Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
Thought this would be fun now that the Draft of 2022 is over.
Really simple. Just rank the AFC North teams within the North
Then add up the numbers where they are ranked .the lower accumotive
Score the better.

QB
1. Bengals
2. Ravens
3. Browns ( Watson hasnt played in a year , still needs to develop chemistry and
Learn new playbook)
4. Steelers

RB
1. Browns
2. Bengals
3.Ravens ( Dobbins Edwards coming off injury)
4. Steelers

TE
1. Ravens
2. Browns
3. Steelers
4.Bengals

Oline
1. Browns (Willis needs to stay healthy and take game
To another level. )
2.Bengals
3. Ravens
4. Steelers

WR
1.Bengals
2. Steelers
3. Browns
4. Ravens

Offensive coaching staff
1. Bengals
2. Browns
3. Ravens
4.Steelers

D-line
1. Bengals
2. Steelers
3. Ravens
4. Browns

LBers
1. Steelers
2. Bengals
3. Ravens
4.Browns

CBers
1.Browns
2. Ravens
3 Bengals
4. Steelers

Safeties
1. Bengals ( Bell Bates are rock solid but after this year,the Bengals
Will let one or both walk. )
2. Ravens
3. Browns
4. Steelers

Defensive coaching staff
1. Bengals
2. Steelers
3. Ravens ( Martindale is gone , new DC)
4. Browns

Return game punt and kickoff
1. Ravens
2. Browns
3. Bengals
4. Steelers

Punting Place Kicker
1. Ravens
2. Bengals
3. Steelers
4. Browns

Special teams coaches
1. Ravens
2. Bengals
3. Steelers
4. Browns

Front office
1. Ravens
2. Bengals
3. Browns ( Berry and Depodesta are in sync,but no Super Bowl yet)
4. Steelers ( Colbert is gone)

Head coach
1.Steelers
2. Ravens
3. Bengals
4. Browns

1. Bengals (31)
2. Ravens (35)
3. Browns ( 46)
4. Steelers (49)

Last edited by Iluvmyxstripper; 05/01/22 07:07 PM.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Before they knock Berry and Depodesta for no super bowl yet, how about if they could make the playoffs in back to back years.
How about just making the playoffs this year, or just oh, how about winning an opening day game? So you don't start out playing catch up in trying to get back into the division race.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It would be nice to win our first game of the season; for once!!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Since 1999, we are 1-21-1 in opening day games.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Interesting topic. I won't rank them. I'll put them into categories. I won't go through all of your lists because I'm not sure about certain positional evaluations on some of the categories.

QB: I would say that Burrow and Watson are elite. Top seven. Lamar is just outside of that, but I understand why some would put him in the very top tier.

RB: We are elite. Bengals are just below that. Ravens are a question mark because I don't know the health of Dobbins and Edwards, but they are very good. Harris is good. Leaves some yards on the field, but he has talent.

OL: We are elite. Ravens are not probably average to below average. Bengals were terrible, but tried to upgrade. Incomplete for now. Steeler's OL stinks.

TE: Ravens are maybe elite. Certainly, close to it. Steelers are average. We are probably a bit below average. Bengals same as us.

Might do more later.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Title asks to rank the teams, not the characteristics of the teams.
Even if the Browns have better characteristics
We all know their records.
Time to get some more Wins! thumbsup

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Key positions:

QB - Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Steelers (top 3 depend on Watson’s suspension and Lamar’s health)
RB - Browns, Bengals, Steelers, Ravens
WR - Bengals … (they are clearly the class of the division in this regard)
OL - Browns, Ravens, Bengals, Steelers (last three are really close to me)

DL - Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, Browns (Garrett is elite, the rest is a HUGE issue right now)
Secondary - I think all 4 teams are good. tough to pick.
Coaching - Ravens/Steelers, Browns/Bengals … I think the top 2 and bottom 2 are neck and neck

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
I think 2 games will be the gap between the 1st and 4th place team
This year in the North .
I don't see any team going 6 and 0 inside the North

1 member likes this: AZBrown
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
1 Baltimore they drafted 3 all pros
2nd Bengals Burrows is clearly a better qb then Deshaun they also drafted a all pro level safety.
3rd Browns no defensive line except Myles
4th Steelers they are much closer then people believe they have the best defense .

