Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, How'd OBJ work out for the Rams? Know he's still unsigned....injuries AGAIN, but he balled for Rams. Healthy, lots of folks said we were ready for SB? Didn't happen AND JMHO, big part Baker.....obviously, FO thought same thing....GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
E
Legend
Legend
E
I apologize cause I just don't have the fortitude to make an in depth post as I would like. The one thing I would like to add to this discussion.

2021 Browns I think were the most unluckiest team - We lost a lot starting with our QB who if you all remember set a record for the most accurate passer in the first 2 games of the season - I think it was top 3 and then the injury happened to the shoulder and it just got worse from there. But it was not just QB. Garrett was setting records and was on his way to demolish the sack record when he got hurt...he too played but no where close to his abilities. We lost our RT for most of the season and our LT played with a bad ankle sprain for most the season. Landry was another who was hurt but played on as damaged goods. We had a lot of key injuries and like so many teams who make it far in the post season those teams do so with very little injuries Yes other teams also had problems but I thought we had some very key and ill timed injuries to the team. Ward, Hunt our DTs our DE depth so its different cause we made the change at QB but if we did not we were going to be ahead of the game as we would be coming back with good health. I actually hope Baker stays and plays for the suspended DW it will be easier to trade him before the trade deadline - I'm sure he will have a chip on his shoulder and would want to do well...good for him and good for us. I'm sure DW will do well with all his problems behind him - we should not cut off our nose to spite the face. Use him, trade him and finish with DW and win a championship!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Legend
Legend
O
He was, at most, the 2nd option in Rams O. In Cleveland, he was the one drawing double-coverage.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by eotab
I apologize cause I just don't have the fortitude to make an in depth post as I would like. The one thing I would like to add to this discussion.

2021 Browns I think were the most unluckiest team - We lost a lot starting with our QB who if you all remember set a record for the most accurate passer in the first 2 games of the season - I think it was top 3 and then the injury happened to the shoulder and it just got worse from there. But it was not just QB. Garrett was setting records and was on his way to demolish the sack record when he got hurt...he too played but no where close to his abilities. We lost our RT for most of the season and our LT played with a bad ankle sprain for most the season. Landry was another who was hurt but played on as damaged goods. We had a lot of key injuries and like so many teams who make it far in the post season those teams do so with very little injuries Yes other teams also had problems but I thought we had some very key and ill timed injuries to the team. Ward, Hunt our DTs our DE depth so its different cause we made the change at QB but if we did not we were going to be ahead of the game as we would be coming back with good health. I actually hope Baker stays and plays for the suspended DW it will be easier to trade him before the trade deadline - I'm sure he will have a chip on his shoulder and would want to do well...good for him and good for us. I'm sure DW will do well with all his problems behind him - we should not cut off our nose to spite the face. Use him, trade him and finish with DW and win a championship!

jmho

You have a point. There's also an element of some QBs can better overcome bad luck, though. When things around Baker were good, he was pretty good. When he faced adversity, he was much less good. In the NFL, you're going to face adversity.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by oobernoober
He was, at most, the 2nd option in Rams O. In Cleveland, he was the one drawing double-coverage.

And running whatever route he felt like running

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by eotab

jmho

I agree with most of your post, except playing Baker while DW is suspended (If he gets suspended). I just feel there would be to much tension in the locker room, I would trade Baker as soon as possible, if not before or during the draft, then before training camp, and most definitely before the season begins. Have you heard any support from his teammates about him since DW was signed (*Crickets*) , I believe he was not the team player he tried to project himself to be, not that I'm an OBJ fan but as soon as DW was signed he said he would come back to Cleveland and Landry wanted to redo his deal and stay here. I was a Baker Supporter I loved him and if DW wasn't signed I would have been excited to have Baker as our starter, and Oh by the way I am still torn with DW's situation, I will just wait and see and go by what our nations legal system is suppose to be for all of us ... "Innocent until proven guilty ... GO BROWNS thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Eotab, we have had people ragging on baker since draft night five years ago. For some it was a continuous drumbeat. In that time Baker Mayfield led us out of the muck and mire of 1-31 and in three years he led us to a playoff win. From the night he came into the jets game we went from being a punchline to a joke to being seen seriously. I am very appreciative of what Baker did for the Browns. He was our qb and I supported him.

Dashaun is our qb now and I will support him. Hopefully he will lead us to the next level.I was very surprised at the way many fans turned against baker this year. We seem to have very short memories.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Baker has a very porous work ethic. He broke Mannings record and it went to.his head.
I never heard anyone describe Mayfield as the 1st guy in , last guy out , ever.
Talent is no good without the drive behind it.
The chip on his shoulder narrative is so cliche and laughable in regards to.him

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
[quote]I was very surprised at the way many fans turned against baker this year. We seem to have very short memories./quote]

Then you must be flabbergasted that the Browns organization wanted to move on from him. You must be shocked that none of his teammates have supported him after they publicly supported OBJ. You must be astounded that not one team has wanted to trade for him despite him having a below average contract.

But yeah, it's the fans fault. notallthere

P
Legend
Legend
P
Did they publicly support OBJ "after he left"?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Baker has a very porous work ethic. He broke Mannings record and it went to.his head.
I have also never heard one single person who is close enough to the situation say that Baker doesn't put in the time and the work, ever.

yebat' Putin
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
I have also never heard one single person who is close enough to the situation say that Baker doesn't put in the time and the work, ever.
Anytime you come across a great QB, at.some point
Phrases like "student of the game" "film room guy"
"The most driven, hardest working" is very often associated
With that QB.
Fact, the year after Bakers rookie year,he admitted as much
He didnt put in the time or extra work to improve.
As he said " I thought the game would be so easy"
Well fast forward to 2021,'his game has not improved one bit.
In fact he has regressed. He was making rookie mistakes
Last year. He simply does not have the work ethic of Burrow
Herbert, and Allen. If so it would show on.the field.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, "last year" with having a bum shoulder is indicative of his progress or lack there of, right?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
The Steelers going from 20 years of Roethlisberger to Mitch Trubisky and Kenny Pickett is perfect.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15
The Steelers going from 20 years of Roethlisberger to Mitch Trubisky and Kenny Pickett is perfect.

The fact so many analysts and people on twitter shun the Steelers for taking Pickett has me worried that he is going to end up good. That's usually how these things pan out. wink

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
It could be a repeat of the Josh Allen story. If we've found out anything it's that projecting QB's drafted into the NFL is a dicey proposition.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It could be a repeat of the Josh Allen story. If we've found out anything it's that projecting QB's drafted into the NFL is a dicey proposition.

Josh Allen was the 7th overall pick and 22 years old his rookie season. He is also a physical freak.

Kenny Pickett was a mid/late first round pick and will be 24 his rookie season. His physical skills are average.

I am glad the Steelers took Pickett.

1 member likes this: PastorMarc
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I am glad, too. I am just hoping that Malik, Redder, and Corral all are taken before we pick.

1 member likes this: PastorMarc
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not saying it will end up like the Josh Allen story. But I am saying that those who make this sound like there will be a terrible outcome may not be correct. I'm not sure anyone has a good enough track record at projecting QB's at the next level to know for sure.

We saw people on this very board, many in fact, promote the Mayfield pick from draft day until just a very short time ago. Some still do. So as with all QB's drafted early, the story has yet to be written.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
J/C

The Ravens have had a very solid draft (as always). Very meat and potatoes and have let players come to them.

I also think Pittsburgh will make Pickens into another one of their mid round WR stars, though Pickett would worry me if I were a Steeler fan

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Pre-Draft AFC Contenders

Link Copied to Clipboard