Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
That makes sense. Carolina and Atlanta are close to where I live. Not sure if we play the Panthers at home or on the road. I will add that I don't enjoy going to games like I used to. I'm getting older and the alcohol induced testosterone flying around is annoying at this stage of my life.
PM me if you are considering either of those games...

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
Oh, yeah. My brother's mom-in-law would always do that. She'd boil babybacks in a large pot with pickling spice until the meat just begins to pull away from the bones, then finish them on the grill with Sweet Baby Ray's. It's a rather generic recipe and sauce, but the results were always fantastic.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Gah! No boil the ribs!

I usually run spares 4-4.5 hours at 275F. They are always best sae day after a rest, but reheated is ok too.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Gah! No boil the ribs!

Truer words have never been spoken. Should be a crime.

My mom puts her ribs in a crockpot and swears by it. I now refer to her by first name only!

3 members like this: oobernoober, FATE, MemphisBrownie
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I like bacon, eggs, and coffee with my games. If every game started at 1pm (10am) I’d be happy. Gives me a full afternoon to get other things done too.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: AZBrown
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted by steve0255
THE SCHEDULE IS RELEASED TOMORROW NIGHT AT 8 p.m. EDT May 12th.

Yeah, sorry about the typos in my first post. Of course I knew when the schedule would be released. Did ya think I thought Nay 22 was a thing? smile

And to Vers, thanks for the kind words, although I don’t know what prompted them. Was someone running their beak about me?

I am so glad you’re back, missed your football acumen. Now you again can take over the “Beating the....” in the Gameday forum this season, lol. And while I was pulling for Baker to succeed, I can’t find much fault with your analysis of his game. Just keep your cool when the arguments get testy, dawg!

I am with peen in that I don’t like the prime time games, but I DO like the 5 pm games (4 pm eastern).

As for food fare, my chilli is damn solid, but it’s time consuming. I much prefer the wife’s killer nachos or tacos on Sunday.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
H
1st String
1st String
H
1 o’clock games are the worst. Ruins the whole day being right in the middle of day. 4 or night game I have all day to relax. Have a few beers during game and not have anything else to do because it’s 8pm or bedtime.

I don’t post much, been reading for yeeeaars. Keep my mouth shut during silly nonsense arguing, derailing of threads etc.

But 1 o clock games are lame. And what made me chime in more than anything is the mentioning of boiling ribs and even worse using sweet baby rays. Wth guys. 4 o’clock games and prime time means more than enough time to make a proper meal. Do it right gentlemen.

Lol I’m still shook. Boiling ribs is what I imagine a cincy fan doing.

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I don’t post much, been reading for yeeeaars. Keep my mouth shut during silly nonsense arguing, derailing of threads etc.

higho...you have a right to your opinion just like the rest of the DawgTalk members and if your opinion on any one subject is different than someone elses..so be it.

...keep posting..!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
B
Legend
Legend
B
Gah! No boil the ribs!

I usually run spares 4-4.5 hours at 275F. They are always best sae day after a rest, but reheated is ok too.

You were the one complaining about time. If you don't want to get up and get thing rolling around 5-6 AM, I was simply giving you an option. Purp mentioned pickle spice. I have used simply vinegar and water.

It may not be the way I would like to do it, but they come out fine. If you haven't tried it, give it a try sometime. Try it on one rack. It's not like ribs cost all that much. If you don't like it, you aren't out much money or time.

As for sauce, I use a good quality sauce that I then customize to give it a homemade taste. Let's face it, a bottled sauce is the base. I doubt people are starting by growing and drying their own tomato's and chilies, etc. You are starting with a can of paste, ketchup, etc. A bottle is the same thing without all the work and mess to end up with the same basic thing.

As for some of the other comments, I guess everybody in here is a pit master. I can stack up to any of you and better than many. We don't need to get all high horsed here. I was giving a option that I'd bet if you actually had them without knowing they started off boiled, your taste buds wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
As for the schedule and games, I have narrowed mine down. I will come up for the Jets, Chargers, Pats, Tampa, and Ravens.

I plan to sell off my Steelers, Bengals, and New Orleans tickets. The Steelers and Bengals are both of the night games. I would expect both will be high demand tickets. The NO game is Christman Eve. Might make a good Christmas present.

If the NO seats are hard to sell, I will be in Florida, so I won't be able to use them. I'll probably give them to somebody.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL.......I knew people were going to criticize the boiling method and the sauce.

In regards to cooking, I make us a large breakfast on the flattop griddle. Bacon, eggs, and home fries. I sometimes make latkes instead of the home fries.