1st String
1st String
Ravens
Bengals
Browns
Steelers

It’s so close to call that anyone could win this division.

Never have hope. You won’t be disappointed.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jacksondawg
3rd Browns no defensive line except Myles

Perrion Winfrey is one the best DL prospects in the draft. We upgraded our K position 100%.

Do some homework.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Winfrey Scouting Report

In 2021, Winfrey totaled 5.5 sacks and 23 tackles. Winfrey has good speed, but he lacks instincts and is terrible in run defense as evidenced by his horrible tackle total. He decided to skip the Alamo Bowl to prepare for the pre-draft workouts.

Winfrey had an excellent week of practice at the Senior Bowl, causing havoc behind the line by using his speed to fire gaps and make plays. In the pass rush especially, Winfrey got the better of the offensive linemen. He really helped himself in Mobile. Winfrey has a lot of off-the-field issues that hurt him with teams, and some team sources are worried about Winfrey avoiding suspension and not partying his way out of the NFL.

Here is what an area scout texted me about Winfrey during the Oklahoma-Nebraska game, "Winfrey is a pure three-technique. He'll get better usage of his skill set in the NFL. They play him as a 0 or 4i primarily in their scheme. He's better when they let him tee off and 1-gap. His production gets hit taking so many base reps. They're doing what they need to in order to win. It's our job as scouts to project him properly."

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
B
Legend
Legend
B
I had a suspicion that might be an issue with the kid. He seems to have a bit of a rapper/rock star thing going on.

I hope he can dump his homeboys and stay home and not go clubbing every night.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I wanted to write something but it is very hard to at this point.

For one thing IMO our roster is not done. IMO we will still add players that make a big difference.

Coaching? Hard to rank coaching because there are many factors we can not see. There is more to it than seniority or win loss record.

Watson and the suspension possibility is completley unknown. Right now I would guess nothing will happen this year.

Quarterback - Watson is as good as anyone outside of Rodgers.

Running Backs - Browns have the best unit.

Secondary - IMO Browns have the best in the North.

OL - The Browns OL is very good. I can't rank them in the North.

WR - The Bengals are really good. The Browns may add a vet that would make a difference.

DL - Browns are not finished with the DL.

LB - The teams play different schemes so they are hard to compare. IMO JOK will become one of the best in the NFL. The rest of the Browns are above average.

ST - Ravens have Tucker

The Steelers are now looking for an answer at quarterback. That is a problem in the North.

Browns, Ravens and Bengals will be in serious battle against each other.

Legend
Legend
Good point about Ravens with Tucker. He’s a huge advantage. Bengals also seem to have a great kicker. Let’s hope we do too.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Watson rust?

IMO not an issue at all. By the time the season will begin he will be more than ready. In fact he maybe the healthiest he has been in his career.

DW is hard woking smart quarterback. He will aborb the playbook in no time. He will get the snaps he needs in camp to be ready.

I could wrong on this but since the civil cases have been pushed till next year. I don't see how he can be suspended this season?

I can only go by the way Josh Gordon suspensiosn were handled. They took forever to decide.

The Ben suspension.

This link is the complete NFL Policy. I read it. Still don't know. Robert Kraft got nothing? "Personal Conduct Code."

https://nflcommunications.com/Documents/2018%20Policies/2018%20Personal%20Conduct%20Policy.pdf

I have no idea what will happen.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think where your confusion may lie in comparing Kraft to watson is the word consensual.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Like I said. I read it all.

"Everyone who is part of the league
must refrain from “conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in” the NFL. This
includes owners, coaches, players, other team employees, game officials, and employees of the league
office, NFL Films, NFL Network, or any other NFL business."

I still don't know.

Legend
Legend
Unless their hand is absolutely FORCED (or they're trying to oust one of the current owners), the owners aren't going to go after one of their own on something like this lest the one being gone after starts to open other cans of worms that affect the other owners.

It's fine for them to go after the employees, but they won't do it to each other.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
My issue is comparing the two incidents. They aren't close to being comparable.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Even if they were identical situations, expecting an owner to be treated the same as a player is wishful thinking.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I am not making a comparison since nothing has been done.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Thought this would be fun now that the Draft of 2022 is over.
Really simple. Just rank the AFC North teams within the North
Then add up the numbers where they are ranked .the lower accumotive
Score the better.

