Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

V
Legend
Legend
V
It's odd that you call others "haters' when they bring up facts about Baker, yet every freaking post you make about the Browns is negative other than when you are trying to elevate Baker. Our coach sucks. Our FO is incompetent. Our supporting cast is terrible. The fans suck. But Baker is great and anyone who points out facts is a "hater."

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
VDog:

As much as you have a right to ride around on your white horse belittling anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion, I have the right to point out where I believe we have deficiencies. I'm also not trying to elevate Baker Mayfield. I'm just a person who believes in giving credit where credit is due. Especially since it appears obvious that Mayfield will no longer be a part of the Cleveland Browns organization, I see no justification for the constant bashing as he walks out the door. What's the point and who does it serve? What a QB can't leave Cleveland unless he's made out to be a piece of crap? For this fan, THANK YOU Baker Mayfield for what you have done for Cleveland Browns football and good luck wherever you should land to continue your career. I have not made any negative comment against the Watson acquisition as far as it appearing to be an upgrade.

As for your other unwarranted comments:
Stefanski: Of course, I'm questioning his scheme and play calling, as has Peyton, Eli, Rodgers, and numerous analysts
FO: never said they were incompetent - your words
Cap Management: I, along with a host of others including the recently posted articles are predicting cap hell for the Browns - not a hater, just a realist
Supporting Cast: I've questioned the Browns DL, particularly the DT's that were rated dead last in the NFL in 2021 and to this point not addressing it. I've questioned our bottom ranked WR room in 2021. I've questioned Njoku signing which IMHO is a total waste of money.
Fans Suck: doesn't even deserve a response to your wording - not mine.

Last edited by steve0255; 05/09/22 09:29 PM. Reason: spelling

T
Legend
Legend
T
Browns news. ... Mary K writes the Browns would have taken player xyz, if they had picked a player at pick 44.
Who leaks this?
It's a bad thing to publicly write what they would have, done.
1. because they didn't! and It's bad Poker, there are 31 other teams.
Any other reports from the 31 other teams about what they woulda coulda done?
Who does this serve, to have them write that they would have taken Metchie? Does it make the Harvard folks feel better?
Because, It doesn't matter! what they would have, because Fact is, they had the chance, and they traded out of the pick!
The End!!!!!!!

They traded out of the pick so it doesn't matter if they would have selected Mickey Freaking Mouse, unless some Suit! want to feel better, or hopes to get sympathy in the public or from the fans.
And it's unprofessional, to say what they would have done, (Other teams will use it against you, you don't leak information.
It's bad Poker for that reason.

You know who the Browns would have taken at #44? (The Trade down! It's what they did, you can't dismiss that they had the pick and that is what they did, so there were no circumstances preventing them from doing the other, but they did the trade, so when someone reports what they "would have done?" it's Nothing, if they had to do it all over again, they already did, they were faced with the pick and as an organization, as a team, the trade down was the move chosen,
so that is the ONLY thing they "would have" done.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I support the Browns and not just one player.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Interesting reads.

I still think you are a bit hung up the browns paying 24% of their cap on the QB. That is for this season, and really, we aren't paying that this season.

One also has to look past their nose to see where the total cap percentage might be once the cap in increased which it surely will. I don't think that 24% number will apply at that point. I don't think you take that in to account.

Also, just where do you think Bakers contract would have gone had he played well this season and we were looking to keep him? I think QB contracts were headed to Watson levels even if we hadn't signed him. As the cap goes up, spending goes up, and QB are at the top of the earnings curve. I think as Watsons contract winds down, it will be pretty average for a top level QB.

Carry on as you wish because you do make good points on many subjects, but IMHO you are way hung up on a salary cap problem that won't exist.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

In free agent news, the Giants released James Bradberry yesterday. He's a very good corner. I hope he doesn't end up on one of the AFC contenders. I think we are a contender and I don't want to see any of the other good teams in the conference get such a good player.

2 members like this: GMdawg, Ballpeen
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree.

As I said earlier on some thread, as June 1 rolls around, several pretty good vets are going to be cut loose. That may be a time where we can pick up a player or two on a 1 or 2 year deal...

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, cfrs made a similar point about player movement once June rolls around. He's typically good at making those predictions.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yet you continue to blame all the team's woes on one player with zero accountability to others or the team. There was much more going on with the Browns season in 2021 than just Mayfield. Your posts however, accepts excuses and try's to construct reasons for every situation except for Mayfield. That's ok, I can see that now Mayfield is gone, so are the excuses. Super Bowl or bust - no excuses now - none!

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2022 Browns/NFL Free Agency Signings/News

Link Copied to Clipboard