Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
That's Nick.

He went to Cedartown, Ga HS. Cedartown isn't far from where I live. He lives there and works out at his old HS with the same coaches he played for in HS. He works with and mentors the kids on the team.

He just shows up every morning and does his thing back at his HS in the off season.

One of the local stories floating around is when Nick signed his $36 mil extension, a lot of the kids on the team told him he could have signed for way more money. Nick just told them "I don't know, $36 mil sounds like a lot of money to me".

A guy keeping it real and giving back to the town of his roots.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
3 members like this: jfanent, Versatile Dog, GMdawg
V
Legend
Legend
V
I have always been far more about the team than any individual player, but Nick Chubb is the Brown's player I admire the most.

Legend
Legend
"Hey, uh, Superman... what do you say we keep the squatting to 500 pounds or less?!"

"Yes, coach."

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Dave
Legend
Legend
Unless he is dragging 675 pounds of D-lineman, and linebackers across the goal line.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: FATE
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
When I grow up I want to be Nick Chubb.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted by FATE
"Hey, uh, Superman... what do you say we keep the squatting to 500 pounds or less?!"

"Yes, coach."

I heard a radio conversation between Dustin Fox and his show producer, Keith Britton yesterday about Chubb squatting 675. They both thought it was a bad idea, with relatively little benefit in terms of conditioning but a high chance of serious injury to his knees or lower back. Britton, a weight lifter himself, said squatting 350 or so with multiple reps would make a lot more sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns put a stop to this kind of training by Nick.

1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Impressive - but man, I cannot believe doing squats with that amount of weight can be good for their knees.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It is impressive. I just don't think it's smart.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
L
Legend
Legend
L
its not smart. Even done with perfect form the stress on spine, hips and knees just isn't worth it to go that heavy and at that kind of weight, so much can go wrong and he wasnt being spotted correctly and that wasn't the right rack for that kind of weight. While impressive, he's not entering a strongman.. He should be doing explosive stuff. All that being said, it's Nick Chubb, whatever he does obviously works for him and as long as the coaches are ok with it, then you do you Nick

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I have always been far more about the team than any individual player, but Nick Chubb is the Brown's player I admire the most.

Same... and that's an incredible squat but I'm also over here praying he doesn't throw his back out lifting that much

<><

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
I tend to agree. I don't see any percentage in lifting that. I know that a max lift is a way some measure strength progress but once you get to certain levels I don't really see the point.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Nick is going to continue doing what has worked for him up to this point, I bet.... but, the team will probably ask him to make sure there aren't a bunch of kids recording it from now on.

I mean, yes, we all probably don't need to see him doing maximal lifts like that and he is probably FAR better served doing a "30-rep max" program that will be geared more toward strength AND muscular endurance, but those programs royally SUCK from a mental standpoint and he may already be doing just that sort of thing anyway, but simply decided to test his 1-rep this day. It's Lifting 101.... you test your max periodically and build your percentages on that (yes, lots of coaches today prefer to use 3-rep and 5-rep maxes for percentages). The only way he stops doing 1-rep tests is if he stops trying to get stronger. No matter what program he does, the weights are going to be getting absurdly heavy and the higher the rep count, the longer that weight is on his shoulders, neck, back, and knees. So, it's "lighter", but that doesn't make it light. Using standard calculators, his 10-rep weight right now, based on that 675, would be roughly 505. If he did a 30-rep program, he'd still be putting 335 on his back... for 30 reps!

The most amazing thing is that he is THAT STRONG and still moves the way he does.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
Damn, that is a load of weight.

I can not imagine lifting that. It hurts my back just watching.

Some of the things these young football players can do is wild. Myles is like off the rails.

I think of Bo Jackson and Jim Brown. Those guys could do anything. I remember hearing that JB was offered big money to train to fight Ali.

He would have gotten destroyed. At the same it would have drawn a crowd. Of course they were lifetime friends so it never happened.

I am sure we all dream of being a sports hero of some kind. If I was given a choice of being great at some sport; it would be being like Mickey Mantle was before he ruined his knee on a outfield drain. He was super fast and man he could hit a baseball like nobody else.

Legend
Legend
I agree. Serious risk versus reward. A back injury/spinal or blown knee, etc. may be part of the risk, but I think this could hurt you quickly for quite awhile. Consider the outcomes. Nice lift! Looked like some lousy spotting tome.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
At least he isn't out there pulling cars and trucks down the street to train.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Was it that or the Madden Cover that did him in?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Was it that or the Madden Cover that did him in?

I think there was a lot that did, the cover being the least of it.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I know this might sound crazy but I trust Nick Chubb to know what’s best for his body.

2 members like this: OldColdDawg, FrankZ
Legend
Legend
well, that's just un-American.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Just Chubb hulking out... squatting 675

Link Copied to Clipboard