QB
1. Bengals
2. Ravens
3. Browns ( Watson hasnt played in a year , still needs to develop chemistry and
Learn new playbook)
4. Steelers

RB
1. Browns
2. Bengals
3.Ravens ( Dobbins Edwards coming off injury)
4. Steelers

TE
1. Ravens
2. Browns
3. Steelers
4.Bengals

Oline
1. Browns (Willis needs to stay healthy and take game
To another level. )
2.Bengals
3. Ravens
4. Steelers

WR
1.Bengals
2. Steelers
3. Browns
4. Ravens

Offensive coaching staff
1. Bengals
2. Browns
3. Ravens
4.Steelers

D-line
1. Bengals
2. Steelers
3. Ravens
4. Browns

LBers
1. Steelers
2. Bengals
3. Ravens
4.Browns

CBers
1.Browns
2. Ravens
3 Bengals
4. Steelers

Safeties
1. Bengals ( Bell Bates are rock solid but after this year,the Bengals
Will let one or both walk. )
2. Ravens
3. Browns
4. Steelers

Defensive coaching staff
1. Bengals
2. Steelers
3. Ravens ( Martindale is gone , new DC)
4. Browns

Return game punt and kickoff
1. Ravens
2. Browns
3. Bengals
4. Steelers

Punting Place Kicker
1. Ravens
2. Bengals
3. Steelers
4. Browns

Special teams coaches
1. Ravens
2. Bengals
3. Steelers
4. Browns

Front office
1. Ravens
2. Bengals
3. Browns ( Berry and Depodesta are in sync,but no Super Bowl yet)
4. Steelers ( Colbert is gone)

Head coach
1.Steelers
2. Ravens
3. Bengals
4. Browns

1. Bengals (31)
2. Ravens (35)
3. Browns ( 46)
4. Steelers (49)

This was the original post in the thread. I am not sure if I ever saw a thread w/so much talk about other topics and maybe only 2-3 posts addressing the actual topic. We have a mini-rant about the FO, our record in opening day games, a scouting report about our rookie DT, and another discussion about Watson's civil cases and possible suspension.

Too bad, Iluvmy....it was actually a very good topic. I tried to do a few rankings, but I had a feeling this thread didn't stand a chance, plus it's hard for me to actually rank players, coaches, etc numerically. Anyway, good topic and you obviously put some time into compiling your rankings.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Even if they were identical situations, expecting an owner to be treated the same as a player is wishful thinking.

That's quite true. The 32 billionaire club isn't going to punish each other unless they have no choice, period.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
This was the original post in the thread. I am not sure if I ever saw a thread w/so much talk about other topics and maybe only 2-3 posts addressing the actual topic. We have a mini-rant about the FO, our record in opening day games, a scouting report about our rookie DT, and another discussion about Watson's civil cases and possible suspension.

Have you been away for so long you've forgotten how this place works? This is more the rule than the exception. It happens all the time. I understand why a thread meandering all over the place can be aggravating, it's certainly nothing new or unusual.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Looking at your rankings got me to thinking about how all four teams are strong in key areas.

--Three of the four have excellent quarterbacks. I can't rank them, but I know they are really good. Most analysts would agree that at least two are elite and many more would include Lamar in that category.

--All four teams are well coached. I didn't approve of the Stefanski hire, but he's really good. I didn't like Taylor at first, but he has really matured and did a great job in tough moments last year. Tomlin and Harbaugh are elite.

--All four teams have good front offices. The Bengals used to be bad, but they have spent more money lately and drafted well. The Steelers are undergoing a change at the GM spot, but there might not be a more stable team in the league.

--This unit isn't the lifeblood of a team, but all four teams have very good running backs.

This is a very good division.

Legend
Legend
It really is a good division. Outside of Cincy’s WRs, I can’t really think of a unit head and shoulders above the other 3

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
It really is a good division. Outside of Cincy’s WRs, I can’t really think of a unit head and shoulders above the other 3

Our RB's and OL

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
2 members like this: AZBrown, FATE
I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
Looking at your rankings got me to thinking about how all four teams are strong in key areas.