For dinner, I make meals that require all-day cooking or resting time. I'll make homemade sauce for lasagna or other pasta dishes. My mother was Italian and her family was/is renowned in the cooking community. Or, I'll prepare stuffed peppers and let them marinate in the tomato base all day. Or other things like beef stew, potato soup, wedding soup, pasta fagioli soup, chili, or I may prepare a standing rib roast w/an herb and garlic paste and let it sit in the fridge and then take it out 3 hours before cooking it to let it get to room temperature. What I don't like to do is start cooking a meal from scratch once the game is over. I really enjoy watching the other games on TV and I have 2 TVs going in the Bonus Room where I hang out.

As far as the time of the games. I like to drink a few beers when I watch the Browns and I feel guilty if I start drinking around 1:00. That's pretty early to be consuming alcohol when you are at home. The 4:00 game means that we have to eat dinner during the game and I like to really analyze the game and let's be real here.......it's hard to be very attentive when you are stuffing your face full of food.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
Weeks ten and eleven The Browns play the Bills away and then the Bucs at home.

Of course you want to win every game. These games should tell us if we can win in the playoffs.

They come when the team should be playing close to what we really are as a team. Both the Bills and Bucs are teams that could compete for the SB.

We play them back to back. You can not go out there and lay two eggs. If we are going to do anything this year. We need to win one and show up for both.

Meaning play a tough hard fought game. The rest of the NFL looks at the Browns like "what are we?" They don't even want to talk about us. They know we could be scary good. The conversation about the Browns is uncomfortable. We are not just any team. We are a story.

So if the Browns were to go out and take down the Bills and Bucs and be charging towards the playoffs. It will be interesting to hear how the media will handle the Browns?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
You were the one complaining about time. If you don't want to get up and get thing rolling around 5-6 AM, I was simply giving you an option.

I have done ribs for a 1PM game, but I don't get out of bed that easily on a Sunday anymore. I have to be up early all week for work, I need my beauty rest.

I'll take the couple of late games for ribs. Sunday night game might mean pulled pork cause I can have enough time to do that.

To go back to topic laugh

I like the routine of 1PM games. Some people have said that preparation is partly about routine. I want the team prepared. It may help the team to be 1PM every week.

Another good reason for 1PM is I hate Collinsworth. laugh

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
O
Legend
Legend
O
I loved early games when I was on the West Coast because we sucked and getting the Browns game out of the way early was ideal.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
Just order ribs from uber eats. Problem solved.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
"The NFL has complete control over it".

Everything has to fit into a formula and an algorithm. There is a butterfly effect to every manual manipulation. It is 100 percent impossible to have something that is viewed as "fair and equitable" for every team. Of course the league will rearrange things to put marquee match-ups in the spotlight, but thinking these things are done to play favorites is pretty silly.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
I know it's probably sacrilege to some, but I've been doing my ribs in the Instapot, then finishing them on the grill or the oven broiler. Super quick, super tender, and easy to do, even in the winter.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
I know it's probably sacrilege to some, but I've been doing my ribs in the Instapot, then finishing them on the grill or the oven broiler. Super quick, super tender, and easy to do, even in the winter.

Why can’t you smoke ribs in the winter?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You can, but only in certain states
That was a euphemism, right?

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Legend
Legend

The only thing that matters is the finished product. Everything else is style points.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Watson not getting suspended: 12-5

Watson 4-6 game suspension: 9-8

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I loved early games when I was on the West Coast because we sucked and getting the Browns game out of the way early was ideal.

I like breakfast burritos with the game.

Another reason I like the 1PM games is just look at the time I am posting this. I get up early. Always have. This morning is a little earlier than normal, I usually get up around 4AM. I don't like having to wait around all darn day for the game to start.

Night games, forget about it, I won't be able to stay awake unless I actually go to the game. At home I like to go to bed around 6:30 or 7:00 PM. I don't fall asleep then. I might read for a while or watch something on TV for a while, but I like to be in bed when the sandman calls, which is usually by 8ish. Just left over habits from when I was working. I liked to get in to my office by 5:30AM. I liked the few hours of quite time to be able to prepare without interruption.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by cfrs15

Why can’t you smoke ribs in the winter?

Hard to keep the papers dry

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1 member likes this: FATE
B
Legend
Legend
B
I am sure the crocpot would make them tasty, but to me they would come out more like braised short ribs. That's fine, I like those as well, but I do like to pick them up on the bone.

