and Shack Barrett both have 32 1/4" arms.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 04/28/22 10:16 AM.

[Linked Image]

FL_Dawg #1941031 04/28/22 10:19 AM
Legend
Legend
Yeah, but Ojabo's arms play short.

(Sorry, just experiencing draft overload, where every analyst has an excuse or endorsement for every shortcoming lol)

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FL_Dawg #1941033 04/28/22 10:29 AM
Legend
Legend
I just compare him to Myles. They're about the same height, but have a significant difference in arm length, and when I think about how often Myles just misses by *that* much on a swat, I can't help but think those two inches are more significant than one might think.

Additionally, Clay Jr and Shaq are both 2" shorter than Ojabo, so their arms should be a little shorter.

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 04/28/22 10:30 AM.

Browns is the Browns

E
Legend
Legend
E
I understand the health concern because he tore his achilles, but Cam Akers tore his early in the season and returned later on in the season. Guys are returning from injuries faster and faster. Heck, I am not sure if he even makes it to #44. Also, to reiterate my earlier point from the OP, this guy is just scratching the surface of his potential. His ceiling is so freaking high.

Vers its hard to compare recovery from an achilles injury by one player to another as there are many degrees involving the injury.
1. was it a tear or a complete rupture?
2. was it high up or low?
And that is not even getting into the individuals general recovery traits. Still I get where you are coming from cause at the end he spends that 4 years with us not just one and he has a 1st round pick ceiling. But this is a pretty decent draft we possibly will get a steal regardless like we got JOK last year.

I got this kid Ojabo #30 on my big board that I use.

My question is why are we not talking about SAM WILLIAMS? why is this kid not ranked to go in the first???
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #1941071 04/28/22 11:22 AM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Williams was immediately expected to return as a defensive catalyst in 2020, but during that ensuing offseason, Williams’s future was doubted. In July of 2020, Williams was arrested on a felony charge of sexual battery. He was subsequently suspended for an indefinite period of time by Ole Miss.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted by oobernoober
... I am not really saying we should draft him.

This was really the extent of my post. I think we largely agree.

Not sure we agree....LOL. What I meant is that I think he will be off the board by the time we pick.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
I just compare him to Myles. They're about the same height, but have a significant difference in arm length, and when I think about how often Myles just misses by *that* much on a swat, I can't help but think those two inches are more significant than one might think.

Additionally, Clay Jr and Shaq are both 2" shorter than Ojabo, so their arms should be a little shorter.

Yes, Myles Garrett is in the top....99% for the position.

[Linked Image]

Hammer #1941493 04/29/22 11:21 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by Hammer
Williams was immediately expected to return as a defensive catalyst in 2020, but during that ensuing offseason, Williams’s future was doubted. In July of 2020, Williams was arrested on a felony charge of sexual battery. He was subsequently suspended for an indefinite period of time by Ole Miss.

Thanks Hammer...the charges were dropped and although suspended in 2020 he came back and played 8 games in 2020. I just don't buy the suspension as a reason. This smells like possibly some private issue with an old injury or failed drug test where its not made public except to the GMs of each team.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Of course he goes to the Ravins. flamingmad

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
A few more things about Ojabo.

--He was drafted by Baltimore. John Harbaugh is their HC. His brother Jim coached Ojabo at that TUN.

--Baltimore's new DC coached Ojabo at that TUN.

--If you watched the draft preview shows and the live coverage on ESPN, you saw reports of how Ojabo followed Hutchinson around and constantly picked his brain. To the latter's credit, he took Ojabo under his wing and helped develop him.

--He's an extremely intelligent young man w/high character and a great work ethic according to every report out there.

--He learns quick as evidenced by only playing 13 snaps before last year's outbreak.

--They said he was an extremely hard worker and they have no doubt that he will be all-in on his rehab.

--They said that despite his inexperience, his bend and other natural athletic abilities, were on full display this year.

I'm telling you guys yet again............this was the dude. We were presented a great opportunity and we did not take it. We traded down for value and that seems "meh," and the Ravens, who always draft well, took advantage of our mistake.

I better add this.......>I really like Berry as a GM. I hated that Dorsey got fired, but I changed my mind when facts presented themselves and Berry has been very good. I just don't like this particular decision.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 04/30/22 09:34 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was also an Ojabo fan. Ravens got my guy Oweh last year, too.

The timing of Ojabo's injury was unfortunate. There wasn't really much time to get a good feel for how it's healing. Not sure if he's even started actually rehabbing yet.

I think the injury uncertainty and the fact that they were really high on Alex Wright and thought he'd be there later led to the trade back.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Bull_Dawg #1942478 04/30/22 10:49 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I hear you. I have been wrong many times before. Let's hope I am again.

Legend
Legend
There is no doubt about the potential of Ojabo. Has all the makings of a great player.

However, Grant Delpit took a year and then some to recover from an Achillies. That is a complicated injury and there are degrees of how serious it is?

The Ravens for years have run a 3-4 rarely putting four lineman on the field.

The Browns picked Alex Wright DE he is 6'5" 271lbs. Berry's press conference he mentioned his size fit as what they like at DE.

Ojabo is listed as a linebacker at 6'4" 250lbs.

He makes perfect sense for the Ravens. Maybe not for the Browns.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Agree, he is a hybrid LB, situational pass rusher which Baltimore I am sure will utilize well after his redshirt season.

I hate using picks on guys who had serious injuries. Some of these guys never get back.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season 2022 NFL Draft David Ojabo

Link Copied to Clipboard