--Three of the four have excellent quarterbacks. I can't rank them, but I know they are really good. Most analysts would agree that at least two are elite and many more would include Lamar in that category.

--All four teams are well coached. I didn't approve of the Stefanski hire, but he's really good. I didn't like Taylor at first, but he has really matured and did a great job in tough moments last year. Tomlin and Harbaugh are elite.

--All four teams have good front offices. The Bengals used to be bad, but they have spent more money lately and drafted well. The Steelers are undergoing a change at the GM spot, but there might not be a more stable team in the league.

--This unit isn't the lifeblood of a team, but all four teams have very good running backs.

This is a very good division.
I noticed in the draft the North teams drafted in regards of countering
Other teams strengths

The Browns took a potential wrecking machine In Winfrey.
What do the other 3 teams do well....run the ball.
Winfrey potential neutralizer vs the run and.....he can get skinny
And wreck the pocket ( think Larry O)

The Ravens got torched by Jamar Chase and Tee Higgins
How do they counter that.?
Drafted big time centerfielder Kyle Hamilton
Ravens again facing a elite Browns running game...let's draft
Travis Jones..all 390 of him.

The Bengals seeing how the Browns bought in a unicorn at QB..
Who do they draft...Daxton Hill and his 4.38 40 speed
RD 2..Cam Britt Taylor CB.

The Browns who lost some games by 3 or less...let's draft the best
Kicker In the nation..cause it worked for Ravens and Bengals

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Sounds like we have a FO that finally knows what it's doing!!! They have done all this and even managed to keep us in good salary cap position!!!

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by PastorMarc

Our RB's and OL

I think the Browns OL is by far and away superior to the other three teams. I think all four teams have really good running backs. I think our OL could be instrumental to our success.

I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by PastorMarc

Our RB's and OL

I think the Browns OL is by far and away superior to the other three teams. I think all four teams have really good running backs. I think our OL could be instrumental to our success.
The Browns have the best oline in North. But it's not head and shoulders
Above the other 3 teams

The Steelers oline.played better down the stretch in 2021.
Najee Harris had running lanes and his numbers were strong.
Plus they added James Daniels In FA.

The Ravens get back Pro Bowler Ronnie Staley. Lindenbalm
Could step in and be that anchor at center.
The Ravens oline was decimated in 2021. Starting 5 new guys
Every 3rd week.
A healthy Ravens oline makes them a playoff lock.

The Bengals added some proven talent in FA. Karras, that OG
From NE , Cappa.from Tampa and Collins from Dallas. All high level players

The Browns oline IMO has some underlying issues
Can Jedrick Willis play all 17 games and be a top 7 LT?
Nick Harris replaces a savy vet in Tretter. Can Harris make
All the right calls?
Jack Conklin. Can he resume his level of play before the
Season ending injury?
The Browns depth is questionable. Hudson looked
Overwhelmed at RT in 2021.
The Browns oline had issues pass blocking in 2021.
I know Mayfield did them no favors by having zero
Pocket awareness and running into sacks.
But with Watson in the fold,expect more drop backs
In 2022. Pass blocking needs to step up.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
390 lb Travis Jones - yeah no. More like 325.

and 4.57 Hamilton is not covering 4.38 Chase or 4.39 Higgins - maybe over the top coverage, so there's that.

Legend
Legend
Fair questions.

Especially Harris. They have been grooming him to take the position. He still has to prove he can.

Conklin is a damn good RT. He was before the injury. That injury was serious. Hopefully he can return to what he was.

Wills has to prove why he was selected in the first round. He must eliminate mistakes. He is inconsistent. He has the skills but he needs them on every play.

Hudson should improve like Harris he is being groomed to take over RT.

The OL has better depth than we did before.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Not arguing, but I disagree w/your overall take on the OL's. I will say you made some good points about Staley's injury, the Bengals upgrading, us having to replace Tretter, etc. Good discussion.

I will say that we had injuries, as well. Both our tackles were hurt. Yet, we still finished #8 overall according to PFF. We were the #1 ranked OL the previous year.

The Bengals did make some off-season moves, but they were ranked 20th.