It also sounds like you would be braising them in the sauce. I don't like my ribs wet. I like them dry, then add some sauce as you eat them if desired.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I'm not trusting any more leaks.

You're too young for Depends® undergarments.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend

Oh no, you diin't. Pleeeze tell me you diin't.
OMG, you slacker.

Maybe it's a man thang, I dunno.

Ribs are personal. You got to rub her like you love her. Take time. Make certain that no square inch has missed your attention. 'Special sauce"- your own recipe of 'twists and kinks' from the cabinet makes it personal- and specific to your tastes. Good wood is important. You got to build that heat jusst right a perfect combination of cool side and hot side. Know just how and when to use the cotton mop for max sauce coverage. Like I said- personal.

And yeah, y'all... I smoke all winter.
(in more ways than one, as you can see)

"he's here all week, folks... tip your wait staff-"
#rim shot

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: GratefulDawg, FATE
2nd String
2nd String
Gah! No boil the ribs!

I usually run spares 4-4.5 hours at 275F. They are always best same day after a rest, but reheated is ok too.
I love my CharBroil smoker. Ribs take about 5 - 6 hours. Boiling is for eggs.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
B
Legend
Legend
B
Actually, for me, smoking and grilling is best in the winter. Swabbing the mop or some ribs, flipping burgers or getting the fire right isn't fun in the summer.

I guess a positive in summer grilling is you can save on salt. Just hang your face over the grill and drip all over the meat.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
The Houston game should be interesting if Watson isn't suspended.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I run a Yoder.

BTW I've smoked eggs too.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

OMG, you slacker.

Ribs are personal. You got to rub her like you love her. Take time. Make certain that no square inch has missed your attention. 'Special sauce"- your own recipe of 'twists and kinks' from the cabinet makes it personal- and specific to your tastes. Good wood is important. You got to build that heat jusst right a perfect combination of cool side and hot side. Know just how and when to use the cotton mop for max sauce coverage. Like I said- personal.

#rim shot

As a foodie and a chef, that was priceless, my friend!

2 members like this: GratefulDawg, Clemdawg
O
Legend
Legend
O

OMG, you slacker.

#rim shot

#FOODPORN

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I am sure the crocpot would make them tasty, but to me they would come out more like braised short ribs. That's fine, I like those as well, but I do like to pick them up on the bone.

It also sounds like you would be braising them in the sauce. I don't like my ribs wet. I like them dry, then add some sauce as you eat them if desired.

You're spot on. That's exactly how they turn out. I certainly prefer my ribs smoked properly and without any sauce. If they're done right sauce just covers up the flavor of good smoked meat. It's akin to putting A-1 sauce on a good steak. Both should be illegal.

But my wife likes them that way and I find it's not a bad change of pace on occasion.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Ribs are personal.

#FOODPORN

::stands up and clears his throat::

"Hi, my name is PPE, and I'm a Foodie. I have been taking pictures of my food from multiple angles to get the lighting just right before I eat it for several years, now."

[everyone claps]

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
Kinda off-topic (more like double-off-topic), but it's my stretch goal for this summer to get the patio done so the smoker has a permanent home. It'll be in the backyard and sheltered from the wind, so I should have an easier time with longer cooks.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Get 'er done!

That's not a stretch goal, put your head down and work! What is your major malfunction??

(did that help?)

Last edited by FATE; 05/18/22 09:43 AM. Reason: bad grammar

Legend
Legend
I built a really nice 30'x22' paver patio at the old house, then promptly put the place on the market. The new place is amazing, but has no patio and I miss having a surface that patio chairs don't sink into the day after a light rain.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
lol, not really. New roof is first in line for home improvement dollars.

But to your point, the smoker gets pulled out into the driveway when in use. I burn through fuel far faster than I should, and I think/hope that's only because it's exposed to the wind.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by oobernoober
lol, not really. New roof is first in line for home improvement dollars.

But to your point, the smoker gets pulled out into the driveway when in use. I burn through fuel far faster than I should, and I think/hope that's only because it's exposed to the wind.

Wind will do that and make keeping a fairly steady temp going much harder.

Just as a make shift deal, you could build a wind screen of sorts. A couple of sheets of plywood cut in half and several heavy duty hinges could give you a 3 sided shelter with a removable top or 4th side you could just lean in place. When you are done, fold it up and lean it against a garage wall or something. You could do that for under $200 I would imagine.

Again, just a make do measure for a year or two until you get your outdoor man kitchen.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Browns 2022 schedule

Link Copied to Clipboard