The Rats should have Staley back, but they were 21st according to PFF grades.

The Steelers were 26th and PFF even mentioned their ranking was helped because no QB got rid of the ball quicker than Big Ben. I doubt Trubisky or Pickett duplicate that.

Furthermore, we were hindered by a qb who folded under pressure. How many times did you see him duck into an upright fetal position and he is notorious for holding the ball too long. Hell, he still can't identify the unblocked man. We won't have to deal w/that this year and our new qb will exploit coverages if teams even dream of stacking the box.

Anyway, good discussion and different opinions are nice to see. One last thing........>I really want to give a shout out to Callahan. He might be the best OL coach in the business.

I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
Not arguing, but I disagree w/your overall take on the OL's. I will say you made some good points about Staley's injury, the Bengals upgrading, us having to replace Tretter, etc. Good discussion.

I will say that we had injuries, as well. Both our tackles were hurt. Yet, we still finished #8 overall according to PFF. We were the #1 ranked OL the previous year.

The Bengals did make some off-season moves, but they were ranked 20th.

The Rats should have Staley back, but they were 21st according to PFF grades.

The Steelers were 26th and PFF even mentioned their ranking was helped because no QB got rid of the ball quicker than Big Ben. I doubt Trubisky or Pickett duplicate that.

Furthermore, we were hindered by a qb who folded under pressure. How many times did you see him duck into an upright fetal position and he is notorious for holding the ball too long. Hell, he still can't identify the unblocked man. We won't have to deal w/that this year and our new qb will exploit coverages if teams even dream of stacking the box.

Anyway, good discussion and different opinions are nice to see. One last thing........>I really want to give a shout out to Callahan. He might be the best OL coach in the business.
This board is best with different points of view
Your correct Callahan is the best in the business.
I remember in that playoff game vs Pittsburgh, Bitonio was out and someone stepped in
And manhandled Stephon Tuitt. I think he is still on roster .cant recall name
But that's all coaching .eh you know you coached at a high level

V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks, but no, I was just a high school coach.

I really love our OL. We have a great scheme. We have a true bad azz in Tretter. He might be the most physical G in football. He kills people. Bitonio had an even higher grade than Tretter. He's a true pro and a gem of a player. Conklin is an excellent RT. I loved Tretter. We might miss him. He was very smart on his line calls. Wills is okay. I like Berry, but the comment about offensive tackles are offensive tackles was pretty dumb. There is a difference in the skill set between right and left tackles. I actually think Wills could be a really good RT. We got Hubbard back and he is really underrated by this board. This OL rocks. Y'all are going to see it this year. Hell, you saw it in 2020, but they didn't get enough credit by many.

I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
Thanks, but no, I was just a high school coach.

I really love our OL. We have a great scheme. We have a true bad azz in Tretter. He might be the most physical G in football. He kills people. Bitonio had an even higher grade than Tretter. He's a true pro and a gem of a player. Conklin is an excellent RT. I loved Tretter. We might miss him. He was very smart on his line calls. Wills is okay. I like Berry, but the comment about offensive tackles are offensive tackles was pretty dumb. There is a difference in the skill set between right and left tackles. I actually think Wills could be a really good RT. We got Hubbard back and he is really underrated by this board. This OL rocks. Y'all are going to see it this year. Hell, you saw it in 2020, but they didn't get enough credit by many.
Jed Wills at some point needs to go back to his natural position , RT
I know Conklin is the stater there.
But if a team needs a LT, you draft a LT. You don't draft a RT then switch him to LT.
Hand placement, stance, punch , footwork is totally opposite.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Didn't really want to comment on this thread cause I'm such a Homer everything comes up Browns for me...lol laugh

But I would like to comment on one thing: QB

Sorry I got some big time ??? regarding DW off field escapades but ON THE FIELD.

He is better than Burrows
He is way better than Lamar
He blows the doors off whoever is QBing the Steelers.

Thats all I got to say.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I didn't see you mention that the Browns will be getting a very healthy Chris Hubbard back as depth in 2022. That's a damn good player to have at #3 on the OT depth chart.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Post Draft ...Rank the AFC North teams 1 to 4

Link Copied to Clipboard